Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,483 members, 7,881,658 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 06:23 AM

Watch Hundreds Of People Queue For Water In Port Harcourt Ahead Of Total Lockdow - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Watch Hundreds Of People Queue For Water In Port Harcourt Ahead Of Total Lockdow (1919 Views)

Tinubu Arrives Port Harcourt Ahead Of Project Inauguration (photos,video) / Joe Ajaero To Residents: Stock Up Your House, Imo Will Be On Indefinite Lockdow / Akwa Ibom Delegates Arrives Port Harcourt Ahead Of PDP Convention (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Watch Hundreds Of People Queue For Water In Port Harcourt Ahead Of Total Lockdow by BloggerAdmin(m): 2:16pm On May 06, 2020
Shell fence at Artillery, along Aba-Port Harcourt express way has hundreds of Port Harcourt residents queuing to fetch potable drinking water provided by shell for residents.

This location is popular to Port Harcourt residents who prefer this water to CWay and other water brands in the market.

The water is allegedly provided by Shell Oil Company in Port Harcourt, and it is used by residents from far and near as drinking water.

See how hundreds of people are on queue for water ahead of total lockdown tomorrow. Many people on the line claim to have been here for 3hours now.

There is severe tension ahead of the proposed lockdown, especially as Gov Wike in his media chat on Rhythm 93.7fm this morning threatens that the lockdown is a war situation, and that residents should prepare.

[flash=480,390]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufTX_s-vsBY[/flash

[flash=480,390]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQ3jq4Xky14[/flash
Re: Watch Hundreds Of People Queue For Water In Port Harcourt Ahead Of Total Lockdow by Ezennwa(m): 2:21pm On May 06, 2020
hmm!

What has to be done has to be done.
Re: Watch Hundreds Of People Queue For Water In Port Harcourt Ahead Of Total Lockdow by NairalandSon: 2:22pm On May 06, 2020
We have no idea how Corona started but we are suffering for it the most. The effect on us is untold.
Re: Watch Hundreds Of People Queue For Water In Port Harcourt Ahead Of Total Lockdow by SadiqBabaSani: 3:15pm On May 06, 2020
this wike lockdown is much of chestbeatin by wike
Re: Watch Hundreds Of People Queue For Water In Port Harcourt Ahead Of Total Lockdow by nony43(m): 3:39pm On May 06, 2020
24 hours curfew is too harsh biko, na war?
Re: Watch Hundreds Of People Queue For Water In Port Harcourt Ahead Of Total Lockdow by Goddey18(m): 3:47pm On May 06, 2020
The number of cases is small in Rivers state to warrant a total lock down like this.

I wonder what Wike would have done if he was the governor of Lagos or Kano State with high number of cases and casualties.
Re: Watch Hundreds Of People Queue For Water In Port Harcourt Ahead Of Total Lockdow by malcom1X: 3:58pm On May 06, 2020
Very funny how people queue in a state like Rivers, RIVERS STATE for water.

RIVERS STATE grin
I no believe this.

Digging of boreholes is very cheap in any south south state.

1 Like

Re: Watch Hundreds Of People Queue For Water In Port Harcourt Ahead Of Total Lockdow by JAMO84: 4:25pm On May 06, 2020
Wike will just be making noise up n down, why should the people of Rivers state be suffering for water despite the huge allocation to the state every month?

Wike only know how to attack federal government with his voice like that of a lion suffering from Coronavirus!!!

I AM DONE TALKING
Re: Watch Hundreds Of People Queue For Water In Port Harcourt Ahead Of Total Lockdow by BloggerAdmin(m): 8:59pm On May 06, 2020
nony43:
24 hours curfew is too harsh biko, na war?

He says it is war ooo

1 Like

Re: Watch Hundreds Of People Queue For Water In Port Harcourt Ahead Of Total Lockdow by BloggerAdmin(m): 9:00pm On May 06, 2020
SadiqBabaSani:
this wike lockdown is much of chestbeatin by wike

Exactly
Re: Watch Hundreds Of People Queue For Water In Port Harcourt Ahead Of Total Lockdow by BloggerAdmin(m): 10:15pm On May 06, 2020
JAMO84:
Wike will just be making noise up n down, why should the people of Rivers state be suffering for water despite the huge allocation to the state every month?

Wike only know how to attack federal government with his voice like that of a lion suffering from Coronavirus!!!

I AM DONE TALKING

No be small. Everytime he claims that he sworn to protect lives...yet he dint bother the past 5 years to find solution to soot that has attacked his state.

1 Like

Re: Watch Hundreds Of People Queue For Water In Port Harcourt Ahead Of Total Lockdow by LibertyRep: 10:18pm On May 06, 2020
Is there any state in Nigeria that can boast of efficient water supply?

This is one of the reasons why we can only have mere restriction of vehicular movement and not lockdown as seen in other countries.

People will still leave their premises to fetch water in another compound probably in another street.

Either cure or vaccine for this virus is the only thing that can save Nigerians.

The government and the governed should quit this grandstanding, their can't be a total lockdown as we lack the very basic needs to sustain it
Re: Watch Hundreds Of People Queue For Water In Port Harcourt Ahead Of Total Lockdow by BloggerAdmin(m): 8:08am On May 07, 2020
LibertyRep:
Is there any state in Nigeria that can boast of efficient water supply?

This is one of the reasons why we can only have mere restriction of vehicular movement and not lockdown as seen in other countries.

People will still leave their premises to fetch water in another compound probably in another street.

Either cure or vaccine for this virus is the only thing that can save Nigerians.

The government and the governed should quit this grandstanding, their can't be a total lockdown as we lack the very basic needs to sustain it

Exactly my thought
Re: Watch Hundreds Of People Queue For Water In Port Harcourt Ahead Of Total Lockdow by anibi9674: 8:33am On May 07, 2020
Goddey18:
The number of cases is small in Rivers state to warrant a total lock down like this.

I wonder what Wike would have done if he was the governor of Lagos or Kano State with high number of cases and casualties.
until the number explode geometrical that's when he should lockdown to avoid exponential increase. Undersense we not kee you.
Re: Watch Hundreds Of People Queue For Water In Port Harcourt Ahead Of Total Lockdow by anibi9674: 8:39am On May 07, 2020
JAMO84:

I AM DONE TALKING
Rivers people are not suffering for water. People prefer to drink shell water over their house borehole water. It is because they believe the shell water is well drilled
Re: Watch Hundreds Of People Queue For Water In Port Harcourt Ahead Of Total Lockdow by princemillla(m): 8:50am On May 07, 2020
I don't just understand...... U mean all these jericans Re on queue for mere water??

Omo wike don cast aswear. May God help us.
Re: Watch Hundreds Of People Queue For Water In Port Harcourt Ahead Of Total Lockdow by Sunshineg5(m): 8:52am On May 07, 2020
anibi9674:
Rivers people are not suffering for water. People prefer to drink shell water over their house borehole water. It is because they believe the shell water is well drilled
Keep deceiving yourself

If this was Lagos, even though there are many igbos in Lagos, you guys will begin to jump for joy like you have made it in life.
Re: Watch Hundreds Of People Queue For Water In Port Harcourt Ahead Of Total Lockdow by PortHarcourt1st: 8:57am On May 07, 2020
PORT HARCOURT is a shithole jungle. So much oil wealth but look at how they are searching for water like almajiris. Kinematics oya nah. More are coming cheesy

Re: Watch Hundreds Of People Queue For Water In Port Harcourt Ahead Of Total Lockdow by Lubumbashi: 8:57am On May 07, 2020
It doesn't look good for the image of a bluechip like Shell having hundreds of people queue up in front of their offices or housing estates fetching water. They can easily pipe this water to the communities and save the people and themselves this embarrassment.
Re: Watch Hundreds Of People Queue For Water In Port Harcourt Ahead Of Total Lockdow by PortHarcourt1st: 8:59am On May 07, 2020
malcom1X:
Very funny how people queue in a state like Rivers, RIVERS STATE for water.

RIVERS STATE grin
I no believe this.

Digging of boreholes is very cheap in any south south state.

That's the overhyped shithole Rivers state for you cheesy
Re: Watch Hundreds Of People Queue For Water In Port Harcourt Ahead Of Total Lockdow by orisa37: 9:01am On May 07, 2020
SO NO WATER TO WASH HANDS TO AVOID COVID19.
Re: Watch Hundreds Of People Queue For Water In Port Harcourt Ahead Of Total Lockdow by PortHarcourt1st: 9:01am On May 07, 2020
JAMO84:

I AM DONE TALKING

Rivers allocation is being shared out to cultists and kidnappers because that's the only job Rivers youths can do.
Re: Watch Hundreds Of People Queue For Water In Port Harcourt Ahead Of Total Lockdow by anibi9674: 11:21am On May 07, 2020
Sunshineg5:
Keep deceiving yourself

If this was Lagos, even though there are many igbos in Lagos, you guys will begin to jump for joy like you have made it in life.
in Lagos do you have a govt systematic drinking water connected to all homes? I'm an ijaw man
Re: Watch Hundreds Of People Queue For Water In Port Harcourt Ahead Of Total Lockdow by Ilola(f): 11:26am On May 07, 2020
Just water even in this raining season. What of food if lockdown go last longer than expected
Re: Watch Hundreds Of People Queue For Water In Port Harcourt Ahead Of Total Lockdow by Sunshineg5(m): 11:27am On May 07, 2020
anibi9674:
in Lagos do you have a govt systematic drinking water connected to all homes? I'm an ijaw man
I don't care if you are Egun or Japanese, the problem is nation wide just as criminal activities. So why do your igbo brothers congratulate themselves when something like this is shown in Lagos or SW?
Re: Watch Hundreds Of People Queue For Water In Port Harcourt Ahead Of Total Lockdow by anibi9674: 11:51am On May 07, 2020
Sunshineg5:
I don't care if you are Egun or Japanese, the problem is nation wide just as criminal activities. So why do your igbo brothers congratulate themselves when something like this is shown in Lagos or SW?
are they not also your brothers
Re: Watch Hundreds Of People Queue For Water In Port Harcourt Ahead Of Total Lockdow by anibi9674: 11:52am On May 07, 2020
PortHarcourt1st:

Rivers allocation is being shared out to cultists and kidnappers because that's the only job Rivers youths can do.
na ogun go kill you for this lie
Re: Watch Hundreds Of People Queue For Water In Port Harcourt Ahead Of Total Lockdow by Sunshineg5(m): 11:53am On May 07, 2020
anibi9674:
are they not also your brothers
No, I don't have such hateful people as brothers
Re: Watch Hundreds Of People Queue For Water In Port Harcourt Ahead Of Total Lockdow by iluvdonjazzy: 12:28pm On May 07, 2020
I don't know what to say

(1) (Reply)

. / Nigeria To Sell Petrol Less Than 100 Naira Per Litre-presidency / VP Osinbajo Is The Useless Vp In The History Of The Country

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.