Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,738 members, 7,882,548 topics. Date: Sunday, 07 July 2024 at 08:25 AM

Catching A Phone Thief (photo) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Catching A Phone Thief (photo) (1161 Views)

I Have Lured, Drugged, Robbed Over 30 Women – Alleged Serial Thief (Photo) / Wife: Sunday-David Umoh Was Lynched, Burnt To Death Like Common Thief (Photo) / I Want To Go Back To Prison To Rest – Lagos Thief (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Catching A Phone Thief (photo) by NotAsheeple: 12:59am On May 04, 2020
I'd try to keep this as short as I can kindly ignore all typos.

My phone got stolen and I'm trying to catch the suspect and I need your advice on the best way to catch the suspect.

On the day the phone was stolen, It was just I and the suspect that were in the place although another person could have entered to steal the device but that was kinda unlikely.

I'm suspecting the suspect for the following reasons:

1. As soon as I raised an alarm about the missing device, he stripped down to his boxers without me telling him to do such and he started searching his bag. This meant nothing to me at first but days after giving it much thought I figured he could have done that to remove all suspicions on him... and he did great cos I totally believed he didn't do it as he seemed like a religious person (learn't my "TRUST NO ONE LESSON" the hard way I guess).

2. I made the mistake of making it clear that I'd track the device which I began, using the google find my phone app (which is a very useless app I must say) as all I got was the last location of the device which was the crime scene. The suspect began asking various questions about possible ways the thief could get away and I was giving answers stupidly. Also, I had my Bluetooth speaker, laptop, and one small phone with me but none was touched and this got me thinking "He stole the most valuable and portable device I had... the phone was an easy target, portable (at least more than the laptop) and in it's own little way valuable". Finally, the suspect left and he collected my number which I gave to him as he said he'd like to follow up on the case.

3. About 5 days after the incident, around 9pm till about 6am the google find my phone app showed that the phone was online, but didn't give me the exact location. I was so pissed but shockingly, the suspect called me at about 5pm the following day and asked how far with the phone and if I was still tracking the phone which I replied no and he was almost begging me to track the device that he's really interested in the case and I said I'd try. This seemed like a good Samaritan kinda situation but i asked myself, what if he had done something to the phone so I won't be able to track it and to confirm my doubts the lame google find my phone app has been giving an error message of "couldn't connect device" since then and it's going to three weeks now and Mr Suspect the good Samaritan is yet to call back to know what's up.

I really want to catch the thief cos the loss of phone has affected a lot in my life, most of my academic materials are on the device among other very
important and sensitive items I have on it. PS I have the receipt and phone pack with me to prove ownership.
Please advice.
Below are pictures of the device info

Re: Catching A Phone Thief (photo) by jadeliyi(m): 1:34am On May 04, 2020
get the phone case the receipt visit any SARS office nearby, follow their instruction you get your phone back.
Re: Catching A Phone Thief (photo) by Golden1982(f): 4:37am On May 04, 2020
call 08037111012 he helped me with mine
Re: Catching A Phone Thief (photo) by Lanretoye(m): 5:52am On May 04, 2020
Pls get another phone and move on cos I don’t think it is worth the stress...some people can find their 1naira with 1thousand naira which I believe is penny wise pounds foolish.

1 Like

Re: Catching A Phone Thief (photo) by Exmilitant(m): 6:55am On May 04, 2020
Network providers do track phones that is if the thief has not tampered with it.
Re: Catching A Phone Thief (photo) by illicit(m): 7:29am On May 04, 2020
report at the nearest police station
Re: Catching A Phone Thief (photo) by cassidy1996(m): 9:33am On May 04, 2020
just forget and move on, that thief don carry all your problem....karma is always around
sorry for your loss.
Re: Catching A Phone Thief (photo) by charles009(m): 4:17pm On May 04, 2020
i have an advise for you.

Sometime in my uni days in 2003, As regular guyman we were smoking crack, then suddenly one guy shouted. He had lost his phone. I immediately started the ginger, I literally led the search. midway into this search, the lady with us whispered, the guy is suspecting YOU. haba, i was weak to the bones and marrow, i was totally disappointed. I confronted him and gave him a piece of my mind and left. Days after he found the phone, the mans son stole the phone. Till today he still asking for forgiveness.
you can draw whatever conclusion you wish from this story.

1 Like

Re: Catching A Phone Thief (photo) by Akwaibomdude(m): 4:45pm On May 04, 2020
Get yourself another phone,it's not worth the stress
Re: Catching A Phone Thief (photo) by Stokeontrent: 5:38pm On May 04, 2020
You can register the phone details in myAssetLookup to help with the recovery.

https://myAssetLookup.com
https://myAssetLookup.com/download (for apple and android phones).

(1) (Reply)

Every Police In Nigeria Should Wear A Body Cam / Two Boys Allegedly Assault A Girl For Refusing Their Proposal Graphics Photo 18+ / Nigerian Lady Raped By Her Pastor And Several Others Shares Heartbreaking Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.