Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,707 members, 7,879,084 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 12:24 PM

Ecowas Names Obasanjo Special Envoy To Cote D’ivoire Gbagbo time is up - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ecowas Names Obasanjo Special Envoy To Cote D’ivoire Gbagbo time is up (7413 Views)

Buhari Picks Obasanjo As 'Envoy' To Guinea-Bissau / Cameroonian Special Envoy Visits Buhari (photos) / Nigeria Recalls Envoy to South Africa over Xenophobia attacks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ecowas Names Obasanjo Special Envoy To Cote D’ivoire Gbagbo time is up by nethacker(m): 4:22pm On Jan 10, 2011
baba iyabo is now d james bond of west africa grin grin
Re: Ecowas Names Obasanjo Special Envoy To Cote D’ivoire Gbagbo time is up by redsun(m): 4:26pm On Jan 10, 2011
Africa is a doomed continent where all d statesmen and womem are retarded criminals with d exception of a few like Mandela
Re: Ecowas Names Obasanjo Special Envoy To Cote D’ivoire Gbagbo time is up by Missy85(f): 4:32pm On Jan 10, 2011
Obasanjo is actually well respected outside Nigeria.

Someone mentioned Kofi Anan. Who is Kofi Anan in African geopolitics? He was holed up with the UN in New York, Geneva etc for about 30 yrs. What does he know about the @african terrain.

Some people are not natural leaders. Obasanjo is, but the likes of GEJ & Kofi Anan are not, tho they are prob nice chaps.
Re: Ecowas Names Obasanjo Special Envoy To Cote D’ivoire Gbagbo time is up by bisiaet: 4:40pm On Jan 10, 2011
I dont see anything wrong in that as far as i'm concern if people in Nigeria dont like him that does not mean the whole should hate him, so if he is ECOWAS choice choice fine because if we rant and shout till heaven comes it make no meaning in as far Obj is their choice nothing can anubody do about it that is just the way I see it.

I am not Obj follower or fan but I did not hate him I just see him as one of those bad politician but thank God all of them in this category are going out of our politics bit by bit and surely they will all fade away and we can have our peace.
Re: Ecowas Names Obasanjo Special Envoy To Cote D’ivoire Gbagbo time is up by andyanders: 4:42pm On Jan 10, 2011
HOW CAN EX-MILLITARY MAN MAKE PEACE. OBJ WILL ORDER MASS KILLING/FORCE TO TAKE OFF GBAGBO. MAKE THEM TAKE OBJ GO WAR FRONT AND THEY WILL KILL BABA IYABO. HE WILL ACT LIKE UDI CASE
Re: Ecowas Names Obasanjo Special Envoy To Cote D’ivoire Gbagbo time is up by Limaoscar: 4:45pm On Jan 10, 2011
Area father to the rescue, Laurent Gbagbo go take grin grin
Re: Ecowas Names Obasanjo Special Envoy To Cote D’ivoire Gbagbo time is up by 1025: 4:46pm On Jan 10, 2011
and what does this have to do with him being an envoy to ivory coast ?

@Bluetooth,
i find it difficult to understand how nigerians reason.
what moral justification does obj or jonathan have in medalling peace in cote d'ívoire?
what gbagbo is doing in ivory coast is exactly what obj tried and failed in his third term agenda. what will obj tell gbagbo? the crime of election mal-practicies/rigging is a native of nigeria and have become a culture under the pdp lead govt.
i v already lost my business in abidjan for the fear of nigeria's involvements. ivory coast is called petty paris - small paris and can never be compared to nigeria when it comes to basic arminities including security.
what pdp and nigeria shld be doing at the moment is finding a way to be like ivory coast and not finding a way to cause more problems in a peaceful country.
obj belongs to the zoo and has no moral standard to preach peace anywhere in this world unless in hell.
a president who cld not tell the citizens what happened to a siezed ship and who cld not tell his ppl who killed his attorney general is not worthy to be an envoy.
jonathan is a confussed man without destination or programmes for his ppl.
i expect nigeria to concentrate on how to have steady power supply like everyother country of this world and stop this deciet moves of theirs.
Re: Ecowas Names Obasanjo Special Envoy To Cote D’ivoire Gbagbo time is up by jmaine: 4:53pm On Jan 10, 2011
okeymadu:

Baba Iyabo only needs to eat pounded yam with that Gbagbo guy and the next thing is that the guy will find himself ousted.

Gbagbo is in BIG trouble 'cos Baba will only behave like a snake and wont even use force. One thing is sure: result we now come out the Baba way.

Rejoice Cote D'ivoire solution is near. For good or for bad.

~Bluetooth:

that one na osoba style.the mumu dey play local ayo with baba inside house and hin don lose election taytay. cry cry cry

OAM4J:

lol  grin

Even Okadigbo and Audu Ogbe never recovered from their last meal with Baba Iyabo

Una wan use laff break my ribs for here  grin grin grin grin grin. Nairaland, what a place to relax and have fun even though laced with some fights as well  wink
Re: Ecowas Names Obasanjo Special Envoy To Cote D’ivoire Gbagbo time is up by aljharem11(m): 4:56pm On Jan 10, 2011
redsun:

Africa is a doomed continent where all d statesmen and womem are not-so-smart criminals with d exception of a few like Mandela

u mean you are doomed, what do you mean africa is doomed undecided

is it because obj is special envoy to ecowas undecided

who should they put there jonathan undecided abegi

secondly i am in support of people saying the US want to use us a there weapon in africa, this man gbogbo has spent up 11 yrs in office why can't he live there so some else can take his place undecided is he the only one that knows how to rule the country or knows what is good for his country undecided

the so called 2million nigerians that are in ivory coast better come back home to nigeria if they do not want to be kill. period cool
Re: Ecowas Names Obasanjo Special Envoy To Cote D’ivoire Gbagbo time is up by Missy85(f): 4:56pm On Jan 10, 2011
sorry to hear about your business. I agree with one or two of your points but disagree with others.

Whether we like it or not, Nigeria is the senior partner in the Ecowas project - we effectively bankrole the organisation & its peace mission both in terms of personnel & cash. Cue Nigeria's widely acknowleged role in Liberia, and sierra leone. How can you the say we have no moral right to talk peacefully to both parties in Iv coast?
Re: Ecowas Names Obasanjo Special Envoy To Cote D’ivoire Gbagbo time is up by Nobody: 5:00pm On Jan 10, 2011
1025:

@Bluetooth,
what moral justification does obj or jonathan have in medalling peace in cote d'ívoire?
what gbagbo is doing in ivory coast is exactly what obj tried and failed in his third term agenda. what will obj tell gbagbo? the crime of election mal-practicies/rigging is a native of nigeria and have become a culture under the pdp lead govt.
i v already lost my business in abidjan for the fear of nigeria's involvements. ivory coast is called petty paris - small paris and can never be compared to nigeria when it comes to basic arminities including security.
what pdp and nigeria shld be doing at the moment is finding a way to be like ivory coast and not finding a way to cause more problems in a peaceful country.
obj belongs to the zoo and has no moral standard to preach peace anywhere in this world unless in hell.
a president who cld not tell the citizens what happened to a siezed ship and who cld not tell his ppl who killed his attorney general is not worthy to be an envoy.
i expect nigeria to concentrate on how to have steady power supply like everyother country of this world and stop this deciet moves of theirs.
You are the one thinking abnormal here.
Jonathan is operating as chairman of ECOWAS here and not president of Nigeria.this is a matter of diplomacy not the regular pdp vs Acn of naija politics.He is empowered by Ecowas charter to delegate envoy to troubling states withing the region and i see nothing wrong if obj happens to be the non-state actor he's appointing.
Re: Ecowas Names Obasanjo Special Envoy To Cote D’ivoire Gbagbo time is up by jmaine: 5:00pm On Jan 10, 2011
1025:

@Bluetooth,

Guy sharraap and leave this place. your opinion will not change the greatness of the gladiator named Aremu OBJ. it's unfortunate you are helpless in this case as your opinions goes just as far as your computer and ends just on this thread. take a glass of water for your disappointment on the choice of OBJ to reduce your blood pressure.
Re: Ecowas Names Obasanjo Special Envoy To Cote D’ivoire Gbagbo time is up by Missy85(f): 5:02pm On Jan 10, 2011
sorry to hear about your business. I agree with one or two of your points but disagree with others.

Whether we like it or not, Nigeria is the senior partner in the Ecowas project - we effectively bankrole the organisation & its peace mission both in terms of personnel & cash. Cue Nigeria's widely acknowleged role in Liberia, and sierra leone. How can you then say we have no moral right to talk peacefully to both parties in Iv coast?

Also I disagree that Obasanjo is not qualified to be a negotiator. You may not have liked him as your leader, but please mention just 2 African leaders who compare with Obasanjo in experience & longevity in the African geo-political scene.

I agree wwith you that it would be anomalous for nigeria to send troops into an independent country  that is prob in better shape than we are economically
Re: Ecowas Names Obasanjo Special Envoy To Cote D’ivoire Gbagbo time is up by violent(m): 5:10pm On Jan 10, 2011

Who is looking for moral justification? Ivory Coast is at the verge of  bloody civil war with millions of innocent lives at risk and you are looking for moral justification?

That OBJ had third term presidential ambition does not make him any less morally just than my neighbor who inflates the price of pure water just because he maintains monopoly in the market!
Like it or not, OBJ is the best man for the job given his experience in resolving crises in the past.  The UN knew of his indictments in various financial fraud cases in Nigeria and yet appoints him as a special envoy to the war torn democratic Republic of Congo.  

I am not holding briefs for him and I sincerely believe he ought to be punished if found guilty of  such indictments, but saying he isn't the man for the Job is not a reasonable conclusion.

ivory coast is called petty paris - small paris and can never be compared to nigeria when it comes to basic arminities including security.

This is where i realized how rétarded you are!
Re: Ecowas Names Obasanjo Special Envoy To Cote D’ivoire Gbagbo time is up by Olaedo1: 5:13pm On Jan 10, 2011
Everyone knows Obj is a paid agent of the CIA.If Gbagbo is smart, he would reject negotiations with Obj or else he'll do to him what he did to Charles Taylor.
Re: Ecowas Names Obasanjo Special Envoy To Cote D’ivoire Gbagbo time is up by aljharem11(m): 5:16pm On Jan 10, 2011
Ola edo:

[b]Everyone knows Obj is a paid agent of the CIA.[/b]If Gbagbo is smart, he would reject negotiations with Obj or else he'll do to him what he did to Charles Taylor.

this is the most annoying and stu.pid post on this trend,,,, can you give evidence that he is working for the CIA

what CIA undecided
Re: Ecowas Names Obasanjo Special Envoy To Cote D’ivoire Gbagbo time is up by violent(m): 5:19pm On Jan 10, 2011
I agree wwith you that it would be anomalous for nigeria to send troops into an independent country  that is prob in better shape than we are economically

First, Nigeria is NOT  planning to send troops to Ivory Coast, rather,  ECOWAS is considering doing so!  Nigeria is not Ecowas!

Second, what exactly do you mean that Ivory Coast is in a better shape economically? you should start by comparing Lagos and NOT Nigeria!
Re: Ecowas Names Obasanjo Special Envoy To Cote D’ivoire Gbagbo time is up by violent(m): 5:21pm On Jan 10, 2011
Ola edo:

Everyone knows Obj is a paid agent of the CIA.If Gbagbo is smart, he would reject negotiations with Obj or else he'll do to him what he did to Charles Taylor.

I've always thought you were merely dumb, now i realize you don't have brains at all!
Re: Ecowas Names Obasanjo Special Envoy To Cote D’ivoire Gbagbo time is up by aljharem11(m): 5:22pm On Jan 10, 2011
violent:

I've always thought you were merely dumb, now i realize you don't have brains at all!

Re: Ecowas Names Obasanjo Special Envoy To Cote D’ivoire Gbagbo time is up by violent(m): 5:24pm On Jan 10, 2011
alj harem1:

mumu, can u tell me how he is working for the CIA, give me facts and sources

i wasn't referring to you
Re: Ecowas Names Obasanjo Special Envoy To Cote D’ivoire Gbagbo time is up by aljharem11(m): 5:26pm On Jan 10, 2011
violent:

i wasn't referring to you

oh sorry embarassed

i will edit my post now smiley
Re: Ecowas Names Obasanjo Special Envoy To Cote D’ivoire Gbagbo time is up by soldee: 5:41pm On Jan 10, 2011
[size=14pt]Gbagbo to eat poundo wit Baba iyabo - [/size][size=18pt]The Last Supper[/size]  grin grin grin
Re: Ecowas Names Obasanjo Special Envoy To Cote D’ivoire Gbagbo time is up by philip0906(m): 5:52pm On Jan 10, 2011
c how everyone is scrambling around obj's sorry azz. . .pity undecided
Re: Ecowas Names Obasanjo Special Envoy To Cote D’ivoire Gbagbo time is up by Akainzo(m): 5:55pm On Jan 10, 2011
violent:

First, Nigeria is NOT  planning to send troops to Ivory Coast, rather,  ECOWAS is considering doing so!  Nigeria is not Ecowas!

So which country is 'ECOWAS' that is sending troops to Cote d'Ivoire?  Hmm should in case ECOWAS send troops like ECOMOG to Cote d'Ivoire, from which country would majority of the troops come from?
Re: Ecowas Names Obasanjo Special Envoy To Cote D’ivoire Gbagbo time is up by 5STAR(m): 5:58pm On Jan 10, 2011
If Gbagbo steps down, he will probably be given presidential invitation to Naija, Intro Charles Taylor , Part 2, ghen ghennn! grin grin
Re: Ecowas Names Obasanjo Special Envoy To Cote D’ivoire Gbagbo time is up by redsun(m): 6:01pm On Jan 10, 2011
What qualifies african leaders?Epic corruption,looting,coup and gross backwardness.OBJ epitomizes d above stated qualities
Re: Ecowas Names Obasanjo Special Envoy To Cote D’ivoire Gbagbo time is up by Nobody: 6:10pm On Jan 10, 2011
Akainzo:

So which country is 'ECOWAS' that is sending troops to Cote d'Ivoire?  Hmm should in case ECOWAS send troops like ECOMOG to Cote d'Ivoire, from which country would majority of the troops come from?
and what has all these jargon has to do with the main discussion here ?
Re: Ecowas Names Obasanjo Special Envoy To Cote D’ivoire Gbagbo time is up by philip0906(m): 6:14pm On Jan 10, 2011
redsun:

What qualifies african leaders?Epic corruption,looting,coup and gross backwardness.OBJ epitomizes d above stated qualities
unfortunately,some folks c him as a hero. . .pity
Re: Ecowas Names Obasanjo Special Envoy To Cote D’ivoire Gbagbo time is up by sley4life(m): 6:15pm On Jan 10, 2011
obj has turned a peace maker
Re: Ecowas Names Obasanjo Special Envoy To Cote D’ivoire Gbagbo time is up by aljharem11(m): 6:18pm On Jan 10, 2011
redsun:

philip0906:

Mr redsun and philip0906, who would you pick i would like to know
thank you
Re: Ecowas Names Obasanjo Special Envoy To Cote D’ivoire Gbagbo time is up by victorazy(m): 6:22pm On Jan 10, 2011
Let him go and bring that sturbon man Gbahagbo here to invest and leave like his friend Charlse Tellor
Re: Ecowas Names Obasanjo Special Envoy To Cote D’ivoire Gbagbo time is up by Nobody: 6:28pm On Jan 10, 2011
philip0906:

when was the last time nigerians acknowledge one of them as a hero if not to rubbish him/her because they are not from their region or tribe ?
the fact is obj has faults but he has contributed to Africa unity than any other nigerian personality.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Diezani’s $40m Jewellery: Court Adjourns Till Sept. 2 / Fayose’s N6.9 Billion Fraud Trial Stalled By Absence Of Trial Judge / FBI Released Whatsapp Conversation Between Super Cop Abba Kyari And Hushpuppi.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.