Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,334 members, 7,971,186 topics. Date: Thursday, 10 October 2024 at 03:07 AM

You Love Your Your Job But Hate How Much Money You Earn? ( Your One Way Out ) - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / You Love Your Your Job But Hate How Much Money You Earn? ( Your One Way Out ) (224 Views)

N200k/month Earning Is No Longer The Way Out / How Much Money Do You Have To Make Monthly To Be Considered Rich In Nigeria / Guys, Never Look This Way If You Want To Keep Your Job In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

You Love Your Your Job But Hate How Much Money You Earn? ( Your One Way Out ) by phantomiced(m): 2:29pm On May 02, 2020
[img][/img][img][/img][img][/img][img][/img][img][/img]
You love what you do, but hate how much money you are making.

You love your career but at this early stage, you are still "gaining" experience.

You know deep down in your heart that your carer is a passion for you, you are one of the lucky ones in Nigeria who actually makes money ( no matter how little) from doing a job you went to school for.

In this economy, you are blessed. - It is sha beginning to take too long.

You can turn down "bank" jobs because you know it would be miserable and you know you can lose that at any time and wouldn't find joy doing it.

How do I know this so well, - because this was my life.

The only way to endure this period as you await that "dream job" in or field is to start a profitable side hustle.

A passion project.

One that helps you build other high income skills while you still get better at your day job.

One reason people fail at the Side hustle thing is they look for what Pays and not something to can enjoy doing.

If your side hustle is not something that you would come home tired but excited to give two hours a day to, then you shouldn't do it at all because you would quit.

For 2 years post MSc. in a job I loved I was depressed, anxious and my mental health was a mess.

I was working with my MSc but earning less than 80,000 Naira monthly. ( No matter how much I worked...still i consider myself one of the lucky ones).

I got a 10,000 Naira raise once in two years.

Even without a luxurious lifestyle, Ii was always broke two weeks after pay day and every short cut Get-Rich-Quick scheme I tried failed horribly.

I lost money, time and at one point I was so depressed I almost ended my life.

I know I had it better than most people but still I felt helpless as my life seemed to have "stalled".

If you can relate to this - trust me, You are not alone.

In the past 13 months of building my side hustle i have found that Most youths 23 - 34 around the world feel this same fears and it is worst in Nigeria.

Unless you are skilled, multi-talented, connected or worse into illegal activities - you wont earn "huge" money overnight.

keep trying - it wont work - I lost 4 years trying every short cut ( including some illegal ones and got burnt badly - by my conscience and the law of the land)

I began to hate my job so much I started looking for something else legal and lucrative so I could quit my job.

I started looking for a side hustle that would make me huge capital over time - make sense and that I could earn from.

some things I have done as side hustles over the years:-

1. Writing research projects for Msc students
2. Doing assignments and taking online tests for friends
3. making maps and getting paid

All this was short term and getting jobs was not even assured - I had a full time job so the mental energy to do this was tasking also.

I realized that no matter how hard i tried to find money short term I lost.

I needed to build something I enjoyed doing. That is the only way to build a side income.

Affiliate marketing is the only business model that does this perfectly.

The problem?

A lot of people are teaching nonsense online and once you have your hopes raised by the "paypal" results you start losing money until you quit 3 months or two weeks in.

I fell for that trap too but after I almost lost my life I did something different that you can do to.

I told myself the truth - I need help - I needed someone to tell me the truth.

and one truth that separates the successful employees with side hustles and those struggling and quitting at everything?

One chose to pursue money, the other planned long term and build side hustles around things they loved.

It is true for Bill gates, Mark Zuckerberg and that person you know who enjoys what they do and earn money as a result of getting better at it everyday.

I decided to building a side hustle doing something I am good at and would love to get better at.

which is "personal development" and "passive income online".

No matter how tired I am after my day job, I would still enjoy reading some new books or taking a course on passive income and personal development as they are helping me grow and I love it.

Why should you work a day job that is fun or not fun during the day and want to do a side hustle doing something you do not enjoy?

Does not make any sense.

Build a side hustle around what you enjoy doing.

That is the only way you enjoy the work and stay distracted while the time passes.

You are building two amazing streams of income - your personal business and your career ( You are building experience CV points)>

You can find passion by doing what you love by the side just cutting away a little bit of fun from your life.

would it be worth it? yes

would it be hard? a little

would you have fun?- most definitely.

I would not tell you what to do because it is ultimately left to you.

I have been there but there is a better alternative.

Pick books that you enjoy reading,

ignore all the noise on social media

This is your life and only you can do anything about it.

Believe it or not - no one is coming to save you.

I built my side hustle around Affiliate marketing and I created a FREE 7 day Email marketing course you can register for here.

https://aw1697f3.aweberpages.com/p/1697559d-6c31-437a-a389-eda2e759c51c

If it is not something that interests you, still sign up to my email list - I am always taking online courses and sharing other bits of information that would help you you with personal development and making money passively online.

cc: Pushkin, naijacuitee, FOD, dominique ( Thanks for all you do on this platform)

(1) (Reply)

Please Be My Angel / Professional Cleaning Service Available For You / You Will Need The GSM Database, Email Database And Business Directories Database

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.