Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,184,201 members, 7,923,047 topics. Date: Friday, 16 August 2024 at 05:24 PM

What Could Be Wike’s Ulterior Motives For The Lockdown - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Could Be Wike’s Ulterior Motives For The Lockdown (1266 Views)

There Won't Be Wike To Rig For Tinubu In 2027 Election / Yusuf Obi-Datti: Motives Behind EndSARS Seem Political / "You Have Ulterior Motives" - Malami Reply SW Governors Over Sanwo-Olu/CSP Saga (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Could Be Wike’s Ulterior Motives For The Lockdown by lrdval: 4:23am On May 08, 2020
Really want to use this platform to hear from others and probably someone might get it right. Rivers state has joined TOTAL LOCKDOWN yesterday, and this lockdown only affects some local Governments in the state.
People has been wondering why the Governor will only lock down some parts of the state and leave the others open. Does that mean that those areas that where open are immune to the virus or not really part of the state that matters, or is there any ULTERIOR MOTIVES behind this total lockdown from Him.
Please this is 21 century and social media has helped a lot in exposing so many deals and plots by the government through one or two persons who outthink them.

Let’s share our views. What do you think might be the governors ulterior motives towards this lockdown. Let’s think outside the box.
For me. I think he doesn't want any oil company from his state to function properly. So that he can shake offs some cash from FG.
Suggest yours. Let’s reason together.
Re: What Could Be Wike’s Ulterior Motives For The Lockdown by MANNABBQGRILLS: 4:27am On May 08, 2020
Na money now,

Wetin again?!

He should only pray that Our Rivers State should not experience what Lagos and Kano went through and are still going through.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Could Be Wike’s Ulterior Motives For The Lockdown by willyo(m): 4:31am On May 08, 2020
Re: What Could Be Wike’s Ulterior Motives For The Lockdown by Melezenawii: 4:43am On May 08, 2020
bigiyaro:
OP, I don't think your brain is functioning normally.
Màke constructive contribution
Re: What Could Be Wike’s Ulterior Motives For The Lockdown by bigiyaro(m): 4:52am On May 08, 2020
Melezenawii:

Màke constructive contribution
what kind of contributions the entire country is on lockdown, there is a presidential ban on interstate travel, almost all the governors are either imposing a lockdown or curfew, am surprised and baffled that you are here saying wike has an ulterior motive.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Could Be Wike’s Ulterior Motives For The Lockdown by orisa37: 4:56am On May 08, 2020
TO GET A CHANCE TO KISS MADAM PUBLICLY.
Re: What Could Be Wike’s Ulterior Motives For The Lockdown by gaby(m): 5:13am On May 08, 2020
He is just being clever by half by treating other parts of Rivers the same way he accuses the FG of maligning the state.

1 Like

Re: What Could Be Wike’s Ulterior Motives For The Lockdown by Taich(m): 5:46am On May 08, 2020
The story of Rivers State is open if you have a neutral mind. The two LGA under lockdown are where u may consider to be called Portharcourt, over 95% of the companies in Rivers State and their workers live in this place, all the cases of Covid 19 were recorded there. So it makes sense to isolate this places properly not like what was observed in some parts of Lagos and Ogun were people were moving about during lockdown. Lockdown if done properly, we can beat this virus by simply quarantining and isolating those that are infected.

There is no motive here, all I see is a gateman (Wike) working hard to keep his home safe.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Could Be Wike’s Ulterior Motives For The Lockdown by helinues: 5:55am On May 08, 2020
We go dey here when they finally pushed Wike into Canal

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: What Could Be Wike’s Ulterior Motives For The Lockdown by jodeci(m): 6:25am On May 08, 2020
Hope you guys know he might be privy to some information which non of us know. 3 positives cases confirmed already as of today.

1 Like

Re: What Could Be Wike’s Ulterior Motives For The Lockdown by Karlifate: 6:35am On May 08, 2020
There's no ulterior motive there. He locked those place due to the first-hand information he got about them.
Re: What Could Be Wike’s Ulterior Motives For The Lockdown by sambless2016(m): 6:54am On May 08, 2020
U probably don't understand this man's question ASAP.
bigiyaro:
what kind of contributions the entire country is on lockdown, there is a presidential ban on interstate travel, almost all the governors are either imposing a lockdown or curfew, am surprised and baffled that you are here saying wike has an ulterior motive.
Re: What Could Be Wike’s Ulterior Motives For The Lockdown by sammyj: 7:14am On May 08, 2020
I believe to stop influx of Almajiri from coming to the state. This is my own opinion anyways!!! cool
Re: What Could Be Wike’s Ulterior Motives For The Lockdown by Leo3333: 7:46am On May 08, 2020
Taich:
The story of Rivers State is open if you have a neutral mind. The two LGA under lockdown are where u may consider to be called Portharcourt, over 95% of the companies in Rivers State and their workers live in this place, all the cases of Covid 19 were recorded there. So it makes sense to isolate this places properly not like what was observed in some parts of Lagos and Ogun were people were moving about during lockdown. Lockdown if done properly, we can beat this virus by simply quarantining and isolating those that are infected.

There is no motive here, all I see is a gateman (Wike) working hard to keep his home safe.

God bless you.

I don't understand the baseless theories flying around as if Rivers is the first State to be locked down.

Should the man wait till things degenerate to the Kano level before taking this step?

3 Likes

Re: What Could Be Wike’s Ulterior Motives For The Lockdown by Leo3333: 8:02am On May 08, 2020
lrdval:
Really want to use this platform to hear from others and probably someone might get it right. Rivers state has joined TOTAL LOCKDOWN yesterday, and this lockdown only affects some local Governments in the state.
People has been wondering why the Governor will only lock down some parts of the state and leave the others open. Does that mean that those areas that where open are immune to the virus or not really part of the state that matters, or is there any ULTERIOR MOTIVES behind this total lockdown from Him.
Please this is 21 century and social media has helped a lot in exposing so many deals and plots by the government through one or two persons who outthink them.

Let’s share our views. What do you think might be the governors ulterior motives towards this lockdown. Let’s think outside the box.
For me. I think he doesn't want any oil company from his state to function properly. So that he can shake offs some cash from FG.
Suggest yours. Let’s reason together.

This thread is needless.

Ondo, Kwara, Delta, Edo and a host of other States were locked down previously by their governors without any public backlash. Why so much noise about that of Rivers State?

You want the governor to wait till people start dropping dead in droves before taking proactive steps so you can turn around and blame him for inaction?

Wike hasn't asked the FG for any kobo. He only exposed the fact that Lagos received financial support while other States were left out.

I recall he also rejected the food palliatives offered by the FG on the ground that they were insufficient for distribution and unsafe for consumption.

There's is no ulterior motive other than a quest to keep his domain safe, especially given that we have an incompetent/indifferent government at the center.

5 Likes

Re: What Could Be Wike’s Ulterior Motives For The Lockdown by lrdval: 10:49am On May 08, 2020
Leo3333:

This thread is needless.

Ondo, Kwara, Delta, Edo and a host of other States were locked down previously by their governors without any public backlash. Why so much noise about that of Rivers State?

You want the governor to wait till people start dropping dead in droves before taking proactive steps so you can turn around and blame him for inaction?

Wike hasn't asked the FG for any kobo. He only exposed the fact that Lagos received financial support while other States were left out.

I recall he also rejected the food palliatives offered by the FG on the ground that they were insufficient for distribution and unsafe for consumption.

There's is no ulterior motive other than a quest to keep his domain safe, especially given that we have an incompetent/indifferent government at the center.

And he locked some parts and left the others open. What are you even talking about. Since he locked port harcourt LGA it was only on Wednesday that they reported that shell has provided testing machine for covid19. So all these while that he locked down this LGA, what was his plans. How can people even go for the test when the city is on stand still. No vehicles allowed. Oga comment your own and shift one side. . The question is. Why did he locked some part and left some parts open. What could be his motives.
Most people who supports Wike and this lockdown around me are mostly students who doesn't know what it takes to bring meal to the table.
If for one second. You think that our Nigerian politician has our interest at heart with any of their policy and actions. I am soo sorry for you.
Re: What Could Be Wike’s Ulterior Motives For The Lockdown by 24SEVEN: 10:55am On May 08, 2020
post=89307898:
Na money now,

Wetin again?!

He should only pray that Our Rivers State should not experience what Lagos and Kano went through and are still going through.

Our Rivers State?.. Mr. Man, are you Okay?
Re: What Could Be Wike’s Ulterior Motives For The Lockdown by lordlugards: 10:56am On May 08, 2020
post=89307898:
Na money now,

Wetin again?!

Our River state.
Ogbeni hope u are alright
Re: What Could Be Wike’s Ulterior Motives For The Lockdown by 24SEVEN: 11:04am On May 08, 2020
lrdval:
And he locked some parts and left the others open. What are you even talking about. Since he locked port harcourt LGA it was only on Wednesday that they reported that shell has provided testing machine for covid19. So all these while that he locked down this LGA, what was his plans. How can people even go for the test when the city is on stand still. No vehicles allowed. Oga comment your own and shift one side. . The question is. Why did he locked some part and left some parts open. What could be his motives.

The irresponsible FG did not provide Covid-19 testing machine for Rivers over 2months after the first case in Lagos from an Italian. You know how important Rivers is to Nigeria, yet we were neglected up until Shell provided 2 testing Machines. Instead of you to allocate blame to FG, your blaming Wike.

Wike has stated clearly that he can only do is flatten the curve and that is possible by enforcing lockdown. he can not treat anyone. call NCDC for that. He has provided Isolation centre, that is what state governments provide. The FG conducts testing.

Again, let me let you know that Bias has beclouded your reasoning.

Don't quote me.
Re: What Could Be Wike’s Ulterior Motives For The Lockdown by amakadlite(f): 11:10am On May 08, 2020
Taich:

this is the truth
Re: What Could Be Wike’s Ulterior Motives For The Lockdown by Donaldoni: 11:12am On May 08, 2020
I think it's to punish the FG for not giving Rivers state money by indirectly shutting the oil and gas industry... grin

OP I concur with you... smiley
Re: What Could Be Wike’s Ulterior Motives For The Lockdown by dbonks(m): 12:04pm On May 08, 2020
Before I answer you, the what is your motive of shutting your door at night when you sleep?
Re: What Could Be Wike’s Ulterior Motives For The Lockdown by Dakad: 12:16pm On May 08, 2020
I agreed totally with you. I'm a resident of PH. If you noticed the previous selective lockdown especially the Rumuomasi axis was basically targeted to reduce the spread based on the confirmed cases around that area. And this total lock down of PH to me is for people to self isolate incase of any exposure.

My challenge with Wike or any other governor or president declaring lock down here and there without conscious testing is half hazard approach. I would have love he uses this period of lockdown to implement what the Rivers State COVID-19 taskforce earlier proposed of visiting the hospitals to conduct random testing. With this, if any case is confirmed within this lockdown, effective contact tracing will help to minimize the spread.

We should not forget, if what we heard about majority of the covid-19 patients been asymptomatic, if nothing is done to discover any carrier during the lockdown, the consequence thereafter will be dangerous. I trust us when the lockdown is lifted, lots of people will throw caution to the air and the spread might be much. Even from my observation of the two days to the lockdown in PH, is so saddened that the rush made majority to threw caution to the air.

My point is that this lockdown will be more effective if effective testing is carried out especially by starting with the hospitals as earlier proposed.

Let's also try for some that have the capacity to help the less privileges around us not necessarily the online beggers but those living around us. This will ease the burden of lockdown on majority and together we defeat this virus by the grace of God

Taich:

Re: What Could Be Wike’s Ulterior Motives For The Lockdown by Dakad: 12:21pm On May 08, 2020
My point exactly. Let's all play our little role to ensure this pandemic isn't out of hand. It's a known fact that we don't have government in Nigeria from Federal to nonexistent local government. We can't handle major outbreak. Let's endure this little pain of hunger and inconveniences. And for as many who have the means let's help the less privilege within our neighborhood not necessarily the online beggar

jodeci:
Hope you guys know he might be privy to some information which non of us know. 3 positives cases confirmed already as of today.
Re: What Could Be Wike’s Ulterior Motives For The Lockdown by Taich(m): 12:24pm On May 08, 2020
Dakad:

My challenge with Wike or any other governor or president declaring lock down here and there without conscious testing is half hazard approach. I would have love he uses this period of lockdown to implement what the Rivers State COVID-19 taskforce earlier proposed of visiting the hospitals to conduct random testing. With this, if any case is confirmed within this lockdown, effective contact tracing will help to minimize the spread.

We should not forget, if what we heard about majority of the covid-19 patients been asymptomatic, if nothing is done to discover any carrier during the lockdown, the consequence thereafter will be dangerous. I trust us when the lockdown is lifted, lots of people will throw caution to the air and the spread might be much. Even from my observation of the two days to the lockdown in PH, is so saddened that the rush made majority to threw caution to the air.

My point is that this lockdown will be more effective if effective testing is carried out especially by starting with the hospitals as earlier proposed.

Let's also try for some that have the capacity to help the less privileges around us not necessarily the online beggers but those living around us. This will ease the burden of lockdown on majority and together we defeat this virus by the grace of God

If they can do this, I am sure we will achieve more with this lockdown, few days ago, Shell/Npdc If donated test kits to Rivers State, I hooe they can use it and achieve their earlier plan.
Re: What Could Be Wike’s Ulterior Motives For The Lockdown by valentineuwakwe(m): 12:30pm On May 08, 2020
I stay in Portharcourt and all I can say is that the Governor has lost focus in handling this covid 19 matter in the state whose case is now 17.....
instead he has infused 'one man show', 'rascality' and 'my word is final' acts!.....
why lockdown some parts of the state n leave others, well I believe by Sunday it will be over
Re: What Could Be Wike’s Ulterior Motives For The Lockdown by BluntTheApostle(m): 12:34pm On May 08, 2020
bigiyaro:

You didn't read the OP.

You just read the title of the thread.
Re: What Could Be Wike’s Ulterior Motives For The Lockdown by BluntTheApostle(m): 12:35pm On May 08, 2020
Leo3333:

This thread is needless.

You too didn't read the OP.

You read the title and rushed to comment.
Re: What Could Be Wike’s Ulterior Motives For The Lockdown by seanfer(m): 12:37pm On May 08, 2020
Taich:

If they can do this, I am sure we will achieve more with this lockdown, few days ago, Shell/Npdc If donated test kits to Rivers State, I hooe they can use it and achieve their earlier plan.

I want you to know that the 2 machines donated by Shell is still locked up in the state government facility because Wike want the machines to be stationed at the state hospital(BMH). The hospital will take weeks before they will start operating those machines. UPTH has upgraded their PCR machine and the one given to them by the FG and they’ve started testing as at Wednesday. They can test 50 samples a day.

(1) (2) (Reply)

With A Friend Like Wike, Obaseki Meets His Pdp’s Waterloo; Almost -Thisday Paper / Okonjo-iweala Breaks The Glass Ceiling, Emerges First Female DG Of WTO / Sunday Igboho: No Going Back Despite Bribe Offers From Politicians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.