Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,808 members, 7,912,229 topics. Date: Tuesday, 06 August 2024 at 02:02 AM

Life After The Lockdown: My Take - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Life After The Lockdown: My Take (218 Views)

Four Days Of Phone Lockdown: My Experience / Man Runs For His Life After Snake He Was Trying To Kill Aimed For His Joystick / Unidentified Boy Battling For His Life After Accident In Kogi (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Life After The Lockdown: My Take by powerlays: 1:57pm On May 03, 2020
I believe no one here ever imagined all that have happened in 2020 so far as at December 2019. Yet, here we are. And regardless of all that's happening, life must go on.

No doubt, the Corona Virus Pandemic has exposed the frailty of all human systems - certain things are beyond us.

Luckily for us, we have history to guide us as this is not the first pandemic. There were others in the past that claimed hundreds of million lives. And the world still survived them. Clearly, we will survive this too. Keep hope alive.

*Nigerian Reality*

Our Nigerian experience of managing the pandemic has exposed our leadership crisis even further. From Federal to State to LG (if the last rung actually exists), we have witnessed all kinds of dysfunctional ideas, the worst being that of not closing borders and airspace on time. Sadly, all that is spilt milk now because the damage is already done.

*Relaxation of Lockdown*

Even with the lockdown order, Covid19 still managed to switch to *Community Transmission* stage in several States like Lagos, Abuja and the FCT. The implications of this are grave, especially with the attendant spike in numbers and the place of Lagos in the South and Kano in the North.

*THE MUST IMPORTANT INGREDIENTS FOR LIFE AFTER THE LOCKDOWN ARE*:

1. ALERTNESS

Relaxation of the lockdown doesn't mean the virus has gone on break. As a matter of fact, it means we are all being asked to go and face it.

To be alert therefore is to not let your guard down with regards to all preventive and hygiene measures.

2. COMMONSENSE

In the real sense of it, this is when everything we have learnt about Social Distancing will be tested. The question is: will we have the commonsense to stick to the codes? Commonsense they say is not common.

3. DIGITAL ADAPTABILITY

Before now, digital disruptions had already begun to impact the way we live (biz and other relationships). If you haven't started thinking of living online before, this is the time to adapt. The future is entirely digital. To be rigid is to be left behind. We must adapt every skill and expertise to this digital reality now more than ever. Move or consolidate your biz online now!

4. MORE SAVINGS

There's hardly anyone who the lockdown hasn't exposed in this area (I think I'm number one here!). Starting from Monday, it has become clearer that we can't spend it all as usual.

Covid19 has exposed the vanities of life even more. We must now invest in what truly matters: assets that yield returns.

5. GREATER FAITH IN GOD

In times like this we need an anchor. Who else do you run to in a sick world with failed systems and govts? The only assurance of Peace and Hope is a deep faith and connection to the Almighty God.

------------

These are some of things I believe we need to imbibe in the days ahead.

As Jack Ma aptly noted recently, 2020 is that year where we should think about survival first before anything else.

Do not let poor govt thinking give you a false sense of security. Of course, the economics of survival needs to go on in a country where most people survive on daily returns, but your ultimate goal is to stay alive first so you can pursue all your life goals when this storm is over.

God bless all Nairalanders/Nigerians. Amen

1 Like

Re: Life After The Lockdown: My Take by Nettybrown(m): 2:05pm On May 03, 2020
Hmmm....
Re: Life After The Lockdown: My Take by falcon01: 2:44pm On May 03, 2020
you can't join common sense and Faith in God, you either have faith or have common sense

1 Like

Re: Life After The Lockdown: My Take by powerlays: 3:10pm On May 03, 2020
falcon01:
you can't join common sense and Faith in God, you either have faith or have common sense

Point taken

But wait, are you saying people who demonstrate faith in God shouldn't have commonsense?

Does having faith in God clash with following commonsense social distancing codes?

Pls help my understanding

(1) (Reply)

Beware Of Wrong Advice.(lady). / How Greedy GTB Workers Demand Money From Customers To Gain Entrance Into Banking / Obasa V Sahara Reporters: Time To Act Is Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.