Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,155 members, 7,907,141 topics. Date: Thursday, 01 August 2024 at 02:16 AM

The World Will End And Armageddon Will Come On Or Before Year 2000- Watchtower - Religion (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The World Will End And Armageddon Will Come On Or Before Year 2000- Watchtower (10289 Views)

"Your Colleagues Will Come To You For Food" - Adeboye's Prophecy Sparks Outrage / Prophet T.B Joshua: Coronavirus Will End On 27th March, 2020 (Video) / David Meade Claims World Will End September 23 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The World Will End And Armageddon Will Come On Or Before Year 2000- Watchtower by OgaNightmare(m): 8:59am On Nov 09, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

See mumu! cheesy

So who were their people worshiping before God ordered the Israelites to DESTROY them? Rahab was an inhabitant of Jericho that God's people destroyed, Ruth was a Moabite that God's people destroyed.

Perhaps you people just think it's ordinary stupid wars you're going about today praying to the same God so as to kill your fellow believers, shey? cheesy
They guy I qouted did not put that statement properly. Ruth was married to Naomi's one of son which will make her a nominal Jew, living in Moab.
As for Rehab she was a prostitute, whatever she worshipped was not mentioned we are made to know that she believed in the God of Israel that is why she protected the two spies.
So just saying that this people directly worshipped SATAN is an unguided statement.

You see how you just displayed your foolishness
No be me do you oooo
Intelligence officer my foot grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: The World Will End And Armageddon Will Come On Or Before Year 2000- Watchtower by tctrills: 8:59am On Nov 09, 2022
MaxInDHouse:
The injection is enough for now make i no give you overdose because that's what makes you keep dreaming about me as if nah me dey lead my ogas who taught me God's word.

For your information, i'm the least among JWs i'm just a learner among God's people but at least i know the PRACTICAL APPLICATIONS of Jesus' teachings as my ogas them taught me: JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES! smiley

What injection are you talking about.
We are all learners before God so again, you have no point.
Even the leaders of your group would make the same argument as you so it doesn't matter your rank, you all believe in the same thing.

1 Like

Re: The World Will End And Armageddon Will Come On Or Before Year 2000- Watchtower by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:01am On Nov 09, 2022
paulGrundy:

Put that question to Putin

He's already answering the world now and his own people!

Re: The World Will End And Armageddon Will Come On Or Before Year 2000- Watchtower by OgaNightmare(m): 9:05am On Nov 09, 2022
SeniorMan715:
The Mosaic Law required men to wear a beard, Christians are not under the Mosaic Law, nor are they obliged to observe it. Lev 19:27 though in some places, a neatly trimmed beard may be acceptable and respectable, some brothers have beards, some brothers might decide not to wear a beard. 1 Cor 8:9, 1 cor 10:32
Christians are not under the Mosaic Law but the building blocks of your Judicial Committee set up is taken from that law. grin grin grin grin
It's actually laughable how you guys brought legalism into the congregation

2 Likes

Re: The World Will End And Armageddon Will Come On Or Before Year 2000- Watchtower by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:11am On Nov 09, 2022
OgaNightmare:

They guy I qouted did not put that statement properly. Ruth was married to Naomi's one of son which will make her a nominal Jew, living in Moab.
As for Rehab she was a prostitute, whatever she worshipped was not mentioned we are made to know that she believed in the God of Israel that is why she protected the two spies.
So just saying that this people directly worshipped SATAN is an unguided statement.

You see how you just displayed your foolishness
No be me do you oooo
Intelligence officer my foot grin grin grin

Not so fast Mr Atheist! cheesy

According to Ruth:

"Intreat me not to leave thee, or to return from following after thee: for whither thou goest, I will go; and where thou lodgest, I will lodge: thy people shall be my people, and thy God my God" Job 1:16

According to Rahab:

And as soon as we had heard these things, our hearts did melt, neither did there remain any more courage in any man, because of you: for the LORD your God, he is God in heaven above, and in earth beneath. Joshua 2:11

According to God's word both Rahab and Ruth were worshipers of DEMONS before they decide to become worshipers of the God of Israel! wink

1 Like

Re: The World Will End And Armageddon Will Come On Or Before Year 2000- Watchtower by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:15am On Nov 09, 2022
OgaNightmare:

Christians are not under the Mosaic Law but the building blocks of your Judicial Committee set up is taken from that law. grin grin grin grin
It's actually laughable how you guys brought legalism into the congregation

Into the congregation of our own God nah! smiley

1 Like

Re: The World Will End And Armageddon Will Come On Or Before Year 2000- Watchtower by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:18am On Nov 09, 2022
tctrills:

What injection are you talking about.
We are all learners before God so again, you have no point.
Even the leaders of your group would make the same argument as you so it doesn't matter your rank, you all believe in the same thing.

My God will bless you for the highlighted, JWs have the same line of thought! 1Corinthians 1:10

John 17:22 wink

1 Like

Re: The World Will End And Armageddon Will Come On Or Before Year 2000- Watchtower by OgaNightmare(m): 9:23am On Nov 09, 2022
Courz you know there was one time the even made Jesus beardless.

*In 1954, “Questions From Readers” took two full pages to provide detailed explanation of the historical and Scriptural "evidence" of Jesus beardlessness.

“The traditional picture of Jesus shows him with long hair and beard, but the Watch Tower publications illustrate him as beardless and with short hair. Which is correct? — M.H., United States.

"The later Watch Tower publications show Jesus as beardless and with short hair because he is shown that way in representations of him that are older than the traditional effeminate-looking picture.

..........Since the Bible does not describe Jesus’ facial appearance or indicate he had a beard of length, we follow the oldest archaeological evidence rather than the later traditional view that makes Jesus appear effeminate and sallow and sanctimonious. Some use Isaiah 50:6 as proof that Jesus had a beard: "I gave my back to the smiters, and my cheeks to them that plucked off the hair: I hid not my face from shame and spitting." This may have been literally fulfilled in a typical way upon Isaiah, foreshadowing the shameful insults and reproaches to be heaped upon the servant class, the primary one of whom is Christ Jesus. Each one of the servant class suffers reproaches, but not necessarily all of the ones here specified. The record shows Jesus was whipped, slapped and spat on, but no mention is made of beard-plucking. If it had happened why would it not have been named along with the other abuses and insults? (Matt. 27:26; Mark 14:65, NW) In fact, the Septuagint rendering of Isaiah 50:6 does not mention the cheeks’ being plucked of hair, but as being slapped instead: "I gave my back to scourges, and my cheeks to blows; and I turned not away my face from the shame of spitting." The record in the Gospels states all this did literally happen to Jesus.” Watchtower 1954 Aug 15 p.511

This people can twist turn and disassemble facts to prove anything, I mean anything grin grin
More coming

1 Like

Re: The World Will End And Armageddon Will Come On Or Before Year 2000- Watchtower by OgaNightmare(m): 9:25am On Nov 09, 2022
A beardless Jesus on the Watchtower Publication (*Name on the photo)

1 Like

Re: The World Will End And Armageddon Will Come On Or Before Year 2000- Watchtower by OgaNightmare(m): 9:28am On Nov 09, 2022
Beards are part of facial hair, keeping beards are neither wrong or sinful.
Same as being clean shaven doesn't make you righteous or automatic salvation.

CHRISTIANs are a free people who are not bound by the creeds of men.

1 Like

Re: The World Will End And Armageddon Will Come On Or Before Year 2000- Watchtower by OgaNightmare(m): 9:31am On Nov 09, 2022
If I'm going by the JW style of reasoning, the GB telling the brothers to shave of their beards is indirectly promoting pagan customs.
A typical watchtower article will be like:

"Shaving has pagan roots. It was likely first practiced by Egyptian priests, and later promoted by Alexander the Great. (See wikipedia.org/wiki/Shaving) During Christian times, Christians wore beards whilst the pagan Romans, such as Pontius Pilate who authorized the impalement of Jesus, were clean-shaven..........."

Courz
OtenaAron
Temple333
Archoladey
ChristianFreedo

2 Likes

Re: The World Will End And Armageddon Will Come On Or Before Year 2000- Watchtower by OgaNightmare(m): 9:34am On Nov 09, 2022
Any more silly replies I'm detonating bomb on this thread, I mean bomb.

This particular bomb is from the study edition of a WATCHTOWER.
STAY TUNED grin

2 Likes

Re: The World Will End And Armageddon Will Come On Or Before Year 2000- Watchtower by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:34am On Nov 09, 2022
"No weapon formed against you will have any success, And you will condemn any tongue that rises up against you in the judgment. This is the heritage of the servants of Jehovah, And their righteousness is from me,” declares Jehovah! Isaiah 54:17

All of you should go back and make more research as to curse whom God has blessed but be rest assured that as many times as you come up with your hypocritical blabbing God's people will continue to gain more blessing. Deuteronomy 23:5

We are Abraham's descendants by faith in Christ Jesus so bless God's people and receive blessings or curse God's people and receive the curses! Genesis 12:3 smiley

1 Like

Re: The World Will End And Armageddon Will Come On Or Before Year 2000- Watchtower by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:37am On Nov 09, 2022
OgaNightmare:
If I'm going by the JW style of reasoning, the GB telling the brothers to shave of their beards is indirectly promoting pagan customs.

"Shaving has pagan roots. It was likely first practiced by Egyptian priests, and later promoted by Alexander the Great. (See wikipedia.org/wiki/Shaving) During Christian times, Christians wore beards whilst the pagan Romans, such as Pontius Pilate who authorized the impalement of Jesus, were clean-shaven..........."

Courz
OtenaAron
Temple333
Archoladey
ChristianFreedo

OgaNightmare:

STAY TUNED grin

Demon don enter this one he no know wetin he go do again! cheesy
Re: The World Will End And Armageddon Will Come On Or Before Year 2000- Watchtower by Courz: 10:02am On Nov 09, 2022
OgaNightmare:

Courz
OtenaAron
Temple333
Archoladey
ChristianFreedo

If you ask me, there is something more to this No Beard Rule. If you look at dangerous Cults, they always have rules, rules that don't make sense. If you look well, you will hear things like,

Always wear white

Always wear black

Don't eat this food.

Shave the whole of your hair leaving the middle or the front.

Don't do this, don't do that, etc

And when they create these rules, there is always something Diabolical that requires that. And you can't question these rules and logical reasons are not given for them because there is something more to them. You just have to obey.

This their god, Jehovah, aka Satan, always creates many rules in his different religions. For Watchtower to even write articles defending their stand, even depicting Jesus Beardless in the beginning, if you try to even keep small goatee, you will be warned as if you have committed one grave offence, JWs will be avoiding you, shows you there is something more to it. During Russell's time, they kept beards. Now, they show Jesus and his disciples with beards. Still, Beards are forbidden.

Watchtower likes to quote Encyclopedia about a topic when it suits their doctrines like Birthdays. But they never quote Encyclopedia when it says that Jerusalem wasn't destroyed in 607 bce. They quote where certain celebrations are shown to have pagan roots but they never quote where Father of a bride walking her down the aisle, wedding rings, Wedding emblems, Bridesmaids, Baptism, Days of the week, wearing jewellery, keeping cats as Pets, putting on makeup, covering your mouth when you yawn, etc have Pagan roots. In fact, The months of the year are named after Roman gods. grin grin
Re: The World Will End And Armageddon Will Come On Or Before Year 2000- Watchtower by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:36am On Nov 09, 2022
Me i sabi sey nah Jehovah witness initiate Pope, Adeboye, Kumuyi, Oyedepo, Olukoya, Chris, Lazarus and all of them not to keep beards.
Abeg no say nah me tell you o! kiss

Re: The World Will End And Armageddon Will Come On Or Before Year 2000- Watchtower by OgaNightmare(m): 11:08am On Nov 09, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Demon don enter this one he no know wetin he go do again! cheesy
Master of Ad hominems
I hail thee grin
Re: The World Will End And Armageddon Will Come On Or Before Year 2000- Watchtower by Courz: 11:09am On Nov 09, 2022
OgaNightmare:

STAY TUNED grin

You will always get silly reply. See a silly reply that carries no weight above. So, drop your bomb here! grin grin
Re: The World Will End And Armageddon Will Come On Or Before Year 2000- Watchtower by OgaNightmare(m): 11:10am On Nov 09, 2022
Courz:

If you ask me, there is something more to this No Beard Rule. If you look at dangerous Cults, they always have rules, rules that don't make sense. If you look well, you will hear things like,

Always wear white

Always wear black

Don't eat this food.

Shave the whole of your hair leaving the middle or the front.

Don't do this, don't do that, etc

And when they create these rules, there is always something Diabolical that requires that. And you can't question these rules and logical reasons are not given for them because there is something more to them. You just have to obey.

This their god, Jehovah, aka Satan, always creates many rules in his different religions. For Watchtower to even write articles defending their stand, even depicting Jesus Beardless in the beginning, if you try to even keep small goatee, you will be warned as if you have committed one grave offence, JWs will be avoiding you, shows you there is something more to it. During Russell's time, they kept beards. Now, they show Jesus and his disciples with beards. Still, Beards are forbidden.

Watchtower likes to quote Encyclopedia about a topic when it suits their doctrines like Birthdays. But they never quote Encyclopedia when it says that Jerusalem wasn't destroyed in 607 bce. They quote where certain celebrations are shown to have pagan roots but they never quote where Father of a bride walking her down the aisle, wedding rings, Wedding emblems, Bridesmaids, Baptism, Days of the week, wearing jewellery, keeping cats as Pets, putting on makeup, covering your mouth when you yawn, etc have Pagan roots. In fact, The months of the year are named after Roman gods. grin grin

The word WATCHTOWER is pagan also.
SUNDAY WORSHIP is also pagan.
This people are very funny grin grin
Re: The World Will End And Armageddon Will Come On Or Before Year 2000- Watchtower by OgaNightmare(m): 11:11am On Nov 09, 2022
Courz:

You will always get silly reply. See a silly reply that carries no weight above. So, drop your bomb here! grin grin
Ok Sir grin
Re: The World Will End And Armageddon Will Come On Or Before Year 2000- Watchtower by Courz: 11:19am On Nov 09, 2022
OgaNightmare:

The word WATCHTOWER is pagan also.
SUNDAY WORSHIP is also pagan.
This people are very funny grin grin

Oh Yes. If you type Watchtower on youtube, you won't only see Watchtower sources, you will also see videos dealing with Demonism and how to cast spells.

Watchtower in Witchcraft are towers where demons called The Watchers stay. And these are the same Watchers Watchtower contacts to give them spiritual food at the proper time via the Channel of Communication. If you want to summon them, you mention and do Rituals of Watchtower of the North, South, East and West. This is Enochian Magic. In fact, their old Watchtower publications used to have a tower symbol taken from a Tarot Card used by fortune tellers to predict the future and they were trying to predict the future from their inception. Chai! This Cult is pagan to the core. grin grin

1 Like

Re: The World Will End And Armageddon Will Come On Or Before Year 2000- Watchtower by Courz: 11:57am On Nov 09, 2022
This post below cracked me up so much this morning. JWs are taught that all what they are being taught in the Kingdom halls is equivalent to a 2 year University degree. grin grin Very delusional.

Re: The World Will End And Armageddon Will Come On Or Before Year 2000- Watchtower by tctrills: 12:06pm On Nov 09, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

My God will bless you for the highlighted, JWs have the same line of thought! 1Corinthians 1:10

John 17:22 wink
Catholics share the same beliefs
Christ Embassy members share the same beliefs. Again you are not making sense.

1 Like

Re: The World Will End And Armageddon Will Come On Or Before Year 2000- Watchtower by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:19pm On Nov 09, 2022
tctrills:

Catholics share the same beliefs
Christ Embassy members share the same beliefs. Again you are not making sense.

Why do you people have a form of godly devotion but abusing it's power? 2Timothy 3:5

Sharing the same BELIEFS means TRUSTING in the same line of thought so there's no way they can think of raising weapons against one another if they truly share the same beliefs! smiley

2 Likes

Re: The World Will End And Armageddon Will Come On Or Before Year 2000- Watchtower by Courz: 1:17pm On Nov 09, 2022
Watchtower is losing its grip on Japanese JW Youths. They want to japa! Wonderful! Japan is one of those countries where Watchtower is experiencing Huge loss of members.

Re: The World Will End And Armageddon Will Come On Or Before Year 2000- Watchtower by Courz: 1:19pm On Nov 09, 2022
More.....

Re: The World Will End And Armageddon Will Come On Or Before Year 2000- Watchtower by OgaNightmare(m): 1:58pm On Nov 09, 2022
Courz:
Watchtower is losing its grip on Japanese JW Youths. They want to japa! Wonderful! Japan is one of those countries where Watchtower is experiencing Huge loss of members.
It's the reverse here in Nigeria, many youths over here have this delusion that just being a jdub guarantees salvation. Some our just there because of the cabal they belong to (either the get-together freaks or the rich family squad_mostly friendship with benefits).
Non of them can give a systematic breakdown and analysis of their doctrines or a proper exposition of the scriptures.
A typical kid from the Borg is programmed to answer "It's of pagan origin" when asked about birthdays/other holidays (I know a lot
JW kids that celebrate it over here, this kids are just tired of uneccessary burden, I certainly have nothing against them).

1 Like

Re: The World Will End And Armageddon Will Come On Or Before Year 2000- Watchtower by OgaNightmare(m): 2:15pm On Nov 09, 2022
Courz:
More.....
I remember discussing with a schoolmate who was also a JW.
So somewhere into the discussion I talked about using an online interlinear translation for extensive study. Suddenly I told him that if Grimm-Thayer is available online it would have been much better.
They guy was like what's Thayer? grin grin grin
I went on to tell him about Liddell&Scott including James Strong.
"Are this books owned by the org?" He asked

I told him:"That the Borg qoutes from some of this lexicons that I mentioned?"
He later added: "But we have INSIGHT from the scriptures you don't need to search outside?"

*Meanwhile this guy is a very intelligent person, but the Borg succeeded in limiting him from searching things for himself.
I remember back then when I will read all the watchtower bound volumes at home.
Read Revelation/Daniel Prophecy cover to cover. Sometimes at the meetings I when met with a few friends I'll try to impress them with what I just read recently but all I got was a few strange looks. I bet some of them never opened those books.

Now I came to discover that I was chasing after the wind, all those knowledge took me nowhere, I was feeding on Junk.

1 Like

Re: The World Will End And Armageddon Will Come On Or Before Year 2000- Watchtower by Courz: 2:23pm On Nov 09, 2022
OgaNightmare:

It's the reverse here in Nigeria, many youths over here have this delusion that just being a jdub guarantees salvation. Some our just there because of the cabal they belong to (either the get-together freaks or the rich family squad_mostly friendship with benefits).
Non of them can give a systematic breakdown and analysis of their doctrines or a proper exposition of the scriptures.
A typical kid from the Borg is programmed to answer "It's of pagan origin" when asked about birthdays/other holidays (I know a lot
JW kids that celebrate it over here, this kids are just tired of uneccessary burden, I certainly have nothing against them).

You are right. A lot of them are in the Cult just because of the social cliques they have formed there. There are a lot of them that don't really take the Cult seriously. I have met some who celebrate Birthdays or even follow their Non JW friends to celebrate secretly. I know of One sister who even helped to organise her friend's birthday. I was still mentally in the Cult but couldn't say anything. I was just shocked. grin grin
But from what I have been seeing, Watchtower is also losing its grip on some of the Youths here in Nigeria. I have seen things. Look at many Nigerian JW families. There are always some or one person in a family that have either left or live double lives. They are not in the Cult because they teach Truth and can't even defend their Doctrines. It's just a social club to some.

You may think there are no PIMOs in Nigeria but you will be surprised to know how some really feel about the Cult but can't say anything. I have been to congregations where some only attend Memorial or conventions. or don't even attend at all.

1 Like

Re: The World Will End And Armageddon Will Come On Or Before Year 2000- Watchtower by Courz: 2:36pm On Nov 09, 2022
OgaNightmare:

I remember discussing with a schoolmate who was also a JW.
So somewhere into the discussion I talked about using an online interlinear translation for extensive study. Suddenly I told him that if Grimm-Thayer is available online it would have been much better.
They guy was like what's Thayer? grin grin grin
I went on to tell him about Liddell&Scott including James Strong.
"Are this books owned by the org?" He asked

I told him:"That the Borg qoutes from some of this lexicons that I mentioned?"
He later added: "But we have INSIGHT from the scriptures you don't need to search outside?"

*Meanwhile this guy is a very intelligent person, but the Borg succeeded in limiting him from searching things for himself.
I remember back then when I will read all the watchtower bound volumes at home.
Read Revelation/Daniel Prophecy cover to cover. Sometimes at the meetings I when met with a few friends I'll try to impress them with what I just read recently but all I got was a few strange looks. I bet some of them never opened those books.

Now I came to discover that I was chasing after the wind, all those knowledge took me nowhere, I was feeding on Junk.

Those books are real junks! Waste. They are now old light.

I remember when I used to read the Young People Ask Book and take what I see there so seriously. But in my interaction with a lot of Young JWs, I found out that no one reads that book. I got the impression that a lot JW Youths see that book as old fashioned and unrealistic and prefer to do as they like having a lot of sex and what not. That was when I realised that a lot JWs are not in the Cult because they want to be better people or because they want to increase their knowledge in the Bible. A lot of them are mentally lazy and that's why it is easy to feed them junk. Do you know that EXJWs watch their Broadcasts more than JWs themselves? A lot of them don't even know what is in their website. But they will be arguing with you. grin grin
Re: The World Will End And Armageddon Will Come On Or Before Year 2000- Watchtower by Templee333(m): 2:39pm On Nov 09, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

And when did personal choice of mode of treatment or neutrality in politics became a crime? cheesy
but personal choice of what holidays to celebrate is a crime? personal choice on who to marry is a crime?

2 Likes

Re: The World Will End And Armageddon Will Come On Or Before Year 2000- Watchtower by OgaNightmare(m): 2:41pm On Nov 09, 2022
Courz:

Those books are real junks! Waste. They are now old light.

I remember when I used to read the Young People Ask Book and take what I see there so seriously. But in my interaction with a lot of Young JWs, I found out that no one reads that book. I got the impression that a lot JW Youths see that book as old fashioned and prefer to do as they like having a lot of sex and what not. That was when I realised that a lot JWs are not in the Cult because they want to be better people or because they want to increase their knowledge in the Bible. A lot of them are mentally lazy and that's why it is easy to feed them junk. Do you know that EXJWs watch their Broadcasts more than JWs themselves? A lot of them don't even know what is in their website. But they will be arguing with you. grin grin
They don't subject the material they are being supplied with to scrutiny.
They just gloss over it and call God's only organization.
*Diverting from the topic a little, I heard a brother said he was disfellowshipped for talking about Jesus, they said he was talking too much about Christ that he had to be reported to the elders.
Omo grin grin grin grin grin I been no fit laugh
I now believe why people say they hate Jesus

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (24) (Reply)

HE SAVED ME -spoken Word Poetry Lyrics / Prepare Your Family For Rapture / Top 5 Websites To Download Nigerian Gospel Music (2018)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.