Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,196 members, 7,880,731 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 04:51 AM

Archbishop Chukwuma Lambasts Igbo Republican Nature: Look At Yoruba, Hausa As Mo - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Archbishop Chukwuma Lambasts Igbo Republican Nature: Look At Yoruba, Hausa As Mo (1519 Views)

Bishop Emmanuel Chukwuma Holds Church Service, Dares Government On Lockdown / Margaret Idahosa Cries, Visits Archbishop Idahosa's Mausoleum / Archbishop Obinna Attacked In Imo Catholic Church During Mbata's Burial (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Archbishop Chukwuma Lambasts Igbo Republican Nature: Look At Yoruba, Hausa As Mo by MetaPhysical: 9:55pm On May 01, 2020
Archbishop of Enugu Province, Anglican Communion, Most Rev, Emmanuel Chukwuma had scored Igbo leaders low for being self centered and selfish, saying that the leadership is in shambles.

The Bishop, who spoke, yesterday, in Enugu, while privately marking his 30th anniversary as Bishop at Bishop’s court, pointed out that until Ndigbo trust themselves and bring out somebody as their leader and trust him and he himself will know that a trust has been bestowed on him, “we cannot move forward.”

While regretting the “extreme marginalisation of South East from Nigeria”, Chukwuma, who thanked God for his mercies on him, urged national assembly members of Igbo extraction to come together in one voice and fight for a common cause to move forward.

The Igbo leadership is in shambles, they have not shown good leadership in the sense that this is the only area where people don’t appreciate leadership.

“We don’t have respect for the elders. The Hausa and Yoruba will have a leader and follow their leaders but Igbo, it’s difficult to really get a leader to follow because either followers don’t have the trust or the leaders themselves are self centered and selfish. That is the problem.

“Until we are able to trust ourselves and bring out somebody who is a leader and trust him and he himself knows that a trust has been bestowed on him and try to be firm and sincere, we cannot move forward.

“Look at the politicians from the southeast who called themselves leaders, they have never come together to discuss about southeast and together fight for it.

“They are speaking individually. They don’t even come to their constituency to ask questions. Many of us don’t even know them or see a House of Reps member coming to address us. It’s a shame.

3'
Archbishop Chukwuma
Home » News » Igbo leadership in shambles — Archbishop Chukwuma
Igbo leadership in shambles — Archbishop Chukwuma
ON APRIL 30, 202010:43 AMIN NEWS
By Chinedu Adonu
Archbishop of Enugu Province, Anglican Communion, Most Rev, Emmanuel Chukwuma had scored Igbo leaders low for being self centered and selfish, saying that the leadership is in shambles.

The Bishop, who spoke, yesterday, in Enugu, while privately marking his 30th anniversary as Bishop at Bishop’s court, pointed out that until Ndigbo trust themselves and bring out somebody as their leader and trust him and he himself will know that a trust has been bestowed on him, “we cannot move forward.”

While regretting the “extreme marginalisation of South East from Nigeria”, Chukwuma, who thanked God for his mercies on him, urged national assembly members of Igbo extraction to come together in one voice and fight for a common cause to move forward.

“The Igbo leadership is in shambles, they have not shown good leadership in the sense that this is the only area where people don’t appreciate leadership.

READ ALSO: Igbo, Reno Omokri clash over coronavirus
“We don’t have respect for the elders. The Hausa and Yoruba will have a leader and follow their leaders but Igbo, it’s difficult to really get a leader to follow because either followers don’t have the trust or the leaders themselves are self centered and selfish. That is the problem.

“Until we are able to trust ourselves and bring out somebody who is a leader and trust him and he himself knows that a trust has been bestowed on him and try to be firm and sincere, we cannot move forward.

“Look at the politicians from the southeast who called themselves leaders, they have never come together to discuss about southeast and together fight for it.

“They are speaking individually. They don’t even come to their constituency to ask questions. Many of us don’t even know them or see a House of Reps member coming to address us. It’s a shame.

“I glorify God today because I have legacies which I will be remembered with. I built a cathedral and bishop’s court in Bauchi and Enugu States respectively. I built St. Peter Cathedral in Gombe, hospitals and schools.

“I had a serious challenge when I was in Bauchi, when my church and parish house were burnt down by mobs. My security man was killed and many other properties were destroyed. That was when I started building a cathedral and bishop’s court at the same time because I was living in a rented house. It was a very great task on me but with the help of Gen. Danjuma, Gen. Useni and many of the Christian generals in the Army, I was able to accomplish it.

“In 1998, I was transferred to Enugu and was able get myself through from the conspiracy and challenges of achieving success by building a Bishop’s court, a cathedral and a congregation school “Bethel” at colliery quarters and created 12 Diocese which are under me.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2020/04/igbo-leadership-in-shambles-archbishop-chukwuma/amp/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Archbishop Chukwuma Lambasts Igbo Republican Nature: Look At Yoruba, Hausa As Mo by Nobody: 9:57pm On May 01, 2020
Igbo amaka

cc lzaa itooworwor

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Archbishop Chukwuma Lambasts Igbo Republican Nature: Look At Yoruba, Hausa As Mo by Jerrypolo(m): 10:01pm On May 01, 2020
As funny as the lord bishop is sounding, he has spoken nothing but the truth.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Archbishop Chukwuma Lambasts Igbo Republican Nature: Look At Yoruba, Hausa As Mo by mrvitalis(m): 10:04pm On May 01, 2020
Respect is earned in igboland ...apart from Peter obi no Igbo leader has earned our respect in politics

Pascal Dozie and bath nnaji are both respected and leafing our economic reform

The bishop can complain all he wants we won't worship anyone

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Archbishop Chukwuma Lambasts Igbo Republican Nature: Look At Yoruba, Hausa As Mo by ItooWorWor(m): 10:14pm On May 01, 2020
imhotep:
Igbo amaka
cc lzaa itooworwor
Igbo Kwenu grin grin

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Archbishop Chukwuma Lambasts Igbo Republican Nature: Look At Yoruba, Hausa As Mo by Nobody: 10:21pm On May 01, 2020
ItooWorWor:

Igbo Kwenu grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Archbishop Chukwuma Lambasts Igbo Republican Nature: Look At Yoruba, Hausa As Mo by SpecialAdviser(m): 10:21pm On May 01, 2020
mrvitalis:
Respect is earned in igboland ...apart from Peter obi no Igbo leader has earned our respect in politics

Don't mind him. This nature made us complexly unique and made us prosper individually without looking up to anybody.
Respect is earned and not meant for any oppressor.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Archbishop Chukwuma Lambasts Igbo Republican Nature: Look At Yoruba, Hausa As Mo by Iamgrey5(m): 10:22pm On May 01, 2020
Me and you

Again

One on one

Again!

Fun won ni leg over masika cheesy
Re: Archbishop Chukwuma Lambasts Igbo Republican Nature: Look At Yoruba, Hausa As Mo by DontCough: 10:27pm On May 01, 2020
mrvitalis:

The moment you people start to see the importance in leadership, the better for you.
Even if you realize your Biafra today but continue to live with the mentality of not fuvking with your leaders, you people will suffer.

1 Like

Re: Archbishop Chukwuma Lambasts Igbo Republican Nature: Look At Yoruba, Hausa As Mo by Herdsmen: 10:27pm On May 01, 2020
Iamgrey5:
Shebi the bishop is from Ibadan

He is among the Chukumas of ibadan.

Yes na chukwuma na igbo man.. and what’s the op business with igbos?

He don’t have to sneaky about his intentions on this thread.

So let’s begin the tribal bashing without beating round ..
After all nairaland love igbo bashing thread.. promoting tribalism..

Let’s get dirty
you understand the reasons for the thread..

Bayerebe’s

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Archbishop Chukwuma Lambasts Igbo Republican Nature: Look At Yoruba, Hausa As Mo by DontCough: 10:29pm On May 01, 2020
The Igbos are a great tribe, if only negativities can be shed off their mind.
Re: Archbishop Chukwuma Lambasts Igbo Republican Nature: Look At Yoruba, Hausa As Mo by mrvitalis(m): 10:30pm On May 01, 2020
DontCough:

The moment you people start to see the importance in leadership, the better for you.
Even if you realize your Biafra today but continue to live with the mentality of not fuvking with your leaders, you people will suffer.
We see Republicans ....our president would be less powerful ...only international affairs n defence ...power would be close to the base ....that was how we lived for 1000d of years

We are capitalist so chill we would be so fine it scares you guys

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Archbishop Chukwuma Lambasts Igbo Republican Nature: Look At Yoruba, Hausa As Mo by DontCough: 10:33pm On May 01, 2020
mrvitalis:

We see Republicans ....our president would be less powerful ...only international affairs n defence ...power would be close to the base ....that was how we lived for 1000d of years

We are capitalist so chill we would be so fine it scares you guys
My man, it's so easy to imagine oneself in great riches but realizing the riches in real life is very difficult.
It is good to dream.
Re: Archbishop Chukwuma Lambasts Igbo Republican Nature: Look At Yoruba, Hausa As Mo by DontCough: 10:36pm On May 01, 2020
Herdsmen:

Yoruba are wonderful tribe only if Negativities can be shed off their DNA.. grin

Typical Yoruba boy!

Dan Bayerebe grin

I know when to reply trolls and when not to, your reply tells about sentiments living in your head, especially with that moniker.
Re: Archbishop Chukwuma Lambasts Igbo Republican Nature: Look At Yoruba, Hausa As Mo by mrvitalis(m): 10:37pm On May 01, 2020
DontCough:

My man, it's so easy to imagine oneself in great riches but realizing the riches in real life is very difficult.
It is good to dream.
Dream what ... something we already practice ...it's scaling up that's left
Re: Archbishop Chukwuma Lambasts Igbo Republican Nature: Look At Yoruba, Hausa As Mo by DontCough: 10:38pm On May 01, 2020
mrvitalis:

Dream what ... something we already practice ...it's scaling up that's left
Alright, I wish you good luck.
Re: Archbishop Chukwuma Lambasts Igbo Republican Nature: Look At Yoruba, Hausa As Mo by PureGoldh(m): 10:40pm On May 01, 2020
Make I no talk wetin dey my mind first
Re: Archbishop Chukwuma Lambasts Igbo Republican Nature: Look At Yoruba, Hausa As Mo by Herdsmen: 10:41pm On May 01, 2020
DontCough:

I know when to reply trolls and when not to, your reply tells about sentiments living in your head, especially with that moniker.

Typical son of a Yoruba father. grin
Re: Archbishop Chukwuma Lambasts Igbo Republican Nature: Look At Yoruba, Hausa As Mo by MetaPhysical: 10:42pm On May 01, 2020
Herdsmen:
Yoruba won’t eat, if they’ve not reason igbos..

Now you mention Igbo ... hope say your prick don finally rise

Bayerebe’s

Funny humans

grin grin grin

Afonjaa!!!
Re: Archbishop Chukwuma Lambasts Igbo Republican Nature: Look At Yoruba, Hausa As Mo by Yebosola(m): 10:42pm On May 01, 2020
SpecialAdviser:

Don't mind him. This nature made us complexly unique and made us prosper individually without looking up to anybody.
Respect is earned and not meant for any oppressor.

U are not far from what d clergyman is saying, learn to listen to your elders, what he sees sitting down, if u climb the tallest tress, u won't see anything.

1 Like

Re: Archbishop Chukwuma Lambasts Igbo Republican Nature: Look At Yoruba, Hausa As Mo by Iamgrey5(m): 10:43pm On May 01, 2020
Herdsmen:

Yes na chukwuma na igbo man.. and what’s the op business with igbos?
He don’t have to sneaky about his intentions on this thread.
So let’s begin the tribal bashing without beating round .. After all nairaland love igbo bashing thread.. promoting tribalism..
Let’s get dirty you understand the reasons for the thread..
Bayerebe’s
Cry me river
So you are oblivious of the fact that your brothers do the same thing.
Re: Archbishop Chukwuma Lambasts Igbo Republican Nature: Look At Yoruba, Hausa As Mo by omonnakoda: 10:47pm On May 01, 2020
What Republican nature?
A people that never evolved politically beyond the clan or umunna level?

By the way how Republican are Eri,Arochukwu, Oguta or Onitsha?

2 Likes

Re: Archbishop Chukwuma Lambasts Igbo Republican Nature: Look At Yoruba, Hausa As Mo by Herdsmen: 10:47pm On May 01, 2020
MetaPhysical:

grin grin grin

Afonjaa!!!

Afonja don stale.. wink

Bayerebe grin ... the northerners name for Yoruba descents grin
Re: Archbishop Chukwuma Lambasts Igbo Republican Nature: Look At Yoruba, Hausa As Mo by Yankee101: 10:50pm On May 01, 2020
Yep

Yorubas have Tinubu and he gives leadership (good or bad)

Hausas have too many to count

But even Ekuweme, Ojukwu, while alive, had stiff opposition

No unity, no winning

When the king of many and the king of power meet, the king of many eventually wins (Sarkin yawa da sarkin karfi)
Re: Archbishop Chukwuma Lambasts Igbo Republican Nature: Look At Yoruba, Hausa As Mo by MetaPhysical: 10:52pm On May 01, 2020
Ibo has no king. We are republicans.

We refuse to follow leadership, we are individualistic and dont care about collectivism.

1 Like

Re: Archbishop Chukwuma Lambasts Igbo Republican Nature: Look At Yoruba, Hausa As Mo by Ojiofor: 10:53pm On May 01, 2020
Whenever a genuine and honest leadership emerge in Igboland we shall trust and support them but for now they are on their own.
Re: Archbishop Chukwuma Lambasts Igbo Republican Nature: Look At Yoruba, Hausa As Mo by MetaPhysical: 10:54pm On May 01, 2020
omonnakoda:
What Republican nature?
A people that never evolved politically beyond the clan or umunna level?

By the way how Republican are Eri,Arochukwu, Oguta or Onitsha?

You are jealous of our republican nature. grin

Afonjaa!!

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Can A Christian Drink Alcohol ?? / Why Can Black Magic Not Give Correct Football Scores / I Wonder Why Afrikaans Don't Sight Aliens?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.