Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,535 members, 7,905,069 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 July 2024 at 04:25 AM

Post Your Vista Problems Here - Computers (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Vista Problems Here (23366 Views)

BBM For PC Download, Blackberry Messenger For Windows7/8/vista Computer / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by bigrovar(m): 8:00pm On Jun 25, 2007
Orimili:

@abohrandy: you are absolutely right. After having Vista on my computer for a few weeks, I have decided to go back to xp, and I could not have been happier. I am just much more productive on xp without the excess resources being used, and can get things done faster than with vista. There are many things that like about Vista, but i will stay away from it, at least until the first service pack is released for it.
Ajodabile:

My laptop (Compaq presario with a Celeron processor) came with Vista Home Basic preinstalled. Man, the thing was no different from XP. And it made my computer damn slow. And so many stuff could not be installed on it (my printer for example) It was a heartache. I was so glad when I uninstalled it and installed XP. For now, vista is not worth it, unless you have a mega-fast computer, and are willing to suffer a little while Microsoft gets it right. maybe in a year or two, but until then, XP for life!
well i dont know ao to over emphasize this, not every system is vista compatible, vista is a different os its not an upgrade to xp, no its an os on its own, every new os in the market comes with a upgraded hardware requirement.when Win2000 and win 98 were the latest os the average ram required was 128mb for u to enjoy ur pc xperience.xp made it 512.for u to have a an hitch free pc xperience now vista is saying 1gb.look technology is moving if u decide to stay in the past no problem but dont blame vista.its working for me very well now bcus i have everything its needs to work, if u dont then wait till u have the hardware to support vista, dont rush. even i use 1gb ram on xp not to talk of vista, and for the guy that loaded vista on a celeron /512 pc, i dont know what to say to u, i wont even advise anybody to use celeron for anything, not even xp, why wont your system be slow, ignore all the vista capable stickers u see in laptop all those are just commercial hype, because in the technical sense even a 128ram pc would support vista but dont try this at home
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by maxjax(m): 8:02pm On Jun 25, 2007
Plz im havin problm installin a bluetooth adapter to my vista O.S! It freeze after installatn. Urgent help plz! Thanx
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by bigrovar(m): 8:32pm On Jun 25, 2007
Double N:

Bigrovar the system is a Hp Pavilion dv6183ea.
Memory 1GB
Processor intel core 2 duo 1.83ghz(T5600)
Graphics card Nvidia Geforce go 7400 with 256mb memory.
Please i await your response.Good work you are doing here,keep it up!

that is a very nice system yes u can certainly upgrade to vista just made sure u do a clean install and not an upgrade, ie use the vista cd to format ur hadrive the intall vista, but b4 that go to hp site to download all the vista drivers for ur pc luck , and any problem i would be here
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by bigrovar(m): 8:45pm On Jun 25, 2007
maxjax:

Please im havin problm installin a bluetooth adapter to my vista O.S! It freeze after installatn. Urgent help plz! Thanx
to start with i dont know the type of bluetooth adapter u are using, ok just to let u know that the only bluetooth adapter that i know to work with vista is bluesoleil v3.2 u can download it here http://www.bluesoleil.com/download/index.asp good luck
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by bigrovar(m): 9:00pm On Jun 25, 2007
kellorah:

Had to get a new printer for VISTA. angry

Pica 2 doesn't work any more. angry

Is this VISTa thing a curse or what? Just when I thought I was enjoying it!

to start with why the angry face, anyway why dont u try downloading the newest pica update i have it on my pc and it is working perfectly, about the printer well i know that for those using hp printers they can download the latest drivers that work with vista. a friend once told me that he downloaded them and it worked,
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by bigrovar(m): 9:31pm On Jun 25, 2007
amena:

[good now could u please tell me the kind of phone u are using ,is it a nokia ,motorola etc, am sure it not a big problem but i need to know what kind of phone uare using,
Thnx alot bigrovar, ve learnt alot from u. am using nokia 5300. but guess what it got connected on wed afternoon and stopped later. still can't connect since then. now am convinced it can work but what the pro is I can't tell.I need to start njoying my vista oh because I now know its not meant to be problematic. what do u think I should do

Secondly, ms office 2007 came installed with the laptop and yet keep asking for the key. been showing my remaining num of times i can access it- wats d solution?

am currently doing a research on the phone internet connection would get back to u later today or maybe tomoro, about the office, must if not all of the office programs that come shipped with a pc are trial application that u are expected to evaluate and then buy, they usually give u a 60 days trial time, i don't know if yours falls into that category but i would look into it
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by samboribo(m): 6:40pm On Jun 26, 2007
bigrovar, the vista master, come and see ooo!! my vista is telling me my product key is invalid for activation and it has finally shut me out of my own pc. all i have access to is 1 internet explorer window from where i sign in to messenger. every other function (start menu, taskbar, etc) is invisible. booting with safe mode limits me to many things. what am i supposed to do? i have tried other keys as well all to no avail. i'm beginning to think this vista sucks. and to think it came pre-installed with my laptop. my day has just been exhausted for nothing. cry cry
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by bigrovar(m): 8:29pm On Jun 26, 2007
THE SOLUTION TO YOUR PROBLEM IS HERE http://support.microsoft.com/kb/931573. GO THERE IF U HAVE ANY PROBLEM LET ME KNOW
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by bigrovar(m): 8:31pm On Jun 26, 2007
remember to use internet explorer, good luck sorry eh
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by samboribo(m): 9:11pm On Jun 26, 2007
GOSH!!!!! angry angry why did you have to wait until everything had dabarued before giving me a solution, bigrovar? i ended up re-installing the vista package after a crack scattered everything finally, minutes after my post. worse of all, i tried your number this evening and it was switched off. no messenger contact. you broke my heart!  cry i lost all my files cos of that yeye crack. cry cry cry

now, i'll just download that update for future purposes cos i'm expecting the same warning back in 3 days. Vista is messed!! sad still on still, thanks for your help.
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by Gguy3(m): 7:24am On Jun 27, 2007
i have dell xps m1210 with vista home premium. it has refused to boot after just two weeks of use. what could be the problem
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by bigrovar(m): 9:07am On Jun 27, 2007
u need to supply me with more infor like what are the circumstance that rounded its not booting, what were u doing the last time u shut down, was it with u always hence eliminating chances that it got bumped or dropped,did your system come preinstalled with vista, and if not what is the config, i need to know this things so that i can see how i can help,
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by hayprof(m): 9:44am On Jun 27, 2007
@bigbrovar, I want a Vista Installation DIsc,
Can you help?

I want to taste it with all this hype about it,
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by bigrovar(m): 9:55am On Jun 27, 2007
sorry mate the vista i use can pre-installed with my gateway system.although i have the vista installation cd i doubt it would work with any other system other than my cus its built to recognize some bios digital signature on my system.am so sorry
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by hayprof(m): 7:35pm On Jun 27, 2007
ok, may b someone else as it. i wonder why all the lapi companies do pre instal.?
so wen u wan to get anoda pc d other one pre instald is past tense. a copy is beta.
Anyways. tanx
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by samboribo(m): 9:22pm On Jun 27, 2007
ok! so, all of my files were automatically saved to a "windows.old" folder in the HDD and nothing was lost after all. but then, i tried the link you gave me and it gives me an error message after downloading. how do i know if my system is a 64-bit?
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by bigrovar(m): 6:34am On Jun 28, 2007
just try to update ur system then it would naturaly download the uodate and other update that your system needs, to check if your system is a 64bit, go to my computer and click on system properties on the top of the screen u would see everything about the system including whether its 64/32

Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by chichimma(f): 1:14am On Jul 02, 2007
Hey bigrovar,

I guess you did not read my last reply on this topic with my latest problem with the removable disk and Vista.
Don't know why I cannot open or save anything on my USB stick from my laptop.

Do you know what I am doing wrong or overlooking?
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by bigrovar(m): 8:22am On Jul 02, 2007
chichimma:

Hey bigrovar,

I guess you did not read my last reply on this topic with my latest problem with the removable disk and Vista.
Don't know why I cannot open or save anything on my USB stick from my laptop.

Do you know what I am doing wrong or overlooking?

embarassed sorry mate i gussed i most have missed it, iv u tried another usb drive cus that could happen if your usb is corrupt or something, anyway i would look into it for and i would get back to u in a giffy wink
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by bigrovar(m): 8:30am On Jul 02, 2007
please tell me the name of your usb drive, very important so that i can easily findout the appropriate solution for u, ----i know that some version of Sandisk Cruzer has issue with vista, just let me know,
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by TrueTalk3: 10:27am On Jul 04, 2007
Hey bigrovar,

U r doing great with all your assistance on this Vista issues. wink

I'll like to know, if I get a new Sony Viao is it meant to come with some cds (i.e recovery cd et al)

Secondly, I normally browse with my phone connection (i.e gprs), but with this vista thingy, I cant even install my P990i software on the thing let alone connect to browse.

Abeg try help your guy!

Wont mind giving you a call too, but it seems your number isn't going for now.
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by bigrovar(m): 3:26pm On Jul 04, 2007
True Talk:

Hey bigrovar,

You r doing great with all your assistance on this Vista issues. wink

I'll like to know, if I get a new Sony Viao is it meant to come with some cds (i.e recovery cd et al)

Secondly, I normally browse with my phone connection (i.e gprs), but with this vista thingy, I can't even install my P990i software on the thing let alone connect to browse.

Abeg try help your guy!

Wont mind giving you a call too, but it seems your number isn't going for now.

i dont really get the 1st part of ur post, however concerning the second part u can download the new p990i software that support vista here http://www.sonyericsson.com/downloads/Sony%20Ericsson%20PC%20Suite%20for%20SmartPhones%201.3.19.exe
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by bigrovar(m): 3:31pm On Jul 04, 2007
ok i get it now u wont to know if the sony vaio u intend on buying would come with recovery cds, well from experience most dont come with recovery disk, ur recovery file is always embedded in a hidden harddrive partition, and u would then be able to create your recovery disk using the vaio recovery disk utility, but it all depends of ao u buy
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by chichimma(f): 2:17am On Jul 06, 2007
Thanks Bigrovar,

I am not sure of the name of the USB but on the stick is written: USB Flash Disk.
I don't think that is very helpful to you undecided
Guess I will buy another one because I think as you mentioned it is corrupted with windows files and not vista wink.
Because my laptop does not even recognize it !

Thanks for your reply.
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by bigrovar(m): 4:55am On Jul 06, 2007
why dont u get A new usb drive and get back to me,
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by TrueTalk3: 1:19pm On Jul 11, 2007
@ bigrovar,

Thanks a lot for your help so far.

Another issue is that I cant get bluetooth connection; laptop to phone.

The bluetooth dongle I had cant be installed on vista, sad

Abeg do you know of any vista compatible - bluetooth dongle I could get ??

Thanks. wink
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by bigrovar(m): 10:58pm On Jul 11, 2007
u get one here http://www.bluesoleil.com/download/index.asp it not free sha but u can us eit for upto 5mb
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by squee(m): 9:38pm On Jul 30, 2007
pls help me!!!! am having problems using my word 2007. it is always asking me to register using my product key. i tried to key in the product key beneath my laptop, but it says invalid!!! what do i do? i use a compaq presario c500
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by Saddam: 2:58am On Jul 31, 2007
The problem I had with Hp pavilion dv 2000
Was that the Pl2303 Data cable driver For Nokia wasn’t working,

I hate Vista It sucks….
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by bigrovar(m): 6:27pm On Jul 31, 2007
squee:

please help me!!!! am having problems using my word 2007. it is always asking me to register using my product key. i tried to key in the product key beneath my laptop, but it says invalid!!! what do i do? i use a compaq presario c500
what i just want to ask you is - did u buy the word 2007 your self or did it come preinstalled on your system when u got it? , if it came pre-installed then it is most likely a trial version in which case your trial time was up.if not and you purchased it and were given an original key then i will look into the matter for u but first u have to let me know case it is
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by bigrovar(m): 6:49pm On Jul 31, 2007
Saddam:

The problem I had with Hp pavilion dv 2000
Was that the Pl2303 Data cable driver For Nokia wasn’t working,

I hate Vista It sucks….

why dont u try downloading a vista compatible version here http://europe.nokia.com/A4144937

u may hate vista all u want but i tell you i have used xp and now am using vista and i can say that vista is way more advanced than xp, take it or leave it a computer is as good as its user,
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by amena(f): 8:21pm On Jul 31, 2007
[good now could u please tell me the kind of phone u are using ,is it a nokia ,motorola etc, am sure it not a big problem but i need to know what kind of phone uare using,]

Bigrovar tnx for your help. My vista works wll now. Though had to upgrade my nokia 5300 pc suite for vista compatibility.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Unlock Any Data Card Modem And Make It Useable On Any Network / Macbook Pro 16" 2021 M1 Pro Unboxing And Price / Photos Of Google's Massive Data Centers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.