Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,394 members, 7,917,246 topics. Date: Saturday, 10 August 2024 at 08:50 PM

The 4 Most Common Yet Painful Types Of Cheating In A Relationship - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The 4 Most Common Yet Painful Types Of Cheating In A Relationship (544 Views)

The 4 Different Types Of Men In Every Relationship / Things Ladies Do When They Are Cheating In Relationship / Man Catches His Wife Cheating In Hotel, Disgraces & Batters Her Publicly (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The 4 Most Common Yet Painful Types Of Cheating In A Relationship by tkgz(m): 8:41pm On May 01, 2020
Cheating is a heartbreaking thing to discover. It’s not as simple as just $ex however, as there are several types of cheating in a relationship.

Cheating isn’t usually black or white, and the grey areas are never easy to read. But however you look at it, there are a few main types of cheating in a relationship that brings the relationship to a grinding halt.

If you’ve ever been cheated on in the past, you’ll know how heartbreaking it is. Everything is suddenly turned on its head and the security and comfort you thought you had in your relationship is gone. You can’t look at your partner in the same way and you have a huge decision to make about whether to continue the relationship, or end it there and then.

What should you do if you’ve been cheated?

There is no right or wrong answer to what you should do about the situation when you discover your partner has cheated on you. It’s a very personal choice and a decision you have to make for yourself.

Everyone will interject and try and tell you to leave, and that’s something you should expect, but you should also take the time to work out how you feel, give yourself time, and come to your own final decision in the end.

I’ll be honest, I was cheated on. It broke my heart into a million pieces, shattered my trust, ruined my self-confidence, and took me a long time to get over, but I didn’t leave him. I know, you’re all looking confused right now and shaking your heads.

But my point is, the decision over whether to stay or go is a personal one, and nobody else can make it for you. My decision worked out in the end; our relationship went from strength to strength after a rocky patch, and I actually came out stronger in the end too. I don’t regret my decision to stay, but I can also completely appreciate that some people wouldn’t be able to. [Read: 15 Topics to Talk about with a Girl Over Text & Get Her Interested]

I wouldn’t judge either way. If this happens to you, I say do what you feel is right. And those around you, if they love you, they will stand by you and support you regardless. Sure, they’ll let their feelings known, but they’re only doing it because they care.

Cheating is more than just physical

It’s important to realize that there are several types of cheating in a relationship and not just the physical. We tend to think that a partner has had sex with someone else when we hear the word ‘cheating’ but what cheating is to one person, is actually totally fine with someone else.

For instance, do you think that kissing someone else is cheating?

Some people say no, some say yes. For me, yes, it is.

As you can see, you have to figure out what you deem cheating to be and where your boundaries are. You should also realize that if cheating does happen to you, your boundaries and the way you think about it all may shift. That’s fine too, go with what feels right at the time.

To help you figure out where you stand on cheating and the different definitions, let’s check out the four main types of cheating in a relationship in a bit more detail.

The main types of cheating in a relationship

I should point out before I go on that you might decide there are several other types of cheating in a relationship besides the four I’m going to describe. This is because, as I’ve already said, everyone has different boundaries and decides what is cheating versus what isn’t.

Read More: https://examprestige.com/cheating-in-a-relationship

(1) (Reply)

True Meaning Of Wealth / She Caught Me In Bed With Her Sister / How Can One Forget About Ones Ex Gf

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.