Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,909 members, 7,942,275 topics. Date: Saturday, 07 September 2024 at 05:48 AM

Prof. Jibril Aminu Dumps Pdp - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Prof. Jibril Aminu Dumps Pdp (4621 Views)

Youths Vandalise Aishatu Jibril-Dukku's House In Gombe / Aminu Tambuwal Meets With Bola Tinubu (Photos) / Sarah Jibril: “my One Vote Will Continue To Haunt Nigerian Women” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Prof. Jibril Aminu Dumps Pdp by silami(m): 1:16am On Jan 09, 2011
Is this a sign that PDP is going down?

Dont vote PDP - Jibril Aminu
From David Molomo, Yola
Sunday, January 09, 2011

•Jibril Aminu
Photo: Sun News Publishing
More Stories on This Section
Former Petroleum Minister, Professor Jibril Aminu, has withdrawn from the 2011 contest, and has directed his supporters not to vote the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in 2011 but should look for a party that is “run by more serious people.”

Senator Aminu, who made the withdrawal known to newsmen on Saturday in Yola, said his action was informed by the fact that the party has been hijacked by a few totally undemocratic elements relentlessly driven by corrupt, selfishness and mad pursuit for retention of power at all costs.

The PDP Board of Trustees member described the political scenario in Adamawa State congress and primaries of House of Representatives as absolute disregard for due process and the will of the masses.

According to him, except for only a handful of places such as Yola North and Song local governments, no proper primaries were held in the state. “In most places, there were no election held at all and many others remain unresolved or marred by deliberate threats and intimidation, and other violent acts of government-sponsored political thuggery.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2011/jan/09/national-09-01-2011-002.htm
Re: Prof. Jibril Aminu Dumps Pdp by Phate07(m): 1:24am On Jan 09, 2011

Who's he? undecided
Re: Prof. Jibril Aminu Dumps Pdp by silami(m): 2:03am On Jan 09, 2011
^^^ He is a Senator, a former Minister of Petroleum and Education. He was also Nigerian Ambassador to the USA. u can check below fro wikipedia.

Jubril Aminu
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jibril Muhammad Aminu
Senator for Adamawa Central
Incumbent
Assumed office
29 May 2003
Preceded by Abubakar Girei
Born August 1939
Adamawa State, Nigeria
Jibril Muhammad Aminu (born August 1939) is a professor of cardiology.[1] He was Nigerian Ambassador to the USA (1999–2003) and was elected Senator for Adamawa Central constituency of Adamawa State, Nigeria, taking office on 29 May 2007. He is a member of the People's Democratic Party (PDP).[2]
[edit]Birth and academic career

Aminu was born in August 1939. Studying medicine, he obtained an M.B.B.S from the University of Ibadan in 1965, and a PhD in Medicine from the Royal Post-Graduate Medical School, London in 1972. He was appointed a Fellow of the Nigerian Academy of Science in 1972, a Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians, London in 1980 and a Fellow of the West African College of Physicians also in 1980. He was made a Distinguished Fellow of the Nigerian Postgraduate Medical College in 2004.[2]
Aminu was a Consultant in Medicine, Senior Lecturer and Sub-Dean, Clinical Studies at the University of Ibadan Medical School (1973–1975), and Executive Secretary of the National Universities Commission (1975–1979). He was Visiting Professor of Medicine at Howard University College of Medicine in Washington DC (1979–1980) and Vice-Chancellor of the University of Maiduguri, 1980-1985. He was also Professor of Medicine at the University of Maiduguri (1979–1995).[2]
[edit]Political career

Aminu held office as Federal Minister of Education and then Federal Minister of Petroleum and Mineral Resources (1989–1992). While Petroleum Minister he was President of the African Petroleum Producers Association (1991) and President of the OPEC Conference (1991–1992). He was elected a delegate to the National Constitutional Conference (1994–1995). From 1999 to 2003, Aminu was Nigerian Ambassador to the United States of America.[2]
Aminu was elected to the Senate for Adamawa Central in 2003 and reelected in 2007. As a Senator Aminu was appointed to committees on Foreign Affairs, Education, Air Force and Health.[2] In a mid-term evaluation of Senators in May 2009, ThisDay said that he had not sponsored any bills, but had contributed to debates on some motions. He had managed the Foreign Affairs Committee well, and was very committed to the activities of the Committee on Education.[3]
On 2 January 2010, Aminu was installed the "Bobaselu of The Source" by the Ooni of Ife, Oba Sijuwade.[
Re: Prof. Jibril Aminu Dumps Pdp by Kobojunkie: 2:15am On Jan 09, 2011
@Poster, it is no such thing. The point is as politicians, even members of the PDP do realize that this is a game of survival of the fittest and you have to go anywhere belle face. PDP is no more a popular party and with back to backs like Yar adua, and Jonathan at the national level, as well as the many state and local failures, only a blind, deaf and dumb politician would not realize at this point that in order to continue in power, they are probably best defecting to the other side.
Re: Prof. Jibril Aminu Dumps Pdp by silami(m): 2:48am On Jan 09, 2011
@Kobojunkie, PDP has never been a popular party to the common man. it has been just a rigging machinery and platform of deception, that few thieves come together using their stolen wealth to coarse the masses. God is doing wonders just watch and see the downfall of PDP and its representatives on NL headed by BEAF.
Re: Prof. Jibril Aminu Dumps Pdp by fstranger1: 3:46am On Jan 09, 2011
silami:

@Kobojunkie, PDP has never been a popular party to the common man. it has been just a rigging machinery and platform of deception, that few thieves come together using their stolen wealth to coarse the masses. God is doing wonders just watch and see the downfall of PDP and its representatives on NL headed by BEAF.

Can we just leave God out of this?

Man's problem can and should be solved by Man.

The problem in Nigeria is that most of the populace are cowards and would rather sit tight, hoping for God to intervene,rather than take action!
Re: Prof. Jibril Aminu Dumps Pdp by Kobojunkie: 3:52am On Jan 09, 2011
silami:

That is not entirely true. This is Nigeria where the tone changes depending on what part you find yourself. Also, this is Nigerian land where what is unacceptable today becomes acceptable for no rational reason tommorow. lol
Re: Prof. Jibril Aminu Dumps Pdp by silami(m): 4:17am On Jan 09, 2011
Kobojunkie:

That is not entirely true. This is Nigeria where the tone changes depending on what part you find yourself. Also, this is Nigerian land where what is unacceptable today becomes acceptable for no rational reason tommorow. lol

But tell me whether if an average Nigerian citizen is happy with PDP?
Re: Prof. Jibril Aminu Dumps Pdp by Kobojunkie: 4:37am On Jan 09, 2011
silami:

But tell me whether if an average Nigerian citizen is happy with PDP?

I am not certain I can read the mind of the average Nigerian in this. I do however know that people have been known to switch sides at the drop of a dime down there. I mean you could meet someone who tells you that PDP is evil one minute but the next swears that PDP is from God. You know what accuse @Beaf and others of doing right before our eyes here on nairaland? Well, I am of the belief that that mindset is typical.
Re: Prof. Jibril Aminu Dumps Pdp by silami(m): 5:04am On Jan 09, 2011
Kobojunkie:

I am not certain I can read the mind of the average Nigerian in this. I do however know that people have been known to switch sides at the drop of a dime down there. I mean you could meet someone who tells you that PDP is evil one minute but the next swears that PDP is from God. You know what accuse @Beaf and others of doing right before our eyes here on nairaland? Well, I am of the belief that that mindset is typical.
well the typicality of mindset does not mean that people cant be rational sometimes. If you actually understand the point i am trying to make is this, our emotion most of the time is stronger than our knowledge, and people like Beaf tend to be too emotionally involve and become ignorance of the facts before them. PDP there is no doubt, is in control and has all the resources at their disposal and can mobilise its resources to buy loyalty because an average Nigerian prefers immediate food than promising future.
Re: Prof. Jibril Aminu Dumps Pdp by monkeyleg: 7:43am On Jan 09, 2011
Poeple kidding themselves again, never really understand how politics is run in Nigeria. this same PDP is hated beyond belief in Delta state, yet they won the recent re-run election, and yes people swore that it was free and fair with no mago-mago. this same PDP will win the next presidential election with no problems what so ever
Re: Prof. Jibril Aminu Dumps Pdp by Kobojunkie: 7:56am On Jan 09, 2011
silami:

well the typicality of mindset does not mean that people cant be rational sometimes. If you actually understand the point i am trying to make is this, our emotion most of the time is stronger than our knowledge, and people like Beaf tend to be too emotionally involve and become ignorance of the facts before them. PDP there is no doubt, is in control and has all the resources at their disposal and can mobilise its resources to buy loyalty because an average Nigerian prefers immediate food than promising future.

You are making my point for me there.
Re: Prof. Jibril Aminu Dumps Pdp by Rhino5dm: 11:48am On Jan 09, 2011
Aha! the old professor is now complaining . karma is sweet lol.
thesame shameless f.o.ol never won any election in adamawa state, rather Obj force him as a sanator against the wish of the  people  . it's about time the chicken to home for roast.

pls. confirm the above or otherwise if you know anything about politics of adamawa.
Re: Prof. Jibril Aminu Dumps Pdp by RICHIEBOI1(m): 12:03pm On Jan 09, 2011
fstranger1:

Can we just leave God out of this?

Man's problem can and should be solved by Man.

The problem in Nigeria is that most of the populace are cowards and would rather sit tight, hoping for God to intervene,rather than take action!

Well Said! wink
Re: Prof. Jibril Aminu Dumps Pdp by reckless: 12:16pm On Jan 09, 2011
@Rhino.5dm:
thesame shameless f.o.ol never won any election in adamawa state, rather Obj force him as a sanator against the wish of the  people  . it's about time the chicken to home for roast.

pls. confirm the above or otherwise if you know anything about politics of adamawa. I can confirm to you that the old man has not been in good terms with the admiral farmer governor of adamawa. Aminu has been critical of how the gov administers the state. His son dumped the Navy as commander to become the defacto gov. The gov becos of the aforemention decided to sponsor his chief of staff against prof Aminu for the senate seat of adamawa central senatorial.
Re: Prof. Jibril Aminu Dumps Pdp by Rhino5dm: 12:26pm On Jan 09, 2011
thanks for the info. but i wanted to confirm my initially knowlegde of him not winning the previous election of the senatorial seat and was offered the rigged-selection by Obj on a plater of gold.

reckless:

@Rhino.5dm:

pls. confirm the above or otherwise if you know anything about politics of adamawa. I can confirm to you that the old man has not been in good terms with the admiral farmer governor of adamawa. Aminu has been critical of how the gov administers the state. His son dumped the Navy as commander to become the defacto gov. The gov becos of the aforemention decided to sponsor his chief of staff against prof Aminu for the senate seat of adamawa central senatorial.

[size=22pt]how did you read me ?? over![/size]

[size=32pt]sai baba mai mangoro!!! wink wink [/size]
Re: Prof. Jibril Aminu Dumps Pdp by reckless: 12:36pm On Jan 09, 2011
@ RHINO. Sure the guy did not win election in 2003, he was imposed by OBJ. In fact he went on air congratulating his opponent, then suddenly another announcement came confirming his election. I listen to him sometime ago on hardtalk where he confirm it but saying he just hurriedly congratulated the man with some results been awaited
Re: Prof. Jibril Aminu Dumps Pdp by Rhino5dm: 12:56pm On Jan 09, 2011
My book is clean then, thankyou very much.

reckless:

@ RHINO. Sure the guy did not win election in 2003, he was imposed by OBJ. In fact he went on air congratulating his opponent, then suddenly another announcement came confirming his election. I listen to him sometime ago on hardtalk where he confirm it but saying he just hurriedly congratulated the man with some results been awaited

[size=22pt]Alasure sai jango[/size] cheesy cheesy cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Why Buhari Was Removed By IBB / I Will Commit Suicide If Jonathan Is Re-elected!!! / I Just Had A Dream About Prof. Yemi Osinbajo On New Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.