Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,176 members, 7,880,671 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 12:55 AM

Ikwerre People According To Wikipedia - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ikwerre People According To Wikipedia (1725 Views)

What You Need To Know About Ikwerre People / Ikwerre People Visit Oba Of Benin, Presents Indigenous Flag / Aniomas And Ikwerre People Have Not Learned From History So Sad. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ikwerre People According To Wikipedia by e4real: 9:45pm On May 09, 2020
Wikipedia
Search
Ikwerre people
Language
Download PDF
Watch
Edit
This article is about the Ikwerre as a native ethnic group. For the language, see Ikwerre language. For the local government area, see Ikwerre, Rivers State.

The Ikwerre (natively known as Iwhuruọha[3][4]) is one of the Sub Igbo groups in the Niger Delta region of Nigeria.[5][6][7] They are considered a part of the larger Igbo ethnic group. They speak Ikwerre, an Igbo dialect, which is sometimes considered a separate language[8] in the Igboid family, as a result of the quest for Ikwerre's recognition as a separate ethnic nationality.

Owerri people have their own Igbo dialet n they're Igbos, Ikwerre people has their own Igbo dialet n they're Igbos, Anambbra people have their own dialet n they're Igbos. Anioma people have their own Igbo dialet n they're Igbos, likewise every other Igbos in general. No tribe of Igbos is begging any other tribes to be Igbos. If you chose to deny ur identity because of Nigeria politics. That's ur business

1 Like

Re: Ikwerre People According To Wikipedia by helinues: 9:46pm On May 09, 2020
shocked

1 Like

Re: Ikwerre People According To Wikipedia by Nigeriabiafra80: 9:58pm On May 09, 2020
Israel has 12 tribes
Igbos as recently called has so many tribe
You can’t deny that

2 Likes

Re: Ikwerre People According To Wikipedia by BranddesignerH: 9:59pm On May 09, 2020
Hnmm
Op you try well you hear
cheesy

Abeg joor I will Design a Professional Logo for your Product or Services for 2500 Only. Please see my signature.

1 Like

Re: Ikwerre People According To Wikipedia by iaamxavier(m): 10:03pm On May 09, 2020
MightySparrow:
Ikwere kwanu!
Ikwere amaka!

Welcome to Ikwere state, Biafra Republic

Pls we need to stop Including the Niger delta into biafra struggle it's only bringing insult more and more

2 Likes

Re: Ikwerre People According To Wikipedia by ludd2018: 10:16pm On May 09, 2020
Why can't yorubas mind their business? Why are u denying ikwere their root just to continue to isolate ikwere from their brothers just because of Oil? South South or Nigeria delta was a creation of yesterday. These people had existed over 5000 yrs as one even before Nigeria was created by white man .

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ikwerre People According To Wikipedia by MightySparrow: 10:17pm On May 09, 2020
iaamxavier:

Pls we need to stop Including the Niger delta into biafra struggle it's only bringing insult more and more
Aha, the OP claimed that Ikwere and subset of biafra na!

1 Like

Re: Ikwerre People According To Wikipedia by 24SEVEN: 10:19pm On May 09, 2020
Ikwerre dey hot oh.

Success has father, mother, brother, cousins etc. See how IPOB has forgotten about Igbos in Benue begging to reconciled into mainstream Igboland, na Ikwerre wey no get their time dem dey rush..

6 Likes

Re: Ikwerre People According To Wikipedia by Nobody: 10:24pm On May 09, 2020
They call Iboland Igbinni. At the same time they are warlike, wild, and rapacious, and some of them are cannibals. Therefore they have to put up with being spoken of, by the Bonny people, as they would speak of sharks, lboman wawa too much, "Ibo people are very wicked" . . .
Re: Ikwerre People According To Wikipedia by Omoodua007: 10:25pm On May 09, 2020
24SEVEN:
Ikwerre dey hot oh.

Success has father, mother, brother, cousins etc. See how IPOB has forgotten about Igbos in Benue begging to reconciled into mainstream Igboland, na Ikwerre wey no get their time dem dey rush..

Na Oyeeel & sea port

3 Likes

Re: Ikwerre People According To Wikipedia by yanabasee1(m): 10:29pm On May 09, 2020
This Biafra might just turn out to be like Nigeria's silly amalgamation treaty....

Who are the people that'd force a particular tribe to another.... Just so, they'll be tagged the minority abi?
Re: Ikwerre People According To Wikipedia by Nobody: 10:30pm On May 09, 2020
Nigeriabiafra80:
Israel has 12 tribes
Igbos as recently called has so many tribe
You can’t deny that

People have been living in South East since 1324 B.C. while igbos were still in Isreal.

They helped develop Egypt of today, they built the pyramid till Moses saved them.

After other tribes of Isreal have crossed the red Sea, it was the turn of igbos to cross it. As they were crossing, pharaoh appeared and sea closed. The water brought them to South East through river Niger.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikwerre People According To Wikipedia by Nobody: 10:33pm On May 09, 2020
ludd2018:
Why can't yorubas mind their business? Why are u denying ikwere their root just to continue to isolate ikwere from their brothers just because of Oil? South South or Nigeria delta was a creation of yesterday. These people had existed over 5000 yrs as one even before Nigeria was created by white man .

They call Iboland Igbinni At the same time they are warlike, wild, and rapacious, and some of them are cannibals. Therefore they have to put up with being spoken of, by the Bonny people, as they would speak of sharks, lboman wawa too much, "Ibo people are very wicked" . . .

South south is ahead in South East both in civilization and commerce
Re: Ikwerre People According To Wikipedia by naijanaso: 10:58pm On May 09, 2020
e4real:
Wikipedia
Search
Ikwerre people
Language
Download PDF
Watch
Edit
This article is about the Ikwerre as a native ethnic group. For the language, see Ikwerre language. For the local government area, see Ikwerre, Rivers State.

The Ikwerre (natively known as Iwhuruọha[3][4]) is one of the Sub Igbo groups in the Niger Delta region of Nigeria.[5][6][7] They are considered a part of the larger Igbo ethnic group. They speak Ikwerre, an Igbo dialect, which is sometimes considered a separate language[8] in the Igboid family, as a result of the quest for Ikwerre's recognition as a separate ethnic nationality.

Owerri people have their own Igbo dialet n they're Igbos, Ikwerre people has their own Igbo dialet n they're Igbos, Anambbra people have their own dialet n they're Igbos. Anioma people have their own Igbo dialet n they're Igbos, likewise every other Igbos in general. No tribe of Igbos is begging any other tribes to be Igbos. If you chose to deny ur identity because of Nigeria politics. That's ur business
I hope you know that Wikipedia is types by humans and did not fall from heaven. Why is this Ikwerre thing so special to Igbo people. Why are the Igbos having sleepless night because of Ikwerre people. The Ikwerres say they are not Igbo. Is it by force? See me see trouble oh. You people are suddenly tired of attacking the Yoruba in the forum now it's to claim the Ikwerre by force. Na waoh. God forbid.

2 Likes

Re: Ikwerre People According To Wikipedia by Rodwave: 11:24pm On May 09, 2020
naijanaso:

I hope you know that Wikipedia is types by humans and did not fall from heaven. Why is this Ikwerre thing so special to Igbo people. Why are the Igbos having sleepless night because of Ikwerre people. The Ikwerres say they are not Igbo. Is it by force? See me see trouble oh. You people are suddenly tired of attacking the Yoruba in the forum now it's to claim the Ikwerre by force. Na waoh. God forbid.

Abobaku ritual killer how far? But you are not ikwerrre naa. Stop taking panadol for another man's headache.

You can comment when we start discussing about how to harvest human skull for Oduduwa revival.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikwerre People According To Wikipedia by oyatz(m): 11:30pm On May 09, 2020
Bros, there's nothing that concern Yorubas in this matter.

About 99% of Yoruba people don't even know what is Ikwerres.

If you doubt me, just travel around and ask a random guy on the streets of Ijebu-Ode, Ilesha, Iseyin, Aiyetoro, Ila-Orangun, Ilawe-Ekiti, Efon-Alaaye, Ikare Akoko or Ile Oluji what they think about Ikwerres.

Nine, out of ten will first ask you; what is Ikwerres?

ludd2018:

2 Likes

Re: Ikwerre People According To Wikipedia by pazienza(m): 12:55am On May 10, 2020
naijanaso:

Which Igbo people are Ikwerre special to?
More like poorly informed IPOB.
Ikwerre oil are insignificant and they are landlocked.
PH city is a potential fight to death affair between Ijaw and ikwerre, like Jerusalem for Arabs and Israel.

What exactly will Ikwerre add to Igboland? I am yet to understand IPOB obsession with Ikwerreland, its just 3.5 LGA for crying out loud and its landlocked as well, so its not like it would offer seaacess to Ndiigbo.
It all reeks of plain foolishness and lack of pride and dignity.
This is disgraceful.
Re: Ikwerre People According To Wikipedia by gidgiddy: 1:44am On May 10, 2020
naijanaso:

What I find funny is the hypocrisy of some Nigerians. They will say that Ikwerres say they are not Igbo, that it not 'by force' for Ikwerre to be Igbo and that Ikwerres have the right to choose who they are.

But if Igbos say they want to be Biafran and not Nigerian, all hell will break loose. The same Nigerian who was saying that Ikwerre should not be forced to be what they dont want to be, will suddenly forget the same right of choice he was arguing for Ikwerre people. The same Nigerian who was saying 'it is not by force' will suddenly say that "one Nigeria' must be by force.

The Nigerian remembers and supports the right of the Ikwerre man to choose not to be Igbo but develops amnesia when it comes to the right of the Igbo man to choose whether to be Nigerian

Hypocrisy in Nigeria is just too much
Re: Ikwerre People According To Wikipedia by mrvitalis(m): 1:44am On May 10, 2020
24SEVEN:
Ikwerre dey hot oh.

Why are you lying ...benue igbos , Edo igbos have received more attention than ikwerris

Asa people of oyigbo has far more oil than ikwerri so if u think it's oil ...ikwerri had little of no oil even in rivers State

Etche , omuma ,asa , these are Igbo people in rivers
Re: Ikwerre People According To Wikipedia by mrvitalis(m): 1:45am On May 10, 2020
Omoodua007:

Na Oyeeel & sea port
Ikwerri has little or no oil and has no access to the sea ....so what's your point
Re: Ikwerre People According To Wikipedia by mrvitalis(m): 1:46am On May 10, 2020
MinorityOpinion:

South south is ahead in South East both in civilization and commerce
If you are a Yoruba may all your children be useless ....I dare you to say amen
Re: Ikwerre People According To Wikipedia by Nobody: 4:48am On May 10, 2020
mrvitalis:

If you are a Yoruba may all your children be useless ....I dare you to say amen

Stop being silly and archaic. I don't believe in curses or wishful thinking, it can't work. If it does Buhari should be dead now.

Think 21st century and not 1300 B.C
Re: Ikwerre People According To Wikipedia by 24SEVEN: 7:18am On May 10, 2020
mrvitalis:

Ikwerri has little or no oil and has no access to the sea ....so what's your point

In whose Land is PH wharf located and I heard Ikwerre produces about 100,000 barrels a day.
Re: Ikwerre People According To Wikipedia by PortHarcourt1st: 7:43am On May 10, 2020
24SEVEN:

In whose Land is PH wharf located and I heard Ikwerre produces about 100,000 barrels a day.

PORT HARCOURT is a shithole. Which barrel of oil wey no dey affect una lives. Slum dwellers cheesy
Re: Ikwerre People According To Wikipedia by PortHarcourt1st: 7:46am On May 10, 2020
24SEVEN:
Ikwerre dey hot oh.

Ikwerre people are the most useless people in Nigeria. They are lazy and useless. See where ikwerre people lives. Slum dwellers cheesy

Re: Ikwerre People According To Wikipedia by 24SEVEN: 7:51am On May 10, 2020
PortHarcourt1st:

Ikwerre people are the most useless people in Nigeria. They are lazy and useless. See where ikwerre people lives. Slum dwellers cheesy

It doesn't concern me where anyone lives. I'm only concerned where You live.. Chinonso Dike where do you live??
Re: Ikwerre People According To Wikipedia by PortHarcourt1st: 8:15am On May 10, 2020
[s]
24SEVEN:

It doesn't concern me where anyone lives. I'm only concerned where You live.. Chinonso Dike where do you live??
[/s]

Chinonso Chinonso everywhere. You never still kpa the Chinonso. Coward. Please show me your slum house for this PORT HARCOURT neighbourhood cheesy

Re: Ikwerre People According To Wikipedia by 24SEVEN: 8:21am On May 10, 2020
PortHarcourt1st:
[s][/s]

Chinonso Chinonso everywhere. You never still kpa the Chinonso. Coward. Please show me your slum house for this PORT HARCOURT neighbourhood cheesy

Show your face, we go know how far.. Pictures of slum is not my business. na your face be my business. I will go through all your Chino monikers.. na your face I dey find..
Re: Ikwerre People According To Wikipedia by PortHarcourt1st: 8:24am On May 10, 2020
[s]
24SEVEN:

Show your face, we go know how far.. Pictures of slum is not my business. na your face be my business. I will go through all your Chino monikers.. na your face I dey find..
[/s]

Lol pictures of the slum concern you because that's why you are pained and crying all over the place. Oh I think say you get my pictures? What about the Chinonso pictures? PORT HARCOURT slum dweller. cheesy

Re: Ikwerre People According To Wikipedia by 24SEVEN: 8:29am On May 10, 2020
PortHarcourt1st:
[s][/s]

Lol pictures of the slum concern you because that's why you are pained and crying all over the place. Oh I think say you get my pictures? What about the Chinonso pictures? PORT HARCOURT slum dweller. cheesy

No Wahala, I'm on all your Chino monikers. I'm looking for the ones some Yoruba guys hacked your account around 2014 and displayed your family pictures.. it's just a matter of time, be patient I will search for it.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Do Women Always Hit Their Heads? / Countries With The Prettiest Women In Africa / PHOTOS: Popular NURTW Chieftain, Kunle Poly Visits New Oniru Of Iru, Pays Homage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.