Stats: 3,192,573 members, 7,948,202 topics. Date: Friday, 13 September 2024 at 04:04 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (38) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1256441 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 7:08pm On May 12, 2020
Adetayoade1:
Good evening please is it Compulsory one must submit payslips ?

Hello Adetayoade1,

Its optional. All the best.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 7:16pm On May 12, 2020
Chukwuemeka101:

Thanks, I informed the HR today...

My major concern is if my previous employment letter i used to apply before will reflect , because i dont have a current 4 months pay slip all my pay slip for the previous one was 2019 pay slip

Hello Chukwuemeka101,

There is no harm including both your previous and current employment letter in your application and also it depends on how you are narrating your story. The payslip is options and YES you can include your payslip for 2019 esp for the late part of it, if you are trying to prove or justify your financial situation or financial status or as the case may be.

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 7:25pm On May 12, 2020
segzyndpep:
Help!Help!Help!
Please is it important i have a personal asset(landed property) even though i am sponsoring myself and also married.
I have a verifiable business with a good online presence and several projects.The company is registered with a good tax records.

I need answers!!!!

Hello Segzyndpep,

You are good to go with your business investment. One thing to do is demonstrating it to suit the situation of your source of funds and home tie. Your reasons why the business needs more of your presence should be well substantiated so you don't contradict yourself.

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 7:29pm On May 12, 2020
usmee:
Good afternoon guys!!!

I am helping my friend with a study Application in Canada. However his brother is the one sponsoring his education, so he provided a company bank statement and private account statement for 6 months. But I figured in the company bank statement, a lump sum of money was paid into the account on the 2nd and 6th of may 6mil & 33mill respectively while his personal bank statement shows that a deposit of 4mil was made on the 4th may.

Can we still use the statements with such inflow or do we have write a letter of of explanation or is it better we wait till the money has spent a couple of months there before we proceed with the application?

Hello Usmee,

This may be a red flag if not properly justified in writing and with tangible evidence otherwise this may backfire and turn out to be refusal based on insufficent funds.

All the best

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chukwuemeka101: 7:30pm On May 12, 2020
Frankrobbn1:

It would cost you N42,900

It will end in praise

Is the bank charges inclusive or only application fee ?

Because am seeing 150CAD which 41,800 or so, then 1% of the amount, am confuse ,someone should help out,

I need to know the total deduction they will deduct from my account for the visa fee and bank charges.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chukwuemeka101: 7:31pm On May 12, 2020
JustMellow:

Hello Chukwuemeka101,

There is no harm including both your previous and current employment letter in your application and also it depends on how you are narrating your story. The payslip is options and YES you can include your payslip for 2019 esp for the late part of it, if you are trying to prove or justify your financial situation or financial status or as the case may be.

All the best

Thanks, I did so ,now set to send the application ,just want to know the total of everything .

The visa fee and bank charges
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 7:36pm On May 12, 2020
Oganammuo:
Hello family,
Hope we are staying safe.
Pls the gurus in the house, advice me on this.
I applied 2nd of March pgd, May intake,
got BVL on 17th April.
Since then till date, no update.
I sent webform to know the status on 10th of May.
Now I am thinking of sending to them my deferred admission letter.

Will it serve any purpose or should I just Mello and continue to wait?

Should I send it or just stay calm?

Hello Oganammuo,

Hold on. Your application has been finalized. All the best.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 7:46pm On May 12, 2020
gettingbeta:
Hello everyone, I have followed this thread closely, reading through all the advices from the gurus here. God bless you all for what you do, I have made some good friends offline who have been helpful in one way or the other, learning a lot from what I read here also, its been a learning process all along. You are all doing an amazing job. Thank you all.

I intend submitting my application this week, kindly see my documents below: Gained admission for an MBA at UCW Vancouver, BC for July intake{MBA foundation}, main program starts in September 2020.

Client Info : Birth Cert, Family Passports and Marriage Certificate {Married with 2 children}, Family photos, Education Plan Insurance for my 2 children, School certificates{graduated in 2008 - Business Admin & Magt}, Resume & Professional Certs, Tax card, Employment and promotion letters {been working for 12 years}, Relocation letter, Wifey's Letter of introduction from work, Family birth certs, Police character Cert, S.O.P, Life Insurance Plan, etc.

POF : My 6 months Payslip and Statement of accounts {using the authorization ticket from GTB}, Pension statement till date, House Insurance Certificate worth#21.8m with rental incomes, 2 Landed properties with documentation and cost evaluation, School's scholarship letter and grants, Employer letter of introduction stating my study leave approval, Cooperative account statement of #6.5m, My business C.O.I, Mutual Fund investment letter of #8m plus, Payment receipts of CAD16k {school first year is CAD21k}. Wifey statement of account, etc.

Other study documents have been duly filled and uploaded already online.

This is my first time applying, I don't intend going with my family as wifey has to take care of business while I am away. I work and do business by the side too. I am 35 years old.

Please honorable gurus, kindly scan and skim through if I omitted an important document as I intend submitting this week.

Please help as I am at your plea.

God bless you all.

@frankrobbin, justwise, justmellow, lekiboboe, etc...

Regards.

Hello Gettingbeta,

The documents are well-selected and the application meets a standard. If you believe in a higher power, direct the discretion of the VO with your spirituality. BTW I am very curious to see how the bolded (cooperative S.) looks like if you're open to it?

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Pee2Jay9: 7:48pm On May 12, 2020
Pls is this form for everyone? Am i supppsed fo say YES to that question asked about medical examination in 12 months?

Frankrobbn1:

Sorry about that okay. There is no cause for alarm, check the recently attached form with this post and get back to me Asap.

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by SonofGod2000: 7:55pm On May 12, 2020
Ha, all these for just you and you a lone grin grin

Subbyshal:
Good afternoon Everyone,
I just got my refusal letter based on the following grounds, please help me and advice me on how to tackle the refusal reasons.

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in
subsection 200(1) of the IRPR, based on your travel history.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in
subsection 200(1) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of
residence.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in
subsection 200(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
subsection 200(1) of the IRPR, based on your current employment situation.
subsection 200(1) of the IRPR, based on your immigration status

The documents I submitted are:
Acceptance letter from Seneca College
Statement of Results
Statement of Purpose
Birth certificate of all my siblings
Valuation of Properties
Elder sister is a citizen in Canada (her Birth Certificate)
Waec result
Transcript
NYSC PPA letter (I am finishing this May 2020)
Reference Letter from current employer (I am a finance Intern)
Land document
Letter of support from Dad (my main sponsor)
Sponsors SOA
About 25 Tenancy Agreements (since that's my Dad's main source of Income)
My passport
Police certificate
Money in just savings account is about 10.5 million naira, properties worth 306 million naira

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by segzyndpep(m): 7:59pm On May 12, 2020
He don happen,
Refusal letter just drop.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 8:02pm On May 12, 2020
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by segzyndpep(m): 8:03pm On May 12, 2020
Wunaarroon69:
This month is risky cry

Aswerugod
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Pee2Jay9: 8:09pm On May 12, 2020
Team, pls what's the maximum amount of money above which you'll have to explain to in the VO. Salary will definitely have payslips, how about side businesses cos I have those. And should I include the agreement documents as well?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Electroweb(m): 8:17pm On May 12, 2020
Refusal letter dropped today. Lol!
Reasons: family ties, employment status, personal assets and financial status.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by SonofGod2000: 8:17pm On May 12, 2020
It seems all these refusals are first time study permit APPLICANTs.

Please profs, analyse. The VOs don dey go gaga grin grin
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Subbyshal(f): 8:27pm On May 12, 2020
JustMellow:

Hello Subbyshal,

Sorry for the outcome of your application, its unfortunate. However, your application is good but still requires some improving. Do well to request for your GCMS notes then proper advice can be rendered afterwards. I have my own queries of my own:

1. You mentioned your dad is the main sponsor, does this mean there is another and if yes, how did you show this person.

2. You mentioned that your dad's main business is real estate, if so, is there other business he does and if yes, how or did you demonstrate this or provide explanations and evidence.

3. Why include so much property/tenancy agreement documents, was it for a reason or created idea and if yes, how did you demonstrate or explain this since its more of an economic and level of establishment justification.

4. How was you study plan and what do you talk about esp your personal/sponsor financial situation.

5. Where was you application processed, Nairobi? and was it a self-applied application.

BTW your notes will be very resourceful in responding to your situation.

All the best

1. He is the Only sponsor.

2. His only main source of Income is from real estate which is through tenants. I submitted the Tenancy agreement between him and his tenants to show proof of how much he gets annually. I also submitted the valuation of his properties which was done in court and a registered real estate Surveyor and Analysis of rental Income per year.

3. He has about 45 tenants and I submitted the highest ones so as to show there is a legal agreement and they pay every year. So his financial standing won't be questioned.

4. I tried to make it very good, I read examples on nairaland, google etc. I broke down my Dad's financial qualification on an excel sheet, then transferred it to word.
I can send my SOP, for you to review.

5.It was processed in Lagos, Nigeria. It was not self applied, I used an agent.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by mcobex: 8:29pm On May 12, 2020
dehiero:

Somebody please help me out I know you all are busy please
While you are waiting for someone to send you a sample, kindly Google search and you will find countless of samples. CHEERS
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Pee2Jay9: 8:32pm On May 12, 2020
Team,

Please how do I tackle a refused visitor visa (2018) on travel history grounds and now want to apply for study visa (first time Applicant)..
Would it have any effect?

And am I to write an LOE or SOp as regards this? Whats the difference sef?

Meanwhile, yes. I now have travel history, visited 3 cities on tourism visas
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by mcobex: 8:43pm On May 12, 2020
Skymoore1004:
Justwise and few others already suggested the GCMS notes.

Just say you want to learn more about it later to help your case. Which one is get CAIP & let’s see it together
Stop saying what you don't know.
Welcome back @Penitential
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Maprince4: 8:44pm On May 12, 2020
[quote author=Frankrobbn1 post=89468300]

Another error on the Kenya Immigration Officer's (KIO) part. Applicant is applying from his home country with a Nigerian Passport. Despite that, the responsible Visa officer is not satisfied about his current immigration status in his home country. This tells how inefficient and callous these visa officers can be as they tend not to be reviewing files in its entirety.

The sad aspect of it all is that even the GCMS notes we firmly rely upon for clarity are also generic!, which leaves prospective applicants in the dark as there is no set out system/standards to follow.

Having said that, you have no option but to order for it and share the notes with the members of this thread.

On the other hand, you can address those reasons that were raised in a well articulated context and file for re-application.

Be strong and hope for the best in your next application.

It will end in praise.

[/quote

How do i request for GCMS notes for my application? I also got denial Today, it's was so sad

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Skymoore1004: 8:44pm On May 12, 2020
Park well please, don’t mention me here
mcobex:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by dommakavelli: 8:52pm On May 12, 2020
Don't worry about visitor visa refusal. You are applying for something else. Don't even mention it.
They will ask you on the form tho, all you need to write there is this.

One rejection in Canada on Date.

Pee2Jay9:
Team,

Please how do I tackle a refused visitor visa (2018) on travel history grounds and now want to apply for study visa (first time Applicant)..
Would it have any effect?

And am I to write an LOE or SOp as regards this? Whats the difference sef?

Meanwhile, yes. I now have travel history, visited 3 cities on tourism visas

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by mcobex: 8:54pm On May 12, 2020
Skymoore1004:
Park well please, don’t mention me here
Stop saying what you don't know!!!

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Skymoore1004: 9:00pm On May 12, 2020
Get employed and busy, leave me alone!
mcobex:
Stop saying what you don't know!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Maprince4: 9:06pm On May 12, 2020
Hello house,
is request for GCMS notes compulsory? And what time can someone reapply after getting denial Today.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by SetZ(m): 9:09pm On May 12, 2020
Maprince4:
Hello house,
is request for GCMS notes compulsory? And what time can someone reapply after getting denial Today.

To my opinion its not really that compulsory but it would give you more insight as to the reason you were really rejected,
And this would help your next application especially when writing the LOE
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by dommakavelli: 9:10pm On May 12, 2020
It's not compulsory but it is recommended. Submitting a second application without GCMS note is like driving a car at night without headlights.

Maprince4:
Hello house,
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by mcobex: 9:21pm On May 12, 2020
Skymoore1004:
Get employed and busy, leave me alone!
Since you have something doing why don't you employ me then?
Stop saying what you don't know

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 9:23pm On May 12, 2020

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 9:24pm On May 12, 2020
Please you and Mr Sky should not derail this thread. He is a jester from U.K. thread, so kindly ignore. Also he did not mention you, no need to find unnecessary trouble and derail this thread.

Thank you
mcobex:
Since you have something doing why don't you employ me then?
Stop saying what you don't know
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by penitential(m): 9:25pm On May 12, 2020
Bro, thanks very much. I greet you once again.
mcobex:

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) ... (723)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52