Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,185,863 members, 7,927,558 topics. Date: Wednesday, 21 August 2024 at 04:55 PM

Masimba's Story: What I Did After Losing My Job To COVID-19 - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Masimba's Story: What I Did After Losing My Job To COVID-19 (617 Views)

Look At What This Engineer Did After We Finished The Contract / What I Did Yesterday After I Lost My Last N200 During Interview / Nancy's Story: What Is The Proper Way To Work Within A Team? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Masimba's Story: What I Did After Losing My Job To COVID-19 by AbdulAkpan: 5:02am On May 04, 2020
Masimba had just lost his job as soon as a lockdown was initiated in his country as a way to control the spread of COVID-19. For the last seven years, Masimba had worked in the tourism industry – his job as a manager in one of the fast-rising tour companies had made him pretty satisfied with his station in life – until COVID-19 struck.

After losing his job, Masimba was depressed. His company had fired its staff as they struggled to adjust to the new realities of social distancing. One day, Masimba received a newsletter from a career website he had subscribed to and he got a list of industries that were still hiring amidst COVID-19.

Masimba was excited to learn about this new information. He would later learn that aside from the tourism industry, some other sectors were affected. The new information he had at his disposal, made him start actively searching for opportunities within those sectors that were unaffected by COVID-19.

Masimba made use of his LinkedIn account to search for recruiters and industry influencers in active industries in his community. He also reached out to acquaintances within his sphere of influence for jobs. He tailored all his messages to fit his relevant skills as well as leveraging his experience in communications and teaching.

Soon enough, Masimba got an offer to work for a thriving e-Learning platform as a remote instructor. Now, he has a job in the education industry, which allows him to interact with people across the continent, impart knowledge, work from home, and receive a decent salary.

What are you doing in terms of job opportunities, even as the world is undergoing a global economic crisis? There are still sectors that are active and ready to hire. Are you leveraging opportunities around you? Masimba has just provided a learning experience for all of us!

Source - https://lingoafrica.com/industry-information-will-help-you-adjust-career-realities/

Lingo Africa.
Re: Masimba's Story: What I Did After Losing My Job To COVID-19 by AbdulAkpan: 9:56am On May 04, 2020
Good morning
Re: Masimba's Story: What I Did After Losing My Job To COVID-19 by AbdulAkpan: 11:46am On May 04, 2020
Re: Masimba's Story: What I Did After Losing My Job To COVID-19 by AbdulAkpan: 1:49pm On May 04, 2020
cool
Re: Masimba's Story: What I Did After Losing My Job To COVID-19 by AbdulAkpan: 3:00pm On May 05, 2020
grin
Re: Masimba's Story: What I Did After Losing My Job To COVID-19 by AbdulAkpan: 12:54pm On May 26, 2020
Join the Lingo Africa whatsapp group for career tips and strategies;

https:///IkZKNJIi0dz5WsGXRYhPzK
Re: Masimba's Story: What I Did After Losing My Job To COVID-19 by AbdulAkpan: 3:32pm On May 26, 2020
Join our whatsapp group : https://ikzknjii0dz5wsgxryhpzk/
Re: Masimba's Story: What I Did After Losing My Job To COVID-19 by AbdulAkpan: 12:14pm On Jun 02, 2020
shocked

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Army Dssc/ssc 2021 Recruitment / Business Center Operator,festac,amuwo Odofin / Urgent Vacancy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.