Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,484 members, 7,888,536 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 09:57 AM

Covid19 | Mental Health | Mental Exercise - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Covid19 | Mental Health | Mental Exercise (152 Views)

10 Types Of People To Avoid For A Better Mental Health - Mental Health (pic) / Stages Of Mental Health- Mental Health Issues With Pregnant Women And Depression / Stages Of Mental Health- Mental Health Issues With Pregnant Women And Depression (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Covid19 | Mental Health | Mental Exercise by pirevolution: 9:59pm On May 13, 2020
I know you are there, I know you grow weaker
I see you, i know you, I hear your feeble voice
My heart drowns in hurt watching you ask why? how? when?...
You say is this it? the moment of the unknown or when the unknown is known?...
The silence is so loud , the confusion is clear, depression is the new ok and the state of delirium governs hearts.
You know it's true and know it's there but then turning a blind eye to it subsequently leaves you blind and alone in perpetual darkness.
This is what it needs
You make it happen
You feed it, it grows
You don't, it dies
It's dies, you live
You live, life lives.

Alot has happened in the past and alot is happening now and will happen in the future that will affect you in a positive or negative way. Meanwhile it is totally up to you to decide what you allow to affect you.
We will be looking at one of the forms in which we can navigate through life with strength, positivity, hope and fulfilment believing that this is paramount to you and you want to be in this path rather than absorbing negativity and heading to destruction.

Exercise is what we will look into today.
Exercise is a systematic training by multiple repetitions or in a more simplified definition, it is a task performed or a problem solved in other to develop a skill or understanding.
Our focus here will be on mental exercise which is key for achieving and stablizing mental health. Mental exercise is not thesame for everyone, it is different because everyone is different and so is each one's preferences, social activities and so on.
In a direct approach, this exercise is to comprise of a list of things you enjoy doing such as reading, watching movies, watching documentaries, travelling, painting etc..because these things give you joy and ease your nerves, they are what you will need to line up and plan for your mental exercise routine. Now this is also an opportunity for you to discover new and positive ways to rejuvenate your mind and it's activities.

This also gives you the important opportunity for your personal time to refresh your mind in leisure which can be called your (Me time).

Mental exercise involves exercising the mind to fight against depression, anxiety, stress and boosts your overall mood.
Firstly, it is totally ok to start this process with small steps. It is infact smart!
Secondly, sit and think of activities you enjoy such as : walking laps of a mall window shopping, gardening et al... and focus on just that. These will make up your mental exercise plan which you need to outline .
There are benefits to this mental exercise which is totally beautiful and worthwhile leading to a stable mental health. Some of the benefits are;
Higher Self-esteem.
Better sleep.
More energy.
Stronger resilience.
Courage.

Further more, remember this exercise will leave you with a sense of purpose and accomplishment so you need to be comfortable about it and deliberately work towards sticking to it.
Also, reward yourself. This always aid in motivating you to keep on, do more and to do better.

Drop a comment and share, you will not know whose life will be inspired. We appreciate your feedback. Thank you! https://pirevolution..com/?m=1

(1) (Reply)

The 4 Most Effective Foods That Burn Stubborn Belly Fat Fast / Let Government Open D Economy / 226 New Cases Of COVID-19 Confirmed In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.