Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,648 members, 7,878,895 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 08:58 AM

What Are Some Of The Things You Realized As You Grow Older/mature? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Are Some Of The Things You Realized As You Grow Older/mature? (1812 Views)

As I grow Older....The Negative Impacts Of These Acts Starts Showing Up / Why Do Couples Look Alike As They Grow Older / WHEN Was The Moment You Realized That No One Gives A Fûck About You. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are Some Of The Things You Realized As You Grow Older/mature? by Nobody: 12:59am On Apr 29, 2020
Life has taught me to trust no one..
Re: What Are Some Of The Things You Realized As You Grow Older/mature? by adigun98(m): 1:14am On Apr 29, 2020
Never share your plans with no one,you don't know who's happy or sad you're progressing

1 Like

Re: What Are Some Of The Things You Realized As You Grow Older/mature? by Pelxmiye(m): 1:29am On Apr 29, 2020
Allaboutkatiee:

Dont fall in love.

And you're looking like you want to fall in love wink wink wink... he'll find you don't worry kiss kiss
Re: What Are Some Of The Things You Realized As You Grow Older/mature? by Pelxmiye(m): 1:31am On Apr 29, 2020
Benitam:
To leave your parents house once you're able to live independently and to start the dating game early...

Hmmmmm...seems I should come and learn about the dark arts of dating and loving undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: What Are Some Of The Things You Realized As You Grow Older/mature? by Pelxmiye(m): 1:38am On Apr 29, 2020
excel1960:
Love shouldn't be forced, let things flow naturally

financial stability is very important to a woman because of eventualities

My mom always advise me never to be with a woman who doesn't believe in little beginnings... she's a wealthy woman in her right...has her own house...an independent woman...but she supported my old man through thick and thin till their love burned out ..so my dear even men want financially independent women...both partners should strive to be independent...it would help in the future when things go wrong for either the man or woman...I understand that some men might mess up or have messed up...don't go into any union thinking of your own financial dependence on any man neither should any man..but loving is all about comprises and sacrifices.. however it shouldn't be manipulative...also love shouldn't be forced wink wink wink wink

1 Like

Re: What Are Some Of The Things You Realized As You Grow Older/mature? by Nobody: 2:01am On Apr 29, 2020
Rhuyie:

grin
Is it funny? Poor ladies are unappreciative and ungrateful , I really do not know why?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: What Are Some Of The Things You Realized As You Grow Older/mature? by Hugo55(m): 3:24am On Apr 29, 2020
1) That my happiness depends on me.

2) Simple things in life really matters.

3) That is good to have money.

2 Likes

Re: What Are Some Of The Things You Realized As You Grow Older/mature? by jagorinho: 5:32am On Apr 29, 2020
falcon01:
Few Things I learned while growing up
1. Most of the Things we where told as kids where nothing but Lies
2. Most of the Things taught In Religion are False
3. Hard work doesn't Guarantee success
4. Once you get some thing you worked for, it it loses value I.e you can't go through the effort and stress you went through the first time to get It again.
5. As An average Nigerian you will never have peace of mind Unless you become wealthy
6. Everything we do Revolves around money Without Money, theres no point in living
7. Life ain't no Fairy Tale once you are dead That's all
8. There is no Happy ever after (never)
9. No matter how Close you are with somebody they must feel jealous anytime you are one step above them
10. Luck Determines everything (hard work +luck=Success Been lazy+Luck=success)
11. We are smarter Than our parents
......for your no 9, you deserve an oil well in bakassi, even sometimes parents do get jealous of their children subconsciously.

1 Like

Re: What Are Some Of The Things You Realized As You Grow Older/mature? by Nobody: 5:36am On Apr 29, 2020
falcon01:
Few Things I learned while growing up
1. Most of the Things we where told as kids where nothing but Lies
2. Most of the Things taught In Religion are False
3. Hard work doesn't Guarantee success
4. Once you get some thing you worked for, it it loses value I.e you can't go through the effort and stress you went through the first time to get It again.
5. As An average Nigerian you will never have peace of mind Unless you become wealthy
6. Everything we do Revolves around money Without Money, theres no point in living
7. Life ain't no Fairy Tale once you are dead That's all
8. There is no Happy ever after (never)
9. No matter how Close you are with somebody they must feel jealous anytime you are one step above them
10. Luck Determines everything (hard work +luck=Success Been lazy+Luck=success)
11. We are smarter Than our parents
you said it all bro..I love you no homo
Re: What Are Some Of The Things You Realized As You Grow Older/mature? by jagorinho: 5:50am On Apr 29, 2020
1. spiritual controls the physical, someone that has a tight grip on his spiritual life is 70% on the right track.
2. There is God
3. most Nigerians are hypocrite , they tend to appear clean in public and unleash their animalistic tendencies in private but when they see someone bold enough to unleash same animalistic tendencies in public they go ballistic on such fellow.
4. Nigerians believe in hierarchy of sins, you will see a fornicator talking down a gambler because in his mind he believes gambling is worse than fornication.....that is even if he acknowledges that fornication is a sin.
5. Tribal loyalty in a third world country most times supersede national loyalty.
6 No matter how organized a society is, there is a level of poverty that must not be attained, if such happens then nothing will work again......we are almost there in this country
7.Good and bad are relative, they are not absolute, they are dependent on people and time.........corona virus has killed over 200000 worldwide but it has brought healing to the ozone layer, better air quality etc due to the economic shutdown of the world
8..........a thin line separate love and hate, high self esteem and pride, fear and respect, if you do not know when to cross the line you can easily switch seamlessly between those entities.
9. it is not a positive mentality to raise kids with the hope of relying on them for basic things and financial support at old age, find every way possible to be self sufficient financially to the day you take in your last oxygen.

3 Likes

Re: What Are Some Of The Things You Realized As You Grow Older/mature? by excel1960(f): 7:36am On Apr 29, 2020
Pelxmiye:

My mom always advise me never to be with a woman who doesn't believe in little beginnings... she's a wealthy woman in her right...has her own house...an independent woman...but she supported my old man through thick and thin till their love burned out ..so my dear even men want financially independent women...both partners should strive to be independent...it would help in the future when things go wrong for either the man or woman...I understand that some men might mess up or have messed up...don't go into any union thinking of your own financial dependence on any man neither should any man..but loving is all about comprises and sacrifices.. however it shouldn't be manipulative...also love shouldn't be forced wink wink wink wink
I meant a woman needs to be financially stable because of eventualities i.e she needs to carve a niche for herself,so she can be supportive to her partner.
Re: What Are Some Of The Things You Realized As You Grow Older/mature? by Sent4rina: 9:15am On Apr 29, 2020
I have learnt that;
1. This life is a mirage, the farther you look the less you see.
2. Your happiness is your sole responsibility. No-one can give you joy except you.
3. Live like today is the last day; death is imminent and around the corner, we just don't know when it will caught up with us.
4. We should pay attention to every details around us.
5. Do our best and hope for better tomorrow. It's not by hard work but opportunities with grace.
Re: What Are Some Of The Things You Realized As You Grow Older/mature? by xxxXXXxxx: 9:50am On Apr 29, 2020
No one knows all,make learning a habit.
Re: What Are Some Of The Things You Realized As You Grow Older/mature? by Kemblaze: 9:57am On Apr 29, 2020
To be frank its better to not give a Bleep about anything or anyone just do ur thing and remember that opportunity don`t come u have to make it come and be ready to grab it just lyk a great man once said

"if ur moment comes grab it cause opportunity comes once in a lifetime"

and
-dont forget to help wen u have
-dont make promises wen u are happy
-dont make a dicission wen sad

tanx
#KEMBLAZE
Re: What Are Some Of The Things You Realized As You Grow Older/mature? by GreatMage: 3:17am On May 03, 2020
1. In the presence of absolute power, all tricks and calculations are meaningless...

2. In the presence of death, all creation, plans and contemplative thoughts are useless...

3. In the presence of God, all are nothing but a speck of dust!

(1) (2) (Reply)

You Think Your Dick Is Short? Measure It With A Tie To See The True Length / How Much Have You Saved This Year / Yohoo Boy Was Caught Trying To Rape This Lady

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.