Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,560 members, 7,888,796 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 03:28 PM

Swimming for Life - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Swimming for Life (1788 Views)

LASTMA Attack: Female Tricycle Operator Battles For Life (Photo) / 18 Year Old Fighting For Life After Boobs Enlargement / Beware Of Swimming Pools (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Swimming for Life by dablessed(f): 8:54pm On Jun 24, 2005
Hi friends,

How well can you swim? If you are not a swimmer, have you considered enrolling at the nearest swimming club to you?

Cultivating a good swimming lifestyle is rewarding. There are no age restrictions- from as little as 3 months old to whenever: 70's, 80's, 90's.

Start swimming today and when you attain your peak in age, you'll be glad you did.

Swim today! Swim for life!
Re: Swimming for Life by Greatpeter(m): 9:02pm On Jun 24, 2005
Deblessed, I guess you can swim but not a swimmer. There is a sharp difference btw the 2.
I am an offshore worker by His grace and anyone who can not swim and has not passed swimming test will never be allowed to go offshore.
So I can swim very well but I am not a swimmer.
Though swimming is a very good exercise it circulates your blood evenly around your body and induce perfect sleep.
Good to swim. Deblessed you're right.
Re: Swimming for Life by dablessed(f): 9:37pm On Jun 24, 2005
Great Peter,

Thanks for the correction! But i want to believe members of the forum very well understood what i meant by being a swimmer. It does not mean swimming is your profession but u enjoy it, make it a part of your lifestyle.

Any one still confused, if at all you were? Pls PM Great Peter.
Re: Swimming for Life by hotangel2(f): 6:26am On Jun 25, 2005
I love swimming. The good part is that I swam today.
Re: Swimming for Life by dablessed(f): 12:49pm On Jun 25, 2005
Well done cool-Angel, keep swimming girl.
Re: Swimming for Life by hotangel2(f): 1:31am On Jun 26, 2005
Arghh. It's hot angel, not cool. grin. You can call me either.

I will keep swimming. Just like I have been.
Re: Swimming for Life by dominobaby(f): 10:44am On Jun 26, 2005
Swimming is fun. Haven't swam in a very long while(since i was a kid), really need to get back to it as soon as possible, just haven't had a free schedule.
Re: Swimming for Life by hotangel2(f): 3:46pm On Jun 26, 2005
Come and swim in my house.  tongue If you have wings as an angel, fly!
Re: Swimming for Life by slowpoison(m): 8:40pm On Jun 26, 2005
Hello dablessed,

Are you really serious about the fact the after 30 something odds years I can learn how to swim? I have never entered a larger pool of water than a bath tub. I think that I am a genetic hollow block there is no river where I come from.

Confirm that I can learn and I shall enrol in a swimmiing club as soon as I get your reply.
Re: Swimming for Life by dablessed(f): 8:49pm On Jun 26, 2005
Slowpoison,

You can very well learn how to swim even at 100. Make sure you join a good club where the instructors are good ok?

All the best!
Re: Swimming for Life by mosiate(f): 3:49pm On Jun 27, 2005
I can't swim.
Re: Swimming for Life by IAH(f): 3:38pm On Jun 28, 2005
mosiate:

I can't swim.

Me too!
Re: Swimming for Life by Seun(m): 8:18pm On Jun 29, 2005
I've not tried it either wink.
Re: Swimming for Life by dablessed(f): 9:58pm On Jun 29, 2005
It appears there are more pple who cant swim.

Shall i organise a swimming tuition for all and sundry? Lessons would range from beginners through intermediate to advanced

The amount of response will determine whether or not its worth the trouble.

Let me know what u think.
Re: Swimming for Life by pkrix(m): 9:09pm On Jun 30, 2005
Water can drown people. Be careful! Don't do it alone. Do it with an excellent swimmer around.

Swimming, no! Water drowns but that notwithstanding everybody likes swimming.

Just be careful dear.
Re: Swimming for Life by dablessed(f): 9:17pm On Jun 30, 2005
pkrix:

Water can drown people. Be careful! Don't do it alone. Do it with an excellent swimmer around.

Swimming, no! Water  drowns but that notwithstanding everybody likes swimming.

Just be careful dear.

Thanks for your love Pkrix.

We wont get drown i promise.
Re: Swimming for Life by WesleyanA(f): 3:49am On Jul 05, 2005
i'm a P.R.O.U.D nonSWIMMER. grin
Re: Swimming for Life by mamba(m): 7:27am On Jul 05, 2005
I'm ready to offer swimming lessons for free....

grin Ladies only grin
Re: Swimming for Life by Ra(f): 12:49pm On Jul 12, 2005
Swimming is a very good form of exercise and it comes highly recommended. It's one of the few exercises that tones up every part of your body. The best part of it is that you can actually unwind while you swim, relax and enjoy yourself.

Ah well, to anyone who's interested in learning, the only barrier between you and a very good swimmer is the fear of water, remove that and you'll be inventing your own styles yet.

@mamba..... na wah for you. May you not drown while grabbing more than the floater.
Re: Swimming for Life by hotangel2(f): 1:19pm On Jul 12, 2005
I learnt swimming in just 3 days. Now i am a fish. I am swimming today...hehe,, who wanna come join me.. Swimming is fun, exercising, relaxing and everything Ra said it is.
Re: Swimming for Life by Greatpeter(m): 11:51pm On Jul 17, 2005
Hot angel how you be a fish?
Are you "Yemoja"?

partly fish,partly human being.

I beg you oo.

If you don become fish consult your pastor for deliverance oo.
Re: Swimming for Life by Greatpeter(m): 11:55pm On Jul 17, 2005
Has Dominobaby who pledged to go back to swimming as soon as possible done so?

Fulfil your pledge oo.

We want to hear from you.
Re: Swimming for Life by hotangel2(f): 4:50am On Jul 18, 2005
Greatpeter:

Hot angel how you be a fish?
Are you "Yemoja"?

partly fish,partly human being.

I beg you oo.

If you don become fish consult your pastor for deliverance oo.

oh stop whinning peter. Didn't mean fish that way.
Re: Swimming for Life by Greatpeter(m): 6:57am On Jul 18, 2005
Ok Hot angel is that what they "Simile or what?

English student bail me out.
Re: Swimming for Life by hotangel2(f): 7:03am On Jul 18, 2005
peter i am sad. sad
Re: Swimming for Life by Ra(f): 3:18pm On Jul 18, 2005
My brother taught me how to swim. Here's the golden nugget... he accomplished it in a day!

How, the tout (he'll beat the rainbow out of me if he hears that smiley) took me to the Delta Steel Camp (DSC) staff club in Warri and threw me in the deep end. The SHALLOW end was 7foot deep mind you shocked. I flailed, I drank some water (yuk) but finally swam my way out. I went swimming on Saturday and several people asked if I was floating on something or just sleeping on my back. It's a terribly relaxing pose I invented. Hot-angel, if you're interested, I'll be glad to teach you, well, at least the theory.
Re: Swimming for Life by nucca(f): 9:56pm On Nov 02, 2005
if you cant swim, you can do aqua [water] aerobics
Re: Swimming for Life by dablessed(f): 3:26pm On Nov 03, 2005
yes you can and waterobics is quite rewarding too.
Re: Swimming for Life by Seun(m): 3:38pm On Nov 03, 2005
What does this 'aqua-aerobics' involve?
Re: Swimming for Life by dablessed(f): 11:15pm On Nov 03, 2005
Its aerobics in water.

Its really fun and you do not have to be a good swimmer, which makes it really safe as the risk of drowning is ruled out.
Re: Swimming for Life by Z4M4eva(f): 2:00pm On Nov 15, 2005
I'm a pretty good swimmer, it's good fun, I love it! smileyvery good form of exercise too! smiley
Re: Swimming for Life by dolli: 10:18pm On Nov 15, 2005
i am a conpetitive swimmer and i really enjoy it. it really does your body good. i swim 13-14 hours of training in the pool per week. i usually swim 2 hours a day but someone do 4 hours. thiis means i am up 3 mornings a week at 5am in the morning trying to get to training. most of my friends think i'm mad; i proberbly am. i don't know how far i want to go with it but we will see but right now i am enjoying it. as a matter of fact i ahve a competition tomorrow afternoon. wish me luck. grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Douche / Low Sperm Count - Leading Cause Of Male Infertility / Top 10 Skin Care Ingredients To Avoid… (like The Plague)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.