Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,893 members, 7,876,402 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 04:24 PM

Why Black People Are Treated With Disdain Everywhere. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Black People Are Treated With Disdain Everywhere. (618 Views)

Buhari Signing PIB Shows Disdain For Niger Delta People, Says PDP / Igbos Are More Nigerian Than Everyone Yet We Are Treated Like Mumu - Peter Obi / 25 Reasons To Be Worried About President Buhari's Disdain For Democracy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Black People Are Treated With Disdain Everywhere. by Indigenous(f): 7:25pm On May 13, 2020
If you are a Muslim and also a black African, I want to share a few things some Islam scholars and clerics think about you.
I am compiling this because I am in a WhatsApp group that is rescuing young African women who traveled to Arab countries for maid jobs. I hear different stories of maltreatment and dehumanization every day, many have died in the process, and many are currently trapped. So why are they treated this way? Perhaps the few texts below can give us a clue.
Let's start with Muhammad, the progenitor of Islam.
•Muhammad owned and sold Black slaves. In fact, he ordered and built the pulpit of his mosque with African slave labor. The Qur'an encourages sex with female slaves in several places.
Classical Islamic law allows a light-skinned Muslim man to marry a Black woman, but a Black Muslim man is restricted from marrying a light-skinned woman.
As the literature of the time put it, "only a LovePeddler prefers blacks; the good woman will welcome death rather than being touched by a black man.” So interwoven is slavery with Islam that Islams’ holiest city, Mecca (site of the Haj pilgrimage), was a slave-trading capital.
•Osama Bin Laden
In a discussion with the Sudanese-American novelist, Kola Boof, in Morocco in 1996, he said: "When next you meet an Arab, you should ask what is the Arabic word for slave, you’ll discover that the words are the same as 'abeed.' This is why when an Arab looks at a black African, what he sees is a slave."
•Ibn Khaldun
An early Muslim thinker writes that Blacks are "only humans who are closer to dumb animals than to rational beings."
•Muslim Arab and Persian literature depict Blacks as "stupid, untruthful, vicious, sexually unbridled, ugly and distorted, excessively merry and easily affected by music and drink.”
•Ibn Sina (Avicenna 980–1037), Arab’s most famous and influential philosopher/
scientist in Islam, described Blacks as “people who are by their very nature slaves.” He wrote: “All African women are prostitutes, and the whole race of African men are abeed (slave) stock.” He equated Black people with “rats plaguing the earth.”
•Al-Dimashqi, an Arab pseudo scientist wrote, “the Equator is inhabited by communities of blacks who may be numbered among the savage beasts. Their complexion and hair are burnt and they are physically and morally abnormal. Their brains almost boil from the sun’s heat."
I heard the Apostle say: ‘Whoever wants to see Satan should look at Nabtal!' He was a black man with long flowing hair, inflamed eyes, and dark ruddy cheeks.
There are a lot more of these quotes from Early Islamic clerics. You can look them up online. This post isn't targeted to make you angry or play the victim card as a black person. I only want you to understand the root cause of our socio-cultural problems. We treat enemies as friends, we hold those who look down on us in high esteem, and even worship their God.
Today, an average Muslim from Northern Nigeria prefers Arabic names and language to the indigenous ones. The vast cultural difference between Northern and Southern Nigeria is not tribal but religious.
The choice is yours my black African Muslims, now you understand that the holy land you wish to visit before you die was once a slave market where your Ancestors were sold like chickens.
You can continue to follow or stop and let us look inwards to understand why black people are treated with disdain everywhere. Only then can we bond together to restore our dignity.

4 Likes

Re: Why Black People Are Treated With Disdain Everywhere. by bigiyaro(m): 7:34pm On May 13, 2020
excellent research and write up. Thumbs up OP, but unfortunately the black man fits all the descriptions as above and more unfortunately nobody can do anything about it, "God" was unfair to the black man.

1 Like

Re: Why Black People Are Treated With Disdain Everywhere. by Asquare84(m): 7:44pm On May 13, 2020
bigiyaro:
excellent research and write up. Thumbs up OP, but unfortunately the black man fits all the descriptions as above and more unfortunately nobody can do anything about it, "God" was unfair to the black man.

Remember must of the problem is caused by you an i
Re: Why Black People Are Treated With Disdain Everywhere. by Asquare84(m): 7:45pm On May 13, 2020
Tell all our northern Muslim, what even baffle me is the fact that our northern Muslim embrace terrorism and killing of their fellow country men all in a bid to show Islamic nation that they are practicing true Islam

1 Like

Re: Why Black People Are Treated With Disdain Everywhere. by bigiyaro(m): 7:55pm On May 13, 2020
Asquare84:

Remember must of the problem is caused by you an i
fact

1 Like

Re: Why Black People Are Treated With Disdain Everywhere. by Zooposki(f): 7:58pm On May 13, 2020

2 Likes

Re: Why Black People Are Treated With Disdain Everywhere. by Nobody: 8:18pm On May 13, 2020
A
Re: Why Black People Are Treated With Disdain Everywhere. by PeacenLove2: 8:24pm On May 13, 2020
Good effort, it would have been more objective if you didn't reduce your write up to Islam only. You will agree the same goes for Christianity.

These two religions have a lot in common. They were both used to enslave and brainwash blacks. The Arabs you mentioned as well as Europeans who brought Christianity to Africa have written pretty much the same things about the black race.

And yes, it's baffling to see how we so much embrace these cultures that have continued to look down on us, discriminate and even kill each other. No matter what we do, we will never be Arabs or Europeans and they will never see us as one of them. We can only be best at being Africans. So why so much self-hate after all these years? Why do we accept that we are inferior and letting other race put us at the bottom of the chain? How can we rise above our issues and be the best we can? Or is this as good as its ever going to get for the black race?

3 Likes

Re: Why Black People Are Treated With Disdain Everywhere. by Nobody: 8:24pm On May 13, 2020
So what?
Whose complaining?

Don't we just love these self flagellation threads?

Every black man will come here and beat himself up.

May be it is a kind of therapy. undecided

As for me we are noble race of the world. Our epic past can not be forgotten.
Greatness can not be suppressed, it can only be temporarily obstructed .

Don't forget our great ancient past when we as blacks had empires, ruled they world in almost even every aspect.

Look at China they were world leaders in trade and commerce back in ancient times but they were invaded occupied and made to fall behind for centuries. Today China is back.

The black man's turn to bounce back into leading the world will come, and sooner than you may imagine.
I Don talk my own!
Let the self-flagellation continue grin , am out!

1 Like

Re: Why Black People Are Treated With Disdain Everywhere. by FlordFlorez(m): 9:00pm On May 13, 2020
Islamabad.
Re: Why Black People Are Treated With Disdain Everywhere. by EzeNdiAra: 10:09pm On May 13, 2020
ISLAM ENCOURAGE SLAVERY.

ONLY IN ARAB/MUSLIM WORLD THEY STILL PRACTICE SLAVERY IN 21ST CENTURY

1 Share

Re: Why Black People Are Treated With Disdain Everywhere. by stonemasonn: 12:21am On May 14, 2020
GenBuhari:
So what?
Whose complaining?

Don't we just love these self flagellation threads?

Every black man will come here and beat himself up.

May be it is a kind of therapy. undecided

As for me we are noble race of the world. Our epic past can not be forgotten.
Greatness can not be suppressed, it can only be temporarily obstructed .

Don't forget our great ancient past when we as blacks had empires, ruled they world in almost even every aspect.

Look at China they were world leaders in trade and commerce back in ancient times but they were invaded occupied and made to fall behind for centuries. Today China is back.

The black man's turn to bounce back into leading the world will come, and sooner than you may imagine.
I Don talk my own!
Let the self-flagellation continue grin , am out!
lol.
China bounced back because they have a well documented history.

What's our history before 1000 AD? We depend on the white man to research our true history, almost everything we know is just myths no single facts.

2 Likes

Re: Why Black People Are Treated With Disdain Everywhere. by GamalNasser: 12:36am On May 14, 2020
Most description there are apt
Re: Why Black People Are Treated With Disdain Everywhere. by Indigenous(f): 11:49am On May 17, 2020
smiley
Re: Why Black People Are Treated With Disdain Everywhere. by Skillsnigeria: 12:57pm On May 17, 2020
grin

(1) (Reply)

Not All 15 Chinese Visitors Are Medics —health Minister / Buhari’s Emergence In 2015 Saved Nigeria From Collapse – Presidency / "You Are On Your Own, We Remain APC Members", Edo Speaker Tells Obaseki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.