Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,912 members, 7,883,164 topics. Date: Monday, 08 July 2024 at 04:19 AM

Pdp Chairman Nwodo Removed - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pdp Chairman Nwodo Removed (11639 Views)

Ex-PDP Nat.Chairman Nwodo, Ex-Minister Worgu, 4 Ex-Senators Dump PDP For APC / Pdp National Chairman Nwodo Resigns Ahead Of Nec Meeting / Pdp Govs Shout Down Nwodo At Nec Meeting ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pdp Chairman Nwodo Removed by Nobody: 4:22pm On Jan 12, 2011
na_so:

Masterstroke. He surely will get the ruling upturned, however the plan is for him to step down, and work on the psyche of the delegates on how to vote. Our people say "When skeletons are mentioned in a story, old men begin to tremble". The message really is for the Atiku camp.

Technically , with this ruling PDP delegates know that voting for ATiku might translate into the party not having a candidate in the general elections.

Delegates will generally vote GEJ, after the primaries nwodo appeals and upturns the judgement. while Atiku would have been deflated after the primaries.

Once again I say Masterstroke. grin

You took the words out of my mouth keyboard
Re: Pdp Chairman Nwodo Removed by jamace(m): 4:30pm On Jan 12, 2011
Ha ha ha ha ha ha grin grin

Some people are jubilating that GEJ is finished but they don't know whether it is a joker from the GEJ camp.

Keep watching. grin grin
Re: Pdp Chairman Nwodo Removed by blacksta(m): 4:31pm On Jan 12, 2011
na_so:

Masterstroke. He surely will get the ruling upturned, however the plan is for him to step down, and work on the psyche of the delegates on how to vote.  Our people say "When skeletons are mentioned in a story, old men begin to tremble". The message really is for the Atiku camp.

Technically , with this ruling PDP delegates know that voting for ATiku might translate into the party not having a candidate in the general elections.

Delegates will generally vote GEJ, after the primaries nwodo appeals and upturns the judgement. while Atiku would have been deflated after the primaries.

Once again I say Masterstroke. grin

I dont see any master stroke  - all i see is a party imploding  - so you say the plan is work on the delegates - One man would meet all the delegates in the country btw now and tomorrow. how is that possible.
Re: Pdp Chairman Nwodo Removed by Gbawe: 4:33pm On Jan 12, 2011
na_so:

Masterstroke. Once again I say Masterstroke. grin

Is that what you see? well , coming at this time,  I see another attempt to stop Jonathan at all cost same as everything was done to prevent OBJ gaining a third term and "usurping" power from the North. Back then Ken Nnamani was the national hero who felt OBJ should not gain another term he was not entitled to . Money was flying around and Nnamani could have named his price but he acted out of principles instead and perhaps in respect of an agreement him, OBJ and others had committed themselves to honouring. We are in the same position again and it is instructive that Nnamani is seen alongside Atiku everywhere. It is relatively silent movers like Nnamani , who have seen it all and done it all, who often make the difference. Not the braggadocious and insultive noisemakers and newcomers to power with an unrealistic over-reliance on the influence of the President's office. Let us wait and see. Perhaps when we get more info we can analyse issues better.
Re: Pdp Chairman Nwodo Removed by Abagworo(m): 4:33pm On Jan 12, 2011
Also read that PDP youth leader Muyiwa Collins just died.May his soul rest in peace.
Re: Pdp Chairman Nwodo Removed by johndoe200: 4:39pm On Jan 12, 2011
Amazing how people don't like facts.

He has not been removed, the court issued a TEMPORARY RESTRAINING ORDER, This will be lifted soonest.
Re: Pdp Chairman Nwodo Removed by nduchucks: 4:52pm On Jan 12, 2011
Scenario 1

GEJ wins the PDP primaries. Atiku files a lawsuit and GEJ is disqualified. Remember that a has already judge ruled that the violation of article seven sub section two of PDP "constitution" or by-laws, is grounds for disqualification. But that the violation has not yet happened because PDP has not yet presented a flagbearer. Clearly if GEJ cannot emerge as the flagbearer without the violation of article 7. Prediction: GEJ is disqualified

Scenario 2

Atiku wins the PDP primaries. GEJ and his cohorts file a lawsuit. Atiku is disqualified because of the waiver issue. PDP is forced to present another flagbearer. Sarah Jubril, IBB, or some other person becomes the PDP flagbearer.

Scenario 3

Atiku wins the PDP primaries. GEJ and his people accept the outcome.

Either way, PDP is in hot soup. lipsrsealed
Re: Pdp Chairman Nwodo Removed by naso2(m): 4:53pm On Jan 12, 2011
Gbawe:

Is that what you see? well , coming at this time,  I see another attempt to stop Jonathan at all cost same as everything was done to prevent OBJ gaining a third term and "usurping" power from the North. Back then Ken Nnamani was the national hero who felt OBJ should not gain another term he was not entitled to . Money was flying around and Nnamani could have named his price but he acted out of principles instead and perhaps in respect of an agreement him, OBJ and others had committed themselves to honouring. We are in the same position again and it is instructive that Nnamani is seen alongside Atiku everywhere. It is relatively silent movers like Nnamani , who have seen it all and done it all, who often make the difference. Not the braggadocious and insultive noisemakers and newcomers to power with an unrealistic over-reliance on the influence of the President's office. Let us wait and see. Perhaps when we get more info we can analyse issues better.

Gbawe don come again with him long essays. tongue

The question simply is, if you were a delegate preparing to vote tommorow and this news comes, would you go ahead to vote for a candidate whose candidacy is premised on the controversial  waiver mentioned in nwodos case? Just think about it.

Like you said it lets watch how events unfold. If Nwodo insists that he remains the chairman at the convention and refuse to obey the court orders, then, may be i would agree that this means trouble for GEJ. But if he comes out to accept the verdict with a plan to appeal the judgement, then it is goodnews for Goodluck. I no sabi type plenty grin

Forget your Nnamani. Just forget him.
Re: Pdp Chairman Nwodo Removed by Gbawe: 5:01pm On Jan 12, 2011
na_so:

The question simply is, if you were a delegate preparing to vote tommorow and this news comes, would you go ahead to vote for a candidate whose candidacy is premised on the controversial waiver mentioned in nwodos case? Just think about it.

Like you said it lets watch how events unfold. If Nwodo insists that he remains the chairman at the convention and refuse to obey the court orders, then, may be i would agree that this means trouble for GEJ. But if he comes out to accept the verdict with a plan to appeal the judgement, then it is goodnews for Goodluck. I no sabi type plenty grin

My brother, lets watch as events unfold.
Re: Pdp Chairman Nwodo Removed by Dede1(m): 5:21pm On Jan 12, 2011
ndu_chucks:

Scenario 1

GEJ wins the PDP primaries. Atiku files a lawsuit and GEJ is disqualified. Remember that a has already judge ruled that the violation of article seven sub section two of PDP "constitution" or by-laws, is grounds for disqualification. But that the violation has not yet happened because PDP has not yet presented a flagbearer. Clearly if GEJ cannot emerge as the flagbearer without the violation of article 7. Prediction: GEJ is disqualified

Scenario 2

Atiku wins the PDP primaries. GEJ and his cohorts file a lawsuit. Atiku is disqualified because of the waiver issue. PDP is forced to present another flagbearer. Sarah Jubril, IBB, or some other person becomes the PDP flagbearer.

Scenario 3

Atiku wins the PDP primaries. GEJ and his people accept the outcome.

Either way, PDP is in hot soup. lipsrsealed

You posted very clever scenarios staring PDP in the face as election looms.

The scenario 1 could happen including kicking GEJ out of PDP for anti-party activities.

The scenario 2 is not possible because waiver issue is discretionary object of the party.
Re: Pdp Chairman Nwodo Removed by naso2(m): 5:27pm On Jan 12, 2011
^^^^^^^^
I know you dont like GEJ, but it beats me how you envision a GEJ disqualification based on PDP constitution on rotation. Even a customary court would not make that mistake. That section is written in english and very easy to understand.

anti-party activities against GEJ? shocked
Re: Pdp Chairman Nwodo Removed by Imeobong(m): 5:29pm On Jan 12, 2011
Walai,talai!!! This is becoming interesting, let us neutrals fold our hands and watch as events unfolds itself, wahooo!!!!!!
Re: Pdp Chairman Nwodo Removed by nduchucks: 5:45pm On Jan 12, 2011
na_so, Go and read the judgement of Judge Ishaq Bello in dismissing the lawsuit against Jonathan. If I were GEJ and his people, I'd be very worried. Judge Bello essentially stated that the violation of article seven sub section two of PDP "constitution" or by-laws, is grounds for disqualification. The only reason why he dismissed the lawsuit was because GEJ or anyone else has not yet been presented as the PDP flagbearer. There is no doubt that a new lawsuit will be filled if Atiku does not win the primaries. It is not yet Uhuru.

@Dede1, I included scenario 2 because Nwodo may have been removed because of an issue related to his waiver. I don't have the details of the case however, so you are probably correct that the scenario is unlikely.
Re: Pdp Chairman Nwodo Removed by 9ijaMan: 5:50pm On Jan 12, 2011
na_so:

The question simply is, if you were a delegate preparing to vote tommorow and this news comes, would you go ahead to vote for a candidate whose candidacy is premised on the controversial  waiver mentioned in nwodos case? Just think about it.

Apparently you think the delegates will be deciding on who to vote for tonight. You missed the point by a mile! Most (over 90%) of the delegates will not vote outside what would have been decided from their home states. They will vote based on the instructions of their respective state governors. The governors, to a large extent will decide who becomes the candidate for PDP.
Re: Pdp Chairman Nwodo Removed by Imeobong(m): 6:18pm On Jan 12, 2011
Forget all this confused human beings, Jose Mourinho is the man!! Go read whats happening at Real Madrid on goal.com

http://www.goal.com/en/news/2724/ballon-dor/2011/01/10/2299152/jose-mourinho-wins-fifa-coach-of-the-year-award
Re: Pdp Chairman Nwodo Removed by thweraja10: 6:24pm On Jan 12, 2011
Nothing is impossible in Nigeria. Our Politics is comedy. I dey laugh oooooo
Re: Pdp Chairman Nwodo Removed by Eyayomosko: 6:30pm On Jan 12, 2011
Non of my business,ACN is the main party
Re: Pdp Chairman Nwodo Removed by unipol(m): 6:31pm On Jan 12, 2011
i personally think, this is a problem between PDP president and his governor. the enugu governor masterminded the removal.

but how can GEJ asked them to share the pdp STRUCTURE  into 50-50. is that democracy? now nwodo will not get his 50% of the structure with this his removal. ekwelemadu can now be returned without competion. chimaraoke nnamani?

now, governor chime is winning.
Re: Pdp Chairman Nwodo Removed by tunday02(m): 6:37pm On Jan 12, 2011
But I still can't get where this news emanates from,
Re: Pdp Chairman Nwodo Removed by seanet02: 6:37pm On Jan 12, 2011
What concerns me? Did i care if a court REMOVE Ebele Jonathan? Did i care if poverty development party is banished from Nigeria? Of course the answer to all my questions is CAPITAL NO!!!! Action congress, Democracy for Justice. Egba won danu.
Re: Pdp Chairman Nwodo Removed by Xfactoria: 6:55pm On Jan 12, 2011
ndu_chucks:

na_so, Go and read the judgement of Judge Ishaq Bello in dismissing the lawsuit against Jonathan. If I were GEJ and his people, I'd be very worried. Judge Bello essentially stated that the violation of article seven sub section two of PDP "constitution" or by-laws, is grounds for disqualification. The only reason why he dismissed the lawsuit was because GEJ or anyone else has not yet been presented as the PDP flagbearer. There is no doubt that a new lawsuit will be filled if Atiku does not win the primaries. It is not yet Uhuru.

@Dede1, I included scenario 2 because Nwodo may have been removed because of an issue related to his waiver. I don't have the details of the case however, so you are probably correct that the scenario is unlikely.

You are mistaking something. Even on the grounds of zoning and the applicable section in the PDP constitution, GEJ will still scale through. The zoning clause did not say how many years it will remain in the north or that the presidency in 2011 will be zoned to the north. So, it can be flawed in favour of GEJ.
Re: Pdp Chairman Nwodo Removed by Xfactoria: 6:58pm On Jan 12, 2011
seanet02:

What concerns me? Did i care if a court REMOVE Ebele Jonathan? Did i care if poverty development party is banished from Nigeria? Of course the answer to all my questions is CAPITAL NO!!!! Action congress, Democracy for Justice. Egba won danu.

See mumu. Is ACN any better than PDP? Have you checked out what is happening in Ekiti State? Thuggery and all?

Bros, all na same of the same.
Re: Pdp Chairman Nwodo Removed by mbulela: 7:19pm On Jan 12, 2011
all these grammar and analysis may not be necessary.
i hope no delegate dies in road or air accidents as the whole primary is irrelevant.
The PDP candidate will likely be decided by the courts.
Na naija politics we dey.
Re: Pdp Chairman Nwodo Removed by seanet02: 7:25pm On Jan 12, 2011
@x-factoria, you are the M.O.R.O.N. here. How can you compare ACN TO PDP? Under pdp government in ogun state students of the state university are paying N160,000 one hundre and sixty thousand naira. Under pdp government of oni in ekiti, students of the university of ado ekiti were paying N120,000 one hundred and twenty thousand naira. Under pdp government in osun state, oyinlolas government charged students N200,000 naira at the osun state university, Under ACN government in Lagos state students were less than N40,000 At the lagos state university, less than two weeks after Gov. Fayemi came into power, he reduced the school fees of the university of ado ekiti from a WICKED N120,000 to just over N25,000 While Gov. Aregbesola has said the school fees at osun state university will be reduced from N200,000 to less than N40,000. Now M.O.R.O.N. can you see the difference between Action congress of Nigeria and your demonic Poverty development Party? You must be an ibo man or hausa man to have reason so low. ACN FOR EVER
Re: Pdp Chairman Nwodo Removed by Obiagu1(m): 7:34pm On Jan 12, 2011
Serves him right. This is a very nice payment for him after he has tried to destabilize APGA.
Re: Pdp Chairman Nwodo Removed by zutu(m): 7:37pm On Jan 12, 2011
na wo for pdp
Re: Pdp Chairman Nwodo Removed by Nobody: 7:43pm On Jan 12, 2011
Nwodo files and objection against his removal

The national Chairman, of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) Okwesilieze Nwodo, has immediately filed a preliminary objection against a suit calling for his removal at an Abuja Federal High Court.

A court sitting in Enugu earlier on Wednesday ruled that Mr Nwodo should stop functioning as chairman and enjoying any benefits from the position pending the determination of motion on notice for interlocutory injunction. Counsel to Mr Nwodo, E.C Ukala, who filed the objection, argued that the appointment of his client was totally an internal affair of the party. He further argued that the court lacked that inherent jurisdiction to entertain the matter as the plaintiff had abused the court process in the matter.

A member of the PDP filed a suit in June, 2010 challenging the selection of the Mr Nwodo as the party’s chairman. Counsel to the plaintiff, Innocent Onwu argued that the appointment of Mr Nwodo as the party leader violated Section 85 of the Electoral Act of 2006 and the party’s constitution. He argued that the action of the party regarding the appointment of Mr Nwodo as its National Chairman also contravened Sections 221, 222, 223, 224 as well as 225 of the 1999 Constitution.

Presiding judge, Daniel Kolawole adjourned the matter till January 28.

source: http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Home/5663193-146/nwodo_files_an_objection_against_his.csp
Re: Pdp Chairman Nwodo Removed by Knight1(m): 7:44pm On Jan 12, 2011
I DON'T KNOW WHAT CAUSED THE REAL REASON/CALCULATIONS BEHIND THE REMOVAL OF NWODO BUT WHAT I KNOW IS

1. THE NIGERIAN JUDICIARY IS EXTREMELY CORRUPT (FORGET ALL THOSE REVERSALS OF GUBERNATORIAL ELECTIONS, ALL THAT IS TINUBU'S MONEY TALKING) SO IT IS UNLIKELY THAT THIS JUDGEMENT COMING ONE DAY TO THE PRIMARIES IS A COINCIDENCE, IT WAS MOST LIKELY CAUSED.

2. THE JUDGEMENT DOES NOT IN ANY WAY HAMPER GEJ'S CANDIDACY; REASON BEING, HE IS THE 'NATIONAL LEADER' OF THE PARTY' OBJ IS BOT CHAIRMAN AND SEVERAL OTHER REASONS.

SO MASTERSTROKE OR NOT, IT IS NOT A BENEFIT TO ATIKU.
PERIOD!
Re: Pdp Chairman Nwodo Removed by Ikwikwikwi(m): 7:51pm On Jan 12, 2011
The foolish man asked for it, and so be it. He has shot himself on the groin.
Re: Pdp Chairman Nwodo Removed by thweraja10: 7:51pm On Jan 12, 2011
So are they trying to rig the primaries again?
Re: Pdp Chairman Nwodo Removed by otokx(m): 7:52pm On Jan 12, 2011
2011 will surely be a year of drama for some Nigerians
Re: Pdp Chairman Nwodo Removed by Nobody: 7:56pm On Jan 12, 2011
this scandal. infact pdp is confused. the splitting up is around the corner, it is all albout an accident of time and geography.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Obasanjo Has No Choice But To Back GEJ In 2015 – Presidency. / Buhari And Atiku Absent At NEDG/BON Presidential Debate / 10th NASS: Governors Will Back Tinubu’s Choice, Says Makinde

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.