Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,679 members, 7,882,306 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 09:20 PM

*** Glo Launches First 4G-LTE Network In Nigeria! *** - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / *** Glo Launches First 4G-LTE Network In Nigeria! *** (26124 Views)

Glo Launches Another Whooping Data Plan, Will You Rock It? / Tecno Camon C5: Tecno's First 4G Enabled Smartphone. / Is 4G-LTE Network A Reality In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: *** Glo Launches First 4G-LTE Network In Nigeria! *** by SeunT2(m): 2:06pm On Jan 15, 2011
Very stingy network, 4g ko 7g ni
Re: *** Glo Launches First 4G-LTE Network In Nigeria! *** by earthrealm(m): 4:07pm On Jan 15, 2011
' airemon, wat do u need to do 2 activate the 10naira/min intl call?
i tried it and i was charged more than 30 naira!!!,
holla
Re: *** Glo Launches First 4G-LTE Network In Nigeria! *** by aieromon(m): 7:43pm On Jan 15, 2011
It's the Glo infinito package.Can't remember the short code embarassed
Re: *** Glo Launches First 4G-LTE Network In Nigeria! *** by aieromon(m): 7:51pm On Jan 15, 2011
*103*1*1# to migrate to Glo infinito

Just confirmed from CC that its an IDD promo.I think you should call them to activate your sim or try the migration code.
Re: *** Glo Launches First 4G-LTE Network In Nigeria! *** by aieromon(m): 7:54pm On Jan 15, 2011
National Operator, Globacom, has crashed its call rate for international destinations from N39 to N10 per minute in a special IDD promo for the festive season. With the new call rate, all Glo customers can now make calls at only N10 per minute using their Glo Mobile lines to both mobile and fixed lines in the United States of America, India, China, Hong Kong, Canada and Singapore .

Similarly, customers can also make calls at N10 minutes only to fixed phones in the United Kingdom Australia , France , Germany , Ireland , Israel , Italy , Mexico and the Netherlands .

The unique offer was unveiled at a press conference held yesterday at the Mike Adenuga Towers headquarters of Globacom in Victoria Island, Lagos. The special call rate of N10 per minute is available till the 28th day of February, 2011.
Re: *** Glo Launches First 4G-LTE Network In Nigeria! *** by mrperfect(m): 8:40pm On Jan 15, 2011
Well, this is welcome development.
Re: *** Glo Launches First 4G-LTE Network In Nigeria! *** by Osgilliat(m): 10:54pm On Jan 15, 2011
right from the start i do dislike them with their yeye service.
Re: *** Glo Launches First 4G-LTE Network In Nigeria! *** by BankoleO1: 8:07am On Jan 16, 2011
Glo 3G seems okay to me, but it depends on your location. I stay in FCT, sometimes Lagos or Ibadan.
I must say GLO has alot of work todo on their 3G network, unlike MTN 3.5G is everywhere. Before thinking of touching 4G, let them solve this 3G problem that I hear people complaining about switching from 3G to Edge anyhow on their modem while browsing.
I would prefer to use Etisalat 2.5G than GLO 3G for Heavy Downloads from kickass-torrent etc but am always on MTN 3G, not that I like the network but they deliver stable 3G service.
As soon has Etisalat Launches 3G am dumping MTN GLO & AIRTELL.
Re: *** Glo Launches First 4G-LTE Network In Nigeria! *** by Jeezuzpick(m): 12:24pm On Jan 16, 2011
All I want is for them to stop sending me all these unsolicited text messages.

I don' tire to dey press ''delete''
angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

They can keep their 4.995Gees.
Re: *** Glo Launches First 4G-LTE Network In Nigeria! *** by BankoleO1: 3:22pm On Jan 16, 2011
Jeezuzpick:

If you are using a Nokia phone, turn off CELL BROADCAST.
Re: *** Glo Launches First 4G-LTE Network In Nigeria! *** by ireke(m): 4:14pm On Jan 17, 2011
Jeezuzpick:

Let's get people together so that we can institute a class action suit against them. grin

On a serious note, I have been very annoyed with Glo's service for a while.
1. I paid 50K for roaming and they could not connect me when I got to my destination. Despite that, they still wanted me to pay them for keeping the number for me while I was away. It took some strong exchange of letters before they left me alone.
2. They praised their 3G modem to high heavens, but they have not responded to calls to do a road show or to make a demo available at their Glo World outlets.
3. The unsolicited texts is just another one.

I'm seriously waiting for an opportunity to give them a piece of my mind.
Re: *** Glo Launches First 4G-LTE Network In Nigeria! *** by roselynbas(f): 10:44pm On Jan 17, 2011
Oga whether 3g or 4g. They are refered to as network. which ever network generation Glo or any other network is broad casting at any time is what you will get. It is not a case of upgrading your modem.
Re: *** Glo Launches First 4G-LTE Network In Nigeria! *** by roselynbas(f): 10:50pm On Jan 17, 2011
i can only say one thing. Glo should be ashamed of themselves. they have optic fibre laid from pillar to post yet have nothing to show for such a venture. The only thing i think is wrong with Glo is that it is a family business run like they are selling chin chin at oshodi market. run it like a conglomerate that it is mr Adenuga! employ thinkers you will be on your way to the top. employ people that your family have no control over, whose job is secure. you will see improvement. that is only if you want my advise!
Re: *** Glo Launches First 4G-LTE Network In Nigeria! *** by Nobody: 11:42pm On Jan 17, 2011
its good for them
Re: *** Glo Launches First 4G-LTE Network In Nigeria! *** by KDULAR: 6:31am On Jan 18, 2011
i laugh !!!
Re: *** Glo Launches First 4G-LTE Network In Nigeria! *** by mount1ng(m): 10:56am On Jan 18, 2011
When will all this OPT stop. None of these network gives up to 15kbps, but they are shouting 3MB. All lies. If they can give us just 32/32 kbps, we'll sign their songs to heaven. Let one of them come out and do it.
Re: *** Glo Launches First 4G-LTE Network In Nigeria! *** by chukslee2(m): 10:18pm On Jan 18, 2011
Wen We neva si 3g 4 dat network finish, dem come dey talk 4g. Mk we dey wait sha.
Re: *** Glo Launches First 4G-LTE Network In Nigeria! *** by Nobody: 12:25pm On Jan 19, 2011
things is getting better
Re: *** Glo Launches First 4G-LTE Network In Nigeria! *** by mbanusick(m): 3:35am On Jan 22, 2011
Meeen,
Many Cities don't even have Glo 3G and they are already talking of 4G shocked
Quite a pitty shocked
Re: *** Glo Launches First 4G-LTE Network In Nigeria! *** by airroseice(m): 4:47am On Jan 22, 2011
Glo 3G rocks! Its a shame its not available in every part of the country. I don't think rolling out 4G LTE is the best business idea, right now. It would be better if they invest in making 3G signal available in all nooks and crannies of the country before proceeding to upgrade to 4G. Nonetheless, I'm a great fan of Glo, love their service.
Re: *** Glo Launches First 4G-LTE Network In Nigeria! *** by Dabss(m): 10:16am On Jan 22, 2011
^^^ u are on your own
Re: *** Glo Launches First 4G-LTE Network In Nigeria! *** by smsrite: 12:13pm On Jan 25, 2011
Awaiting this super fast internet high way thing they have so much talked about
Re: *** Glo Launches First 4G-LTE Network In Nigeria! *** by firewire: 1:36pm On Jan 25, 2011
glo is a pvssy ass b!tch
Re: *** Glo Launches First 4G-LTE Network In Nigeria! *** by dailydolla4u(m): 2:07pm On Jan 25, 2011
Guys, is it not possible to publishe all this complean on NCC website? We don't ve consumer protection law in this country, our goverment are even helping this people to kill us. The other day i was reading on CNN site as US law makers make law that 'll compel their ISPs to give equal access signal to every subscriber be it large company or 1 pc user. But here our so-call honorable are busy inflicting their salaries figured in millions. God help us.
Re: *** Glo Launches First 4G-LTE Network In Nigeria! *** by zenus(m): 3:14pm On Jan 25, 2011
For 5day no GPRS in calabar not to talk of EDGE
Re: *** Glo Launches First 4G-LTE Network In Nigeria! *** by lynxnoon(m): 3:39pm On Jan 25, 2011
Na wah oh!!! wats happening to glo today?!! Networks seriously bad. . . keeps disconnecting evry min. angry angry
Re: *** Glo Launches First 4G-LTE Network In Nigeria! *** by Mobinga: 8:46pm On Jan 25, 2011
shocked ^^ With all the hype?
Re: *** Glo Launches First 4G-LTE Network In Nigeria! *** by quilinenat: 1:20pm On Mar 22, 2011
Glo Internet is the worst in Nigeria. now dey are launching 4g router. Those guys are something else. dont go near them

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Code To Check Your Access Bank Account Balance / Whatsapp On Nokia Asha 301 / User Review Of The Newly Released Infinix Hots X521

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.