Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,784 members, 7,875,942 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 04:05 AM

Cars At U.S Auction Under One Million Naira - Many To Choose From. - Autos (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Cars At U.S Auction Under One Million Naira - Many To Choose From. (9754 Views)

*TOKS* ROVER JAGUAR U.s Auction Nw In 9nja Jst 350k / Auction Vehicles Below One Million Naira (*Updated*) / Buy Neat And Cheaper Cars At Lome, Togo - Call +22891222400 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cars At U.S Auction Under One Million Naira - Many To Choose From. by BizBooks(m): 6:12pm On Jan 25, 2011
foonshur:

pls resend the link to kobi4anite@yahoo.com

You have mail.
Re: Cars At U.S Auction Under One Million Naira - Many To Choose From. by BizBooks(m): 12:27pm On Jan 26, 2011
Bump.
Re: Cars At U.S Auction Under One Million Naira - Many To Choose From. by emmadaniel: 1:53pm On Jan 26, 2011
SEND LINKS TO MY EMAIL
@
emmadanielz@yahoo.com

I Urgently need a Ride!

SEND ALL THE CARS LINK. REPLY SOONEST!
Re: Cars At U.S Auction Under One Million Naira - Many To Choose From. by BizBooks(m): 1:57pm On Jan 26, 2011
emmadaniel:

SEND LINKS TO MY EMAIL
@
emmadanielz@yahoo.com

I Urgently need a Ride!

SEND ALL THE CARS LINK. REPLY SOONEST!

You have mail.
Re: Cars At U.S Auction Under One Million Naira - Many To Choose From. by BizBooks(m): 6:40pm On Jan 26, 2011
Bump.
Re: Cars At U.S Auction Under One Million Naira - Many To Choose From. by jordanese: 11:41pm On Jan 26, 2011
Please send the link to americanjordan@yahoo.com Thanks
Re: Cars At U.S Auction Under One Million Naira - Many To Choose From. by BizBooks(m): 11:56pm On Jan 26, 2011
jordanese:

Please send the link to americanjordan@yahoo.com Thanks

You have mail.
Re: Cars At U.S Auction Under One Million Naira - Many To Choose From. by Nautillus(m): 12:24am On Jan 27, 2011
please send link to clique4real@hotmail.com thanks cool cool cool
Re: Cars At U.S Auction Under One Million Naira - Many To Choose From. by BizBooks(m): 4:32pm On Jan 27, 2011
Bump
Re: Cars At U.S Auction Under One Million Naira - Many To Choose From. by BizBooks(m): 6:08pm On Jan 27, 2011
Nautillus:

please send link to clique4real@hotmail.com thanks cool cool cool

You have mail.
Re: Cars At U.S Auction Under One Million Naira - Many To Choose From. by enitanfred: 6:15pm On Jan 27, 2011
Please my e-mail is oyeyinkaoyekan@yahoo.com kindly send the link to me.

Thank you.
Re: Cars At U.S Auction Under One Million Naira - Many To Choose From. by BizBooks(m): 6:17pm On Jan 27, 2011
enitanfred:

Please my e-mail is oyeyinkaoyekan@yahoo.com kindly send the link to me.

Thank you.

You have mail.
Re: Cars At U.S Auction Under One Million Naira - Many To Choose From. by BizBooks(m): 12:31pm On Jan 28, 2011
Bump.
Re: Cars At U.S Auction Under One Million Naira - Many To Choose From. by princeonx: 11:42pm On Jan 28, 2011
I hope everyone asking for list/picture have their money ready. You keep asking for list and pictures of cars that are going at the auction this week hope you know that the pictures you see are NOT the exact cars you will get unless your buyer is buying them for you this week. If you chose from today's auction list and send your money tomorrow, just remember/know that the one/picture you saw was sold yesterday. Don't get me wrong, you buyer will buy you the same make, model, and year of the same car but whats the point in viewing a different picture and get something else.
Re: Cars At U.S Auction Under One Million Naira - Many To Choose From. by BizBooks(m): 12:20am On Jan 29, 2011
@ Prince Onyx,

You are talking about auctions the way they worked 10 years. Now before a car is brought to auction, it is displayed for 3 - 7 days for all to see. More importantly, majority of them have "Buy it Now" prices which means that you can buy them at a fixed price before the auction date. If you look at the auction list I provide to NLers, you will see that virtually all of them have "Buy it Now" prices.

Moreover, only about 40% of cars brought to auction are actually sold. If you attend auctions, you will frequently hear the auctioneers saying "No Sale" or "Park that car" which means the car in question was not sold. Most auctions been aware of this fact will allow you to bring your car for a second week for free if it was not sold the first time. Thereafter, you have to pay the auction fee again. I have seen cars brought to auction several times without been sold.

Finally, if you show me a car you like, I will check and see how many days it has left before the auction date. If it is too short to complete the transaction, I will tell you to look for another one. In fact a NL dealer recently asked me to help him get a 2006 Sienna. I notified him that it has only a few hours left and he chose another one. I keep my private dealings with NLers confidential. But the dealer's name ends with a "deleted". If he is reading this and wish to confirm my story, he may do so.

P.S: The letter I deleted above is enough to un-mask the dealer I referred to. There is nothing shady in our relationship but it will be better if he confirms my story himself.
Re: Cars At U.S Auction Under One Million Naira - Many To Choose From. by mcgboye(m): 1:23am On Jan 29, 2011
Hi Bizbooks,
Great Threat. Even greater response to inquiries.
kindly send pix ASAP to mcgboye@gmail.com

The amount (to the nearest $100) that will get each car to Lagos, including all associated costs.
It wouldnt hurt if you could connect me to a clearing agent that can help me with the clearing, someone you've done biz with and can recommend.

Thanks again guy
Re: Cars At U.S Auction Under One Million Naira - Many To Choose From. by princeonx: 1:44am On Jan 29, 2011
@Bizbook:Am sure you know exactly what am talking about despite the fact that you had to put up some fight like most people do here but I honestly don't have time for that, we're simply here to educate and learn from eachother. I also don't know how long you've been in this but I got my first dealer licence in 2001 just about as old as you stated in your response but that is still not the issue. I live in North-east of USA and we have different live auto auction every day from Tuesday to Saturday including on-line and I have also done the picture sending thing and 85% of the time, my buyers get the same make, model, and year of the car they want but NOT the exact picture I forwarded to them. Why? because of how I conduct my business. I don't buy any car simply because someone promise to buy it or swore that they must buy it from me. I have to have at least 50% down and the final payment in Lagos during or even before I hand over the papers (I've learnt my lessons). Also, lets assume one of your picture receivers chose a car today that goes at the auction next Tuesday or even Wednesday to stretch it, you know as much as I do that most naija buyers will hit the market first to conpare prices, confirm clearing cost, check exchange rate before buying and sending you dollars! thank God you correctly said most of them have "buy it now" prices, so while you guys are doing all that,  thousands of other dealers will sit and wait right? and for those cars that come to the auction over and over again, they actually have no business being at the auction because they are either too expensive or have some expensive to fix fault which dealers or buyers don'twant. Good and cheap cars don't come to the auction twice!! (always remember that if you claim to be a dealer). Anyway good luck if it work for you! am simply trying to keep the record straight because just as some buyers wont pay you when you buy their cars, some dealers wont buy you your car or exactly what you want when they get your money.
Re: Cars At U.S Auction Under One Million Naira - Many To Choose From. by BizBooks(m): 5:36am On Jan 29, 2011
@ Prince Onx,

I was forced to reply because what you described in your first response was a "Bid Only" auction. In doing that, you gave the impression that I'm misleading NLers when in fact they can buy any car I show them immediately through "Buy Now". Maybe you do not attend Manheim and OVE auctions which are by far the biggest auctions in the US with branches in all 50 states and even Canada and Puerto Rico. If you do, you will know that their auctions are both "Bid Only" and "Buy Now" with a majority being "Buy Now".

Also you kept talking about showing a picture and sending a different car. That is also known as bait and switch. I absolutely don't do that. I'm one of a few dealers on NL that provide VIN numbers for every car advertised. Click on my user name and check all the cars I have advertised now and in the past. So If I send you a picture, I will also send the VIN. The car in the picture is the same one you will get. If not, I will tell you immediately.

You are right that a car that comes to auction over and over again may be too expensive or have mechanical problems. But the point I was trying to make is that not all cars that come to auction are sold. The number that is un-sold is always greater than the number sold. Despite people's impression that they can get a car at auction for $1, most cars at auction have minimum prices. If the highest bid received is less than the minimum price, the auction will not sell. That happens more often than not.

Finally as long as a car has more than 24 hours left at auction, I can complete the transaction. I have a business partner in Lagos, so I don't have to wait until I receive your money here in the US. Once you give him a deposit, I will buy your car. Luckily, the auction does not require instant payment. You have up to 7 days to make payment on a purchase. If you are a dealer good standing, they may even give you more time if you need it.
Re: Cars At U.S Auction Under One Million Naira - Many To Choose From. by BizBooks(m): 5:44am On Jan 29, 2011
mcgboye:

Hi Bizbooks,
Great Threat. Even greater response to inquiries.
kindly send pix ASAP to mcgboye@gmail.com

The amount (to the nearest $100) that will get each car to Lagos, including all associated costs.
It wouldnt hurt if you could connect me to a clearing agent that can help me with the clearing, someone you've done biz with and can recommend.

Thanks again guy

You have mail. I have a reliable clearing agent who incidentally is from my town. So he will not run away with your money. grin grin grin
Re: Cars At U.S Auction Under One Million Naira - Many To Choose From. by princeonx: 7:58am On Jan 29, 2011
@Bizbooks:I see where you are coming from and with all due respect and sincerity I can tell that you are one of those car buyers who some how have access to auto auction. I personally don't regard or call them DEALERS! I preffer calling them auto buyers (don't ask me the difference). There are hundreds of secrets behind this business that you don't know. Honestly I still don't know all myself after over 10yrs in it but real/most dealers don't use "buy now" options to buy cars that they will resell unless they're helping someone buy it with the persons money or you're just doing your naija guys a favour. People meet me at the auction all the time and I buy cars for them at prices I know I won't buy it myself! if they really want it and have the funds that's all. Have you ever asked yourself why a car will come to the auction and have a minimum price? why its not sold to the highest bidder even though its called auction! and may I ask you what the word "auction" mean? What is the difference between a car on the street with a price tag, an advert of another car in the news paper with the price, a car at the car lot with the sticker price, and a car at the auction with a "BUY NOW" price? Not a single thing if you ask me! you even have better chances of bargaining with the other options than the buy now option. Do you know that 70%+ of cars with buy now prices on them are brought to the auction or posted on Mannheim/Ove by dealers who just want to get rid of them and still try not to lose money and banks that don't want to lose morethan the loan they have in it. They even prefer selling such cars to people who will personally use them not dealers who resell them! in such cases you bought your car from an auction facility not through the auction (I don't know if you get it). These are two big different buying options. People some times even pay more at the auction than from a private party or even a dealer on the street. Ol'boy make we leave this topic alone, a lot of Auto brookers don write books with hundreds of pages about this same topic so if we continue, we might reveal our business secrects grin or even step on toes angry All the same its called business! what works for you might not for me! and like i said before, all the best men!
Re: Cars At U.S Auction Under One Million Naira - Many To Choose From. by BizBooks(m): 12:27pm On Jan 29, 2011
@ Prince Onx,

What you have just done is a textbook example of why it is advisable to leave people's threads alone if you have nothing constructive to say. You have posted three long and winding essays on my thread and at each iteration, your argument changes.

For the benefit of those who may not have the time to read your last post, you are no longer talking about switching cars or method of payment. What you seems to be saying now is that it is better to buy a car through "Bid" than "Buy Now". Well if that works for you that's fine.

As I said before, it is apparent that you do not attend Manheim or OVE auctions because if you do, you will understand the merits of the "Buy Now" method. If you don't mind, please let us know the auctions you attend. My guess is that you attend Copart or IAA or both. Incidentally, I will not touch either of them with a 40 foot pole and I believe you know why.
Re: Cars At U.S Auction Under One Million Naira - Many To Choose From. by chairman97(m): 5:43pm On Jan 29, 2011
@BizBooks, you got mail. awa_24@yahoo.com.
Re: Cars At U.S Auction Under One Million Naira - Many To Choose From. by princeonx: 6:33pm On Jan 29, 2011
@Bizbooks:
You might not have time to read my post but anyone ready to commit 1millions kobo not to talk of naira to any dealer simply because they saw pictures or auction list will definitely spare 2mnts to read them! (I wonder why you want me to leave you so called threads alone).
Re: Cars At U.S Auction Under One Million Naira - Many To Choose From. by BizBooks(m): 7:21pm On Jan 29, 2011
chairman97:

@BizBooks, you got mail. awa_24@yahoo.com.

You have mail.
Re: Cars At U.S Auction Under One Million Naira - Many To Choose From. by BizBooks(m): 7:28pm On Jan 29, 2011
My brother Prince Onx,

You will make a good politician as you seem to have perfected the art of mis-direction. You said you attend auction on Tuesdays and Saturdays. I asked you point blank to tell us the name of the auction. You pretended as if you did not see the question and instead decided to talk about something else.

That is the modus-operandi of politicians. If you ask them a pointed question which they have no answer to, they will go ahead and answer something else (with a straight face). Congratulations.
Re: Cars At U.S Auction Under One Million Naira - Many To Choose From. by southstann: 10:06pm On Jan 29, 2011
need a toyota sienna 2003 model and a toyota camry 1999model, could u find a decent one for me?how much?
Re: Cars At U.S Auction Under One Million Naira - Many To Choose From. by BizBooks(m): 11:14pm On Jan 29, 2011
southstann:

need a toyota sienna 2003 model and a toyota camry 1999model, could u find a decent one for me?how much?

Here's the cheapest 2003 Sienna currently at auction. It is priced at $5600 (the next one is priced at $6700). I can get it for you at that price (no over-invoicing). However I charge a fee ranging from $750 to $1500 depending on how much deposit you are willing to make. For instance, if you make a 100% downpayment, I will charge $750 only. Under that scenario, you are looking at a total cost of:

$5600 - cost of car
$300 - shipping to Port
$1100 - shipping to Nigeria
$750 - my fee (for car purchase, shipping and clearing)

TOTAL = $7750 + N230K clearing cost.

VIN: 4T3ZF19C33U553668
Odometer: 122,960 mi
Transmission: 4 Speed Automatic
Engine Cylinders: 3.0 Liter V 6 Cylinder
Drive Train: Front-wheel
Exterior Color: Silver
Interior Color: Gray
Interior Type: Cloth
Body Style: Van
Doors: 4 Doors
Audio: AM/FM/CD
Top Style: Hard Top

Re: Cars At U.S Auction Under One Million Naira - Many To Choose From. by southstann: 12:46am On Jan 30, 2011
whats ure number ?how long does it take to ship, till it gets to lagos?
Re: Cars At U.S Auction Under One Million Naira - Many To Choose From. by BizBooks(m): 12:59am On Jan 30, 2011
southstann:

whats ure number ?how long does it take to ship, till it gets to lagos?

Ship transit time from the US to Nigeria is 21 days. But the shipping and clearing process can take up to 45 days or more depending on the date the ship leaves. Email me at [email]BizzBooks@aol.com[/email] for my number.
Re: Cars At U.S Auction Under One Million Naira - Many To Choose From. by princeonx: 7:59pm On Jan 30, 2011
@Bizbooks:For real my guy lets forget the fact that we are here debating back and front, do you really expect/want me to list down the auctions I go to for you? or are you saying that there are no auctions on those days? I really didn't think that was a serious question because a lot of people here including YOU know that there are auto auction in different cities and states on those days including Mannheim and on line they just dont have access to bidding/buying. Also for reasons I really don't know you feel like am a treat to you or your business by being here but that is not the case. we are simply trying to differentiate bidding and buy now if you preffer to put it that way. A good example of what am saying is the Sienna you have above, you are buying if from an auction facility using the "buy now" option not through the auction. The owner of that sienna wanted $5600 and you are willing to give him that, will you call that an auction? I bet you if the owner of that van can't find a buyer that will pay $5600 and end up running it through the auction, dealers will evaluate the van, check the dealers book value and he might end up not getting morethan $4500. That is the fun of going and buying through the auction. Ol'boy I don taya make I leave you before you vudu me grin because you don dey feel like say I wan commot garri for your mouth
Re: Cars At U.S Auction Under One Million Naira - Many To Choose From. by Mclusho(m): 1:56am On Jan 31, 2011
Please can you send the link and pictures of different toyota camry and corollas and Hondas below 1mil to mclusho@yahoo.com thanks
Re: Cars At U.S Auction Under One Million Naira - Many To Choose From. by BizBooks(m): 2:52am On Jan 31, 2011
prince_onx:

, The owner of that sienna wanted $5600 and you are willing to give him that, will you call that an auction? I bet you if the owner of that van can't find a buyer that will pay $5600 and end up running it through the auction, dealers will evaluate the van, check the dealers book value and he might end up not getting morethan $4500. 

@ Prince Onx,

Each time I come back to NL, there you are again on my thread. Don't you have something better to do? I know the North-East is snowed-in but it is not that bad. The roads are clear and people are moving around with ease.

Now to the point of your last head-scratching post, do you know the value of a 2003 Sienna? The one pictured above is priced at $5600. I also noted that the next cheapest one is priced at $6700 (a $1100 difference). That mere fact indicates that the one priced at $5600 is a bargain. Despite the fact that you claim to have been in the auction business since 2001, it is apparent that you have either left the business or lost touch with current trends.

For the benefit of anybody reading my exchanges with Prince Onx, it is obvious that he has no idea what he is talking about. He has tried his best to denigrate the "Buy Now" method when it is clear he does not know what it is or how it works. With proper research, the "Buy Now" method is the best way of getting cars at auction. In the past year and half, I have bought at least 20 cars from auction all through the "Buy Now" method.

P.S: In case you haven't noticed, eBay, the biggest auction site in the world has largely moved to the "Buy Now" method which is also known as "Fixed Price Auction".

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Extremely Clean Toyota Highlander (toks) For 2.6m Asking Price / Amazing! Tokunbo 2011 BMW 550i Gran Turismo "GT". Asking Price: NOW ₦7.5million / SUPER CLEAN Toks Honda 2009 N2.1m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.