Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,366 members, 7,888,181 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 09:08 PM

Do You Forgive And Forget Or You Forgive But Never Forget - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Do You Forgive And Forget Or You Forgive But Never Forget (1405 Views)

Would You Still Forgive And Love Someone After They’ve Cheated? / God Forgave You Several Wicked Abortions, Can't You Forgive Long Ago Rape / Would You Forgive Being Cheated On? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Forgive And Forget Or You Forgive But Never Forget by WeJCKs(m): 6:13pm On May 06, 2020
When people wrong you in anyway, they expect you to forgive and forget whatever that happened, for some they forgive and act like nothing happened while for others, they keep it at the back of their mind

Well for me......i don't forgive and forget cuz I believe treating people the right way, so that when you hurt me deliberately by your actions, I won't hesitate to lash back at you straight up.

1 Like

Re: Do You Forgive And Forget Or You Forgive But Never Forget by Opera240: 6:27pm On May 06, 2020
In my own world...I will say forgive but never forget cos those who forget easily visit their grave early.

6 Likes

Re: Do You Forgive And Forget Or You Forgive But Never Forget by Toluwashe778: 6:38pm On May 06, 2020
I think it has to do with nature
I will talk from my side now
for someone like me, I don't keep things in mind for long(it is just my nature)
so, I dont find it difficult to forgive

and over time, I might remember what the person did but I will not feel the pain
this is not to say I have not forgiven or forgotten about it

5 Likes

Re: Do You Forgive And Forget Or You Forgive But Never Forget by phelonrays: 6:39pm On May 06, 2020
We

Forgive

Forget

But

Never forget Your Name.....
Re: Do You Forgive And Forget Or You Forgive But Never Forget by duduade: 6:48pm On May 06, 2020
I forgive and never forget o
Re: Do You Forgive And Forget Or You Forgive But Never Forget by lillyontop(m): 7:04pm On May 06, 2020
As a Cancerian that I am I easily forgive when it's been asked for but I don't forget, the worst part of it all is that if you don't ask for forgiveness and I feeled a lot of pain when the deed was done just know I am going to do my own back I don't mind if it takes years but I am praying for God to take that from me
Re: Do You Forgive And Forget Or You Forgive But Never Forget by Damseldammie(f): 7:32pm On May 06, 2020
I can only forgive but not to forget, because all things live forever

1 Like

Re: Do You Forgive And Forget Or You Forgive But Never Forget by Nobody: 7:35pm On May 06, 2020
Honestly, my kinda person forgives and forgets. As long as I've forgiven you and we're back to normal I don't remember.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do You Forgive And Forget Or You Forgive But Never Forget by JhayJoe: 7:48pm On May 06, 2020
I'll forgive you oh but to forget na another issue
Re: Do You Forgive And Forget Or You Forgive But Never Forget by GeneralPula: 8:18pm On May 06, 2020
There’s nothing like forget.

You only forgive and move on.

It will be very hard to forget when anyone makes you feel sad but you can only let go and move on!
Re: Do You Forgive And Forget Or You Forgive But Never Forget by GeneralPula: 8:18pm On May 06, 2020
Bluntintrovert1:
Honestly, my kinda person forgives and forgets. As long as I've forgiven you and we're back to normal I don't remember.

Lol you don’t remember keh?

Or you just don’t care to remember..
Re: Do You Forgive And Forget Or You Forgive But Never Forget by Plut01: 8:21pm On May 06, 2020
I will forgive if the opportunity to revenge does not open. But if i have the opportunity, even after 20 years, i will take the chance without looking back.
You can't do me evil and expect me to accept your sorry. If you can do it once, you can do it twice!
For this reason, i take every chance to revenge so as to make it a draw cheesy After that we can settle our differences.

Same reason i pay back loyalty.

3 Likes

Re: Do You Forgive And Forget Or You Forgive But Never Forget by Nobody: 8:31pm On May 06, 2020
GeneralPula:

Lol you don’t remember keh?

Or you just don’t care to remember..

Exactly.
Re: Do You Forgive And Forget Or You Forgive But Never Forget by dukeprince50: 8:36pm On May 06, 2020
I think humans hardly forget, especially quiet people, I still remember many things people do to me even when I was 5-7years, sometimes I just remind my mom what she did to me and she was like "u are a slow poison, how can u remember things like that"
I jokingly told her if she knows I do not forget, she should stop hurting me and expecting me to forget.

Though I forgive sha
Re: Do You Forgive And Forget Or You Forgive But Never Forget by XhosaNostra(f): 9:10pm On May 06, 2020
I have a hard time forgiving & forgetting. Generally, I prefer never to deal with the person again, just to simplify things for myself.

3 Likes

Re: Do You Forgive And Forget Or You Forgive But Never Forget by Nobody: 9:14pm On May 06, 2020
I will say both.

I have this issue of forgetting people's exact offenses but remembering they have once wronged me. However with time, I forget completely, so falling victim of the same harm twice isn't new to me.

Sometimes I just wish people can treat other right.
Re: Do You Forgive And Forget Or You Forgive But Never Forget by Bigmanpickin: 10:55pm On May 06, 2020
Sometimes I forgive sometimes I dont
Re: Do You Forgive And Forget Or You Forgive But Never Forget by Makz: 11:24pm On May 06, 2020
When people hurt you. Forgive them. Add that experience to ur list of lessons of 'when dealing with people'. You'll be most glad if you don't hold it against them -that is the 'forgetting part'.
Re: Do You Forgive And Forget Or You Forgive But Never Forget by Genset: 11:27pm On May 06, 2020
Personally, I forgive easily too easily sometimes(it is my nature by the way) . But I never forget. The best way I deal with things like that are never EVER speaking to the person again. After breaking with my ex-boyfriends, I never speak to them again because their chapter don close never to be opened again
Re: Do You Forgive And Forget Or You Forgive But Never Forget by Genset: 11:28pm On May 06, 2020
Personally, I forgive easily too easily sometimes(it is my nature by the way) . But I never forget. The best way I deal with things like that are never EVER speaking to the person again. After breaking up with my ex-boyfriends, I never speak to them again because their chapter don close never to be opened again.
Re: Do You Forgive And Forget Or You Forgive But Never Forget by Nobody: 7:42am On May 07, 2020
WeJCKs:
When people wrong you in anyway, they expect you to forgive and forget whatever that happened, for some they forgive and act like nothing happened while for others, they keep it at the back of their mind

Well for me......i don't forgive and forget cuz I believe treating people the right way, so that when you hurt me deliberately by your actions, I won't hesitate to lash back at you straight up.

I don't know if you can forget. It's not possible. You will always remember. But true forgiveness is when you remember but no longer feel hurt or the urge to revenge.
Re: Do You Forgive And Forget Or You Forgive But Never Forget by luwiizy(m): 9:05am On May 07, 2020
you think you can easily wash of the pain you felt in your heart?. forgiveness is bliss forgetting is not.
Re: Do You Forgive And Forget Or You Forgive But Never Forget by Dtruthspeaker: 9:17am On May 07, 2020
Forgiving and feeling better for forgiving is not the same thing.

Forgiveness, when done Truthfully and Rightly is a Judgement, bringing the issue to an end. And no one can act on it again, even you the forgiver.

However, if the person is beginning to do the same shit again, he has reopened his case again and another Judgement would be needed.

Feeling better comes from your Creator, for if you could make yourself feel better, you would have done so.
Re: Do You Forgive And Forget Or You Forgive But Never Forget by ABOVEDELAW: 10:23am On May 07, 2020
EVERYBODY FORGIVES BUT NOBODY FORGETS, TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT!
Re: Do You Forgive And Forget Or You Forgive But Never Forget by Nobody: 12:50pm On May 07, 2020
I forgive and I forget.
Re: Do You Forgive And Forget Or You Forgive But Never Forget by Dtruthspeaker: 1:24pm On May 07, 2020
ABOVEDELAW:
EVERYBODY FORGIVES BUT NOBODY FORGETS, TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT!

Abovedelaw! I hope you mean man-made laws, for No one and Nothing on earth is above The Law (Natural Law) and none can ever be!
Re: Do You Forgive And Forget Or You Forgive But Never Forget by Plut01: 2:54pm On May 07, 2020
FluffyNiffy:
I forgive and I forget.

Really? How are you sure you're not gonna fall victim again if you forgive and forget?
Only people with lily liver and that easily played forgive and still forget.

If one of your relatives borrows some millions of naira from you with a promise to return it back, but absconds with it instead, Would you still forgive and forget?
Re: Do You Forgive And Forget Or You Forgive But Never Forget by tobby20: 3:08pm On May 07, 2020
Even God did not forgive satan
Re: Do You Forgive And Forget Or You Forgive But Never Forget by Dtruthspeaker: 3:27pm On May 07, 2020
tobby20:
Even God did not forgive satan

Please do not speak foolishness! Is it wise to forgive and leave a person who has Sworn to Continuously and Persistently Torment you, till death?

If anyone is foolish, God shall not be!

And Satan is not like man for he can never regret doing evil and therefore can not repent from doing it.

Forgiveness is given only to those who desire it and have truly regretted the doing of the wrong for which they ask for forgiveness.

To forgive an unrepentant person is a waste and foolishness. And God would never do foolishness nor Vanity (Waste).
Re: Do You Forgive And Forget Or You Forgive But Never Forget by Coolcalmcollect(m): 3:40pm On May 07, 2020
WeJCKs:

I always revenge ,I never forgive
Re: Do You Forgive And Forget Or You Forgive But Never Forget by Bola146(f): 5:08pm On May 07, 2020
I'll definitely forgive but I can't never forget
Re: Do You Forgive And Forget Or You Forgive But Never Forget by tobby20: 6:21pm On May 07, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

Please do not speak foolishness! Is it wise to forgive and leave a person who has Sworn to Continuously and Persistently Torment you, till death?

If anyone is foolish, God shall not be!

And Satan is not like man for he can never regret doing evil and therefore can not repent from doing it.

Forgiveness is given only to those who desire it and have truly regretted the doing of the wrong for which they ask for forgiveness.

To forgive an unrepentant person is a waste and foolishness. And God would never do foolishness nor Vanity (Waste).
U are an idiot
When is it in the bible that lucifer swear to Persistently Torment God
Cos u spewing rubbish .. And u happy
And did I tag you
First of all

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Slay Queens Caught Eating each others Toto During Live Sex Party -video / I'm Crushing On Seun Osewa Help! / Office Romance Is Taking Over Workplaces

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.