Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,769 members, 7,889,473 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 01:06 PM

Houses Razed As Jos Violence Spreads - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Houses Razed As Jos Violence Spreads (2719 Views)

Many Dead, 50 Houses Razed As Boko Haram Invades Adamawa Communities / 2015 Elections: Violence Spreads / Six Family Members Killed In Renewed Jos Violence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Houses Razed As Jos Violence Spreads by Nsiman(m): 6:27am On Jan 10, 2011
We need state of emergency in plataeu state,
Re: Houses Razed As Jos Violence Spreads by wilywily9: 10:31am On Jan 10, 2011
jason123:

Although, there is wisdom in neutrality. I do not know why yorubas are always playing the neutral party even if they are being killed undecided
It is because Yorubas are Cowards/Chameleons.
Yorubas are afraid of Hausa/Fulani, mere sighting of a Fulani/Hausa in Jos, Yorubamen are ready to win gold in 100m, even Usain Bolt will never match their speed.
Re: Houses Razed As Jos Violence Spreads by mafolayomi(f): 11:00am On Jan 10, 2011
wily:wily:

Yorubas are afraid of Hausa/Fulani, mere sighting of a Fulani/Hausa in Jos, Yorubamen are ready to win gold in 100m, even Usain Bolt will never match their speed.

grin grin grin. do you resides in Jos?, cos u sounded sooooo sure of what u typed up dere.and u dat u ar brave, why not go there and fight for everybody to really prove yr braveness. shio
Re: Houses Razed As Jos Violence Spreads by kpofkpof: 11:38am On Jan 10, 2011
I'd love to correct a wrong impression here. Yes they burnt luxurious bus, infact two luxury buses were torched. But the people were able to escape with lots of matchets wounds. I reside in jos, and i can tell you guys that it aint funny here at all.
Re: Houses Razed As Jos Violence Spreads by Abagworo(m): 11:59am On Jan 10, 2011
wily:wily:

You sound like a comedian or seriously a xenophobic.The reason less Yorubas fall victim is because they are multi-religious.Every Igbo is a Christian while Yorubas are almost divided equally between Islam and Christianity.
Re: Houses Razed As Jos Violence Spreads by Missy85(f): 12:27pm On Jan 10, 2011
we know revenge-attacks may happen elsewhere in the country, but for supposedly enlightened & educated people to advocate & call for it the way some have here, is surprising.

I certainly hope no Yoruba person in the south west sets off a meaningless reprisal attack.

That said, 'pay-back' attacks have tended in the past to fastforward some kind of temporary halt to the original fighting.

Still, I cant bring myself to advocate reprisals.
Re: Houses Razed As Jos Violence Spreads by sochan: 1:02pm On Jan 10, 2011
Terrible. Not sure why the GEJ governement has not been able to arrest this situation. GEJ is really turning out to be an absolute failure. The country is so unsafe. From Bombing to such senseless violence to massive election rigging. What has he been doing for the last 10months?
Re: Houses Razed As Jos Violence Spreads by Missy85(f): 1:12pm On Jan 10, 2011
I wont be surprised if the recent bombings, and renewed violence have some political sponsorships.

Whichever way, they are a political trap for Jonathan. If you support him, you will understand why he cant go in all guns blazing, until after th elections.

To do that now will be polical suicide.

Unfortunately the country is now a political pawn in the hands of Jonanthan on one hand & his northern adversaries on the other.

The common man will be the greater loser.
Re: Houses Razed As Jos Violence Spreads by sochan: 1:37pm On Jan 10, 2011
So to save his political skin, he would rather the country burn? eletcion loosing formula in my view
Re: Houses Razed As Jos Violence Spreads by KnowAll(m): 1:50pm On Jan 10, 2011
Brother, unfortunately they were

[size=18pt]the people cannot be touched and our goverment is looking. this is serious if they were torched.[/size] embarassed undecided
Re: Houses Razed As Jos Violence Spreads by excanny: 2:16pm On Jan 10, 2011
Abagworo:

You sound like a comedian or seriously a xenophobic.[b]The reason less Yorubas fall victim is because they are multi-religious.[/b]Every Igbo is a Christian while Yorubas are almost divided equally between Islam and Christianity.

That's not true. Yorubas usually dont asked questions when their folks are murdered. They prefer to let it slide. On the other hand, Igbos are more vociferous, and most cases where they are attacked it's always in the news.

Anyway, it's only an insane person that will be in a glee over an innocent life that is lost.
Re: Houses Razed As Jos Violence Spreads by darqly(m): 2:33pm On Jan 10, 2011
Jonah Jang should resign for excess crass stupidity and ineptitude. The citizens of Plateau should sue the useless FG for failing in its basic duty of security, just how long can people continue to live in fear? In our OWN nation too. And as for the dull hausa muslims that have imported mercenaries to do their pillaging and killing, the day of reckoning is near!
Re: Houses Razed As Jos Violence Spreads by Mobinga: 2:56pm On Jan 10, 2011
What is Jonathan doing? cry Shame
Re: Houses Razed As Jos Violence Spreads by Nsiman(m): 3:14pm On Jan 10, 2011
@ missy85, exactly, it may have political under tone,
Re: Houses Razed As Jos Violence Spreads by Nsiman(m): 3:22pm On Jan 10, 2011
@ darqly, u are funny, those committing the havoc there, are they aliens? They are plataeu citizens and a such they knw those doing the act but only fails to report them. Tho my highest blame is on the law enforcement agencies that i think are compromising, they shld arrest whoever matters in the affected areas, the truth will come out clean.
Re: Houses Razed As Jos Violence Spreads by binhozie(m): 4:58pm On Jan 10, 2011
Saw this pic on twitter from yesterdays violence
These are corpses in a hospital in jakwano **spelling**

Re: Houses Razed As Jos Violence Spreads by Olaedo1: 7:17pm On Jan 11, 2011
Just got an update from jos. The actual number of people that have been killed up until now is the violence reisurfaced is actually about 150. Also Christians have been retaliating but the military has been aiding the muslims and have been arresting innocent christians that were not even involved in the repraisal attacks.
Re: Houses Razed As Jos Violence Spreads by Akhenaten: 7:23pm On Jan 11, 2011
There will be reprisal attacks in Onitsha and Aba. I can assure everyone of this. The Igbos in these cities are just blood thirsty. This is about to get ugly real quick.
Re: Houses Razed As Jos Violence Spreads by Afam4eva(m): 7:26pm On Jan 11, 2011
What's all this madness. Why is government not doing anything about it. Government should on sight anybody that is seen causing trouble. And why is the military aiding the muslims.
Re: Houses Razed As Jos Violence Spreads by jason123: 7:28pm On Jan 11, 2011
Akhenaten:

There will be reprisal attacks in Onitsha and Aba. I can assure everyone of this. The Igbos in these cities are just blood thirsty. This is about to get ugly real quick.

That would be unnecessary undecided
Re: Houses Razed As Jos Violence Spreads by jason123: 7:29pm On Jan 11, 2011
afam4eva:

What's all this madness. Why is government not doing anything about it. Government should on sight anybody that is seen causing trouble. And why is the military aiding the muslims.

Its a common knowledge that the military (infantry) is hausa dominated undecided.
Re: Houses Razed As Jos Violence Spreads by aljharem11(m): 7:31pm On Jan 11, 2011
Akhenaten:

why
Re: Houses Razed As Jos Violence Spreads by Akhenaten: 7:31pm On Jan 11, 2011
jason123:

It would be unnecessary, but it occurs. This wont be the first time it has happened that Igbos have targeted Northerns living in Igboland. The Hausa in Abia are living in fear right now. And Onitsha is just a wild city in my opinion. People should too what happened in 2006.
Re: Houses Razed As Jos Violence Spreads by ekubear1: 7:32pm On Jan 11, 2011
jason123:

Its a common knowledge that the military (infantry) is hausa dominated undecided.
undecided

Things make more sense now. I suspect that without military interference the Berom could kick the Hausa's @ss there. But since the Hausa have a big brother to protect them. . .

Pretty unfortunate.
Re: Houses Razed As Jos Violence Spreads by jason123: 7:35pm On Jan 11, 2011
eku_bear:

undecided

Things make more sense now. I suspect that without military interference the Berom could kick the Hausa's @ss there. But since the Hausa have a big brother to protect them. . .

Pretty unfortunate.

That is the genesis and revelation of the matter!
Re: Houses Razed As Jos Violence Spreads by aljharem11(m): 7:36pm On Jan 11, 2011
Akhenaten:

It would be unnecessary, but it occurs. This wont be the first time it has happened that Igbos have targeted Northerns living in Igboland. The Hausa in Abia are living in fear right now. And Onitsha is just a wild city in my opinion. People should too what happened in 2006.

and you talk as if you are proud of it angry angry angry angry a barbaric act that should be condemned angry angry
Re: Houses Razed As Jos Violence Spreads by ekubear1: 7:39pm On Jan 11, 2011
alj harem1:

and you talk as if you are proud of it angry angry angry angry a barbaric act that should be condemned angry angry

Sometimes barbaric acts are necessary. Sad, but true.
Re: Houses Razed As Jos Violence Spreads by ekubear1: 7:41pm On Jan 11, 2011
To what extent do these affected groups (Berom, Igbo, other southerners) work together in Jos? Do they already have an alliance in place?
Re: Houses Razed As Jos Violence Spreads by Olaedo1: 7:41pm On Jan 11, 2011
jason123:

Yea but its definitely going to happen. I suspect it will happen in Owerri also and the igbo part of delta state because from onitsha it will spread to there as well.
Re: Houses Razed As Jos Violence Spreads by Akhenaten: 7:42pm On Jan 11, 2011
alj harem1:

I am not proud of people getting killed. This is the spilling of African blood. I do not subscribe to black on black violence. However, I do believe in an eye for an eye. And like someone said previously, violence is sometimes necessary.
Re: Houses Razed As Jos Violence Spreads by aljharem11(m): 7:43pm On Jan 11, 2011
Akhenaten:

I am not proud of people getting killed. This is the spilling of African blood. I do not subscribe to black on black violence. However, I do believe in an eye for an eye.

sorry but are u a Christian
Re: Houses Razed As Jos Violence Spreads by Akhenaten: 7:45pm On Jan 11, 2011
alj harem1:

sorry but are u a Christian

Yes, I am a Roman Catholic. However, I do follow some of the tenets of the religion my ancestors followed.

And the laws of my clan state, that when a clan member is killed by another group, we must avenge that death and take the blood of another. Blood for blood. This is the law of the land. Sad but true.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Hmmm: Wizkid Caught Smoking Weed! / Top 10 Countries With The Highest Crime Rate In 2014 / Bugaje Says Nigeria’s Crude Oil Belongs To The North

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.