Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,801 members, 7,893,100 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 July 2024 at 02:01 AM

Coronavirus: Kano Emir Says Mass Deaths In State Not Connected To COVID-19 - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Coronavirus: Kano Emir Says Mass Deaths In State Not Connected To COVID-19 (211 Views)

Kano Moves To Unravel Cause Of Mass Deaths / Coronavirus: Africa Recorded 17 Deaths In 24 Hours – WHO / 90 Percent Deaths In Nigerian Hospitals Due To Attitude – Prof Agan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Coronavirus: Kano Emir Says Mass Deaths In State Not Connected To COVID-19 by Officialhorlah(m): 12:06pm On Apr 27, 2020
- The Emir of Kano, Alhaji Aminu Ado Bayero, has released a statement over the reported mass deaths in the ancient city
- The monarch confirmed the mass deaths but said they were not as a result of the coronavirus pandemic
- Emir Bayero also urged Kano residents to abide by all the preventive measures announced by the NCDC regarding COVID-19
The Emir of Kano, Alhaji Aminu Ado Bayero, has confirmed that the mass deaths reported in Kano
state but maintained that they were not from
COVID-19 as alleged in some quarters. The monarch said in a statement released on
Sunday, April 26, that he was informed by the
state’s Ministry of Health that the mass deaths were
not as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, Channels
TV reports. Emir Bayero prayed for the repose of the souls who
lost their lives and also prayed for the quick
recovery of those infected with COVID-19.
Legit.ng gathers that the emir further urged Kano residents to abide by all the preventive measures
announced by the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) and other health authorities. The monarch also called on parents to ensure their
children do not continue to play football on the
streets in disregard for the state's directive on social
distancing. Emir Bayero also cautioned against spreading fake
news regarding the virus to avoid unnecessary
creating panic.

Below is the full speech by the Sarkin Kano:

"My people may the peace and blessing of Allah be
upon you all. "We wish to inform you that, the Kano state ministry
of health has informed us about the update on the
outbreak of COVID-19 in various places across the
state. "This report is really important, the report has
further confirmed to us that COVID-19 is real and
that as of today about 73 people have tested
positive for the pandemic.
"My people, with regards to this situation, it had
become necessary for us to remind you on the
need to follow all the necessary medical advice. "You all must stay away from overcrowded places,
wash your hands regularly with soap and use face
masks. "We also urge you to avoid stigmatisation on
people with the infection, avoid fake news that may
likely create panic among our people. "I equally call on you to look after your children
and make sure they do not continue to play
football on the streets, once you notice any
symptoms please do not hesitate to report such to
medical experts. "My people, I call on you to remain calm and
continue to pray for Allah’s intervention. I,
therefore, want to use this opportunity to condole
the family of those who lost lives recently. "We were equally informed by the ministry that the
deaths were not as a result of the COVID-19
outbreak.
"We, therefore, pray for the repose of the souls
who lost their lives, may Almighty Allah forgive
them, those infected, we pray for their quick
recovery. "May Almighty Allah continue to protect us."
Similarly, the Kano state government on Sunday,
April 26, said the recent mysterious deaths recorded in the state are not connected to the COVID-19 pandemic. The Kano state commissioner of information,
Muhammad Garba, in a statement said findings by
the state ministry of health has shown that most of
the deaths were caused by complications arising
from hypertension, diabetes, meningitis and acute
malaria. He stated that the ministry of health acting on the
orders of Governor Umar Ganduje was already
conducting a thorough investigation into the
immediate and remote causes of the deaths.
https://www.legit.ng/1324529-coronavirus-kano-emir-mass-deaths-state-connected-covid-19.html

Re: Coronavirus: Kano Emir Says Mass Deaths In State Not Connected To COVID-19 by Yungmil: 12:08pm On Apr 27, 2020
a new lai Mohammed has arrived
Re: Coronavirus: Kano Emir Says Mass Deaths In State Not Connected To COVID-19 by mignone(f): 12:20pm On Apr 27, 2020
Yoruba ppl say: if u claim to av made 200 ridges while u made only 100, u'll eat d 100 lies after d 100 truth.
Re: Coronavirus: Kano Emir Says Mass Deaths In State Not Connected To COVID-19 by psucc(m): 12:24pm On Apr 27, 2020
Yungmil:
a new lai Mohammed has arrived
I don't think you are right. Do you think the Emir doesn't know what he is saying? He has a very good source of info and grounds before coming public but I think he will lack the courage to tell it to the people who caused it.

Let's forget politics and sometimes say the truth.

Ganduje, the Executive Governor of Kano State desecrated the land in his quest to ousted the former Emir. This may be where the origin of their deaths lies.
Re: Coronavirus: Kano Emir Says Mass Deaths In State Not Connected To COVID-19 by dayorich: 12:26pm On Apr 27, 2020
The emir's turban (headcover/headgear) is already a face mask, so he doesn't need another face mask again!
Re: Coronavirus: Kano Emir Says Mass Deaths In State Not Connected To COVID-19 by bigiyaro(m): 1:12pm On Apr 27, 2020
what is this puppet saying? is it gandollars that wrote this speech for you let him keep waiting for the 15billion while your subjects keep dying.

(1) (Reply)

Natural Remedies For Tooth Ache / Sixty Four New Cases Of COVID19 Reported / Which Facemasks Is Appropriate?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.