Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,216 members, 7,873,954 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 10:05 PM

What Is The Life Span Of A Car Battery. - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What Is The Life Span Of A Car Battery. (5362 Views)

7 Ways To Elongate The Life Of Your Car Battery / 13 Common Mistakes That Can Reduce The Life Span Of Your Car / See The Thousands Of Laptop Battery Cells Used In Tesla Car Battery Parks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Life Span Of A Car Battery. by dgitrader(m): 11:28am On May 25, 2020
i dont about lagos and other southern cities. but up in the north, 99% of so called Korean batteries are china made. and theres nothing special about them. a battery that will last over two years is dependent on....
...shelve life(time of manufacture and storage temperature)
...charging system of the vehicle in use
...driving pattern(cheap batteries love long drives with lesser stop and starts) and...
...engine recommendation. everyone is going for 75amps batteries, but some engines require lesser amps for reasons best known to automakers.
Re: What Is The Life Span Of A Car Battery. by sheu01: 12:39pm On May 25, 2020
ogawisdom:

Everstart is top Korean battery I bought it 24k @ Enugu. Though I have just used it for a month which is too early to recommend it

Thank u, Everstart is a good battery.
Re: What Is The Life Span Of A Car Battery. by ogawisdom(m): 3:10pm On May 25, 2020
sheu01:

Thank u, Everstart is a good battery.

I use 75AH, 12v thought I should add that info

Best wishes
Re: What Is The Life Span Of A Car Battery. by blackwood(m): 2:40pm On Jun 03, 2020
ogawisdom:

Everstart is top Korean battery I bought it 24k @ Enugu. Though I have just used it for a month which is too early to recommend it

I just bought Everstart now for N23k, they collected my old battery and gave me a discount of N1,000. so I ended paying N22k.

Re: What Is The Life Span Of A Car Battery. by ogawisdom(m): 4:18pm On Jun 03, 2020
blackwood:

I just bought Everstart now for N23k, they collected my old battery and gave me a discount of N1,000. so I ended paying N22k.

Good one

Na the battery be dt

I sold my old battery 2k to them
Re: What Is The Life Span Of A Car Battery. by benefitzte: 5:45pm On Jun 03, 2020
benefitzte:

I have a battery I bought in July 2016 that still starts d car even if car sits for 3days without warming

And finally this battery don park up... Rip but I go still make 2k on it.
Re: What Is The Life Span Of A Car Battery. by blackwood(m): 8:26pm On Jun 03, 2020
benefitzte:

And finally this battery don park up... Rip but I go still make 2k on it.

2016 to 2020.

It has worked its worth, My prayers is that you get another that will last that long.

E be like say na only sell my old battery for 1k, everyone is selling for 2k.I feel cheated.
Re: What Is The Life Span Of A Car Battery. by bigx(m): 8:42pm On Jun 03, 2020
2/3 years
Re: What Is The Life Span Of A Car Battery. by Mancala: 3:53am On Jun 04, 2020
Batteries have a shorter lifespan in Nigeria primarily because of extremely hot weather. Overcharging is the second main reason for shortened battery life. The battery contains liquid and heat causes it to evaporate. Low fluid levels will damage the internal structure of the battery. My experience with batteries in hot climates is a lifespan of 2-3 years for batteries that could last about 5 years in temperate regions. A sealed maintenance free AGM battery is the best option for hot climates.
Re: What Is The Life Span Of A Car Battery. by Mayorwer: 9:21am On Nov 06, 2021
dgitrader:

Irrespective of the brand, painfully 99% of batteries in the market will never go up to two years, even on perfect charging systems.
absolutely true, all these Korean written on it is fake, they can not last more than 1(one) year six(6) month. I can testify to that

1 Like

Re: What Is The Life Span Of A Car Battery. by kaymart: 11:24am On Jan 18, 2022
luckaz:
So batteries can not last more than 3 years. Maintenance of cars is not easy sha
.as in

(1) (2) (Reply)

Please Help..converting Toyota Camry Hybrid To Regular Gas / How Often Should D Fuel Filter In A Tokunbo Car Be Changed? / Pix Of Real Accidents..........

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.