Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,340 members, 7,897,516 topics. Date: Monday, 22 July 2024 at 03:23 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (711) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1231620 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (708) (709) (710) (711) (712) (713) (714) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by olasubomy: 11:56pm On Dec 16, 2020
Phatkayconcept:
Hi guys, I'm having a very difficult time with VFS and UPS. On Friday, VFS said that they have shipped my passport through their in-house UPS to my address in Ibadan.

Since Friday , I have been waiting for UPS to arrive. Yesterday, they called me from their Ogunlana drive UPS office and asked if I have received my passport and I said no that I am waiting for them all day long. They said I will get it, yesterday passed, I didn't get it. Later in the evening, their tracking website said technical issue, that my package will be delayed.

Today, I got a message from a man from their office and he said they have shipped my package to badagry, when I wrote clearly that my address is Ibadan.

Guys, does anybody have any ups contact that can connect me with Ogunlana Drive or any UPS number in Lagos. Or anyway I can help myself in this situation.

Both VFS and UPS number that called me are not going through. This VFS are filled with useless and unprofessional people.

Hello Bro, can you try sending them an e-mail and escalate to this email : ngcustomerservice@ups.com and see if there is improvement.

Phone calls might be taken for granted but an e-mail cannot be ignored becuase everyone is seeing it and it is documented especially when the escalation is coming from a customer.

It will end in praise, sorry about the whole drama.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by englois: 12:15am On Dec 17, 2020
awys:

It depends on if the bank your sponsor uses is amongst the banks what you will do let him go to the the bank explain to the customer service that he needs the mybank statement certificate now this is how it works the bank will send a one year bank statement to the embassy directly from their system there in the bank immediately a ticket ID and passcode will be generated they will print it out then that's what you will upload to your IRCC Portal where is being requested you have to print yours and your sponsor merge in one document as pdf and upload and send.Hope it helps
What bank do you and your sponsor uses.I know for Access, FCMB and GTB bank

Thanks.
My sponsor's bank is zenith bank. It's on mybankstatement. He's my sole sponsor, do I need own statement of account. I have virtually no money in my own account.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by awys: 12:25am On Dec 17, 2020
englois:

Thanks.
My sponsor's bank is zenith bank. It's on mybankstatement. He's my sole sponsor, do I need own statement of account. I have virtually no money in my own account.
You can do it that way let him go to the bank branch tomorrow and ask they will do it for him .It's ideal though you have some funds in the account and depending on the relationship between you and him like if he is your father it's a strong one then it can fly but have also seen where someone got approved using uncle as sponsor ooo don't get me wrong but then it's always better to be on a safer side and makes the Application strong if your sponsor is your father or mother that's what I think other gurus can add their opinions.it can work for you but people also get denied for the fact that they didn't put their own SOA like there is no financial status coming from the applicant itself and if the relationship is far again like inlaw etc they might raise an eye brow but all these depends on the VO assessing the Application and God some use it and get approved and some aren't lucky and gets denied based on financial status so it depends
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by angels1: 12:25am On Dec 17, 2020
When did you submit your study Permit request.
OtunbaTee:

Did mine yesterday night before sleeping. A d this morning...it changed! PPR next.

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by angels1: 12:35am On Dec 17, 2020
How did you transfer the money?
JosephYemsol:
i got the inititive as well from some guys i met here on this platform. GIC is a surer way of proofing POF since it shows the availaibity of the funds when in canada.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by olasubomy: 12:37am On Dec 17, 2020
Good evening, please who has travelled with Emirates or have an idea if there is any need to present COVID test result for Emirates Airline?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by hope4brym: 12:49am On Dec 17, 2020
Airbnb is definitely legit, and regulated. But it's an expensive option. You may search for other accommodation options such as flat-shares or apartment-shares. Some schools also have Facebook groups advertising accommodation for incoming students.

You may also find kijiji.ca to be an excellent resource for your search.

Godsblessings:
the school accommodation is 1220cad, but it's filled up , the school recommended hotel inn downtown it's 85$ per night almost 1.2M for 14days , and when checked Airbnb , I saw booking at 45k for the 14days. Pls has anyone booked accommodation on Airbnb ? I think Airbnb is cheaper compare to other but I'm not sure about it's legit cos we need to make the payment to reserve.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chocs(f): 1:20am On Dec 17, 2020
Hello Olasubomy,

Your surest answer would be from the airline. Call them or send them an email with your route (departure country, destination country and any transit country) and ask if you require a test.

I found the following email addresses, you can search for more.

ekuae@emirates.com
emirates-on-line@emirates.com
ekuk@emirates.com

Best wishes

olasubomy:
Good evening, please who has travelled with Emirates or have an idea if there is any need to present COVID test result for Emirates Airline?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Toluchenko(m): 3:55am On Dec 17, 2020
My people...good evening...

Mehn NSE has put things on hold o...I'm waiting till the one-month window closes shaar (Dec. 25)

So, I have a question and I'll appreciate your opinions.

My lectures are starting January 11. Considering the little time left and the stage my Visa application is in, I will most likely have to opt for online classes (that is, observe the winter semester remotely), then when the Visa drops I'll continue the online classes in Canada for the first semester.

Now, remember the AIP (September) season where people were given AIPs due to the international flight restrictions. The AIP was used to begin online classes. Now that there are no flight restrictions and AIPs are not being issued again, what will I have to tender to begin the Winter semester remotely??

Please I need your opinions.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Yetima355: 4:18am On Dec 17, 2020
I just checked Rcic website and it was written that the normal processing time for student Visa in Nigeria is 36weeks . shocked
Please how true is this?
I thought it was 12weeks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by LordAA(m): 5:22am On Dec 17, 2020
Hello Guys,

Please is there anyone travelling to Ottawa or Ontario between now and January 2021?

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Akannitommy: 5:38am On Dec 17, 2020
Am sure they don't. The one that delivered mine sent me a thank you and prayer text by 6:57pm. I didn't know he saved my phone number. My heart melted.

MadeMan01:

Congratulations bro. Those courier riders don't know how almighty they are grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Legacyedition: 5:39am On Dec 17, 2020
englois:

Please can you explain how you submitted your mybankstatement. I've been confused about how I'll upload my sponsor mybankstatement. He is not using internet banking so he has to go to the bank. How will the bank send it? Do they need my log in page. Kindly help me.

Let him write you a letter and authorize the bank to release the documents to you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JORDAN55: 5:44am On Dec 17, 2020
JORDAN55:
Hello everyone,
I received my passport yesterday and I will like to ask a few questions
1. What are the documents required to present at the airport for boarding and at the canadian border?

2. What does one need to get BTA from the bank and has anyone gotten BTA recently?

please can anyone help with the first question please
Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Akannitommy: 5:45am On Dec 17, 2020
It is not the airline per se however, the Nigerian Immigration can stop you without it and they may already have informed the airlines to implement same before travelers scale check-in. I have also heard that even the POE guys need it to let you in. Am still working on getting mine too and hopefully that should be sorted later today when I can get back to talk with my school people in Montreal. Someone on here who is also going to Concordia already got it. I think it will have to do with you registering, paying your fees - no outstanding for the semester - and then you will be able to apply for/get one.

MOKENN:

That's exactly my problem.

Is it airline that's requesting?

Cos i'm flying Emirates not Ethiopian
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Akannitommy: 5:57am On Dec 17, 2020
"Hi guys. If you know anyone traveling to �� from Nigeria as a student, please inform them to contact their school and obtain a recent enrollment letter within a month's time from departure time. If not, they will be prevented from Flying even with a valid study permit....

Cases seen from Ethiopian airline...

Please share with your contacts and save inconvenience and cost of rescheduling flights ✈️"

Above is a chat my brother based in Halifax shared from a whatsapp group of Nigerians he is a part of. See my other response on this subject for what the document is. It is essentially a proof that you have registered for courses, made payments for fees due and you are a genuine student. Not sure you can get it without fulfilling one of these conditions.

My thought though because it was the same in the US but they don't ask for it at the airport or for boarding. So imagine you needed to apply for renewal of student status or something from the IRCC/DHS (could be SOWP after you land) as a current student, they would need a proof that you are truly "enrolled" as a student. Your DLI will never issue it if you are owing, or have unmet obligations at the time of your request.

MOKENN:

Please who has information on this Enrollment letter thing.

I didn't get any from my school. Yet I hear that people are being stopped from flying because they don't have it.

What's the way out?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 6:00am On Dec 17, 2020
adeniyi3971:

Bro I have a 2.2 in Biochemistry, I’m working towards serving in a food company for my NYSC program hence I’m applying for food science or something related! Now here’s my question since I can’t apply into an MSc program, can I apply for either PGD, PGcert or Advance diploma? Cos I usually see these three all the time.

Also, what are the chances of getting the visa and also, what reason will I give in my SOP? Thanks in anticipation.
Hi,

Well from the the response of some Honorables in this forum, it has been made known that a 2.2 graduate can still get masters.
So it won't look as if you are bin deterred from applying for M.SC, if you feel you can get an M.SC admission with your 2.2 u can give it shot

Mind you it's your choice........

Now to your question,

With your 2.2, u can apply for a PG. Cert in a Biochemistry, Chemistry, Biology, Microbiology related Programs, do check the 3 links below for that

https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/557#96293458

https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/406#94920304

Remember No Two application is same, so the chances of you getting a study visa depends on how you package your application

In order to achieve that,
Go through all the contents in the link below

CANADA STUDY VISA APPLICATION FULL GUIDE (D-I-Y) & other Useful Information pertaining to Canada Study Visa
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/341#94059644

The reasons depends on how you can proof that your main purpose of Visit to Canada is to study.

You will do Justice to dat on your SOP, and note that anything you mention or talk about in your SOP, there must be a proof/evidence for it.

See the link below for,
Step-by-Step Guidelines & Format to write an SOP
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/688#97027510
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Akannitommy: 6:11am On Dec 17, 2020
Please be very careful and not be a victim. The issue of enrollment verification as a required document at the POE or point of departure (POD) is very recent - just in the last week or two.

The question I will ask is have you registered for courses? Have you paid the required fees (or applied your tuition deposit) to clear this balance? If you answer YES to both questions, then even if the school won't issue one (I think some schools call it "Attestation Letter"wink, you can be creative about it.

Print out your course registration details, unofficial transcript from student portal, and proof of fees payment in addition to the email mentioned by my other Honorable. I do not think the email is enough on its own and also do not think after registration/enrollment and payment of fees, any school would deny you a letter to confirm this even at the risk of denial of entry.

The problem as I suspect may be that the school official who attended to your email/request was reviewing your current status and gave the verdict based on fact that you may not have enrolled yet and paid for fees owed for the semester (that is my overarching assumption and I could be stupidly wrong) and not a general school policy even for those who are eligible for verification.

Pseermuhel:
Thank you very much. I'm going to print out the mail and present it if they ask.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Fai2: 6:12am On Dec 17, 2020
Hello guys,

The letter of Correspondence that came along with your counterfoil in your IRCC account, is that the same as LOI?

Mine was not spelt as LOI, so I want to know if it is the same.

Please and Please, I need a response.
Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Fai2: 6:14am On Dec 17, 2020
Please can anyone share the contact or location of someone who sells scale? I mean the portable scale for weighing luggage.

This would help people who are travelling too.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 6:18am On Dec 17, 2020
Fai2:
Hello guys,

The letter of Correspondence that came along with your counterfoil in your IRCC account, is that the same as LOI?

Thank you
Yes that's it..

LOI is just an abbreviation for LETTER OF INTRODUCTION
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Akannitommy: 6:24am On Dec 17, 2020
YES.

Fai2:
Hello guys,

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Maflow360(m): 6:32am On Dec 17, 2020
Hi all, has/is anyone traveled/traveling with Qatar Airlines (transit through Doha) to Canada from Lagos? Did you need a covid test before boarding or being admitted into Hamad (Doha) Airport for transiting/stopover?

Also, in a situation where your port of entry (POE) in Canada is not your final destination - a layover - what do you fill out on ArriveCan (flight details, for example). This POE or your final flight details/city where you will quarantine? There are separate places on flights to Canada and Quarantine details. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Sirromey(m): 6:40am On Dec 17, 2020
Congratulations.
evergold:
After about a year of pursuing my work permit, I am happy to announce that I finally have my passport in my hands.

It's been a nerve-racking journey. Unfortunately, I only found this group last month. I wish I have found it earlier because there is just too much valuable information here.

One thing I can do for those that will come after me is these:

1. If you need to pay for school fees and your card is not going, I can help you pay from next year
2. If you are coming to Toronto and need a place to stay for at most two weeks, I can accommodate you from the 26th of December this year
3. If you need a friend in Toronto to gist with, to cruise with and to have fun with, I will be available for you after my quarantine

I have benefitted a lot from this group and I will like to pay it forward.

If you are ever transiting through Toronto and need a place to crash, let me know. I am paying for a 1 bedroom + Den in Toronto after I leave quarantine and I will be glad to accommodate you as long as it is not more than two weeks.

I am travelling using Ethiopian Airlines on December 25th and I have already booked a whole apartment for quarantine. Anyone is free to stay with me during that 2 weeks.

It has ended in praise peeps.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Sirromey(m): 6:49am On Dec 17, 2020
Good morning everyone. Please has any paper applicant received visa approval this week?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 6:56am On Dec 17, 2020
xtremlov:
Big congratulations @Lekiboboe.

Thanks Chief
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Yteem: 6:57am On Dec 17, 2020
Frankrobbn1:

Answer yes that you've taken a language proficiency test and include a copy of your IELTS result with your application.

It will end in praise.

I want to please find out if anyone experienced issues while trying to upload documents on IRCC site yesterday. I tried to upload additional documents requested for and I got the error message below.

Please note that I did not do anything outside the normal process, the files were not too large. Just wondering if it was a glitch from their own end. Thank you.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 6:58am On Dec 17, 2020
Frankrobbn1:

The visa on the renewed passport is the exact duration of your visa and can be extended within Canada. Multiple simply implies that you can travel to and from of Canada throughout the duration of your visa.

It will end in praise
Ok , Roger that.

Thanks xo mch
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 6:59am On Dec 17, 2020
NairaLuck:

Massive congratulations to you Hon. Lekiboboe, omor I can't contain the feeling.
Omor I don dey arrange some foodstuffs already them go know.
Warri to Canada, CONESTOGA HERE I COME grin
Thanks Odogwu

Hahahahahaha, nice one

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by adeniyi3971(m): 7:15am On Dec 17, 2020
Lekiboboe:

Hi,

Well from the the response of some Honorables in this forum, it has been made known that a 2.2 graduate can still get masters.
So it won't look as if you are bin deterred from applying for M.SC, if you feel you can get an M.SC admission with your 2.2 u can give it shot

Mind you it's your choice........

Now to your question,

With your 2.2, u can apply for a PG. Cert in a Biochemistry, Chemistry, Biology, Microbiology related Programs, do check the 3 links below for that

https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/557#96293458

https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/406#94920304

Remember No Two application is same, so the chances of you getting a study visa depends on how you package your application

In order to achieve that,
Go through all the contents in the link below

CANADA STUDY VISA APPLICATION FULL GUIDE (D-I-Y) & other Useful Information pertaining to Canada Study Visa
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/341#94059644

The reasons depends on how you can proof that your main purpose of Visit to Canada is to study.

You will do Justice to dat on your SOP, and note that anything you mention or talk about in your SOP, there must be a proof/evidence for it.

See the link below for,
Step-by-Step Guidelines & Format to write an SOP
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/688#97027510

Thanks bro! I have published my final year project, so I’m hoping it gives me some sort of leverage when applying for both MSC and PGD! Also bro when can I start applying to schools? I’m going for Service anytime between Feb -March! But I’m thinking of applying for the Jan 22 Winter admission or
What do you think?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by letskeeptalking: 7:20am On Dec 17, 2020
adeenzo:
PPR just dropped... yes yes yes
I am so happy right now...
Timeline
1st time applicant
Submitted 7th of September
I didn’t receive any medical request for close to 2-3 months so I decided to do my upfront medicals, my medicals was updated to pass on the 27th of NOV and my BVL and PPR dropped 3rd of December...

Thank God.
Please guys don’t give up abeg... just believe.
I will be back with more info
Do you think getting the upfront medicals done helped fasten your application timeline?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by jonosas: 7:26am On Dec 17, 2020
Hi AyoitsMub,

Let me share my chat with CIBC so it can be even clearer. It contains links and answers to many FAQs.

Cheers.

AyoitsMub:
Hi Jonosas,
I'm sure the gurus will have better advice for you but, but I'm just curious on how you got the GIC. The last time I inquired, it was just for some selected countries (Excluding NG), is there a way for Nigerians now? Please enlighten us while you wait for advice. Thanks!

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (708) (709) (710) (711) (712) (713) (714) ... (723)

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.