Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,726 members, 7,892,863 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 July 2024 at 07:01 PM

How To Write Letter Of Explanation (LOE) For Your Visa Application - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How To Write Letter Of Explanation (LOE) For Your Visa Application (3331 Views)

Sanwo-Olu Receives Letter Of Approval For Lekki Airport / Letter Of Explanation Vs Letter Of Intent Vs Letter Of Motivation / Your Visa Application Has Been Rejected As Nigerian Passport Holder - UAE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Write Letter Of Explanation (LOE) For Your Visa Application by cbhlznu(m): 9:59pm On May 10, 2020
Do you know what you put in your letter of explanation (LOE) can make or mar your quest for a successful visa application to the UK, US, and most especially Canada.

LOE simply does the magic if well crafted.

I will let you in on a secret that will ensure a successful visa application.

The first thing you must remember is you need to convince the Embassy or Immigration officer is that you are able to fend for yourself financially. You can simply do this with your Proof of Fund.

The second thing is to convince them that you will return home. There are various ways to do this.

They all have to do with demonstrating your strong ties to your home country.

But there is one that almost always works. Well, I have not seen it fail once.

Let us use Canada as an example or scope of study.

Ideally, Canada immigration and citizenship (CIC) is looking for previous travel to countries requiring visas such as the US and UK. If you have never visited one of the aforementioned countries then, you are likely to be refused on the grounds of travel history.

You can either add attach a letter of explanation to your visa application to the CIC explaining your travel history or wait for a refusal (LoL) and then send in your letter of explanation.

So let us bring in a real life situation, for example the visa officer refuses your visa application on this ground as highlighted below;

"I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

• Your proposed studies are not reasonable in light of: your level of establishment, language abilities, financial ability and I am not satisfied you are a genuine student and that you will depart Canada at the end of your authorized stay.

Do not panic, this is what you should do!

Now if you have the means, talk to reliable and regsitered immigration lawyer or consultant, but if not, this DIY tactics will be of help to you.

You have to write a letter of explanation explaining in details your travel history, home ties, language abilities and of course what you intend doing in canada

Travel History: Trvaeling to Canada with no travel history could be very difficult, this is why you should build a good travel history as an adult. Try to visit countries that require visa before you are allowed entry.

But, if you have visited countries like UK and US but was refused on this ground; you should give detailed explanation of your entry into those countries on your letter of explanation. Ensure to include the dates and purpose of visits.

Insufficient Language Qualifications

This is a big problem to English speaking and non English speaking visa applicants who intend to study in Canada. You must have your IELTS, TOEFL score intact and included.

You can use this template to explain your language score

"To underline my English language qualification, I have attached my TOEFL scorecard with the application. I had appeared for a TOEFL iBT (Test of English as a Foreign Language Internet based test) exam on 6th August 2016 and scored a total of 108 out of 120. Individual-section wise I have scored reading-28, listening-25, speaking-27 and writing-28.

My TOEFL scores have been accepted by the University as proof of my English language proficiency. The minimum required TOEFL score for my program is 100

With this I am sure the visa officer would be reasonable enough if you do not lie or withhold information as regards your true intentions to visit Canada.

https://www.canadaburger.com.ng/2020/05/how-to-write-letter-of-explanation-loe.html?m=1

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Price Of Chinese Student Visa / Death Toll Rises As Snow Brings Europe To Standstill (Stunning Photos) / France Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.