Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,556 members, 7,941,111 topics. Date: Thursday, 05 September 2024 at 05:35 PM

What Is Gov Peter Obi Up To? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is Gov Peter Obi Up To? (745 Views)

Stop Fighting Obiano, Monarch Tells Ex-gov Peter Obi / Photos: Is Gov. Ameachi The Funniest Governor Nigeria Had Ever Had? / Dora Akunyili & Gov. Peter Obi Are Hypocrites– Dr. Chris Ngige (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Gov Peter Obi Up To? by Ezennaemeka1(m): 6:21pm On Jan 09, 2011
When I was listening to view point on rythem Anambra state chapter yesterday 8.1.11. Lecturers invited were saying why they where on strike. But one striking thing one of them said was that Mr Peter Obi the governor of Anambra state ask them to use ibo as their official school language but they refused . What is the meaning of that? Does it mean that only igbos should attend the uni? Am an igbo guy but I think that is not good. What do you say?
Re: What Is Gov Peter Obi Up To? by Missy85(f): 7:12pm On Jan 09, 2011
i read in the papers weeks ago that ASUU walked out of a meeting with him 'cause he insisted the language of communication at the meeting must be Igbo, alternatively that non Igbo ASUU members excuse them!

Extraordinary, but nothing surprises in Nigeria any more.
Re: What Is Gov Peter Obi Up To? by Ezennaemeka1(m): 9:31pm On Jan 09, 2011
What has has happened to our official language? Speaking ibo is good but you don't force non igbos to learn it.
Re: What Is Gov Peter Obi Up To? by Ezennaemeka1(m): 9:31pm On Jan 09, 2011
What has has happened to our official language? Speaking ibo is good but you don't force non igbos to learn it.
Re: What Is Gov Peter Obi Up To? by Olaedo1: 9:37pm On Jan 09, 2011
Eze nnaemeka:

Your official language is IGBO. He's not forcing non-Igbo teachers to speak Igbo because obviously they can't just go back to school to learn it,they are too old to do so. When your language start to go extinct then you will start complaining.Igbo always curse themselves. Here the guy is trying to promote your culture and keep it alive and you a-holes are shouting him down.Next thing you all will start complaining about the yorubas and how they have their own movies and tv station,speaking their language only and how igbos need to do the same thing. angry
Re: What Is Gov Peter Obi Up To? by jason123: 9:41pm On Jan 09, 2011
Ola edo:

Your official language is IGBO. He's not forcing non-Igbo teachers to speak Igbo because obviously they can't just go back to school to learn it,they are too old to do so. When your language start to go extinct then you will start complaining.Igbo always curse themselves. Here the guy is trying to promote your culture and keep it alive and you a-holes are shouting him down.Next thing you all will start complaining about the yorubas and how they have their own movies and tv station,speaking their language only and how igbos need to do the same thing. angry

Wetin you dey yarn? So you support a lecture in a university to be conducted in igbo language when other regions do not do the same? What is wrong with you?
Re: What Is Gov Peter Obi Up To? by jason123: 9:41pm On Jan 09, 2011
Eze nnaemeka:

When I was listening to view point on rythem Anambra state chapter yesterday 8.1.11. Lecturers invited were saying why they where on strike. But one striking thing one of them said was that Mr Peter Obi the governor of Anambra state ask them to use ibo as their official school language but they refused . What is the meaning of that? Does it mean that only igbos should attend the uni? Am an igbo guy but I think that is not good. What do you say?

Its bad for the unity of nigeria and the education of our students.
Re: What Is Gov Peter Obi Up To? by naijaking1: 9:46pm On Jan 09, 2011
jason123:

Its bad for the [size=18pt]unity[/size] of nigeria and the education of our students.

What unity
Re: What Is Gov Peter Obi Up To? by jason123: 9:48pm On Jan 09, 2011
naijaking1:

What unity
grin grin
My bro, sorry, you are right. I should not have mentioned unity.
Re: What Is Gov Peter Obi Up To? by Olaedo1: 9:49pm On Jan 09, 2011
jason123:

Wetin you dey yarn? So you support a lecture in a university to be conducted in igbo language when other regions do not do the same? What is wrong with you?

If it were to be about yorubas doing it you would have no problem would you?No. what does other regions have to do with how one region does things? weren't you the same one yesterday saying that an igbos should keep the way they do things in their societies for themselves and not bring it to any other part because yorubas hjave their own system of governing?Now you are going against your beliefs? Stick to one thing please and stop showing your fear of Igbos.
Re: What Is Gov Peter Obi Up To? by damola1: 9:53pm On Jan 09, 2011
so, if they use igbo to communicate, after skool nko?, start using igbo in the office, where, berra be their hometown, speak igbo to customer or colleague you'll be kicked off.
Re: What Is Gov Peter Obi Up To? by jason123: 9:54pm On Jan 09, 2011
Ola edo:

If it were to be about yorubas doing it you would have no problem would you?No. what does other regions have to do with how one region does things? weren't you the same one yesterday saying that an igbos should keep the way they do things in their societies for themselves and not bring it to any other part because yorubas hjave their own system of governing?Now you are going against your beliefs? Stick to one thing please and stop showing your fear of Igbos.

Have yorubas ever done it? If they did, how do you know that I would say its cool?

Politics and education are totally different things.

I do not have any fear of igbos. I was even defending igbos against fstranger.

BTW, did the strike affect the country or igbo sons?
Re: What Is Gov Peter Obi Up To? by jason123: 9:56pm On Jan 09, 2011
Ola edo:

PLS, do not think I am against the igbo language but in schools where there would be other ethnic groups in? NO!!
Re: What Is Gov Peter Obi Up To? by Olaedo1: 10:01pm On Jan 09, 2011
jason123:

Have yorubas ever done it? If they did, how do you know that I would say its cool?

Politics and education are totally different things.

I do not have any fear of igbos. I was even defending igbos against fstranger.

BTW, did the strike affect the country or igbo sons?

There where strikes all over the country.In the SW and SS. Google it. the ones that made headlines boldly were the SE,why? I don't know. You fear Igbos. Do Igbos need to wait for yorubas to do things before they do it? Use your head. Everything with you is yoruba,yoruba,yoruba and you are not even yoruba!There is nothing wrong with how they decide to govern themselves.
Re: What Is Gov Peter Obi Up To? by jason123: 10:04pm On Jan 09, 2011
Ola edo:

There where strikes all over the country.In the SW and SS. Google it. the ones that made headlines boldly were the SE,why? I don't know. You fear Igbos. Do Igbos need to wait for yorubas to do things before they do it? Use your head. Everything with you is yoruba,yoruba,yoruba and you are not even yoruba!There is nothing wrong with how they decide to govern themselves.

Okay, its cool. No need to get angry. That was just my opinion. Goodluck! wink

(1) (Reply)

Buhari-bakare Ticket, A Masterstroke — Marwa / Nigeria 2011: Is General Buhari The "messiah?" / Buhari Again Steals Show At Yuguda's Rally

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.