Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,840 members, 7,945,696 topics. Date: Wednesday, 11 September 2024 at 12:41 AM

Why Do Most Phone Sellers Don't Know What They Are Selling ? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why Do Most Phone Sellers Don't Know What They Are Selling ? (1454 Views)

Top 5 Best Phone Sellers In Ilorin / Chinese Are Selling Tecno Phones With Built-in Malware In Africa / Xiaomi Phone Sellers Come In (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Most Phone Sellers Don't Know What They Are Selling ? by silento(m): 11:19pm On May 12, 2020
I am a website developer backend and front end
Because of my work I only go for phone with reputable processor , good ram memory management , network bands supported most important

Camera and and battery life is not my problem but I do consider battery life

Screen must be wider or equal to 5inches

I was a full blooded tecno fans during the days of m3 and m5

After this two phones I tried htc and Sony then LG then Samsung

For over 4years I have been using lenovo phone but last year I bought direct used huawei for 15k after my lenovo fell and broke the screen my plan was to use the huawei for few weeks then repair my lenovo but I noticed that this phone was more stable and valuable than the yeye price it was sold for

This phone never hang , 4g for almost all the network in nigeria , finger print and good battery life I have to bench my lenovo

This year I decided to get new and modern phone to follow others show off my phone since everybody is saying that i should drop my huawei tag l22
It is old phone
So I made small visit to phone villa in my town

So this seller present me tecno camon 15 immediately my friend who was with me was like this phone na die na correct and the phone seller joined him start dropping lies after lies

So I ask the man how many 4g bands does the phone support and he said all the bands

I was surprised so I asked my friend for his phone I enter online and compared the phone to my old huawei Cox I don't have sub on my phone

I can't stop laughing inside my heart

So a flagship device tecno launched in 2020
Can not compete with phone made in 2015 in times of good processor , ram memory management , even good os and network bands

I just told my friend let check another place this man don't know a shit about phone he only have money to buy goods and sell ,

I later didn't buy new phone again

I will keep managing my huawei if covid wahala reduce I will make order for lenovo on aliexpress

Almost few shop we visited all they know is camera , battery life , and big screen with finger print or face lock

I even asked one what processor dey power this infinix I love the shape he was like android 7
With 4gb ram

Most sellers should go do proper training to maintain their customer no be every customer be olodo

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Most Phone Sellers Don't Know What They Are Selling ? by Nobody: 1:44am On May 13, 2020
I congratulate you brother, that you didn't fall for that expensive toy. grin grin

8 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Phone Sellers Don't Know What They Are Selling ? by silento(m): 2:10am On May 13, 2020
toniblacman:
I congratulate you brother, that you didn't fall for that expensive toy. grin grin

No small expensive toy grin
Re: Why Do Most Phone Sellers Don't Know What They Are Selling ? by SweetBuns(f): 2:39am On May 13, 2020
Whizkid sang the song "Expensive shit"
Techno who sells expensive shit signs whizzy and uses him as ambassador

8 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Phone Sellers Don't Know What They Are Selling ? by Sgbate(m): 8:37am On May 13, 2020
thee problem isn't with the seller its with the buyers, sellers only respond to customer demands.

imagining someone arguing that iPhones are the best phone in the world, I was about trying to convince him on why he should change is views then he said they don't even have RAMs ( meaning they are too good to use RAMs) then I stopped trying to waste my time, some people sha

8 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Phone Sellers Don't Know What They Are Selling ? by TheBlessedHero: 9:11am On May 13, 2020
Sgbate:
thee problem isn't with the seller its with the buyers, sellers only respond to customer demands.

imagining someone arguing that iPhones are the best phone in the world, I was about trying to convince him on why he should change is views then he said they don't even have RAMs ( meaning they are too good to use RAMs) then I stopped trying to waste my time, some people sha

Many people do or buy things based on stereotypes...
Re: Why Do Most Phone Sellers Don't Know What They Are Selling ? by KrazyDave16(m): 9:34am On May 13, 2020
Right on that.
I've come across very few sellers that know the in and out of the device they're selling, those who'd take offense when you don't buy their recommendations and those that will increase the price of what you really want to buy if they can't force their Tecno/infinix phones on you

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Phone Sellers Don't Know What They Are Selling ? by silento(m): 9:49am On May 13, 2020
Sgbate:

Hahaha some people are mad and dump
Re: Why Do Most Phone Sellers Don't Know What They Are Selling ? by jericco1(m): 10:47am On May 13, 2020
I knew it.. dude go get a Xiaomi device and rest
Re: Why Do Most Phone Sellers Don't Know What They Are Selling ? by silento(m): 4:10pm On May 13, 2020
jericco1:
I knew it.. dude go get a Xiaomi device and rest

Someone recommended that for me sha with redmi but I just love lenovo devices like mad
Re: Why Do Most Phone Sellers Don't Know What They Are Selling ? by jericco1(m): 4:11pm On May 13, 2020
silento:

Someone recommended that for me sha with redmi but I just love lenovo devices like mad

Well I'm using one and its nice.. Redmi 8
Re: Why Do Most Phone Sellers Don't Know What They Are Selling ? by Collinz2(m): 4:57pm On May 13, 2020
Sgbate:

When i was telling one id!ot on nairaland that most iphone users i have met are dumb he was say phone dont make one smart or dumb. I guess that guy dont know what RAM is. I dont argue with such people.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Phone Sellers Don't Know What They Are Selling ? by skywalker240(m): 4:59pm On May 13, 2020
Recently I was at slot, can you imagine what one of those slay queen's attending to customers told me when I asked her what chipset a particular phone uses she said the name of the chipset is octa core.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Phone Sellers Don't Know What They Are Selling ? by hardeycute(m): 5:01pm On May 13, 2020
silento:

What's your budget?
Re: Why Do Most Phone Sellers Don't Know What They Are Selling ? by sunshineV(f): 5:24pm On May 13, 2020
2 days ago I took a trip to slot with my aunt, she needed a new phone so I dropped by to help

I met one fine girl with grey eye contact, she kept telling me about how great the camon 15 is and I finally asked her the processor the phone is running on only for this fine girl to say "6GB/128GB ROM"

I shock

9 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Phone Sellers Don't Know What They Are Selling ? by Sgbate(m): 7:20pm On May 13, 2020
Collinz2:
When i was telling one id!ot on nairaland that most iphone users i have met are dumb he was say phone dont make one smart or dumb. I guess that guy dont know what RAM is. I dont argue with such people.
some people buy iPhone cos it is seen as a sort of status symbol, most of these people don't know jack about half the features of the their phones.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Phone Sellers Don't Know What They Are Selling ? by silento(m): 7:20pm On May 13, 2020
hardeycute:
What's your budget?

The lenovo am buying is 68k
Re: Why Do Most Phone Sellers Don't Know What They Are Selling ? by Collinz2(m): 7:28pm On May 13, 2020
Sgbate:

some people buy iPhone cos it is seen as a sort of status symbol, most of these people don't know jack about half the features of the their phones.
true talk.
Re: Why Do Most Phone Sellers Don't Know What They Are Selling ? by BenDanor(m): 7:30pm On May 13, 2020
sunshineV:
2 days ago I took a trip to slot with my aunt, she needed a new phone so I dropped by to help

I met one fine girl with grey eye contact, she kept telling me about how great the camon 15 is and I finally asked her the processor the phone is running on only for this fine girl to say "6GB/128GB ROM"

I shock
lol grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Phone Sellers Don't Know What They Are Selling ? by skywalker240(m): 7:31pm On May 13, 2020
TheBlessedHero:

Many people do or buy things based on stereotypes...
i would'nt use the word stereotype,

in essence it all bores down to the fact that majority of Nigerians are what we call TECH-ILLITERATES

You can see the reason why Tecno and Infiniw keep having a feild day with them.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Phone Sellers Don't Know What They Are Selling ? by skywalker240(m): 7:36pm On May 13, 2020
Sgbate:

yoo have said it all, these are some of the tech illiterates we're talking about.

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Phone Sellers Don't Know What They Are Selling ? by Thelucifer666(m): 9:07pm On May 13, 2020
Most of them are just selling for selling sake.
I once asked one if the Samsung s10 she was selling is exynos or snapdragon she told me its dual sim.
I immediately stopped our conversation.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Phone Sellers Don't Know What They Are Selling ? by Lekan111(m): 10:21pm On May 13, 2020
Some of us learn when we read topics like this.
You tech savvy should not stop enlightening us.
Thank you.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Phone Sellers Don't Know What They Are Selling ? by ubev01(m): 10:44pm On May 13, 2020
Sgbate:

they don't even USE ram may just be his own way of telling you that they are not as ram hungry as Android. Iphone 11 pro max 4gb, Android flagships 12gb.
Re: Why Do Most Phone Sellers Don't Know What They Are Selling ? by Sgbate(m): 11:19pm On May 13, 2020
ubev01:
they don't even USE ram may just be his own way of telling you that they are not as ram hungry as Android. Iphone 11 pro max 4gb, Android flagships 12gb.
exactly, I wanted to make him see that, buh he was too bent on trying to prove me wrong about iPhones, told him iOS Is optimised well enough not to need huge rams doesn't mean iPhones don't need rams to work , buh mbanu since people hardly complain/mention iPhone RAMs automatically meant they don't need one .

worst he called an iPhone dealer to confirm if iPhone use RAMs ,that one said the 32GB,64GB,128GB spec they usually mention is what is meant by the RAM, kai wetin Musa no go see for gate sad

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Phone Sellers Don't Know What They Are Selling ? by SonsofIpswich: 11:30pm On May 13, 2020
Thelucifer666:
Most of them are just selling for selling sake.
I once asked one if the Samsung s10 she was selling is exynos or snapdragon she told me its dual sim.
I immediately stopped our conversation.
You don't say...

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Phone Sellers Don't Know What They Are Selling ? by ubev01(m): 1:10am On May 14, 2020
Sgbate:

exactly, I wanted to make him see that, buh he was too bent on trying to prove me wrong about iPhones, told him iOS Is optimised well enough not to need huge rams doesn't mean iPhones don't need rams to work , buh mbanu since people hardly complain/mention iPhone RAMs automatically meant they don't need one .

worst he called an iPhone dealer to confirm if iPhone use RAMs ,that one said the 32GB,64GB,128GB spec they usually mention is what is meant by the RAM, kai wetin Musa no go see for gate sad
i have fainted

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Phone Sellers Don't Know What They Are Selling ? by Collinz2(m): 6:56am On May 14, 2020
ubev01:
i have fainted
gringrin

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Phone Sellers Don't Know What They Are Selling ? by Icechillz(m): 5:58pm On May 14, 2020
Lekan111:
Thank you.
Kindly drop ur whatsapp number, i want to ask you something.
Re: Why Do Most Phone Sellers Don't Know What They Are Selling ? by Icechillz(m): 11:50am On May 15, 2020
Lekan111:
Thank you.
I saw ur mail but i can't access it, reach me on whatsapp 08084138two64

(1) (Reply)

Help! My Phone Has Gone Mad. / Which Phone Can I Get With A Budget Of N75,000 / Clean Xiaomi Redmi 9c For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.