Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,779 members, 7,875,934 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 03:23 AM

Lonart Ds - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Lonart Ds (789 Views)

I'm A Therapist For Children With ADHD, ADD, Autism, DS, Etc.I'm Based In Owerri / Zadip Healthcare LTD Introduces Medither-DS Anti-Malaria Tablets / Fake Lonart Tab Drug Gone Viral In Market (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lonart Ds by Nobody: 6:59am On May 10, 2020
I have a bout of malaria attack, and was placed on Lonart DS anti malaria drug and analgesic. The analgesic has always been in my family medicine first aid bag.

I have observed that after taking this drug, I have at least to say lost temporarily my sense of smell., could this be this drug reaction?

But I am happy my cuppa of coffee still taste bitter.
Re: Lonart Ds by ChybuzzDD(m): 7:07am On May 10, 2020
I hope you know loss of sense of taste and/or smell could be part of covid19 symptoms?
"Bout of malaria" or fever??
Every fever is not due to malaria.
Fever + loss of taste sensation now should prompt suspicion of covid19

1 Like

Re: Lonart Ds by Nobody: 7:17am On May 10, 2020
ChybuzzDD:
I hope you know loss of sense of taste and/or smell could be part of covid19 symptoms?
"Bout of malaria" or fever??
Every fever is not due to malaria.
Fever + loss of taste sensation now should prompt suspicion of covid19

r
Not in the least, This is not the first time I had this reaction, first was in September 2008 when I travelled to Enugu, I was exposed to high level of dust.
Thanks for your response, lost of sense of smell points to lots of factors, it affects over 1.5million Nigerians per year pre covid 19
Re: Lonart Ds by Kinematics: 11:56am On May 10, 2020
indigene:
I have a bout of malaria attack, and was placed on Lonart DS anti malaria drug and analgesic. The analgesic has always been in my family medicine first aid bag.

I have observed that after taking this drug, I have at least to say lost temporarily my sense of smell., could this be this drug reaction?

But I am happy my cuppa of coffee still taste bitter.

You know we are in the coronavirus era so losing sense of smell will always be suspicious. However if you think you had a drug reaction you need not be asking the question here, your Lonart DS has a leaflet that came with it same as your analgesic, you can read it to see all the possible listed side effects.

As for the analgesic hope you confirmed the expiration date before taking it. Drugs in first aid bags tend to remain there for long without use and most expire.

You said your symptom was temporary meaning your sense of smell is fully restored. However have you taken the next dose of the coartem and analgesic again since after the first dose?

What analgesic are you taking. Please be explicit.

NB. If this isn't the first you are having such "reaction" after taken lonart or a particular analgesic, do yourself a favour and avoid any drug that contains any component of those. And inform your health provider as well.

(1) (Reply)

Is High Blood Pressure An Ailment? / What the world must know about transgender / Are You Stressed Out Tired And Weak, Looking For How To Be Relaxed And Happy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.