Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,216 members, 7,910,304 topics. Date: Sunday, 04 August 2024 at 02:09 AM

How SEO Works - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How SEO Works (389 Views)

How SEO Can Drive More Leads To Your Business / Know How SEO Company Helps To Improve An Organisation’s Internet Presence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How SEO Works by joselcollin(f): 10:47am On May 05, 2020
You might think of a search engine as a website you visit to type (or speak) a question into a box and Google, Yahoo!, Bing, or whatever search engine you're using magically replies with a long list of links to webpages that could potentially answer your question.

That's true. But have you ever stopped to consider what's behind those magical lists of links?

Here's how it works: Google (or any search engine you're using) has a crawler that goes out and gathers information about all the content they can find on the Internet. The crawlers bring all those 1s and 0s back to the search engine to build an index. That index is then fed through an algorithm that tries to match all that data with your query.

There are a lot of factors that go into a search engine's algorithm, and here's how a group of experts ranked their importance:

Re: How SEO Works by STANTON98: 11:05pm On May 05, 2020
Nam feugiat a ante sollicitudin luctus. Quisque eget placerat massa. Ut quis ligula ornare, pellentesque velit eget, vestibulum est. Donec pretium tristique elit eget sodales. Pellentesque posuere.
Re: How SEO Works by dettemanon(m): 11:51am On Aug 12, 2021
Thank you so much for your article and graph! I'm just trying to figure out the topic of SEO on my own. Your explanations helped me to learn a little more. However, I did not understand how the index ultimately affects the popularity of the site in the Google search engine. Maybe you can explain a little more.
I have a website that I would like to increase traffic from. Since I don't know much about SEO, I ordered a package of services from https://websitestrategies.com.au/seo-consultant-sunshine-coast/. I am pleased with how the statistics changed after that, but I still want to delve into the topic of Internet promotion.

(1) (Reply)

Imo State Government Scholarship Scheme 2020 / Chioma Has Been Denied US Visa 8 Times Due To Her Past Criminal Record- Kemi Olu / So This Is My Lot...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.