Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,186 members, 7,977,471 topics. Date: Thursday, 17 October 2024 at 08:54 AM

A Letter To The Young Adult - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A Letter To The Young Adult (183 Views)

All The Young Men In My Compound Has Slept With My Wife I Am Devastated / My Relationship Advice To The Young Women / Dion Osagie Writes Open Letter To Wife, Winifred After Battering Her (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Letter To The Young Adult by Alexanderase: 3:22pm On May 12, 2020
A LETTER TO THE YOUNG ADULT

A man's desire is basically to be known and to validate his presence amongst men, no man wants to be less of himself every man wants to be successful. this ideology of success is becoming a norm in the gene of every human, placed on earth. For you to be successful there are many things you must understand and go through. many times, many want quick glorification. I once stated in one of my articles that men nowadays strive to be the best not for any purpose but for the competition, show-offs, records, and all that won't leave a mark on the sands of time. how unfortunate, young lads today are picking such trends and it's becoming a norm for every young man to just become successful and not impactful, early glory is now a tagline for so many young lads, whereby they criticize but can not bring up a solution. Today everyone tries to attain degrees and every certification just to fit in into the real world, words will fail me to describe how dishearting this has been. every young lad start a race and in no short time wants to see themselves at the finish line, many start the climb the ladder but in no time starts skipping the steps, many wants to stay at the top without having a root downwards. as my mentor puts it the only thing that starts from the top is the grave- TD JAKES.

If you feel life is a game, then you must be a joker in the game of cards and never a king or queen. many kill just to inherit what they never build, a wise man once told me never to depend on our your father's property or prosperity because it will kill you without you knowing. many young lads work just to get paid but never work to grow themselves how then can you fit in into the ever-changing world that tells you not when it ought to change, it permits you to discern when the season of change is here.

Who then is a man?

A man is a seed that grows into prominence. naturally, a man is with the emblem of dominion not in the context of dominating other men but to dominate what so ever he does. the manure of a man's growth is listening obedience and loyalty to high power. No man can grow without these (3) factors and if any demise these factors they will forever be stunted.

OBEDIENCE.

When a man is obedient, he becomes a friend to the higher power because obedience, will make you take the step you need to take at each point in life, and results will be a daily routine. what young men of today don't understand is that obedience is key to every impossible door. obedience makes you become a meek person, obedience makes you preferred and it opens up portals that you less imagine.

Abraham; in the bible history was an obedient man, that gave him the free ticket to be a friend to a higher power which in the end he was called the father of many nations.

Jacob in the bible did the same thing, he was obedient to his mother when she told him what to do to collect the blessing of Esau his brother, and in the end, Jacob became the strong nation, known as Israel as we all know today. obedience, therefore, changes your name, status and increase your coast in the case of Abraham, his name was changed from Abram to Abraham, Jacob was changed from Jacob to Israel and his sons are today known as the twelve tribes of Israel. Obedience again gives you generational blessings and a sustainable legacy. obedience, I can add that it is an honor itself because when you obey it shows a high level of respect, and respect can be equated to honor.

LOYALTY.

For you to climb up, there is first a place called down. permit me to draft my definition of loyalty from this context "down". everything that will amount to something great, must first go down. every seed must first fall to the ground and die before it will be permitted to grow. loyalty is a circle, you have to go through the circle repeatedly where you have to die, grow and bear fruit and die again grow again and bear fruit again. every stage you find yourself there is always someone seating on the chair of the higher power. if you ever get to any height in life, you must first recognize the higher power that is resident there, this is a major factor you don't want to miss, either in your place of work, purpose, marriage, government, church, school, team, relationship, society or your spirituality you must always recognize the place of the higher power nothing else matters.

Elisha in bible history was loyal to Elijah. so, therefore, the mantle of the double portion was bestowed on him and he could do twice what Elijah was able to do. loyalty places you in a position you would never think you could be in the shortest of time. loyalty sometimes in some case makes someone makes mistakes for you to take over. let us digress a bit to the story of Esther.

Esther was an orphan and a niece to Mordecai, Mordecai knew people in the king's palace. so he told her, to do as the man in charge of the maidens "hege" who has foreknowledge of what the king likes and dislikes. I believe loyalty must have taken place years between Mordecai and the chief maiden, so, therefore, you can see how loyalty in either way turn out to make Esther have access to the man in charge, and also Esther was loyal to the chief maidens which made her go through the circle of loyalty. Esther went through rigorous training just awaiting an unknown mistake out of queen Vashti. the moment Queen Vashti became disloyal to King Ahasuerus, Esther who had gone through the circle of loyalty bore fruit from that day henceforth, and if you read further after, she became the Queen. There was a time where her people were to be massively murdered. The loyalty she has with Mordecai made her step up and save her people from mass killing. this, therefore, is the dying again process. "if I perish I perish". loyalty is yet another master key to a door of destiny relationship- which is also sub manure for man to grow in life.

LISTENING.

Now here comes the great deal.

Any man that fails to listen can never grow in life, listen is a new silence. if you refuse to listen to high power things would eventually be hard for you as you start your destiny journey. when you fail to listen you open the door of uncertainty and hardship. there is an African saying that gives real meaning to the word listen. "flies that refuses to listen to words of the living will eventually be buried with the dead. this, in essence, is telling you that grave is at the other side of listening. listening can be coined to partial obedience. unbelievably listen and silent is of the same alphabets, this tells you when you listen, silence is dimed to follow without asking. that brings me to the word silence. many young lads are not silent over classified information that is why they lose their head, jobs, opportunity, and help.

When you are entrusted with classified information, you ought to guide it with your life. Because your silence is your visa to trust. when you fail to listen wrong things happen. many young lads never listen to the principle that made what they grew up to meet, you can't destroy what is, from the outside, you can only do it from the inside. silence gives you the ticket to seat with kings and men of high value and power, he that has ears let him hear. every great man once listened and had a silent moment, silent times could be the dying days, just remain silent, never pursue early gratification it doesn't pay, it only destroys what is to be. lack of listening causes you not to build and grow, it gives you this thug mentality, and "I know it all syndrome", every great personality today listens to someone or something. For you to grow, learn to listen to the critics most importantly because it makes you see where your faults are but you need to be careful, not to listen to every critic. some are destructive while some are constructive. you must have a mentor, someone that can mentor you in that area you desire to grow in, your mentor need to be successful in the same field of endeavor. if you don't have a mentor, things may be difficult for you, you need a shoulder to climb on to see far. but if you decide not to listen to anyone then be ready to till the ground but while you tilling, don't forget time is of the essence. Jeremiah 3:15. bottom line you need the GOD factor in your life and you need the presence of the holy spirit to guide you daily.

In other for anyone to grow and become a man you need these (3) factors of growth, learn these and make it your daily lifestyle then watch how you will skyrocket your destiny in no short time.

ALEXANDER_ASE_ON_YOUNG ADULT.

(1) (Reply)

Outcry And Action Against The Top 10 Crimes Committed By Nigerians / Gov. Wike Loses His S.A On Electronic Media, Mr. Simeon Nwakaudu / Bring Up A Child In The Way He/she Should Go.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.