Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,942 members, 7,922,331 topics. Date: Friday, 16 August 2024 at 02:19 AM

This Is How Mother’s Day Was Born - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / This Is How Mother’s Day Was Born (437 Views)

Six Habits That Prove A Person Was Born In A Poor Family / The Attack And Embarrassment That Day Was Heavy / My Life Was Shattered On My Wedding Day. Was I A Side Chick?. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Is How Mother’s Day Was Born by Mixt: 11:03am On May 10, 2020
It’s time to celebrate the person who brought you into this world.

Here’s how Mother’s Day came to be, and how it’s changed over time.
The holiday was started by daughters
https://acrosstheweb.com.ng/2020/05/10/this-is-how-mothers-day-was-born/

Re: This Is How Mother’s Day Was Born by sisisioge: 11:28am On May 10, 2020
Biko OP, like how many mother's days do we do in a year? Been seeing the messages flying up and down since morning and I'm sure we did one not quite long ago grin
Re: This Is How Mother’s Day Was Born by Sixfeetbelle: 4:29pm On May 10, 2020
sisisioge:
Biko OP, like how many mother's days do we do in a year? Been seeing the messages flying up and down since morning and I'm sure we did one not quite long ago grin

Universal Mother's day, I believe, was scheduled to fall somewhere around early May. However, Catholic/Anglican Churches carved out their own day to celebrate mothers which usually falls sometime between March and April in the season of lent. So you have:
A) Mothering Sunday (march)
B) Mother's day (may)

Hope this helps.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This Is How Mother’s Day Was Born by sisisioge: 5:01pm On May 10, 2020
Sixfeetbelle:

Universal Mother's day, I believe, was scheduled to fall somewhere around early May. However, Catholic/Anglican Churches carved out their own day to celebrate mothers which usually falls sometime between March and April in the season of lent. So you have:
A) Mothering Sunday (march)
B) Mother's day (may)

Hope this helps.

Wow! Thank you for the explanation... So there are only 2 in a year. Nice.
Re: This Is How Mother’s Day Was Born by Sixfeetbelle: 5:08pm On May 10, 2020
sisisioge:

Wow! Thank you for the explanation... So there are only 2 in a year. Nice.

Well,... there maybe more but I'm only certain of these two cheesy
Re: This Is How Mother’s Day Was Born by sisisioge: 5:14pm On May 10, 2020
Sixfeetbelle:

Well,... there maybe more but I'm only certain of these two cheesy

grin grin grin grin

I hear it a lot but this particular one came too soon after the previous one I heard. Anyways, mothers are trying... We should celebrate them everyday. Happy mother's day to us women who love and care for children, biological or otherwise.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Solar System For Your Home With Instalment Payment / Ever Been So Broke That You Have Flashbacks Of Money You Spent Unnecessarily / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.