Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,759 members, 7,875,918 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 01:48 AM

Tecno And Infinix Are Cheap And Affordable Phones (demystifying The Myth) - Phones (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Tecno And Infinix Are Cheap And Affordable Phones (demystifying The Myth) (15318 Views)

So Tecno And Infinix Are Meant For Africans / Twitter User Mocks Tecno And Itel Phones, Gets Savage Reply / Which Has A Better Camera Quality In Terms Of Pictures Between Tecno And Infinix (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tecno And Infinix Are Cheap And Affordable Phones (demystifying The Myth) by BoluwajiPieters: 8:42pm On May 01, 2020
LOL...

For a 95k phone, you'd at the very least expect a processor of SD 700+ series (or its equivalent) and above, a FHD+ screen, USB type C port, Corning gorilla glass 5, good software support, a 5000mAh battery...

Anything below that is pure exploitation.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tecno And Infinix Are Cheap And Affordable Phones (demystifying The Myth) by edoairways: 8:44pm On May 01, 2020
BoluwajiPieters:

Tecno is doing phones worth 35k. Nokia is doing the same thing. Samsung is doing the same thing. Xiaomi is doing the same thing. What's the fuss about? What the OP is saying is that, when you compare a Tecno's 35k phone to that of Samsung, Xiaomi and Nokia, Specifications-wise, Tecno is at the bottom of the competition! That's the point!

If you can't see that, then I'm sorry there's no "research" that can remove your sentiments..It's that simple..
But they still sell. Why hasn't these aforementioned phones have high sales all these while? Why is nokia still have difficulty in returning to it's past glory till date? You think the users of tecno didn't consider other factors before switching to tecno or you think it is mere price that attract them.
Re: Tecno And Infinix Are Cheap And Affordable Phones (demystifying The Myth) by Buzx: 8:48pm On May 01, 2020
atheistandproud:

You're spot on sir!

Thanks. Lovely article!
Re: Tecno And Infinix Are Cheap And Affordable Phones (demystifying The Myth) by Abiodunspectre(m): 8:49pm On May 01, 2020
ZesusHVWritter:

No need to bother yourself, we THE STANDARD ORGANIZATION OF NAIRALAND have decided to take matters into our holy hands. Image below is the number of views that tweet has had, the engagements it has received. Which rules out the point that Tecno hasn't seen it. But they can't deny the evidence swimming in that thread and more are still flooding in.
Which means Nigerians are well aware of what Tecno Camon 15series is all about. Which in simple sentence translates as "RUBBISH".

So let's see how many gullible Nigerians Tecno will scoop this time, shall we?

Looool
Twitter impressions ���
Re: Tecno And Infinix Are Cheap And Affordable Phones (demystifying The Myth) by Edopesin: 8:53pm On May 01, 2020
Obviously these guys are only feigning ignorance and there is no way anyone will tell me he or she doesn't understand the point of the post

Tecno is only cheap to people that don't have idea on market value of the amount they're paying for that product or are the tech illiterates who don't make research and only wait for the next transsion so called flagship with their so called flagship specs not knowing the amount they paid for the CHEAP Tecno can get them Transsion flagship in a different brand

4 Likes

Re: Tecno And Infinix Are Cheap And Affordable Phones (demystifying The Myth) by BoluwajiPieters: 8:55pm On May 01, 2020
edoairways:

But they still sell. Why hasn't these aforementioned phones have high sales all these while? Why is nokia still have difficulty in returning to it's past glory till date? You think the users of tecno didn't consider other factors before switching to tecno or you think it is mere price that attract them.

They sell because of ignorance. Even the Bible stated somewhere in its sophia-sticated books that my people suffer because of the lack of knowledge. One very great man is trying to impart that much-needed knowledge in a bid to stimulate Tecno to either reduce the prices of their "cheap phones" or improve on specifications however, another flying-on-broom man enjoys this lack of knowledge and the suffering that comes with it.

Life is for the wise, and those with knowledge.

They're selling because people have come to recognise them as a household name due to the messy and below-par standard of the good world of technology in Africa. Ask yourself, in saner climes where scrutiny is done on phones and accessories, how's Tecno and co faring there? Just how?! Tecno is banking on the fact that we are backwards both mentally and technologically that they keep dumping overpriced substandard products on us and we smile like sheep while glorifying it. Open your eyes!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tecno And Infinix Are Cheap And Affordable Phones (demystifying The Myth) by Edopesin: 8:59pm On May 01, 2020
edoairways:

Because people's eyes have not been open to the daylight scam which is what we're trying to change,

I don't think somebody in his or her right mind would buy a phone for a ridiculously high price when there are other options for lower the price and better, way better specs

5 Likes

Re: Tecno And Infinix Are Cheap And Affordable Phones (demystifying The Myth) by ZesusHVWritter(m): 9:02pm On May 01, 2020
edoairways:

Aside low income earners which other do we have figure that out
We have high income earners. So the camon 15 of 95k is targeting the high income earners?
Re: Tecno And Infinix Are Cheap And Affordable Phones (demystifying The Myth) by edoairways: 9:04pm On May 01, 2020
Edopesin:

Because people's eyes have not been open to the daylight scam which is what we're trying to change,

I don't somebody in his or her right mind would buy a phone for a ridiculously high price when they're are other options for lower the price and better way better specs
It is called choice. Perhaps other brands are doing well to push their brand to Nigeria market
Re: Tecno And Infinix Are Cheap And Affordable Phones (demystifying The Myth) by masterfactor(m): 9:06pm On May 01, 2020
edoairways:

Does N95,000 looks affordable to low income earners ? This particular phone isn't targeted at them rather other class of citizens
I am not talking about which class of consumers they target the phone for, rather I am saying phone with such specification should not cost up to that...
Re: Tecno And Infinix Are Cheap And Affordable Phones (demystifying The Myth) by edoairways: 9:07pm On May 01, 2020
BoluwajiPieters:

They sell because of ignorance. Even the Bible stated somewhere in its sophia-sticated books that my people suffer because of the lack of knowledge. One very great man is trying to impart that much-needed knowledge in a bid to stimulate Tecno to either reduce the prices of their "cheap phones" or improve on specifications however, another flying-on-broom man enjoys this lack of knowledge and the suffering that comes with it.

They're selling because people have come to recognise them as a household name due to the messy and below-par standard of the good world of technology in Africa. Ask yourself, in saner climes where scrutiny is done on phones and accessories, how's Tecno and co faring there? Just how?! Tecno is banking on the fact that we are backwards both mentally and technologically that they keep dumping overpriced substandard products on us and we smile like sheep while glorifying it. Open your eyes!
Tell those other brands to sell theirs since the sky is wide enough for everyone
Re: Tecno And Infinix Are Cheap And Affordable Phones (demystifying The Myth) by atheistandproud(m): 9:08pm On May 01, 2020
BoluwajiPieters:

Tell me why Nigeria go better when we have people who are against the dissemination of information to enlighten the general public because of their own personal gains.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tecno And Infinix Are Cheap And Affordable Phones (demystifying The Myth) by ZesusHVWritter(m): 9:08pm On May 01, 2020
Abiodunspectre:

Looool
Twitter impressions ���
Come on twitter, find me zesushv, come and experience the coal we are setting on xiaomi's bossom over privacy breach.
See xiaomi responding immediately trying to clear its name.
That is a company that is accountable. Not some cheap scam excuse of company called Transision.
The same twitter impressions you smirked at, is the same net tecno is using to lure innocent Nigerians.
All I did was caught their crap.
So who are you kidding?

7 Likes

Re: Tecno And Infinix Are Cheap And Affordable Phones (demystifying The Myth) by BoluwajiPieters: 9:10pm On May 01, 2020
edoairways:

Tell those other brands to sell theirs since the sky is wide enough for everyone

As long as YouTube remains, and I'm getting the quality for the quantity I pay, I'd patronise any brand worth it. And yeah, the sky is big enough for all to thrive.

1 Like

Re: Tecno And Infinix Are Cheap And Affordable Phones (demystifying The Myth) by sulasa07(m): 9:14pm On May 01, 2020
atheistandproud:
It has always been said that Transsion produces cheap phones. Cheaper than everyone else, in fact without Transsion, a lot of Nigerians won't even be using smartphones. As at the early 2010's when they were few smartphone brands in Nigeria and Blackberry dominated the market at expensive prices. One could say this was true. Fast forward to another decade, and this saying is still being touted about. Let's see if this holds true.
We're going to take a look at some Transsion phones and compare them with other brands like Samsung, Nokia, Xiaomi and Umidigi.

Criteria:
* All phones are the recently released variants
* All phones must be in the market
* Recently announced but unreleased phones do not make the list.

Most smartphone geeks agree that smartphones are classified into majorly 4 tiers (entry, budget, midrange and flagship). For this study, I'm eliminating flagship killer tier as it's a bit redundant here.

Without further ado, let's kick off.

Entry level:
Entry level phones are those phones which are designed to give you the android experience on the cheap. They can only carry out basic android functions (calls, SMS, FB lite, WhatsApp go etc.). These phones usually run on Android go software as their SoCs can only carry minimal loads. Any attempt to overload them leads to lagging, freezing, constant reboots (bootloops), softbricks or a complete shutdown.

Tecno: Pop 3 plus. It's an entry phone with Helio A22, 1/16GB RAM/ROM, 8/8mp front and back cameras and 4000mAh battery. Sells for around 32k (naijatechguide)

Infinix: Smart 4C. It comes with Helio A22 as well, 2/32GB RAM/ROM, 5/8mp cameras and 4000mAh battery. Sells for around 34k (naijatechguide)

Xiaomi: Redmi Go. It ships with Snapdragon 425, 1/16GB RAM/ROM, 5/8mp cameras and a 3000mAH battery. Sells for exactly 25,250 naira (slotNG)

Nokia: Nokia 2.3. It has got a Helio A22 as well, 2/32GB RAM/ROM, 5mp selfie and 13+2 dual back cameras and a 4000mAh battery. It sells for around 37k (Naijatechguide)

Samsung: Galaxy A10 comes with the Exynos 7884, 2/32GB RAM/ROM, 5/13mp cameras and a 3,400mAh battery. It retails for 39,500 naira (Naijatechguide)

Umidigi: Umidigi A3S ships with the Mediatek Helio A22, 2/16GB RAM/ROM, 13mp selfie, 16+5mp dual back cameras and a 3,950mAh battery. The price is 23k (Naijatechguide)

Quite clearly the winner here is the Umidigi A3S, clearly by the price alone. The runner up is the Redmi Go.

This proves that at entry level, there are better options to Transsion and cheaper too as almost all the phones in this category (except Redmi and the A10) use the Helio A22.

I'll be back shortly with the budget tier category phones, do stay tuned
The only advantage Tecno n Infinix have other is just that their parts are easily available like #1500-#2000 touch n #4000-#5000 screen unlike my phone screen n touch replacement is 12k but still I would never buy Infinix, Tecno n Itel with my own money thou I will accept as gifts

3 Likes

Re: Tecno And Infinix Are Cheap And Affordable Phones (demystifying The Myth) by atheistandproud(m): 9:15pm On May 01, 2020
ZesusHVWritter:

Come on twitter, find me zesushv, come and experience the coal we are setting on xiaomi's bossom over privacy breach.
See xiaomi responding immediately trying to clear its name.
That is a company that is accountable. Not some cheap scam excuse of company called Transision.
The same twitter impressions you smirked at, is the same net tecno is using to lure innocent Nigerians.
All I did was caught their crap.
So who are you kidding?

Yes they have. I saw the link you posted. Xiaomi have immediately moved to clear their name. Tecno have been deaf and dumb.

I just followed you. I'm trying to figure out how to post under your pinned post. Twitter has serious word limits.

3 Likes

Re: Tecno And Infinix Are Cheap And Affordable Phones (demystifying The Myth) by atheistandproud(m): 9:17pm On May 01, 2020
sulasa07:

The only advantage Tecno n Infinix have other is just that their parts are easily available like #1500-#2000 touch n #4000-#5000 screen unlike my phone screen n touch replacement is 12k but still I would never buy Infinix, Tecno n Itel with my own money thou I will accept as gifts

I'm even surprised that their defenders have not used that as a defence sef. grin grin grin grin

They've run out of ideas I guess.

1 Like

Re: Tecno And Infinix Are Cheap And Affordable Phones (demystifying The Myth) by ZesusHVWritter(m): 9:22pm On May 01, 2020
atheistandproud:

Yes they have. I saw the link you posted. Xiaomi have immediately moved to clear their name. Tecno have been deaf and dumb.

I just followed you. I'm trying to figure out how to post under your pinned post. Twitter has serious word limits.
Sorry for the inconvenience sir, Jack is holding every angle on a tight leash after he was hacked last year.
But you can get around it right?

1 Like

Re: Tecno And Infinix Are Cheap And Affordable Phones (demystifying The Myth) by Edopesin: 9:23pm On May 01, 2020
edoairways:

It is called choice. Perhaps other brands are doing well to push their brand to Nigeria market

It's not choice if people don't have idea of other brands and how they are not getting value for their money

3 Likes

Re: Tecno And Infinix Are Cheap And Affordable Phones (demystifying The Myth) by sulasa07(m): 9:24pm On May 01, 2020
atheistandproud:

I'm even surprised that their defenders have not used that as a defence sef. grin grin grin grin

They've run out of ideas I guess.
Maybe by 2030,Tecno and Infinix would start using latest and updated processors instead of using Helio p22 in a mobile worth 50k

1 Like

Re: Tecno And Infinix Are Cheap And Affordable Phones (demystifying The Myth) by ZesusHVWritter(m): 9:31pm On May 01, 2020
sulasa07:

I tell you in all honesty sir. Its not an advantage, it just goes to show how substandard and inferior their products and parts are.
I changed the xiaomi redmi 5plus screen 2years ago for 12k, the repairer that did the replacement confessed that he had never seen a spare screen that crisp, his words were "this screen dry oooh".
The user of the redmi 5plus is still using it and continually confirms that the screen almost seems like its better than the previous one.

Change a Transission device parts, forget the phone because its that part you will continue to change weekly until you throwaway the crap.
It's why wicked and deceitful phone engineers will continue to encourage people to waste thier funds on transision devices; because that there is their honeyPot.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tecno And Infinix Are Cheap And Affordable Phones (demystifying The Myth) by ZesusHVWritter(m): 9:33pm On May 01, 2020
edoairways:

Yes, but this Nigeria sky is not for scammers or cheats. Its for hardworking companies to soar higher. Not for thieves to loot Nigerians.
Re: Tecno And Infinix Are Cheap And Affordable Phones (demystifying The Myth) by sulasa07(m): 9:35pm On May 01, 2020
ZesusHVWritter:

I tell you in all honesty sir. Its not an advantage, it just goes to show how substandard and inferior their products and parts are.
I changed the xiaomi redmi 5plus screen 2years ago for 12k, the repairer that did the replacement confessed that he had never seen a spare screen that crisp, his words were "this screen dry oooh".
The user of the redmi 5plus is still using it and continually confirms that the screen almost seems like its better than the previous one.

Change a Transission device parts, forget the phone because its that part you will continue to change weekly until you throwaway the crap.
It's why wicked and deceitful phone engineers will continue to encourage people to waste thier funds on transision devices; because that there is their honeyPot.
It does look like advantage coz most people that use Infinix n Tecno don't know true quality,my phone's screen just the way it shines,my mind self dey tell Oga,you are doing well

2 Likes

Re: Tecno And Infinix Are Cheap And Affordable Phones (demystifying The Myth) by johnprince123: 9:35pm On May 01, 2020
sulasa07:

Maybe by 2030,Tecno and Infinix would start using latest and updated processors instead of using Helio p22 in a mobile worth 50k
Helio p35 for a device of 95k

I have really learnt alot from these guys, been secretly following and decided to comment today and henceforth
I'd join and call the stupid brand out
I am getting a Samsung or iPhone or xiaomi device next I can stand the low self esteem I feel when I find out my device is actually garbage
It is bitter for me to swallow but it is the truth

7 Likes

Re: Tecno And Infinix Are Cheap And Affordable Phones (demystifying The Myth) by sulasa07(m): 9:41pm On May 01, 2020
johnprince123:
Helio p35 for a device of 95k

I have really learnt alot from these guys, been secretly following and decided to comment today and henceforth
I'd join and call the stupid brand out
I am getting a Samsung or iPhone or xiaomi device next I can stand the low self esteem I feel when I find out my device is actually garbage
It is bitter for me to swallow but it is the truth
My phone of Helio p23 was 37k when I bought but Infinix and Tecno with my phone specs cost 75k upward,the next phone I'm buying will have to be Helio G90 series and still Infinix n Tecno will keep on releasing mobile every 3 weeks with Helio p22 or a22,what a fuckery,they don't want to advance at all.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tecno And Infinix Are Cheap And Affordable Phones (demystifying The Myth) by johnprince123: 9:43pm On May 01, 2020
sulasa07:

My phone of Helio p23 was 37k when I bought but Infinix and Tecno with my phone specs cost 75k upward,the next phone I'm buying will have to be Helio G90 series and still Infinix n Tecno will keep on releasing mobile every 3 weeks with Helio p22 or a22,what a fuckery,they don't want to advance at all.
not forgetting micro USB and camera we no even Sabi who make am

1 Like

Re: Tecno And Infinix Are Cheap And Affordable Phones (demystifying The Myth) by sulasa07(m): 9:48pm On May 01, 2020
johnprince123:
not forgetting micro USB and camera we no even Sabi who make am
The only downside for my phone is just not having type C micro USB.My mum's Infinix hit 7 takes 4-5 to fully charge a 4000mah battery in this age that some phone fully charges in 45 minutes

1 Like

Re: Tecno And Infinix Are Cheap And Affordable Phones (demystifying The Myth) by johnprince123: 9:54pm On May 01, 2020
sulasa07:

The only downside for my phone is just not having type C micro USB.My mum's Infinix hit 7 takes 4-5 to fully charge a 4000mah battery in this age that some phone fully charges in 45 minutes
my s5 almost takes 4hrs to charge full disgusting for a phone bought at this amount and I saw the other one saying they are their target actually they do
Their targets are gullible Nigerians

1 Like

Re: Tecno And Infinix Are Cheap And Affordable Phones (demystifying The Myth) by sulasa07(m): 9:57pm On May 01, 2020
johnprince123:
my s5 almost takes 4hrs to charge full disgusting for a phone bought at this amount and I saw the other one saying they are their target actually they do
Their targets are gullible Nigerians
GOD punish Tecno and Infinix.That thing dey pain,charging for 4 hours,even some 10000mah power bank no dey use 4hrs
Re: Tecno And Infinix Are Cheap And Affordable Phones (demystifying The Myth) by Nobody: 9:59pm On May 01, 2020
edoairways

I don't want to sound rude
but
if transission holdings are paying you to this.. I think it's better the stopped paying you.

the level response shows you don't have enough basic facts to defend the company..... I am sincere... no pun intended

I understand it's difficult to defend mediocrity but you ought to do better than this

NB please am not a fan of transission. value for money is what I want... whether it's Samsung Xiaomi Huawei.

8 Likes

Re: Tecno And Infinix Are Cheap And Affordable Phones (demystifying The Myth) by edoairways: 10:00pm On May 01, 2020
Edopesin:

It's not choice if people don't have idea of other brands and how they are not getting value for their money
Didn't they ( other brands)advertised their products to you before making decision to buy?
These other brands aren't doing enough to convince most Nigerians.
Re: Tecno And Infinix Are Cheap And Affordable Phones (demystifying The Myth) by edoairways: 10:02pm On May 01, 2020
samyd1:
edoairways

I don't want to sound rude
but
if transission holdings are paying you to this.. I think it's better the stopped paying you.

the level response shows you don't have enough basic facts to defend the company..... I am sincere... no pun intended

I understand it's difficult to defend mediocrity but you ought to do better than this

NB please am not a fan of transission. value for money is what I want... whether it's Samsung Xiaomi Huawei.
Nobody is paying me. Since you can afford Samsung, Huawei, others can't

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Airtel 1500-3GB On Android / Everything To Know About The Coming Infinix Note 5 / Mtn Sim Registeration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.