Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,689 members, 7,921,478 topics. Date: Thursday, 15 August 2024 at 06:35 AM

Pink Shirts - Fashion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Pink Shirts (1754 Views)

Bride In A Pink Wedding Gown (Photo) / Should Men Wear Pink Shirts Or Trousers? / Natural Ways To Get A Pink Lip. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pink Shirts by saintneo(m): 1:04am On Jan 13, 2011
the end
Re: Pink Shirts by Dsense(m): 1:10am On Jan 13, 2011
^^You wish . . . .We derailers must make use of this thread before the mods lock it. grin
Re: Pink Shirts by koolchicco: 1:12am On Jan 13, 2011
D-sense:

^^You wish . . . .[b]We derailers [/b]must make use of this thread before the mods lock it. grin

PMSL grin Glad u admitted it though. grin
Re: Pink Shirts by saintneo(m): 1:22am On Jan 13, 2011
D-sense:

^^You wish . . . .We derailers must make use of this thread before the mods lock it. grin
gay boy!
Re: Pink Shirts by Dsense(m): 1:24am On Jan 13, 2011
^^Get out . . .I didn't type that ,My puppy did grin
Re: Pink Shirts by Dsense(m): 1:24am On Jan 13, 2011
saintneo:

gay boy!
You wish! undecided
Only one gay on Nairaland >>>Mr Cork grin
Re: Pink Shirts by aminalib(f): 1:29am On Jan 13, 2011
hmm, wonder how u know he is gay grin
Re: Pink Shirts by Dsense(m): 1:31am On Jan 13, 2011
^^Dirty minded grin
He told me cheesy
Re: Pink Shirts by aminalib(f): 1:35am On Jan 13, 2011
oh he showed told you, ok, tongue
Re: Pink Shirts by Dsense(m): 1:42am On Jan 13, 2011
You are pal,You know me in and out grin
Stop beating around the bush grin
Re: Pink Shirts by Nobody: 1:44am On Jan 13, 2011
aminalib:

hmm, wonder how u know he is gay grin

grin grin
Re: Pink Shirts by Dsense(m): 2:15am On Jan 13, 2011
^^Another dirty minded angry
Re: Pink Shirts by aminalib(f): 2:16am On Jan 13, 2011
i swear i will slap my bf if i come home and find all the meat gone from my soup again angry
Re: Pink Shirts by Dsense(m): 2:18am On Jan 13, 2011
^^^He might be hungry . . . .Why slapping the poor man cry grin
Re: Pink Shirts by aminalib(f): 2:19am On Jan 13, 2011
cuz he does it all the time, and then he will lie to ssay he just took one meat, lol, but when i sleep that is when he likes to play video games and violate my kitchen
Re: Pink Shirts by Dsense(m): 2:24am On Jan 13, 2011
Chai . . .Funny escapades grin
Just make sure you cook plenty meat,So that you don't find it annoying whenevr meat is missing again! grin
Re: Pink Shirts by aminalib(f): 2:26am On Jan 13, 2011
trust me i cooked last night and had friend fish, shrimp and meat in soup, lol, now its just the soup,
Re: Pink Shirts by Dsense(m): 2:35am On Jan 13, 2011
^^Manage it . . .boil egg with it. grin
Mine would be worst after getting married to my fiancee grin. . . Cause i don't like seeing fish or meat playing in the pot without joining them . . . I would like grooving with them ''Metaphorically''.
Re: Pink Shirts by aminalib(f): 2:36am On Jan 13, 2011
lmao@boil egg with it, i see u don't want me to be a married woman soon
Re: Pink Shirts by Dsense(m): 2:44am On Jan 13, 2011
^^Why you said that . . .Wrong thought cheesy
I want you married to him asap grin
Re: Pink Shirts by aminalib(f): 2:46am On Jan 13, 2011
grin grin don't worry, i will wait for urs first, i want to follow example
Re: Pink Shirts by Dsense(m): 2:56am On Jan 13, 2011
^^Chai . . .I'm the worst example grin . . .I say this to my siblings ''Sisters''
Better hurry up and conduct yours. . . .Mine is still in year 3010 grin
Re: Pink Shirts by aminalib(f): 3:07am On Jan 13, 2011
lol old bachelor, still thinking to run after young girls
Re: Pink Shirts by Dsense(m): 3:23am On Jan 13, 2011
^^^ grin grin . . , Not old Bachelor tongue
Re: Pink Shirts by saintneo(m): 10:16am On Jan 13, 2011
D-sense:

^^Chai . . .I'm the worst example grin . . .I say this to my siblings ''Sisters''
Better hurry up and conduct yours. . . .Mine is still in year 3010 grin
want to marry in da grave abi!
Re: Pink Shirts by Dsense(m): 2:34pm On Jan 13, 2011
^^^You are not well grin
Re: Pink Shirts by cskin: 6:33pm On Jan 13, 2011
IMO, the pink/blue issue is mainly a western tradition. Till date baby genders are identified with colours but not in Nigeria because we have the earings for girls, (to the most part of the western world piercing a childs ears is a no-no) I really dont think we should be immitating everything so much so that when a guy wears pink it becomes somewhat of abormination! Infact we are dark skinned and guys could really look good in pink shirts! just carry it off well.

As per research into this,

The debate of when and why pink and blue came into fashion to designate gender rages on, but almost every argument alludes to a passage in the novel Little Women, published in 1868. Amy ties a pink bow and a blue bow on Meg’s twins Daisy and Demi, so people will know the difference between the girl and the boy. This is said to be done in the “French style,” suggesting that it might have been possible in France that pink and blue were already gender specific.

There is evidence that this practice was not always common or always done throughout much of Europe or America. There are pictures of numerous male babies wearing pink jumpers in the Victorian and Edwardian era. In fact, many suggest that the colors at one time were reversed, with pink being considered more masculine. It is certainly true that blue, especially dark blue was associated with the Virgin Mary in Christian Europe. Painters often mixed lapis lazuli into paints to depict what was considered the most sacred feminine icon.

Most people who study the matter attribute the pink and blue gender assignment to the 1950s, which featured a virtual color explosion, not only in clothing, but also in things like appliances and furniture. Dressing children in pink and blue to specifically denote gender suggested the rising middle class and above. In other words, people who could afford to make the gender assignment did so, since many infants appear somewhat asexual when first born.
Another possible theory links pink and blue gender references to the 1950s film Funny Face, which stars Audrey Hepburn. Hepburn was though an extremely feminine woman, and her outfits in pink may have proven inspiring. This explanation is somewhat unlikely given that the film was not released until 1957.

Today pink and blue may not always mean what it meant in the 1950s. Pink is a traditional color associated with lesbian and gay activism. Especially for adults, both men and women may wear pink and blue. Though most men won’t wear a predominantly pink outfit, many wear pink button down shirts with suits. Further, since the 1980s, when day-glo fashions ruled the day, and shows like Miami Vice influenced fashion, pink became a much more acceptable color for men and did not necessarily denote a lack of masculinity.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Were Can I Get Or Who Can B Suplyin Me Cloth To Sell In Lagos / Fashion: Dressing Tips For Short Girls / How Do I Fry My Hair

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.