Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,989 members, 7,873,183 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 09:27 AM

Why Is The Truth Now Seen As Hate Speech? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Is The Truth Now Seen As Hate Speech? (673 Views)

Atiku Now In GCE Mess, While Tinubu Got His From Oluwole. Truth Now Is... / El-Rufai’s Email Saying Southern Women Youth Corpers Are Seen As Whores - Reno / Nnamdi Kanu Is A Prophet, A Man Of Truth, Now I Believe - Bishop Kukah; 2023 Oha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is The Truth Now Seen As Hate Speech? by Nobody: 12:17pm On Apr 29, 2020
Why are people now calling the truth and fact as hate? Why do people like been politically correct and sugar coating words?..

Fulani and northern Nigeria are problem with their terrorists activities and poverty.. that's fact..

Igbos abroad are tarnishing nigeria names with drug pushing no wonder most African countries hate nigeria, that's fact.

Yorubas are spoiling our image with cyber crimes and skull mining ritualistic behavior, that's fact.

Ijaws are too lazy even in their own state and depend much on oil. That's fact

Edo mostly benins are all over Europe doing ashawo business, that's fact.

South south mostly non igboid don't like igbos and don't want Biafra with them, that's fact.

South south and south east don't like islam and northerners, that's fact..

The only way to progress is to address these issues and fix it

We prefer to claim ignorance and shout hate speech when the truth is thrown at us
Re: Why Is The Truth Now Seen As Hate Speech? by Nobody: 12:28pm On Apr 29, 2020
But even this your criticism is political correct. You shared it all round to avoid being called a tribalist. "If I am tribalistic to everyone then I am not a tribalist"

And you left religion out of it. Smart move.
Re: Why Is The Truth Now Seen As Hate Speech? by budaatum: 12:28pm On Apr 29, 2020
Your generalisations are not "truth and fact". They are hate speech made out of ignorance.

Not all members of the groups you mentioned do the things you accuse them of.

1 Like

Re: Why Is The Truth Now Seen As Hate Speech? by Nobody: 12:31pm On Apr 29, 2020
Tadeknkeepcalm:
But even this your criticism is political correctness. You shared it all round to avoid being called a tribalist. "If I am tribalistic to everyone then I am not a tribalist"

And you left religion out of it. Smart move.
I don't want them to start accusing me of tribalism and this and that.. I'm from one of those tribes I mention and I know our stereotype which are somehow true
Re: Why Is The Truth Now Seen As Hate Speech? by Nobody: 12:32pm On Apr 29, 2020
budaatum:
Your generalisations are not "truth and fact". They are hate speech made out of ignorance.

Not all members of the groups you mentioned do the things you accuse them of.
not all but that's what they are known for and it needs to stop..

We can't just be shouting hate speech without admitting it's the truth first
Re: Why Is The Truth Now Seen As Hate Speech? by budaatum: 12:35pm On Apr 29, 2020
Igbosmoker:
not all but that's what they are known for and it needs to stop..

We can't just be shouting hate speech without admitting it's the truth first
It is not the truth! And it is hate speech and ignorant. Not all your own tribe people fit into the stereotype of your tribe, or you would be here behaving stereotypically.

But if I happen to be wrong, do please correct me. State the stereotype of your tribe and tell if it describes you.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is The Truth Now Seen As Hate Speech? by Nobody: 12:40pm On Apr 29, 2020
Igbosmoker:
I don't want them to start accusing me of tribalism and this and that.. I'm from one of those tribes I mention and I know our stereotype which are somehow true
Obviously.
Re: Why Is The Truth Now Seen As Hate Speech? by Melezenawii: 12:42pm On Apr 29, 2020
Op , even your moniker is intentional and derogatory.

Why will you judge a particular tribe with action of 1% in collaboration with 1% from other tribes

1 Like

Re: Why Is The Truth Now Seen As Hate Speech? by PDJT: 12:43pm On Apr 29, 2020
Hmm. Op, stop being a collectivist - it kills. Ask Germans.

Please let every individual bear his/her burden not the groups they belong to. It’s naive and dangerous to label a whole group by what individuals within their groups have done.

I have said my own, as a devoted Christian.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is The Truth Now Seen As Hate Speech? by IGBOSON1: 1:19pm On Apr 29, 2020
I can see the point the OP is trying to make, but he went of tangent by generalising and tarring entire ethnicities with the same brush!

Nigerians know the truth....the truth is a stark and sometimes painful reality, hence if you want to say it as it is and point out their hypocrisy and two-faced nature, they immediately take offence and scream ‘hate speech’! That some telling you the truth about Nigeria may come across as brash, rude and offensive is just a reflection of how debased the country has become, and a pointer to the fact that flowery talk, legality and being diplomatic has not gotten us anywhere in 50+ years of trying!

1 Like

Re: Why Is The Truth Now Seen As Hate Speech? by MyopicMods: 1:42pm On Apr 29, 2020
Igbosmoker:
Why are people now calling the truth and fact as hate? Why do people like been politically correct and sugar coating words?..

Fulani and northern Nigeria are problem with their terrorists activities and poverty.. that's fact..

Igbos abroad are tarnishing nigeria names with drug pushing no wonder most African countries hate nigeria, that's fact.

Yorubas are spoiling our image with cyber crimes and skull mining ritualistic behavior, that's fact.

Ijaws are too lazy even in their own state and depend much on oil. That's fact

Edo mostly benins are all over Europe doing ashawo business, that's fact.

South south mostly non igboid don't like igbos and don't want Biafra with them, that's fact.

South south and south east don't like islam and northerners, that's fact..

The only way to progress is to address these issues and fix it

We prefer to claim ignorance and shout hate speech when the truth is thrown at us

If Edos are in Europe doing ashawo business. Nobody is responsible for that .,

That a Benin doesn't like Igbo does that translate to south south.

Checked your profile though. Most of you guys in Edo state are essentially myopic. You don't like an Igbo man transcends to south south.

How many south south likes a benin. When I did my service though o won't mention tribes even people from the so called SS bad month and avoid binis.

Don't use your rejection in real life as generalisation.

Finally on biafra issue, who added Edo state to biafra?

Never in history did we hear that Edo was directly or indirectly part of biafra.

Even today they are not and tomorrow they will still not be part of it. It is a taboo.

Your write up is really childish to say but the rest. Shouting SS even more than the people rightly positioned in the south itself.

1 Like

Re: Why Is The Truth Now Seen As Hate Speech? by Nobody: 1:48pm On Apr 29, 2020
MyopicMods:

If Edos are in Europe doing ashawo business. Nobody is responsible for that .,

That a Benin doesn't like Igbo does that translate to south south.

Checked your profile though. Most of you guys in Edo state are essentially myopic. You don't like an Igbo man transcends to south south.

How many south south likes a benin. When I did my service though o won't mention tribes even people from the so called SS bad month and avoid binis.

Don't use your rejection in real life as generalisation.

Finally on biafra issue, who added Edo state to biafra?

Never in history did we hear that Edo was directly or indirectly part of biafra.

Even today they are not and tomorrow they will still not be part of it. It is a taboo.

Your write up is really childish to say but the rest. Shouting SS even more than the people rightly positioned in the south itself.
this is exactly why I'm talking about.. you want people to sweet talk you and sugar coat things..

Even on this platform you've seen ijaw, urhobo and those akwa cross people denying Biafra and insult igbos then you tag them afonja because you don't want to face reality..

I can bring tons of articles on south South highest leaders and group condemning Biafra, you'll tag them fulani slaves..

Abeg just just up.. no matter what the truth will stare at you in the face, wonder why whites men are far progressive than us? Because they face realities.

I know you went through my profile searching for if I added my ethnic group to it, disappointed I did, you resort to this SMH
Re: Why Is The Truth Now Seen As Hate Speech? by Nobody: 1:50pm On Apr 29, 2020
IGBOSON1:
I can see the point the OP is trying to make, but he went of tangent by generalising and tarring entire ethnicities with the same brush!

Nigerians know the truth....the truth is a stark and sometimes painful reality, hence if you want to say it as it is and point out their hypocrisy and two-faced nature, they immediately take offence and scream ‘hate speech’! That some telling you the truth about Nigeria may come across as brash, rude and offensive is just a reflection of how debased the country has become, and a pointer to the fact that flowery talk, legality and being diplomatic has not gotten us anywhere in 50+ years of trying!
thank you.. I'm just listing what these ethnic groups are known for.

I laugh when Western scientist estimate the death and poverty in Nigeria and Africa as a whole then nigerians will start insulting and condemning them, then start praying for those things not that happen
Re: Why Is The Truth Now Seen As Hate Speech? by slimfit1(m): 1:50pm On Apr 29, 2020
No Comments
Re: Why Is The Truth Now Seen As Hate Speech? by Nobody: 1:51pm On Apr 29, 2020
Melezenawii:
Op , even your moniker is intentional and derogatory.

Why will you judge a particular tribe with action of 1% in collaboration with 1% from other tribes
nope not intentional..

Igbosmoker=weedsmoker
Re: Why Is The Truth Now Seen As Hate Speech? by MyopicMods: 2:00pm On Apr 29, 2020
Igbosmoker:
this is exactly why I'm talking about.. you want people to sweet talk you and sugar coat things..

Even on this platform you've seen ijaw, urhobo and those akwa cross people denying Biafra and insult igbos then you tag them afonja because you don't want to face reality..

I can bring tons of articles on south South highest leaders and group condemning Biafra, you'll tag them fulani slaves..

Abeg just just up.. no matter what the truth will stare at you in the face, wonder why whites men are far progressive than us? Because they face realities.

I know you went through my profile searching for if I added my ethnic group to it, disappointed I did, you resort to this SMH

That binis hate Igbos doesn't transcend that others do.

What is the distance in kilometers from Benin to Akwa-Ibom you are fighting for in this SS?

What is the distance from Abia state to Akwa-Ibom state?

What is the distance from Benin to Ogoja?

What is the distance from Ebonyi to Ogoja?
Answer me?

What is the distance of benue to Enugu, Ebonyi and cross river?

What is the distance of Bini to Benue....SS man?

What is the distance from Bini to Rivers?

What is the distance from Imo and Abia to Rivers?

Though I am subjugating you but you are too far from reality. Basic skills of writing is what you lacked?

The stretch of what you wrote shows you just living in shadows of what you are yet to understand.
Re: Why Is The Truth Now Seen As Hate Speech? by Nobody: 2:16pm On Apr 29, 2020
MyopicMods:

That binis hate Igbos doesn't transcend that others do.

What is the distance in kilometers from Benin to Akwa-Ibom you are fighting for in this SS?

What is the distance from Abia state to Akwa-Ibom state?

What is the distance from Benin to Ogoja?

What is the distance from Ebonyi to Ogoja?
Answer me?

What is the distance of benue to Enugu, Ebonyi and cross river?

What is the distance of Bini to Benue....SS man?

What is the distance from Bini to Rivers?

What is the distance from Imo and Abia to Rivers?

Though I am subjugating you but you are too far from reality. Basic skills of writing is what you lacked?

The stretch of what you wrote shows you just living in shadows of what you are yet to understand.

you've totally change the subject of the discussion but I will entertain you..

Benins don't hate igbos where did you hear that?? We have never insulted you guys through the media and we don't come to your place and harass you and we are happy if you guys can have Biafra.. I don't know where you get that benins hate igbos,igbos holds political positions and are many here in Benin without any disturbance unlike north that threaten to throw them out and yorubas king that threaten to put them in lagoon.

Secondly like many of us we don't subscribed to niger Delta and south south nonsense since we know it's political nonsense. If you know our history you'll understand we don't follow under ethnic groups or beg for unity, an average Benin person will reject oduduwa republic same with Biafra so no issue in that..

Thirdly I say south south mostly non igboid groups don't like the idea of Biafra and I didn't just say that out of thin air..

You can just Google any tribe in South south and add reject Biafra to it an you'll see it.. I didn't say that because I hate igbo but because it's the truth many igbos aren't going to admit because it hurts..

That's the point of the thread
Re: Why Is The Truth Now Seen As Hate Speech? by budaatum: 2:23pm On Apr 29, 2020
Igbosmoker:
thank you.. I'm just listing what these ethnic groups are known for.
Perhaps get to know the ethnic groups yourself instead of listing what lazy ignorant people know these ethnic groups for and not what they actually are!
Re: Why Is The Truth Now Seen As Hate Speech? by Nobody: 2:28pm On Apr 29, 2020
budaatum:

Perhaps get to know the ethnic groups yourself instead of listing what lazy ignorant people know these ethnic groups for and not what they actually are!

majority of skull mining news and cyber fraud are from which tribe??

Those nigerian ashawo in Italy and other European countries are from which tribe?

When you hear another nigerian drug dealer arrest or executed in Malaysia, south Africa or china which tribe first comes to your mind?

When you hear Boko Haram is attacking or herdsmen have killed again which tribe you think of??

These are the issue I'm speaking about
Re: Why Is The Truth Now Seen As Hate Speech? by MyopicMods: 2:30pm On Apr 29, 2020
Igbosmoker:
you've totally change the subject of the discussion but I will entertain you..

Benins don't hate igbos where did you hear that?? We have never insulted you guys through the media and we don't come to your place and harass you and we are happy if you guys can have Biafra.. I don't know where you get that benins hate igbos,igbos holds political positions and are many here in Benin without any disturbance unlike north that threaten to throw them out and yorubas king that threaten to put them in lagoon.

Secondly like many of us we don't subscribed to niger Delta and south south nonsense since we know it's political nonsense. If you know our history you'll understand we don't follow under ethnic groups or beg for unity, an average Benin person will reject oduduwa republic same with Biafra so no issue in that..

Thirdly I say south south mostly non igboid groups don't like the idea of Biafra and I didn't just say that out of thin air..

You can just Google any tribe in South south and add reject Biafra to it an you'll see it.. I didn't say that because I hate igbo but because it's the truth many igbos aren't going to admit because it hurts..

That's the point of the thread

Well at this point I will call it a quit. Others may take over from here but you need to really tell us what you want and not beating around the bush.

What is it that you really want in the Nigeria.

Be specific anyway.
Re: Why Is The Truth Now Seen As Hate Speech? by Nobody: 2:39pm On Apr 29, 2020
MyopicMods:

Well at this point I will call it a quit. Others may take over from here but you need to really tell us what you want and not beating around the bush.

What is it that you really want in the Nigeria.

Be specific anyway.
when we say fulani herdsmen should leave because they ate causing havoc in our region, the northerners will start protesting and calling it hate speech..

People can't speak out against igbos and Yoruba including Benin crime culture abroad without any of them shouting tribalism and hate speech.

They even tried signing hate speech and social media bill.. I'm just tired of the political correctness that will lead us nowhere.

Instead of us to face realities we continue to lie and decieve ourselves
Re: Why Is The Truth Now Seen As Hate Speech? by budaatum: 2:39pm On Apr 29, 2020
If you bothered to do your research you'd know the first two you mentioned are from just about any tribe, and just a tiny bit of intelligence would make you expect boko haram to be northerners, though, not one tribe. You would not after all expect many Yorubas in Ipob.

Igbosmoker:
majority of skull mining news and cyber fraud are from which tribe??

Those nigerian ashawo in Italy and other European countries are from which tribe?

When you hear another nigerian drug dealer arrest or executed in Malaysia, south Africa or china which tribe first comes to your mind?

When you hear Boko Haram is attacking or herdsmen have killed again which tribe you think of??

These are the issue I'm speaking about

(1) (Reply)

"I Have Informants In Aso Rock" - Reno Omokri / Dr Ramon Adedoyin Celebrate With Oluwo Of Iwo@53 / Ondo Elections: Gov Akeredolu Replies Oke On Offer To Step Down

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.