Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,627 members, 7,918,026 topics. Date: Sunday, 11 August 2024 at 08:44 PM

Nigerians React To Nollywood Movie For Using Film Trick Chain. PHOTOS - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Nigerians React To Nollywood Movie For Using Film Trick Chain. PHOTOS (7893 Views)

Naira Marley Buys Customised Diamond Neck Chain (Photos, Video) / SHOCKING! Shatta bandle Acquires Davido’s 30Billion chain. PHOTOS / Anto Shares Half Unclad Pictures, Show Of Her Waist Chain. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians React To Nollywood Movie For Using Film Trick Chain. PHOTOS by crackhouse(m): 5:25am On May 01, 2020
Lol
Re: Nigerians React To Nollywood Movie For Using Film Trick Chain. PHOTOS by Godons1: 5:40am On May 01, 2020
Chai, Igbo movies. grin grin grin

Re: Nigerians React To Nollywood Movie For Using Film Trick Chain. PHOTOS by Bobyro: 7:22am On May 01, 2020
Bossontop:
Another reason why i abandoned nigerian films years ago.......d films dey reduce sense aswear!!!
Lol
Re: Nigerians React To Nollywood Movie For Using Film Trick Chain. PHOTOS by Tunde835(m): 9:01am On May 01, 2020
irunoko:
Please nollywood stop this embarrassment.cant you see the intelligence,acumen,skill and depth Hollywood invests in movie making? Can't you take a cue from them for once

Look at the Titanic movie for example.look at how real they made it appear.that movie alone is worth more than 200 nollythrash put together.please be sensible

Few days ago I watched the movie white house down and I almost forgot it was a movie.it felt so real .that is how movie ought to be.do your research if need be gosh
I watched D Trailer For Reigna Daniels Spider Girl On Youtube D Film Special Effects Was So Terrible It Felt Like A Sin To Compare It To Spider Man Far From Home

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians React To Nollywood Movie For Using Film Trick Chain. PHOTOS by irunoko(m): 9:11am On May 01, 2020
Tunde835:
I watched D Trailer For Reigna Daniels Spider Girl On Youtube D Film Special Effects Was So Terrible It Felt Like A Sin To Compare It To Spider Man Far From Home
when you are desperate for money you tend to produce something mediocre.its very disturbing the kinds of things nollywood churns out.abi isn't there international standards for producing 1st class movies again? Unfortunately they don't accept corrections.theyll think that you're criticizing them

The people who should be producing, editing and directing should be technocrats not illiterates or semi illiterates... irritatingly you will see illiterates producing films and they expect intelligent people to watch it.infact my mom herself doesn't like nollywood.i was surprised when we were talking one day about nollywood and she said it debases the intellect and mind.its for illiterate housewives and that's why you see they cannot think outside the box

The title of some Hollywood movies lasan you will trip and by the time you watch it, you cannot even predict and when you try, they'll carry it to another angle.its like a school on its own.they open your mind to areas in law, medicine and the technicalities involved but with nollywood when you see the adverts and the cast involved you already know the beginning and the end of the movie.always repeating storylines

The sttup1d part of it is the annoying music from the background that has drowned the voice of the artist interpreting a character

Meanwhile I heard Yoruba movies have movie school cheesy

In my mind I was like illiterate ko illiterate cheesy
Re: Nigerians React To Nollywood Movie For Using Film Trick Chain. PHOTOS by Hotspotbro(m): 9:57am On May 01, 2020
Tunde835:
a low budget Bollywood movie will reach box office. But a Nigerian film of the same will be released in CD, DVD and YouTube.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React To Nollywood Movie For Using Film Trick Chain. PHOTOS by BluntTheApostle(m): 10:12am On May 01, 2020
Georgekyrian:

But OP in the movie "Moon maid" the chain was sort casted on her with demonic spell, them never made it to be a physical chain.. I watched the movie with you yesterda

Still, they could have used a real chain and used effects to make it emit light so that people can tell that it is not a physical chain.

Or better still, they could have done a better superimposing job.

That job in the movie looks like something done using Microsoft Draw tab. Very cheap, and rushed work.
Re: Nigerians React To Nollywood Movie For Using Film Trick Chain. PHOTOS by kleverley(m): 10:32am On May 01, 2020
This movie, and it was on AMepic yesterday. The movie had a couple of avoidable blunders sha.

We can only get better
Re: Nigerians React To Nollywood Movie For Using Film Trick Chain. PHOTOS by Michealky: 10:34am On May 01, 2020
Legend of inikpi
Re: Nigerians React To Nollywood Movie For Using Film Trick Chain. PHOTOS by Michealky: 10:36am On May 01, 2020
I don't blame Nollywood sha, they lack sponsorship and high level education. Just imagine highest nollywood grossing movie is wedding party. What nonsense. Netflix or Hollywood need to buy Nollywood
Re: Nigerians React To Nollywood Movie For Using Film Trick Chain. PHOTOS by Nobody: 10:49am On May 01, 2020
God! Im ashamed of this!
Re: Nigerians React To Nollywood Movie For Using Film Trick Chain. PHOTOS by AfroKnight: 10:51am On May 01, 2020
Nollywood is just useless. I swear. cheesy

I made a mistake of watching nollywood on Netflix this year. I won’t make that mistake again.

Fine, Lionheart was okay because of the veterans. But you see those young actors and actresses? Na nonsense dem dey act. King of Boys was so disappointing. They just spent money on props without fleshing out the story properly.

Screenwriting is still a big obstacle for nollywood. I won’t criticise the scripts for now.

As for editing and VFX. cheesy I just dey laugh. The colouring is good though. The VFX is wack.

Just look at the chain.

Naija has badass VFX artists. Some are even members of our Art/Graphics section on NL. But do these producers hire them? No.

Na mumu old school special effect dis our producers go dey put inside film. Sound effect nko? Lol. Thunder sample will be clipping yet they will add the over-compressed sound to the raw mix and master everything together. Do they employ foley artists at all?

Perhaps the budget is the problem here. Perhaps it’s the work ethic. Perhaps both.
Re: Nigerians React To Nollywood Movie For Using Film Trick Chain. PHOTOS by irunoko(m): 11:05am On May 01, 2020
AfroKnight:
Nollywood is just useless. I swear. cheesy

I made a mistake of watching nollywood on Netflix this year. I won’t make that mistake again.

Fine, Lionheart was okay because of the veterans. But you see those young actors and actresses? Na nonsense dem dey act. King of Boys was so disappointing. They just spent money on props without fleshing our the story properly.

Screenwriting is still a big obstacle for nollywood. I won’t criticise the scripts for now.

As for editing and VFX. cheesy I just dey laugh. The colouring is good though. The VFX is wack.

Just look at the chain.

Naija has badass VFX artists. Some are even members of our Art/Graphics section on NL. But do these producers hire them? No.

Na mumu old school special effect dis our producers go dey put inside film. Sound effect nko? Lol. Thunder sample will be clipping yet they will add the over-compressed sound to the raw mix and master everything together. Do they employ foley artists at all?

Perhaps the budget is the problem here. Perhaps it’s the work ethic. Perhaps both.
unfortunately they won't listen.. very shallow minded fools.always repeating wack and tacky storylines with skanky low life razz girls lipsrsealed

Irritating to behold especially the Yoruba actresses lipsrsealed when they eventually try to speak English and pronounce words,they end up lipsrsealed

The ones that translate Yoruba to English,I don't know the Bush they bring them from.e.g " she has catch belle" and they put it on YouTube.goshh!

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React To Nollywood Movie For Using Film Trick Chain. PHOTOS by AfroKnight: 11:28am On May 01, 2020
irunoko:
unfortunately they won't listen.. very shallow minded fools.always repeating wack and tacky storylines with skanky low life razz girls lipsrsealed

Irritating to behold especially the Yoruba actresses lipsrsealed when they eventually try to speak English and pronounce words,they end up lipsrsealed

The ones that translate Yoruba to English,I don't know the Bush they bring them from.e.g " she has catch belle" and they put it on YouTube.goshh!

Ah! Those infamous subtitles cheesy

The storylines ehn. I don’t want to yab the writers cos good actors and directors can still give life to those scanty storylines. But scriptwriters should do better abeg.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React To Nollywood Movie For Using Film Trick Chain. PHOTOS by irunoko(m): 11:47am On May 01, 2020
AfroKnight:

Ah! Those infamous subtitles cheesy

The storylines ehn. I don’t want to yab the writers cos good actors and directors can still give life to those scanty storylines. But scriptwriters should do better abeg.
they all need to do better from the actors to the producers to the directors

Meanwhile Yoruba nollywood should understand that being fat,lightskinned or lousy isn't a qualification for being a good actress.there is more depth to acting

And being handsome with big abs isn't a qualification for being a good actor

Cut all the stuppidd strerotype that every 1st class graduate will end up roaming the streets without jobs with big brown envelopes under his armpits while the drop out will be the one to help him.thats so unreasonable and cliché

Every single girl living alone is mannerless, vulgar and a prostitute

Every career woman hates men and doesn't want to marry

A kings daughter or son will travel abroad for a degree abroad and then come back to the village and start acting obnoxious with ridiculous accent

Every intelligent girl is illogical

Every armed robber gets caught,goes to prison and the next thing is glory be to God.i mean what kind of nonsense is that?

If they now decide that they want to do science fiction it must be some vodoo priest and JuJu incantations and rants everywhere.gosh!

O,not forgetting shooting someone dead and no blood or playing robbery scene on the express and people were shot but no blood,no broken windscreens,blood stains etc

Infact the nigerian police is more efficient in movies than in reality.

Including a medical doctor telling a patient eteselebo? I'm like are these people for real?

The sex scenes nko? grin smh

You're having sex but you're still fully clothed on the bed shouting haaaaaashhhhhmnnnnn.really? grin
. every date must involve running around in the garden, kissing and talking about how many kids you wat cheesy

Going home to have sex and the next day you're married and pregnant grin

Every girl from a rich home is rude, disrespectful and entitled

Let me stop here grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians React To Nollywood Movie For Using Film Trick Chain. PHOTOS by Kobicove(m): 12:00pm On May 01, 2020
Most Nigerian film makers do not pay attention to details sad
Re: Nigerians React To Nollywood Movie For Using Film Trick Chain. PHOTOS by Kingrexyl(m): 12:41pm On May 01, 2020
irunoko:
Please nollywood stop this embarrassment.cant you see the intelligence,acumen,skill and depth Hollywood invests in movie making? Can't you take a cue from them for once

Look at the Titanic movie for example.look at how real they made it appear.that movie alone is worth more than 200 nollythrash put together.please be sensible

Few days ago I watched the movie white house down and I almost forgot it was a movie.it felt so real .that is how movie ought to be.do your research if need be gosh
Abi 10,000

Nollywood is a big trash.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians React To Nollywood Movie For Using Film Trick Chain. PHOTOS by MrEazi223: 2:29pm On May 01, 2020
I'm ashamed to write this but didn't have choice and don't want to do what is not right...
Please pardon my write up as I'm not thinking straight right now.

My story goes like this, I'm from Osun state but I live and work in Akwa Ibom I have a job I'm a telecom engineer a Rigger to be precise and I've been doing really good for myself, recently I was advised by my mom to start to save out of my salary and invest in case of raining day in which I oblige and I started saving 20k out of my salary I saved for 10 months which is 200k, during the 10 months I derived myself many good things including better clothes just to achieve my aim, my mom said I should buy a new bike and give it out on a higher purchase in which I bought on the 3rd of April with the help of my mom, she helped me find someone in Osun state and we negotiate on how he's going to make the payment to me, to cut my story short the bike was stolen on 10th of April and the said guy is still in the hospital getting treatment from the wounds he sustain during the struggle with those bike snatchers.

This is where I need help, as I'm typing this my account is on zero and it has been difficult for me to feed myself for some days now, I didn't eat anything throughout today as I live on ordinary water, please fellow nairalander whoever is willing to help should save me from this hunger before I develop ulcer.

Thank you in advance.
Re: Nigerians React To Nollywood Movie For Using Film Trick Chain. PHOTOS by AfroKnight: 4:01pm On May 01, 2020
irunoko:
they all need to do better from the actors to the producers to the directors

Meanwhile Yoruba nollywood should understand that being fat,lightskinned or lousy isn't a qualification for being a good actress.there is more depth to acting

And being handsome with big abs isn't a qualification for being a good actor

Cut all the stuppidd strerotype that every 1st class graduate will end up roaming the streets without jobs with big brown envelopes under his armpits while the drop out will be the one to help him.thats so unreasonable and cliché

Every single girl living alone is mannerless, vulgar and a prostitute

Every career woman hates men and doesn't want to marry

A kings daughter or son will travel abroad for a degree abroad and then come back to the village and start acting obnoxious with ridiculous accent

Every intelligent girl is illogical

Every armed robber gets caught,goes to prison and the next thing is glory be to God.i mean what kind of nonsense is that?

If they now decide that they want to do science fiction it must be some vodoo priest and JuJu incantations and rants everywhere.gosh!

O,not forgetting shooting someone dead and no blood or playing robbery scene on the express and people were shot but no blood,no broken windscreens,blood stains etc

Infact the nigerian police is more efficient in movies than in reality.

Including a medical doctor telling a patient eteselebo? I'm like are these people for real?

The sex scenes nko? grin smh

You're having sex but you're still fully clothed on the bed shouting haaaaaashhhhhmnnnnn.really? grin
. every date must involve running around in the garden, kissing and talking about how many kids you wat cheesy

Going home to have sex and the next day you're married and pregnant grin

Every girl from a rich home is rude, disrespectful and entitled

Let me stop here grin

Hahahahaha bro!

You have said it all. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React To Nollywood Movie For Using Film Trick Chain. PHOTOS by sharorberlain: 10:12am On Sep 21, 2021
If you ask me o, I will wholeheartedly tell you that "I'm tired of watching all these Nollywood movies with poor visual effects, especially all these their fake gun shots, fake fire and fake disappearance, amateur car accident scenes... a lot of it. I guess that's one of the reasons their script virtually look the same.
I saw a video on YouTube; these Nigeria guys recently started teaching Nigerians on how to create movie effects. I researched and did chat with one of them. These guys have been underground doing their visual effects thing. When I wrote them, their response was more like they don't want to forcefully grab the industry. I have that feeling that they are into something BIG... well, who knows?! I feel they are going to be one of the best VFX companies in Nigeria. I also watched one of their music video effects. Mehn! Bro, these guys are good.
I started reasoning on how they could change the storylines in our Nigerian film industry (Nollywood movies). At least if it won't be a bad idea if I see a Sci-Fi movie produced in Nigeria.
You should watch their video on Facebook or YouTube to see for yourself.
https://www.facebook.com/vfx9ja

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkGgpcczzlU
Re: Nigerians React To Nollywood Movie For Using Film Trick Chain. PHOTOS by l0uie(m): 12:08pm On Sep 21, 2021
No funny shit, nollywood really thinks low of its viewers. Like how on earth would you put this out for your fans to watch if you don't think low of them like they are just a bunch of dumb asses who don't know shit?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Check Out This Funny Nigerian Wedding Picture / Picture Of Davido In The Toilet Crying Over his Late Friend / Nigerian Lady Shares Naked Photos She Is Being Blackmailed With ( Photos )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.