Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,798 members, 7,915,257 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 07:26 PM

Spot The Difference: PDP Vs ACN - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Spot The Difference: PDP Vs ACN (726 Views)

Akwa Ibom Governorship Tribunal Judgement: Udom(PDP) Vs Umana(APC) - Live / Lagos Traffic Tomorrow : GEJ's Visit Vs ACN Convention / Jonathan Is A Trainee President - ACN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Spot The Difference: PDP Vs ACN by johnie: 12:10pm On Jan 14, 2011
Alake quits Senatorial race
Font size:   Our Reporter 13/01/2011 00:00:00

Former Lagos State Commissioner for Information and Strategy Mr. Dele Alake has quit the Ekiti Central Senatorial race.

In a statement in Lagos last night, he said: "When I joined the race for the senatorial seat in Ekiti, I was motivated by the higher ideal of offering service and quality representation to the people of Ekiti Central Senatorial District in particular, Ekiti State and Nigeria in general.

"I felt that my God-given intellect, talent, elocution and erudiction and articulation, experience, exposure, knowledge and vision would be best put to the service of my people in the National Assembly through a clean electoral process. I did not envisage that an intra-party primary would degenerate into malpractices, fraud, violence and brigandage. Given what occurred on Monday at the cancelled primary in Ekiti Central Senatorial zone, I have come to the painful conclusion that it will be an uphill task for decent people with a sense of propriety to be part of any such process again.

"In the light of this and after due consultations with well-meaning Nigerians across the geo-political divides and given the fact that I subscribed to the principle and value of playing the game by the rule and also the fact that I cherish the quality of my name, status, stature and my image , I have decided not to be part of any such arrangement because there is no guarantee that the same thing will not occur again. Politics, for me, is not a do-or-die affair.

"I do not believe that in order to serve the people you either induce them with money, buy their conscience or resort to thuggery, hooliganism and brigandage. I strongly believe that if one wants to serve, you offer yourself and convince the people with ideas, programmes, plans and manifesto. I do not and will not be part of a scheme that will hoodwink the public because I want to serve them. If anyone resorts to monetary inducement, brigandage and cohesion, then such person’s motive can never be to serve. I, therefore, withdraw my participation in any political arrangement that is not above board. I appeal to all my supporters and well wishers to be calm and law abiding as the Almighty God who sees our hearts and knows our intention is in absolute control."

http://thenationonlineng.net/web3/news/24533.html
Re: Spot The Difference: PDP Vs ACN by spyder880(m): 12:16pm On Jan 14, 2011
The system is so corupt that some of our masses will vote for the stronger persons, regarding the honest ones as weaklings.
Re: Spot The Difference: PDP Vs ACN by Nobody: 12:56pm On Jan 14, 2011
spyder880:

The system is so corupt that some of our masses will vote for the stronger persons, regarding the honest ones as weaklings.

That's the strength that enables Mr. Alake, a commissioner in Lagos, until recently, to try to upstage other politicians who have been on ground in Ekiti.
Re: Spot The Difference: PDP Vs ACN by Nobody: 12:57pm On Jan 14, 2011
spyder880:

That's the strength that enables Mr. Alake, a commissioner in Lagos, until recently, to try to upstage other politicians who have been on ground in Ekiti.
Re: Spot The Difference: PDP Vs ACN by blacksta(m): 12:59pm On Jan 14, 2011
Na today -

He should learn from GEJ and his camp - on how dollar filled brown envelopes works
Re: Spot The Difference: PDP Vs ACN by texazzpete(m): 1:01pm On Jan 14, 2011
kITA TITA:

Rubbish. John McCain had been on ground for many years, it didn't stop the voters from choosing the relative JJC, Obama.
Democracy should be about the will of the People. Not about which corpulent politician has been massaging the egos of the godfathers.
Re: Spot The Difference: PDP Vs ACN by Kobojunkie: 3:06pm On Jan 14, 2011
ACN --- more like PDP II
Re: Spot The Difference: PDP Vs ACN by aspabay(m): 4:22pm On Jan 14, 2011
Dont know you guys are surprised tihs is happenig in ACN. ACN is filled with PDP 'decampees' so what do you expect.

(1) (Reply)

98 Killed In Ogun Over Land, Others, Says Police Chief / Have You Voted Online Today? - Www.nigeriansdecide.110mb.com / Illuminati,music Industry And Why Michael Jackson Was Killed Pt 1 Uncensored Vid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.