Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,082 members, 7,939,370 topics. Date: Wednesday, 04 September 2024 at 12:58 AM

Why Was John Called THE BELOVED? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Was John Called THE BELOVED? (1609 Views)

Pastor Olakunle Beloved: Sex Before Marriage Is Not Sin (Video) / Message To The Beloved / "Accepted In The Beloved." (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Was John Called THE BELOVED? by Yungmil: 7:03am On May 10, 2020
Does it mean he is the only desciple Jesus loved? and if so what about the rest
Re: Why Was John Called THE BELOVED? by HappyPagan: 7:24am On May 10, 2020
Yeah, he was in a homosexual relationship with Jesus. Just like David called Jonathan his beloved. The Bible is full of homo stories.

1 Like

Re: Why Was John Called THE BELOVED? by madegreatbygrace(m): 7:45am On May 10, 2020
[quote author=Yungmil post=89380239]Does it mean he is the only desciple Jesus loved? and if so what about the rest

It may interest you to know that nobody in the Bible refers to John as the beloved or the disciple whom Jesus loves, except John himself .

John received the revelation of God’s love early on and took great pride in it.

It’s like you calling yourself “child of the most high.” This doesn’t prove in anyway that other Christians are not children of God. Some may not even see themselves as children or sons, but that doesn’t deny the fact that they are.

“But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name:”
‭‭John‬ ‭1:12‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

I believe this is clear to you.

1 Like

Re: Why Was John Called THE BELOVED? by CAPSLOCKED: 8:28am On May 10, 2020
HappyPagan:
Yeah, he was in a homosexual relationship with Jesus. Just like David called Jonathan his beloved. The Bible is full of homo stories.

CODEDLY. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Why Was John Called THE BELOVED? by HappyPagan: 9:17am On May 10, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:

CODEDLY. cheesy
Lot had visitors and the neighbors didn't like it. They came for his visitor's ass but he offered them his daughters.

David and Johnathan is well known - a true love story between two young Hebrew boys.

Elijah and Elisha. Elisha disappeared Elijah after he broke his heart.

Heard the devil also loves a few romps with his demons. Apparently, God had his way with most of them - that's why they call Him Yahweh.

Whom did Jesus leave a message to while dying on the cross? You guessed right... His lover and his mother. He told his Mom to take his lover as a Son.... That's true love right there.

I don't know why homosexuals reject the Bible, and Christians accept the Bible. I think its because both sides have never really read the Bible.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Was John Called THE BELOVED? by HappyPagan: 9:57am On May 10, 2020
madegreatbygrace:

It may interest you to know that nobody in the Bible refers to John as the beloved or the disciple whom Jesus loves, except John himself .

John 19:26-27
When Jesus saw his mother there, and the disciple whom he loved standing nearby, he said to his mother, “Dear woman, here is your son,” and to the disciple, “Here is your mother.” (NIV)

Why do you think Jesus turned down Mary's advances. He knew he was getting something special... Peter was hard to get, that's why he called him The Rock..

Think about it , 12 dudes walking around with one other dude... Just having fun. Visiting places, walking through mountains... Jesus and his disciples were like the Almajiris... Just hopping from one place to another..

It's sad he got crucified the way he did... There was no cure for mental problem those days. How can you say you are then Son of God and your mother is a virgin?
Re: Why Was John Called THE BELOVED? by Nobody: 10:21am On May 10, 2020
John was the youngest amongst the apostles, always with Jesus Christ. When Jesus Christ died he told John to take care of his mother (doesn't mean Jesus didn't have other siblings) Also no one ever called him the beloved instead he called himself the beloved.

Do you know that he wasn't the only disciple name John? That beloved is also used to differentiate.
Re: Why Was John Called THE BELOVED? by orunto27: 11:31am On May 10, 2020
John loved Mary Magdalene.
Re: Why Was John Called THE BELOVED? by HappyPagan: 5:59pm On May 10, 2020
orunto27:
John loved Mary Magdalene.
Really?
Re: Why Was John Called THE BELOVED? by spartan117(m): 9:50pm On May 10, 2020
HappyPagan:
Silence Satan.

@yungmill to answer your question, John was called beloved because among all the disciples of Jesus he was the one that deeply understood the love of Christ.

It was his understanding of this love that made him refer to himself severally as "the disciple whom Christ loved" hence the name John the beloved. He authored the fourth gospel (the book of John) and if you notice, he was only referred to as the disciple whom Christ loved in that book, not in the other 3 Gospels. This was because he wrote that book from his perspective on the love of Christ.

Hope your question has been answered.
Re: Why Was John Called THE BELOVED? by HappyPagan: 10:05pm On May 10, 2020
spartan117:

Silence Satan.

@yungmill to answer your question, John was called beloved because among all the disciples of Jesus he was the one that deeply understood the love of Christ.

Of course. Deep inside him, he felt his Master's touch... It's why he was quick to always get on his knees to worship His master. He even sat beside his Master at the Last Supper, leaning his head on his shoulder in admiration..

Well done, Satan. The things we speak are not for shallow minds - but for those who are ready to dig deep to where real treasure lies. May the Lord touch us all deeply, as he touched John. May we all be the Lord's Beloved.
Re: Why Was John Called THE BELOVED? by spartan117(m): 10:16pm On May 10, 2020
HappyPagan:

Receive Jesus Christ today and be saved.

Hebrews 4:7 Again, he limiteth a certain day, saying in David, To day, after so long a time; as it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts.
Re: Why Was John Called THE BELOVED? by HappyPagan: 10:25pm On May 10, 2020
spartan117:

Receive Jesus Christ today and be saved.
This thread isn't about me. It's about John, Jesus' beloved. Let's keep it at that please. Jesus loved men a lot. He lived with men, played with men, hung around men - even died with two men by his side.

Only the Holey Spirit can reveal such deep knowledge to you - but behold, you have a reprobate heart. You are stubborn and choose to reject new knowledge. For that, God will break you like he broke Mary's virginity.
Re: Why Was John Called THE BELOVED? by Yungmil: 10:27pm On May 10, 2020
hmmmm
strange
Re: Why Was John Called THE BELOVED? by Yungmil: 10:28pm On May 10, 2020
Holy

pagan
Re: Why Was John Called THE BELOVED? by spartan117(m): 10:29pm On May 10, 2020
HappyPagan:

This thread is about Christ.

John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Receive Jesus into your life today and be saved.
Re: Why Was John Called THE BELOVED? by HappyPagan: 10:36pm On May 10, 2020
spartan117:

This thread is about Christ.

John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

I don't want to meet His Father; there are ways that lead to better places. Ask that 2000 year old zombie to leave his Father's house and go earn a living.

And you should get a life.. if you need a dead Jew to show you life, you are quite miserable my friend. Very miserable.
Re: Why Was John Called THE BELOVED? by Nephilim: 10:37pm On May 10, 2020
We are all Beloved of God, but we are at different levels. John ensure that he drew so close to Jesus that he became His reliable Trustee.. To the point that there's nothing He can't tell him and because of this the other disciples envy him and sees him as The disciple whom He loved. They knew if Jesus didn't tell them something, they can always go through John to get the information from him, apart from that he's the youngest among them.
Re: Why Was John Called THE BELOVED? by spartan117(m): 10:40pm On May 10, 2020
HappyPagan:

Your choice.

Now for those with sincere hearts this scripture is for you.

Romans 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Recieve Jesus today and be saved. He loves you more than his own life.
Re: Why Was John Called THE BELOVED? by HappyPagan: 10:42pm On May 10, 2020
spartan117:

Now for those with sincere hearts this scripture is for you.
Oh, me heart is sincere. You just don't like my sincerity - it bothers you. Doesn't fit into your ideology...that's why you called me Satan... grin
Re: Why Was John Called THE BELOVED? by spartan117(m): 10:51pm On May 10, 2020
HappyPagan:

OK.
Shalom

(1) (Reply)

The Sin Against Holyspirit / Is God Fair? / Protestants/pentecostals, Make Up Your Mind. Is The Pope Evil Or Not?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.