Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,661 members, 7,889,163 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 01:18 AM

Leaving The Institutional Church: Most Positive Spiritual Decision I Ever Took - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Leaving The Institutional Church: Most Positive Spiritual Decision I Ever Took (251 Views)

Fr Paul Obayi "Okunerere" Announces He Is Leaving The Catholic Church / The Best Decision I Took That Changed My Life Forever / The Beautiful Thing About The Catholic Church Most People Don't Know. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Leaving The Institutional Church: Most Positive Spiritual Decision I Ever Took by IsraelOA(m): 11:36am On May 10, 2020
Currently, a growing number of people are leaving the institutional church, not because they have lost faith, but they are leaving the church to preserve their faith.

The institutionalized church is the collected group of Christians who pretend to want a relationship with Jesus Christ on his terms, but lives it on their terms. Therefore, they create and serve a false Christ which leads to bondage, a lack of power, and a delusional mindset that believes he/she will inherit eternal life when in fact will be damned to hell if they don’t repent.

The Bible warned us about the institutional church prophesying the following:

Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron … (1 Timothy 4:1-2)

Think about it, someone will claim to be called, will leave a denomination, to start his and try to convince people to leave the other to his, now, how long will this continue?

Beloved, If you are thinking of taking the step, you are not alone. In fact, a sizable and growing percentage of the Christian population is leaving the institutional church. Many of these people were formerly very active in their churches and remain deeply committed to Christ. They increasingly find the institutional church is an obstacle to their spiritual growth, because the modern 'church' has drifted overtime from the primary purpose of the early church, bringing and inventing new things as it pleases the founder.

And for many that have left, they've gone beyond the guilt of not ‘going to church,’, and being able to see spiritual issues more clearly. They report a new sense of freedom in Christ, a greater reliance on the leading of the Holy Spirit, more relationships with other Christians, a more intentional prayer life, and a closer relationship with God and other believers.

In short, leaving the institutional church has become one of the most positive spiritual decisions in the lives of a fully grown believer.

synoptically, We are the church that left the Building.

1 Like

Re: Leaving The Institutional Church: Most Positive Spiritual Decision I Ever Took by Stephenomozzy(m): 12:20pm On May 10, 2020
Interesting read!

The truth has always been " Greater is HE that is IN me, than he that's in the world/building"

Too many buildings with little or no Christ!
With the passing of each era comes a new found about what Faith truly is.

That Christ may make His home in your hearts through faith.”—Ephesians 3:17

(1) (Reply)

God Spoke To Moses Directly, He Sent Angel To Mohammed, How Did He Communicate J / What Will You Be Speaking After You Die? / Dare To Be Like Joseph Series (pt 5)– Continuation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.