Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,473 members, 7,917,479 topics. Date: Sunday, 11 August 2024 at 08:12 AM

How To Get Your First 100 Digital Marketing Client And Make Money - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How To Get Your First 100 Digital Marketing Client And Make Money (593 Views)

Horizon Legacy Marco Polo 100 Digital Build Challenge (up To $200,000 Cash Prize / Need New Client's And Customers? / Follow My Updated G-100 Digital Gang Presentation On Online Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Get Your First 100 Digital Marketing Client And Make Money by Odigital: 1:04am On May 01, 2020
[STRICTLY FOR BEGINNERS ONLY]

Assume you do not know how to ride a bicycle. and I give you all the books, courses, and lectures on how to ride a bicycle like a pro.

You go through the courses, you take notes, learn all the stuff…

The day comes when I ask you to ride a bicycle with the knowledge that you’ve gained.

Would you be able to ride it successfully in the first go?

Why not? You’ve learned all the tricks and trades, right

Your answer will still be “No” because that isn’t how it works.

You need to practice, fall, repeat until you finally start riding it � Or need someone to handhold until you learn �

Same analogy, you might be passionate about Digital Marketing as a whole…

You might have enrolled in a lot of courses hoping that you could become an expert someday…

But do you think the knowledge alone is gonna give you the expertise?

You need to practice what you’ve learnt… And eventually, grow it into a business. Isn’t that how most of us learnt?

Not just #FacebookAds, if you want to know how you can land upon your first Digital Marketing job or get a client, then read this further.

How do I practice?
Good question. If you are a business owner already, you can experiment with it for your business.

But what if you are someone like me who had nothing in hand before getting my first digital marketing job?

Here are some suggestions I could give for you to practice the skill and become a master of the art.

1. Pitch in your service to a friend/family member who owns a business

Definitely not to your distant relative or acquaintance, if you have a family member/friend who’s already running a business, offer your knowledge
to them and get them to hire you.

It’s okay if you don’t get paid at first, take it up as long as they are open to spending money on Facebook.

It all comes down to you correctly setting the expectations to them. Asking as polite as “I’m learning a Facebook course right now and would be

interesting in implementing to grow your business” would be good enough to convince them �

Don’t be crazy enough to spend a lot right away. Get a small budget, test, and as you get results, proceed further.

Charge a small stipend once you get results.

2. Apply for Internships

Do you know what’s the best way to learn a bicycle? Being handheld by someone who already knows how to ride it �

Similarly, apply for internships. Free internship, paid, or you pay to get the internship, it’s okay.

Just go for it.

When you work with a master, just hold their hand tight(not literally � ) and they will aid your learning process much faster.

Once things go well, apply for a job in the same organization or start looking for jobs. You’ll end up in a job easily with the practical experience you have got.

3. List your services on Fiverr

Feeling too cheap? Come on, we are literally the same people who actively look for high-quality work at the cheapest cost.

It’s totally okay to list your gigs on Fiverr once you have some portfolio in hand, considering the fact that most people on Fiverr make a lot of
money than most of us here.

It’s gonna be tough only until you get your first couple of reviews. Once people start seeing the value, you might get orders on a consistent basis.

4. Help people

Ever heard of reciprocity? Do good to people and the good shall come back to you.

That’s exactly what’s gonna happen if you start helping people in public forums.

Within nairaland, I’m quite sure a lot of people have got a business in return just by providing value for free.

Once people start seeing you as a trusted advisor, what next? They would definitely need your help when they can’t do something on their own �

Be active in relevant groups, provide value to people, build a small following and one fine day, your messenger might have a notification from your first prospect �

There’s plenty of advice on the internet from gurus on how to land your first client/job.

The ones I’ve shared are the ones I have done for myself and my friends, and it doesn’t cost too much to do any of these �

And the points mentioned above will apply to get any Digital Marketing client/job if you give it a try �

Are you ready to get your first job/client? Or do you have better suggestions? Let me know in the comments below �

visit [url]odigital.ng[/url] if you want to learn more.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Please Recommend A Quick Loan Service/app / Download Free Ebook To Make Upto 100k Monthly From Paid Surveys / Closed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.