Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,372 members, 7,901,004 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 July 2024 at 09:10 PM

A Website For As Low As #500? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / A Website For As Low As #500? (983 Views)

Get A Professional/Personal/Ecommerce Website For As Low As 10k* / Create Your Blog With Custom Everything For As Low As 3500 / Get Sms For As Low As 0.50k (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Website For As Low As #500? by showvic(m): 12:52pm On Jan 10, 2011
Do you know that very soon you will be able to get a website for as low as #500. When I heard this is initially, I thought some one was playing pranks but after my friend explained the whole stuff to me it was simply something else. Before I actually explain the stuff I am talking about, I want to examine opinions and what you think this would be all about.
Re: A Website For As Low As #500? by yawatide(f): 1:30pm On Jan 10, 2011
Please tell me which country uses the hash symbol so I can avoid it and its currency at ALL costs
Re: A Website For As Low As #500? by Nobody: 8:41pm On Jan 10, 2011
@Poster.

Your Father Mama!
angry
Re: A Website For As Low As #500? by Nobody: 9:18pm On Jan 10, 2011
Lol Money for Weed
Re: A Website For As Low As #500? by liaslo1(m): 9:40pm On Jan 10, 2011
LMAO

Man must wack
Re: A Website For As Low As #500? by Ejovwoke(m): 7:55pm On Jan 14, 2011
Behold a new scammer
Re: A Website For As Low As #500? by lagoshost(m): 10:14pm On Jan 16, 2011
@poster

Could you tell more about this?
Re: A Website For As Low As #500? by showvic(m): 11:33am On Jan 17, 2011
@ lagos host

I am only replying this post because of you. It is obvious a lot of immature people exist on nairaland.

Any way, very soon, latest february, I will be launching a membership website which enables all members to host their websites for only #500.
The truth that most Nigerians don't know is that domain registeration gulps #1,500 out of the #2,500 or #3,000 they usually pay to get a new website.
Now what if you are able to get the domain name for free, and get your hosting for #500?

How much would you have spent to get a website? Just five hundred Naira.

There is a bonaza going on which allows intending website owners to register .com.ng, .org.ng, .net.ng domains for a limited period as part of the nigeria @50 celebrations. So all you need to do is register your domain name or names and when the site is launched, get a 500MB website with 5GB monthly bandwidth for only #500 and viola, you have a website all for #500.

Pls it is manners to ask questions rather than insult a person whom you do not know.
Re: A Website For As Low As #500? by bug24(m): 11:50am On Jan 17, 2011
Wait o, did u just say a lotta immature peepz on NL? ur a reaaaaaaal joker,

now i want u to first take a look at your first post. U said someone first told you and u thought the person was or someone was playing a prank on you cos it was unbelievable,

Now in ur last post you made mention of you being the one who is launching the N500 (dope money) biz.

Now who is immature? ur marketing tactics is totally immature, ur thinking ability is comprehensively immature and even the way you go about killing this business is INCOMPREHENSIVELY IMMATURE.

infact, this ur post is immature. U are lucky i dont know u like u mentioned, if i were to see u face to face, my broda, i for just , angry

CAN YOU IMAGINE? (dis N500 guy don make me vex now, i wan go drink water)
Re: A Website For As Low As #500? by showvic(m): 12:07pm On Jan 17, 2011
Guy it is very easy to put together. Do you buy ebooks at all?

I got this Idea from an ebook I bought for crying out loud. The guy said he was unveiling the secret of host gator and that we could start our own web reseller biz for just $100. My friend got to know of it and informed me ( that's the friend connection).

With that you can host unlimited domains and you have 40GB disk space and 400GB of bandwidth.

Now if I launch a program where my members get 500MB disk space and 5GB of bandwidth, then I can create over 80 of such websites on that single reseller bundle.

Turnover = #500 x 80 = #40,000
Profit = #40,000 - #20,000 = #20,000.

There you go. I hope you now get it. I hate the fact that I have to come open with the Idea because now every tom, manliness and harry will start trying to use it but much more I hate the fact that my name is being dragged in the mud over this issue. So congrats all of you, a valuable idea for free huh! angry
Re: A Website For As Low As #500? by utimatedes(m): 4:20pm On Jan 17, 2011
Let me the Judge between BUG24 and SHOWVIC ad other parties involved

CASE TO BE JUDGED ON: Immature People Exist on Nairaland and Website for #500

MY VERDICT: I will use evidence, comments, and all the info provided by the parties involved.

FUMBLE AND WOMBLE NUMBER 1: "I thought some one was playing pranks but after my friend explained the whole stuff to me it was simply something else"

FUMBLE AND WOMBLE NUMBER 2: "It is obvious a lot of immature people exist on nairaland."

FUMBLE AND WOMBLE NUMBER 3: "Do  you know that very soon you will be able to get a website for as low as #500"- (You should have said web hosting space)

FUMBLE AND WOMBLE NUMBER 4: "Guy it is very easy to put together. Do you buy ebooks at all?"

FUMBLE AND WOMBLE NUMBER 5: "The guy said he was unveiling the secret of host gator and that we could start our own web reseller biz for just $100."

EVIDENCE: Wait o,  did u just say a lotta immature peepz on NL? your a reaaaaaaal joker,

U said someone first told you and u thought the person was or someone was playing a prank on  you cos it was unbelievable,

Now in your last post you made mention of you being the one who is launching the N500 (dope money) biz.

Now who is immature? your marketing tactics is totally immature, your thinking ability is comprehensively immature and even the way you go about killing this business is INCOMPREHENSIVELY IMMATURE.

infact, this your post is immature.

@SHOWVIC: You said you bought Ebook from someone who unveil a secret for reseller hosting on hostgator for $100.

I guess you might have bought a wrong Ebook from desperate marketers with wrong information on reseller hosting.

If I may ask you, what about the recurrence expenditure? what if Hostgator cancel or discontinue with the secret because the normal plan for cheapest reseller account on Hostgator is $299.4/year for 50G?

Do you know that web hosting service need sound knowledge and excellence support?

MY FINAL VERDICT:
@SHOWVIC- It is true that you do not have any knowledge/technical know how on web hosting service
It is true that you bought a wrong E-book from a wrong person

You also posted on Nairaland (https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-586323.0.html) that you need a forum moderator for your forum to pay $25 to register. Hey! What the heck is that?

No doubt with the evidences and the  exhibits I gathered, and the Plaintiff, BUG24, has proved beyond every reasonable doubt that you are not only IMMATURE, but also a failure and unfortunate marketer.

You are a bad sample for potential entrepreneurs

You need to go to training school or you are bounce to fail within 1year.

I thereby sentence you to six (6) month community services by sweeping the major cities in Lagos and also abstain from posting on this forum.

Inspector General SEUN and Officer Omminipoten take note and enforce the Judgment.
[size=50pt]
[center]COURT[/center]!
[/size]
Re: A Website For As Low As #500? by Nobody: 5:03pm On Jan 17, 2011
@poster, you are a real clown o - who are you calling immature?
Re: A Website For As Low As #500? by bug24(m): 7:37pm On Jan 17, 2011
this guy needs to be seriously whipped.
ebook ko, tango book no.
mcheewwwww.
Re: A Website For As Low As #500? by gabuzee(m): 10:19pm On Jan 17, 2011
No need to abuse the poster, he is just a fellow trying to make a living just like everyone of Us.
Re: A Website For As Low As #500? by bug24(m): 10:21pm On Jan 17, 2011
;d
Re: A Website For As Low As #500? by showvic(m): 9:09am On Jan 18, 2011
It is so obvious some people don't think. If someone is exposing the secret of host gator doesn't that tell you that he is not promoting host gator services but rather introducing a new stuff.

Now for ultimades or whatever you call yourself, it is obvious that all you enjoy doing is criticizing people.
Who even told you that the cheapest reseller hosting you can get is for that amount.

Well I have a shocker for you. Nairalanders I want you to now judge between me and this criticizing bug.
Please visit www.syskay.com/reseller.html and after reading it, pls tell me what you think.

E-books are not supposed to be complete manuals. Most of the time they only give you ideas of how things are done. If you follow the above link, you will discover that you can get 40GB for only #25,000. When you are given an idea, it is not necessarily the best available but by doing your research you are able to discover better options.

You talk about knowing so much about web hosting. It is rather unfortunate that some one who knows so much about hosting in Nigeria doesn't know about syskay which is rated as the best in Nigeria and used even by recognised infopreneurs like sunny ojeagbase. Actually it was recommended by him in success digest extra.
Syskay has excellent support services which always override any inadequacies their resellers may have.

It is said that an empty barrel makes the most noise, deductive reasoning says:

Read the facts, weigh your evidence carefully and come with an intelligent conclusion.

Nairalanders judge for yourselves.
Re: A Website For As Low As #500? by Nobody: 9:36am On Jan 18, 2011
Rubbish, stop trying to justify yourself here, where is that my whip. . .
Re: A Website For As Low As #500? by showvic(m): 9:59am On Jan 18, 2011
Did you at least visit the link, be rational
Re: A Website For As Low As #500? by bug24(m): 11:29am On Jan 18, 2011
talking about syskay, i could give you his direct line right now. I am a very highly recommended friend and client to his coy.

He i can say is the best in Nigeria and i must confess, i have done hundreds of businesses with and its still counting. No time-outs no nothing. I actually setup a domain downtime monitor tool on em and no time have i gotten a downtime report. . THAT SAID,

WETIN come bring syskay matter enter this one? Its obvious you are just entering into this trade and unfortunately for you, you are making a huge noise. This is the problem we have with you. If you come here with the intention of learning and u ask the dumbest of all questions, the great people here will answer you politely and put you the right way but you are here raising your arrogant head and u knw neffin.

mcheeewwww
Re: A Website For As Low As #500? by Nobody: 3:18pm On Jan 18, 2011
showvic:

Did you at least visit the link, be rational
That means you were not listening. I will repeat it so you can see and hear - THE ONLY W-E-R-E NOT-RATIONAL HERE IS YOU!
And you are alone in your ignorance. . .
Re: A Website For As Low As #500? by utimatedes(m): 8:03pm On Jan 18, 2011
This guy need deliverance! This guy is unfortunate refugee that need to be deported to where ever he came from.

Since I came across this guy, I found nothing good in everything he posted here.

Last time he said we should come and register as forum moderator (https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-586323.0.html) and pay $25 for forum that he has not even set it up and does not even know how to do that.

This is the same zombie who said here (https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-563917.0.html) we should contact him so that he will show us how to register 100 domain name for $3.

where did you learned your info marketing from? you don't have any knowledge in website, hosting or related field?
You are just unfortunate newbie and new scammer with your silly marketing ideas

@poster: You said I know how to criticized. How many people doing the right thing do I normally criticize?

Why don't I criticize DHTML, Bug24, afam, Lojik, yewa-ti-de, pc-guru, liaslo, Donpuzo and other notable poster here who have contributed immensely to helping people on this forum, and I also gain a lot from them?

Why won't I criticize you when you are posting rubbish and saying nonsense with confident?

You must be crazy!
Re: A Website For As Low As #500? by Nobody: 9:03pm On Jan 18, 2011
Na real zombie the op be jor ~ he don enter one chance ~ ~ ~
Re: A Website For As Low As #500? by Nobody: 12:42am On Jan 19, 2011
@showvic,

well, you really sound to be confident and sure of yourself, cool, your mathematics may be right, but I hope it will not end up like what we are facing with smartwebng.com

I've now agreed with a nairalander. 'with cheap host, comes great problems' think of that.

whether it is real or not, please dont come and give Nigerians any problem, dont drag our name in the mud. try to do things that are real and feasible.

I hope your N500 of a thing does not include the designing of the website.
Re: A Website For As Low As #500? by bug24(m): 8:00am On Jan 19, 2011
lekanesan:

@showvic,

I hope your N500 of a thing does not include the designing of the website.

It even includes SEO, facebook and google ads. grin

u neva see anything. cool
Re: A Website For As Low As #500? by showvic(m): 9:26am On Jan 19, 2011
@bug24

It is funny you asked how this whole thing is related to syskay. It simply shows that you either don't know how to read or something. If you were careful to note what led up to my mentioning syskay, you won't be asking that question.

Ultimades contended that the cheapest reseller package you could get from host gator was $299.4 but I showed that syskay has a reseller plan of 40GB for #25,000 and that is what I am using.

As for the forum stuff, if you check right about now, you would discover that the page no longer exists on my website because the ten people I need have already signed up. The forum will be launched on monday and I will definitely put a link of it here.

Concerning the 100 domains for $3, everyone on the internet knows that co.cc is offering 100 domains at $10. I only got lucky to know how to get it for lower. And moreover the Nigeria@50 promo which allows free registeration of .com.ng domains is still on.

If I were a scammer, what will I gain from showing you a profitable business you could do with #25,000 and make over #15,000 as profit (depending on how much you are reselling) ?

@lekanesan
This is no cheap host. You yourself if you have the money can go over to syskay with as low as #10,000 and get a reseller account which gives you 20GB and you do whatever you decide to do with it.

As for whether it includes designing, the answer is No. My previous posts and replies indicate that is strictly for hosting. The problem with most of these people is grammar. Someone called me a few days ago saying I was trying to scam people. After I took time to explain the stuff to him, the guy actually apologised and thanked me for my patience. Any one who is indeed neutral will see that all these victimisation being carried out is not only unfair but absolutely unnecessary.
Re: A Website For As Low As #500? by utimatedes(m): 1:01pm On Jan 19, 2011
Showvic: I have been hosting site since 2006 and I joined syskay by 2008. There is nothing you can show me about syskay, but for others, it may be useful to them.

I did not say hostgator has the cheapest reseller hosting plan on earth, I just wanted others to know that the cheapest reseller on hostgator which you refer to was $229.4 as against your secret plan of $100.

About the 100 domain name for $3, I new it was CO.CC extension and I actually mention it on your post.
CO.CC will give you 10 domain for free.

If you search this forum, you will see that many people have posted such information for free on the CO.CC and COM.NG, EDU.NG etc here

You may have a nice ideas, but the way and the strategy you employed to market your ideas is very wrong. The way you do it make people to see you as scammer.

It will be wrong for anyone to condemn you when you are passing the right ideas.
When you are marketing or posting information, try as much as possible to be plain and straight forward and people will see you as serious element, if not, you will be taken as a scammer.
Re: A Website For As Low As #500? by ewds(m): 2:09pm On Jan 19, 2011
Showvic, there's so much goin on with cheap 9ja hosting firms (smartwebng.com, for example), so u can't blame people for bein aggressive over your post, especially as there's little or no standard info to support it. However, ur ideas r nt bad. Jst try nd b more straight forward as previously advised. Good luck in ur endeavours and b careful so u don't land in d wrnd hands and hv people on ur neck.

Nice day
Re: A Website For As Low As #500? by showvic(m): 8:47am On Jan 20, 2011
Thanks. I reviewed some things you said about about being more open and straight forward with posts.

@ultimades
No hard feelings. Just trying to clear my name here. Thanks anyway. I guess I learnt something from it though.

(1) (Reply)

***search Engine Optimization Tutorial *rank #1 On Google In 2 Weeks*** / Need Proposal For E-portal Ungenly / This Site:webworksafrica.com Is Scammer Bewere

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.