Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,901 members, 7,883,138 topics. Date: Monday, 08 July 2024 at 02:20 AM

What If Africa Was Never Colonized? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What If Africa Was Never Colonized? (2288 Views)

Rivers State Monorail The First In Africa Was Abandoned By Wike / The First Billionaire In West Africa Was An Igbo Man / What If Africa Was The Only Continent? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What If Africa Was Never Colonized? by Nobody: 10:56pm On May 04, 2020
oyatz:
I think we need to understand one thing very clearly;

* The Fulani Jihard ONLY succeeded in areas with already significant Muslim populations before 1804.

* It's difficult to find 4 Non-muslim cities/kingdoms where the Jihard succeeded.

* The Jihard did NOT succeed because of any superior skills of the Fulani ethnic groups but largely due to the unifying factor of Islam.

* The Jihard failed in Pagan Kingdoms or territories with minority Muslim populations e.g Yorubaland south of Ilorin.

Uthman dan Fodio, his brother, Abdullahi Dan Fodio and his son, Sultan Muhammadu Bello were Muslim scholars who knew that it will be challenging trying to establish an Islamic rule over non-muslim populations.

They didn't bother to conquer them, they were just raiding these communities for slaves.

However, the attempts by their successors/descendants to extend the Caliphate over these non-muslim populations like the Berom, Tiv, Idoma etc led to constant battles, the precursors of the modern day Herders-Farmers clashes on the Plateau, the Benue valley and the rest of the Middle Belt.

Most of your claim are false. If I start countering it. It will take time. But good enough
Re: What If Africa Was Never Colonized? by Ayemileto(m): 11:14pm On May 04, 2020
We would never know what would have happened.
Re: What If Africa Was Never Colonized? by juneman: 6:45pm On May 05, 2020
fulaniHERDSman:
Then there wouldn't have been the criminal contraption called Nigeria and all this dubious foreign Religions that were used as colonization tools. Yet Africa would have developed at its own pace and in truth to its self. Corruption that destroyed and is still wrecking Africa would have been minimal as our traditional religions and culture had it in check. The white man created Nigeria fraudulently hence the pervasive corruption. A forced mixture of oil and water. A wicked Concoction of Light and darkness that has refused to blend. A terrible compound formulated by titration of known corrosive acids and other mild chemicals.
Egypt was among the first civilizations without the white man's criminal contribution.

I really appreciate all your comments
Re: What If Africa Was Never Colonized? by juneman: 6:46pm On May 05, 2020
[quote author=oyatz post=89161098]You are wrong sir.

1) Uthman Dan Fodio died long before the advent of the British Colonialism.

2) In the S/West,Islam was already being practiced at individual/family levels at least 300 years before Uthman dan Fodio's birth.

3) The Fulani Jihadists southward march to the Atlantic ocean was thwarted by the Ibadan Military power when they defeated the Fulani Jihadists at the 1840 battle of Oshogbo and drove them back to Ilorin.

4) If not for the advent of the British rule, even many indigenous tribes would have amagalmated into powerful forces and rebeled against the Fulani led Emirates to regain their Independence e.g the rebellion of the local people in Ilorin led to the burning of the palace and the subsequent suicide of the Emir MoMA of Ilorin around 1890.

5) Nigeria wouldn't have existed as we know it.

I really appreciate your comments
Re: What If Africa Was Never Colonized? by juneman: 6:50pm On May 05, 2020
I appreciate everyone that contributed logically.
It shows that we are analytical and deep.
I want to start a forum to re-tell the African story.
If anybody out here is interested. I want to hear comments pls. So we can work together. Many thanks.

1 Like

Re: What If Africa Was Never Colonized? by Fidelismaria: 7:41pm On May 05, 2020

depends on who is answering the question

I don't think there's a subjective answer for this question

Re: What If Africa Was Never Colonized? by Fidelismaria: 7:41pm On May 05, 2020

depends on who is answering the question

I don't think there's an objective answer for this question

Re: What If Africa Was Never Colonized? by Mrread(m): 9:22pm On May 05, 2020
Ibadan would have had established a largest empire in West Africa
Re: What If Africa Was Never Colonized? by SIONKPO1(m): 9:38pm On May 05, 2020
MinorityOpinion:

1. Usman Dan Fodio was much alive in the 19 century. Plus his ideology was more important than him as a person. British came to Nigeria in the 18 century.

2. Islam was practiced but mostly by slaves and travellers and those that practiced did so to collect amulets from mallams. Although your claim is actually true

3. Your no 3 is wrong. The British stop them. What will stop the fulani from asking for reinforcement and then attack again? It only a matter of time.

4. I repeat, no tribes can withstand the Calvary strength of the Fulanis. No one. No tribe in the South.

you are wrong,these following tribe were already organised in warfare
1.Arochukwu warriors
2.Anaang warriors
3Bini kingdom warriors
4.Old Oyo Empire
And many others
Re: What If Africa Was Never Colonized? by Nobody: 9:45pm On May 05, 2020
SIONKPO1:

1.Arochukwu warriors
2.Anaang warriors
3Bini kingdom warriors
4.Old Oyo Empire
And many others

Arochukwu don't have knowledge about war. They don't even have central authority which even made them more vulnerable. They were not known as formidable fighters and warriors too.

Bini warriors might win but that's a very slim win. They are defensively good but their fire power is not enough.

The old oyo was destroyed by the Fulanis. Although a lot of issues happened. But yoruba lost.
Re: What If Africa Was Never Colonized? by SIONKPO1(m): 9:49pm On May 05, 2020
MinorityOpinion:

Arochukwu don't have knowledge about war. They don't even have central authority which even made them more vulnerable. They were not known as formidable fighters and warriors too.

Bini warriors might win but that's a very slim win. They are defensively good but their fire power is not enough.

The old oyo was destroyed by the Fulanis. Although a lot of issues happened. But yoruba lost.

The Fulani jihadist would have lost,I think they are been overhyped
1.the T.I.Vs defeated them
2The beroms did same
3.The igalas
Re: What If Africa Was Never Colonized? by Captainrambo2: 9:49pm On May 05, 2020
SIONKPO1:

1.Arochukwu warriors
2.Anaang warriors
3Bini kingdom warriors
4.Old Oyo Empire
And many others
these people don't fight mounted on horses..

Fulanis mounted horses, wore armour with spears.... in the right terrain they will decimate anything insight.... ....
Re: What If Africa Was Never Colonized? by Captainrambo2: 9:52pm On May 05, 2020
SIONKPO1:

2The beroms did same
3.The igalas
even in my area we have Muslim onojies ( Esan kjngs).... at some point it was covert or leave the throne... from northern edo upward through kogi to north do you know any king, who is not a Muslim? Even if there is how many ? Theh wer all conquered
Re: What If Africa Was Never Colonized? by SIONKPO1(m): 10:05pm On May 05, 2020
Captainrambo2:
these people don't fight mounted on horses..

Fulanis mounted horses, wore armour with spears.... in the right terrain they will decimate anything insight.... ....
Fulani's don't have experience fighting in riverine environments and most of their conquest is even by tricks(Trade,marriage, lands,Islam,gifts)
If they are that powerful why couldn't they defeat a small berom tribe in plateau?
They are been overhyped
Re: What If Africa Was Never Colonized? by Nobody: 10:25pm On May 05, 2020
SIONKPO1:

2The beroms did same
3.The igalas

WRONG. Tivs didn't defeat fulani (bring evidence if they did)

Berom I'm not sure but it's still kinda false
Igala (bring evidence)
Re: What If Africa Was Never Colonized? by temielects(m): 10:29pm On May 05, 2020
SIONKPO1:

Fulani's don't have experience fighting in riverine environments and most of their conquest is even by tricks(Trade,marriage, lands,Islam,gifts)
If they are that powerful why couldn't they defeat a small berom tribe in plateau?
They are been overhyped
the truth is they conquered where they were welcomed and that is majorly caused by the unifying Islam religion
Re: What If Africa Was Never Colonized? by SIONKPO1(m): 10:39pm On May 05, 2020
MinorityOpinion:

WRONG. Tivs didn't defeat fulani (bring evidence if they did)

Berom I'm not sure but it's still kinda false
Igala (bring evidence)
But if d igala's, beroms and T.I.Vs didn't conquered the Fulani why hasn't (didn't) they take the Benue valley,river Niger Niger and Benue
I still maintain my stance they are been overhyped and mind you they fight under the disguise of islam
Re: What If Africa Was Never Colonized? by Nobody: 10:43pm On May 05, 2020
SIONKPO1:

But if d igala's, beroms and T.I.Vs didn't conquered the Fulani why hasn't (didn't) they take the Benue valley,river Niger Niger and Benue
I still maintain my stance they are been overhyped and mind you they fight under the disguise of islam

Exactly. That is what make them formidable. Islam. If you defeat them. They will just call their brothers or ask for reinforcement and attack again. Religion was their best weapon.
Re: What If Africa Was Never Colonized? by Sladem05: 10:54am On Jan 28
fulaniHERDSman:
Then there wouldn't have been the criminal contraption called Nigeria and all this dubious foreign Religions that were used as colonization tools. Yet Africa would have developed at its own pace and in truth to its self. Corruption that destroyed and is still wrecking Africa would have been minimal as our traditional religions and culture had it in check. The white man created Nigeria fraudulently hence the pervasive corruption. A forced mixture of oil and water. A wicked Concoction of Light and darkness that has refused to blend. A terrible compound formulated by titration of known corrosive acids and other mild chemicals.
Egypt was among the first civilizations without the white man's criminal contribution.

Africa would have been even poorer. Obviously, Western imperialism was bad for not just Africa, but the entire world. Corruption has always been present in African society. It wouldn’t have just died because Europeans didn’t set foot on their land.
Re: What If Africa Was Never Colonized? by Sladem05: 10:59am On Jan 28
[quote author=juneman post=89223889][/quote]
There wouldn’t be Nigeria at all. It was Lugard’s wife that even coined the name “Nigeria” Nigera would just have been 3-5 countries. It would be like a trading block.
Re: What If Africa Was Never Colonized? by christistruth01: 11:12am On Jan 28
God used the Colonial Masters to do 3 things in Africa

End Slavery, End Human Sacrifice and establish Christianity

God Almighty had also used the Romans to reform the Colonisers from their Crude way of life

You only need to see the Kidnapping for Ransom Crisis and Baby factories

to be convinced that if it were not for the British use of Military force

Nigerians would still be selling each other as Slaves

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pastor Reburies George Floyd In Imo State (pic) / Dino Melaye Blasts Nigeria Government After Coming Across A Hospital In Dubai / Havard Trained AIG Makes IGP's Succession List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.