Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,205 members, 7,916,552 topics. Date: Saturday, 10 August 2024 at 06:27 AM

Oyedepo Kicks Against Church Closure Over COVID-19 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Oyedepo Kicks Against Church Closure Over COVID-19 (419 Views)

Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oyedepo Kicks Against Church Closure Over COVID-19 by collinsbaba(m): 6:49pm On May 06, 2020
The Presiding Bishop of Living Faith Church Worldwide alias Winners’ Chapel International, David Oyedepo, has questioned the continuous closure of churches over the COVID-19 pandemic, saying he suspects ulterior motives.

Oyedepo, who spoke during the Covenant Hour of Prayer Programme on Wednesday, said if markets could be opened for six hours, there was no reason churches should not be opened for two hours.

The revered cleric said he believed there was a gang up against the growth of the church in the country.

He said, “There is something wrong; for people to be allowed to be in the market for six hours and can’t be in church for two hours, it is an upside-down way of looking at things.

“Which one is more orderly? The market or the church?

“I can smell a rat. The Lord spoke to me on it so strong yesterday. I can smell a rat. Behind all this, how do we stop the church from exploding? The people involved don’t know it.

“The voice of darkness is influencing people at various levels, targeting the church because the growth and expansion of the church is the greatest headache of the devil. But the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. The devil and all his agents shall surely pay for this.

“I don’t know what hospital that records the kind of healings that the church of God records. And now hospitals, where people die every day, are open, but the church is closed because the oppression of the devil has no medical cure.”

https://punchng.com/oyedepo-kicks-against-church-closure-over-covid-19/

Re: Oyedepo Kicks Against Church Closure Over COVID-19 by collinsbaba(m): 6:51pm On May 06, 2020
We all know church is business too.....4 some people
Re: Oyedepo Kicks Against Church Closure Over COVID-19 by Righteousness89(m): 6:53pm On May 06, 2020
They feel they are wise but they don't know they are Foolish!

They isolate GOD ALMIGHTY and they still call on HIM for Help!

Foolish people!
Re: Oyedepo Kicks Against Church Closure Over COVID-19 by d4guy: 7:01pm On May 06, 2020
What of the rest of the world? What is God telling you about your branches in U. K. And U. S. ,because it seems you just want to cause mayhem here in Nigeria.
Re: Oyedepo Kicks Against Church Closure Over COVID-19 by paxonel(m): 7:07pm On May 06, 2020
What is this man talking?
Market is essential now, but church isn't essential. We can do without church but we can't do without food.

Re: Oyedepo Kicks Against Church Closure Over COVID-19 by paxonel(m): 7:09pm On May 06, 2020
Righteousness89:
They feel they are wise but they don't know they are Foolish!

They isolate GOD ALMIGHTY and they still call on HIM for Help!

Foolish people!
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Oyedepo Kicks Against Church Closure Over COVID-19 by CodeTemplar: 7:13pm On May 06, 2020
typing...
Re: Oyedepo Kicks Against Church Closure Over COVID-19 by Baawaa(m): 7:14pm On May 06, 2020
For now my house is my church
Re: Oyedepo Kicks Against Church Closure Over COVID-19 by sexylassie2(f): 7:16pm On May 06, 2020
Open church for them. Let them infect themselves.

With this man attitude, i can say his wife is suffering, he is too hot tempered for a pastor.
Re: Oyedepo Kicks Against Church Closure Over COVID-19 by Humanoid01(m): 7:27pm On May 06, 2020
The government relaxed the lockdown for the purpose of getting people to meet their basic needs, through their various means. There's no rat to smell here, it's only a logical approach toward curbing other life-threatening vices in the society.
Re: Oyedepo Kicks Against Church Closure Over COVID-19 by CodeTemplar: 7:35pm On May 06, 2020
Well, papa has his points. Market is still a place to trade things for physical nourishment and not all men have faith. To me the church is a place of spiritual nourishment and should be permitted to open partially.

It is just like police or army and farmers. We need the coordinating input of the police but cannot neglect.
Re: Oyedepo Kicks Against Church Closure Over COVID-19 by EzzyCarter: 7:51pm On May 06, 2020
sexylassie2:

With this man attitude, i can say his wife is suffering, he is too hot tempered for a pastor

She ain't complaining, is she? I bet if you were in her shoes you wouldn't complain as well cheesy
Re: Oyedepo Kicks Against Church Closure Over COVID-19 by Nikepucci1: 8:08pm On May 06, 2020
This Rona pandemic has exposed the stupidity of pastors and how religion is a FRAUD
Re: Oyedepo Kicks Against Church Closure Over COVID-19 by Perogbangba(f): 8:23pm On May 06, 2020
Na wa ooo, every pastor is saying God spoke to them... abeg, she God dey tell different tinz Ni? Well, the God I know is not an author of confusion.
Re: Oyedepo Kicks Against Church Closure Over COVID-19 by frank317: 8:43pm On May 06, 2020
I feel ur pain man... Imagin how many Sundays now, no tithe no offering. All ur mugus are at home... At this stage he can smell even fish not only rat
Re: Oyedepo Kicks Against Church Closure Over COVID-19 by Nobody: 10:10pm On May 06, 2020
I've told you all what the Bible say will be the end of false religion!

I know most atheists will remember what i said several months back.

God's word said ATHEISM will become the order of the day and only his own people will remain in their heartfelt worship which wasn't built upon eye-service.

Soon these religious leaders will make the world powers angry and they will be banned completely!

Covid19 has rendered them useless and all their stage-managed miracles have been exposed, now the authorities have seen that they have no healing powers so they're not needed after all!
Re: Oyedepo Kicks Against Church Closure Over COVID-19 by hakeem4(m): 10:32pm On May 06, 2020
[s]He said, “There is something wrong; for people to be allowed to be in the market for six hours and can’t be in church for two hours, it is an upside-down way of looking at things[/s].
To be honest I thought he had something sensible to say! He’s talking as if it’s only the church that they closed. What about the mosque, shrines.. beer parlours, cinemas and etc they closed did you see them complain?

I feel these religious people are up to something.

Market is a place where people go to get their basic needs. I don’t think any religious center is a need. If people don’t eat they’d die. But if people don’t pray nothing will happen

I really don’t care if he’s making money from gullible people. The only problem I have with him is why is he complaining as if it was only his church that was closed down ?

(1) (Reply)

Ongoing Reform On Nairaland.com / The Church Of Satan Founder Arrested In Ohafia Abia State. / Prayers For Open Doors.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.