Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,364 members, 7,888,155 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 08:41 PM

Should You Obey Ignorant Parents?? - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should You Obey Ignorant Parents?? (24051 Views)

Lady Read Out The “12 Commandments” Every Married Woman Must Obey (vid) / If You Obey Your Pastor Over Your Husband, You Have Committed Spiritual Adultery / Any Man Who Says He Loves His Mother More Than His Wife Is Ignorant-nigerian Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should You Obey Ignorant Parents?? by Blackmiserable(m): 2:45pm On May 09, 2020
SpecialAgent:

Well, let's agree to disagree, Even the first born in our family shows utmost respect to him. Despite his age & power, my dad can still scold him and he listens. And when it comes to professional & modern advice, my dad even listens to me( The youngest) talkless of my brothers.
Specialagent, I didn't say parents should be disrespected. Let me ask you again: are you saying that people should always do what their parents always want if it doesn't violate any divine precept? And do you?
Re: Should You Obey Ignorant Parents?? by Friend22(m): 3:33pm On May 09, 2020
xcabczyxabczzzz:

I see where you are coming from, don't bother replying my other question. Won't want to get an answer from a Brian dead dude.

Yes l am a millennia and wiser then you dumb fvck who think forcing your dumb ideology on your is cool.

Just look the gutter language you typed?
I won't say anything
Re: Should You Obey Ignorant Parents?? by xcabczyxabczzzz: 3:48pm On May 09, 2020
Friend22:

Just look the gutter language you typed?
I won't say anything
You started it and I owe you no apology.
Re: Should You Obey Ignorant Parents?? by Nobody: 4:05pm On May 09, 2020
Blackmiserable:

Specialagent, I didn't say parents should be disrespected. Let me ask you again: are you saying that people should always do what their parents always want if it doesn't violate any divine precept? And do you?

Well, as long as it's within my power. yes, though some times what they want might not be correct, so I explain why I can't do it that way and offer an alternative.
Re: Should You Obey Ignorant Parents?? by Nobody: 4:27pm On May 09, 2020
Senorprinz:
Even the Bible says " age doesn't translate to wisdom" calling someone ignorant doesn't imply any insult, it just means that they aren't knowledgeable in a particular area.

The best comments so far.
Re: Should You Obey Ignorant Parents?? by Nobody: 4:29pm On May 09, 2020
Sewa90:
Our parents are always right in their own opinion,especially my mom,she knows everything in this life,so I just go with the flow,if she says anything "Okay" is my everyday response,I don't stress myself for explanation, I already know what is right in my head

She is not God so she doesn't know everything in this life.

1 Like

Re: Should You Obey Ignorant Parents?? by Nobody: 4:50pm On May 09, 2020
SeriouslySense:
Despite the failures of our parents, i still admire and respect them, but we have to find our paths while at the same time, respecting the processes that shaped our parents and their experiences, without them, we are not here today

U just spoke my take on this. We should respect them and at the say time find our own part.
Re: Should You Obey Ignorant Parents?? by Nobody: 4:59pm On May 09, 2020
SpecialAgent:

Well, as long as it's within my power. yes, though some times what they want might not be correct, so I explain why I can't do it that way and offer an alternative.

Some parents are deliberately wickedly stubborn, no matter how u try to explain they won't listen. I have a friend way back whose parents forced her to marry an older man, abolished her education just because they think is the best for their family since he his wealthy. The marriage led to her death, and till date I couldn't bring myself to pay a condolences visit to the parents. If only she had disobeyed them.
Re: Should You Obey Ignorant Parents?? by Nobody: 6:49pm On May 09, 2020
iamloyalty:

Some parents are deliberately wickedly stubborn, no matter how u try to explain they won't listen. I have a friend way back whose parents forced her to marry an older man, abolished her education just because they think is the best for their family since he his wealthy. The marriage led to her death, and till date I couldn't bring myself to pay a condolences visit to the parents. If only she had disobeyed them.

Am very sorry for your loss, In that kind of situation, not only will I encourage her disobedience, I WILL FULLY support her too. I hate forced marriages
Re: Should You Obey Ignorant Parents?? by sholey4love: 9:44pm On May 09, 2020
Here is the answer to you question.

St. Matthew 10:37 He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.

St. Luke 14:26 If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.

For more explanation, advice and counsel. 08036838996
Re: Should You Obey Ignorant Parents?? by Sewa90(f): 12:47am On May 10, 2020
iamloyalty:

She is not God so she doesn't know everything in this life.

I'm sure you understood what I meant
Re: Should You Obey Ignorant Parents?? by iezeiyida(m): 12:50am On May 10, 2020
Re: Should You Obey Ignorant Parents?? by Nobody: 10:16am On May 10, 2020
Sewa90:

I'm sure you understood what I meant
I understand u perfectly. No human is right all the time.
Re: Should You Obey Ignorant Parents?? by mamaput1: 2:36pm On Jul 11, 2021
there comes a time in life everyone has to go their own way . sometimes my children come to me for advise but i only give them my input.
But i always add they should do their homework well before they take a decision. At the end of the day they have to live with the out come.
i see my advise just as an other point of view not as the gospel truth . I am not offended if they do not take my advise. I also make it clear to them they have my support and unconditional love no matter what.
parents are not above mistake ignorant may be a hash word but the truth remains the truth. in some Aspekts everyone is ignorant . nobody is a know it all .

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

My Father Is Destroying My Brother And My Family!!! / ''My Wife Killed Our Child, Hypnotised And Poisoned Me'' / How Do You Deal With An Overstaying Mother In Law

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.