Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,048 members, 7,899,729 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 July 2024 at 06:16 PM

Evacuation Of Nigerians Stranded In COVID-19 Wracked U.S. Begins - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Evacuation Of Nigerians Stranded In COVID-19 Wracked U.S. Begins (494 Views)

Nigeria Flies In Covid-19 Drug From Bangladesh For Infected Governor / Area Boys Demand Settlement Before Evacuation Of Suspected COVID-19 Patients / Names & Photos Of Nigerians Who Died Of Coronavirus In UK And USA Released By FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Evacuation Of Nigerians Stranded In COVID-19 Wracked U.S. Begins by brojoes5030: 2:35am On May 04, 2020
Evacuation of Nigerians stranded in U.S. begins

The clearing of Nigerians abandoned in the U.S. due to the coronavirus pandemic is to start on 10 May.

Mr. Benaoyagha Okoyen, the consul-general of Nigeria in New York disclosed this on Sunday in a notice signed on behalf of the Nigerian Missions in the U.S.

No less than 700 Nigerians have enrolled with the missions for clearing.

It will be done in batches.

Okoyen said that the first batch of 270 evacuees would be flown to Abuja through an Ethiopian Airlines flight ET 509.

The plane is required to leave the Newark Liberty International Airport in New Jersey at 9.15 p.m. furthermore, fly legitimately to the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport, Abuja.

As prior reported by the Federal Government, the flight is to the detriment of the evacuees, who will all fly economy class, as indicated by the notification.

“The anticipated expense for the single direction economy ticket is between 1,300 dollars (N488,800) and 1,700 dollars (N639,200) per grown-up.

“Please note that over 700 Nigerian nationals have registered with our missions in the USA to be evacuated.

Must Read: Nigerian doctor in U.S. Babafemi Taiwo Is Leading Major Study on Remdesivir COVID-19 Drug

“However, only 270 passengers shall be accommodated in this batch of evacuation.

“Missions will, therefore, attend to applicants on a first-come, first-served basis and shall prioritize the list of evacuees according to their immigration status.

“This includes the need to consider those stranded with proof of short-stay visas, the elderly, families with children and returning students,” it said.

Okoyen revealed to NAN that the dates for ensuing batches would be declared at the appointed time.

To check the spread of COVID-19, the Federal Government on March 18 forced limitations on movements from 13 nations with high weights.

The nations are China, Iran, South Korea, Germany, Italy, U.S. Joined Kingdom, Switzerland, Norway, Netherlands, Spain, France, Japan, Australia, and Sweden.

Thusly, numerous Nigerians, who were on momentary visits to the influenced nations, got abandoned.

https://pepedem.com/coronavirus/covid-19-evacuation-of-nigerians-stranded-in-u-s-begins/

Re: Evacuation Of Nigerians Stranded In COVID-19 Wracked U.S. Begins by CanadaOrBust: 2:37am On May 04, 2020
UNBELIEVABLE!!
Re: Evacuation Of Nigerians Stranded In COVID-19 Wracked U.S. Begins by KevMitnick: 2:42am On May 04, 2020
What are they coming back to do for God's sake? If they must return, then they better be screened.

1 Like

Re: Evacuation Of Nigerians Stranded In COVID-19 Wracked U.S. Begins by Pascal11: 2:44am On May 04, 2020
Well i expected this to happen
Re: Evacuation Of Nigerians Stranded In COVID-19 Wracked U.S. Begins by Makavelli25: 2:45am On May 04, 2020
I think right now Home is the best option for them
God bless NIGERIA

AMERICA IS GREAT

1 Like

Re: Evacuation Of Nigerians Stranded In COVID-19 Wracked U.S. Begins by olu77(m): 2:49am On May 04, 2020
My prayer is that we all and our loved ones will not die before our time no matter where we are located.
Re: Evacuation Of Nigerians Stranded In COVID-19 Wracked U.S. Begins by Nwodosis(m): 3:02am On May 04, 2020
Covid-19 restarting the World!
Re: Evacuation Of Nigerians Stranded In COVID-19 Wracked U.S. Begins by CXLVII: 3:35am On May 04, 2020
Nwodosis:
Covid-19 restarting the World!

Hard restart

1 Like

Re: Evacuation Of Nigerians Stranded In COVID-19 Wracked U.S. Begins by padi94(m): 3:40am On May 04, 2020
FG should put up isolation centers at d airport and keep them for14days
Re: Evacuation Of Nigerians Stranded In COVID-19 Wracked U.S. Begins by kaleam(m): 3:51am On May 04, 2020
I've never imaging something like a virus will be fatal to the US only for Madagascar to find yhe cure 1st and WHO is not giving it a thought because they are Africans.
Re: Evacuation Of Nigerians Stranded In COVID-19 Wracked U.S. Begins by Yenefer(f): 3:57am On May 04, 2020
Hmm
Re: Evacuation Of Nigerians Stranded In COVID-19 Wracked U.S. Begins by Nobody: 4:17am On May 04, 2020
Evacuate to 9ja? Abeg Shey the plane go fly go empty? E sure me die say if them wan carry people go drop before them evacuate so that e no go empty the plane no go fly. Overload go worry am
Re: Evacuation Of Nigerians Stranded In COVID-19 Wracked U.S. Begins by Notyamate(f): 4:18am On May 04, 2020
Coronavirus overwhelming the USA
Re: Evacuation Of Nigerians Stranded In COVID-19 Wracked U.S. Begins by xendra: 4:23am On May 04, 2020
kaleam:
I've never imaging something like a virus will be fatal to the US only for Madagascar to find yhe cure 1st and WHO is not giving it a thought because they are Africans.
because WHO doesn't want a cure yet, not because they are Africans.

I think alot of people are just looking at the picture and not paying attention to background details.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Mushin, Eti-osa, Lagos Mainland Top Lgas With COVID-19 Cases / Doctors May go on Strike in Abuja on June 1st. over IPPIS Hassles! / Hot And Cold At The Same Time, What Is Wrong With Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.