Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,028 members, 7,946,465 topics. Date: Wednesday, 11 September 2024 at 06:34 PM

The Heavenly Race - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Heavenly Race (217 Views)

I Have Removed Myself From Heavenly Race -bobrisky Informs Preachers / The Heavenly Race / How Does A Person Know That He Or She Has The Heavenly Calling? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Heavenly Race by goodshepherd123(m): 6:49am On May 11, 2020
Capsules of liberty
Daily devotional

[b]Date :. 11-05-2020

*Theme : The heavenly race*

*Read :. Hebrews 12:1 Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us*.
*12:2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God*.

Memorise : *Revelation 21:1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea*.

*Thought for the day: set your heart on things above*.

There is no doubt that there is a place called heaven where God is dwelling(Isa 66 vs 1a).
And he has prepared a mansion for those who believe and are doers of his word(John 14 vs 1-3& James 1vs 22-24).
However, one *VITAL* question all believers must ask from the Lord is.
*Where am I in this race? .Have I not been disqualified*? Have I not lost focus? *Am I still laying up my treasures in heaven*?
In the year 2009 ,I was a Sunday School teacher in my parish in Lagos and I asked God a question. *Where am I in this race to heaven? *Have I even started the race at all*? And that night he showed me a revelation, in the revelation I saw everyone in my parish running a race like a marathon but I was the last person in the race, and I woke up. What!!! I was surprised that as a Sunday school teacher, i was the last in the race, because as a teacher I thought I should be in the first, second or third but alas I was the last. That is why you must ask this question today.Where am I in this race to heaven?
The Bible says in *Matthew 19:30 But many that are first shall be last; and the last shall be first*.
*Paul said in 1 Corinthians 9 vs 24: Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one recieveth prize?* So that ye may obtain.
With the way you are running, are you going to receive any prize?
Furthermore, in *1 Corinthians 9 vs 26: *I therefore so run , not as uncertainly; so fight I, not as one that beateth the air*.
*Vs 27: But I keep under my body bring it into subjection*......
*Has your body, and your appetite for *food*, *fashion* and the love of *money* not disqualified you?

In conclusion, make an amendment and get back in the race.

Assignment:
1. Be focus on your own race

*Prayer points*:

1. Father if I have been disqualified from the heavenly race show me your mercy in Jesus name.

© Dcn Oluwaleye Akinboyewa

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Heavenly Race by goodshepherd123(m): 10:47am On May 11, 2020
Holiness is must if you want to make it to heaven.
Re: The Heavenly Race by goodshepherd123(m): 10:48am On May 11, 2020
Heaven is real! If you miss heaven, then you can't miss he'll fire.

(1) (Reply)

Hidden Secret Of Success In Life: Look At The Target Not The Object / Worship & Pray With Us Online Today / Artificial Conception Outside Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.