Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,332 members, 7,943,826 topics. Date: Monday, 09 September 2024 at 04:57 AM

A True-life Contact With The Rainbow: A Must Read. - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / A True-life Contact With The Rainbow: A Must Read. (354 Views)

One Nigeria Is Still Achievable! A True Life Story. / Beautiful Pictures Of A Rainbow Round The Sun Today In Ekpoma (a Sun Halo) / The Fall And Rise Of The Benin Empire: A Must Read (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A True-life Contact With The Rainbow: A Must Read. by tonykel1(m): 7:37pm On May 02, 2020
As a young boy who grew up in the midst of the very old, I heard different tales about the source of the rainbow. I was such an inquisitive young man who wanted to unravel the mystery behind anything shrouded in secrecy and that was of interest to me.

On the subject ‘The Rainbow’, I was told my grandmother that it emanates from the yawning of the sea serpent. For this reason, it is difficult to see its and beginning and end. As a young man, I swallow everything hook, line, and sinker until the very fateful day I had a physical encounter with the source of the rainbow in a thick and dark forest.

On that fateful day, I accompanied one of my friends by the name; Johnbull to their farm which was sited on a high mountain. The route passes through a relatively thick forest. We did some little work and harvested some yams and made set to go back when we observed that the weather had changed and it was about to rain. The sky was heavy with the cloud that it can easily be passed for nightfall. We hurriedly left the farm in an attempt to at least pass the forest before the rain will start to drop.

As we depart the forest and made our way through the forest, Johnbull (I later got to know is allergic to darkness) took to his heels. The forest was so dark that you can barely see the footpath. Being left alone, I made up my mind to walk through the forest even with the threatening of heavy thunder strikes and lightning. It was not too long after I was alone, trying to find my way out of the thick and darkened forest that I sighted a thick colored smoke-like substance coming out from the ground beside a huge tree.

I was taken aback at first but moved closer to touch the smoke-like substance out of curiosity. It disperses at my touch and continued the upward movement. The source of the substance could not be seen because of the reflective color concentrate and intensity which covers the base. I watched it goes up as I begin to move away from it and out of the forest. I kept looking back at it from time to time till I caught up with Johnbull and narrated my encounter with the rainbow which I pointed out to him in the sky.

On getting home, I narrated my encounter with my Father and pointed out the rainbow to him. I was shocked when my father told me that if I had looked carefully and intensely, that I would have seen a diamond stone by a Python. He further went to narrate how a bold man once took such diamond stone which later in life became the source of the man’s stupendous wealth. The rainbow according to him is the yawning of a mysterious python. The presence of the diamond disperses and segregates the colors. It is a rare occurrence to be sighted.

Please, share your thought on this.
Re: A True-life Contact With The Rainbow: A Must Read. by seunlayi(m): 8:14pm On May 02, 2020
Actually interesting piece to me

(1) (Reply)

Kalabari Kingdom Homemade Facebook Group A.k.a The Future Breaker's / Real Reasons(s) Why Daddy Freeze Should Be Left Alone! / POUNDED YAM: More Than A Food To The Yorubas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.