Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,604 members, 7,888,930 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 06:39 PM

Let The Minorities Speak For Themselves - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Let The Minorities Speak For Themselves (1541 Views)

5 Things That IPOB Should Know About South South Minorities. / Igbos Has Started Editing The Wikipedia Pages Of Southern Minorities / Ganduje: Let Buhari Speak For Himself, Moderator Cautions Osinbajo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Let The Minorities Speak For Themselves by Justiceleague1: 8:51am On May 14, 2020
olawalepopoola:

This map get issue.
Kabba, Offa, Ilorin and Jebba will join the West.

I once heard a notable northerner say that the yorubas should forget Kwara,kogi should the country cease to be.

5 Likes

Re: Let The Minorities Speak For Themselves by OfoIgbo: 9:02am On May 14, 2020
helinues:
I am yet to see any reputable media reporting where Yoruba's are claiming some part of SS.

We are not land grabbers.. We are currently developing our lands hence the flocking of other region to the Western part of the country.

Yorubas are claiming Warri and the rest of Itsekiri land.

Igbos are quite comfortable with just Igbos in the SE and SS. This will obviously include Opobo town and Bonny town, traditionally Igbo in outlook

2 Likes

Re: Let The Minorities Speak For Themselves by helinues: 9:04am On May 14, 2020
OfoIgbo:

Yorubas are claiming Warri and the rest of Itsekiri land.

Igbos are quite comfortable with just Igbos in the SE and SS. This will obviously include Opobo town and Bonny town, traditionally Igbo in outlook

I am yet to see any reputable media reporting where Yoruba's are claiming some part of SS

Don't tell me you didn't see that right?
Re: Let The Minorities Speak For Themselves by PDJT: 9:14am On May 14, 2020
helinues:

I laugh at you people.. You are demanding for new nations when the present region have failed in terms of everything..

[s]Which of the region in Nigeria is doing better in terms of development?[/s]

So the leaders of the new nations are going to be imported from Pluto?

-Don’t dismiss the potential of a child until that child is fully conscious and equipped. Literally, the regions are not in charge of their lands and resources, hence you can’t truly justify your comment.

-But I fully understand what you’re doing: fighting for your “One Nigeria” (and it’s journey to become an Islamic State) that your whole life depends on. Afraid to stand on your own?

5 Likes

Re: Let The Minorities Speak For Themselves by ahaz: 9:27am On May 14, 2020
Justiceleague1:

Good. But you are coming in a wrong way cos our now southern saboteurs will turn this into another tribal thread. Just watch out.
And again,you are indirectly attacking the Igbos,more or less accusing them of acting against the wish of the Niger Deltans. I don't think that's the case cos nobody does that, nobody can force any tribe or region against their wish.
Imagine,how can you,say oduduwa or ipob, forcing Asari Dokuboh and his Ijaw nation to be part of them,no sense in it. But they are all wise,the struggle for emancipation is collective and all inclusive for the ipob and Niger Deltans who have existed side by side together for long traditionally and culturally and even Politically.
There ain't need for this kind of divisive bickerings,it won't help us. We are all fighting for same cause. Even the yorubas that are attacking the igbos every day have same agenda and that's sad cos we are all thinking it but only them, the igbos,are more or less saying it.
We should rally round and support each other 1st, liberate ourselves from this common enemy subjecting us to internal colonization and sort out ourselves thereafter.

I am a proud Niger Deltan from Edo and I don't support the ipob or oduduwa am I now saying I am happy with the lopsided ways things are structured in Nigeria where the goose that lays the golden eggs is being fed crumbs?

Lzaa imhotep racoon apcharam bastardmod adaibeku
my brother God bless your understanding.. This is exactly what KANU has been saying..let's get the self determination first,and we can negotiate our independence latter.
Anyone that wishes to go her way can go,cos its not in the culture of the Igbo to force unity with anyone no matter how influential the individual is..but many tend to misinterprets this in there own way..
let it be said that,no minority group in there region at this present circumstance can get self determination on its own now unless they affiliate with the people agitating for long..and the desire of ipob is to see every nationality free with all minorities included..
so I don't know where the understanding of attachee by force is coming from.we have oil in abundance in Igbo land,we have enough gas ,we have solid minerals,and off course our ingenuity is an assets for us.
so anyone saying we want there oil is the biggest dreamer of all times..so we have to work together cos its now crystal clear that we have no future in the Nigerian state and if we bicjee SBD mid this opportunity now,I wonder when next we will get it again.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let The Minorities Speak For Themselves by ahaz: 9:35am On May 14, 2020
valirex:

Make your research, I believe you are learned
guys please avoid this distraction of a guy,please I beg you..let's focus on this all important topic.

1 Like

Re: Let The Minorities Speak For Themselves by BeerParlour: 9:41am On May 14, 2020
helinues:

And what are the other Southern groups going to benefit after achieving Biafra? What are you people bringing into the table?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let The Minorities Speak For Themselves by valirex: 9:48am On May 14, 2020
ahaz:
guys please avoid this distraction of a guy,please I beg you..let's focus on this all important topic.

And who's the distraction undecided
Re: Let The Minorities Speak For Themselves by Iceberg3: 10:21am On May 14, 2020
ahaz:
my brother God bless your understanding.. This is exactly what KANU has been saying..let's get the self determination first,and we can negotiate our independence latter.
Anyone that wishes to go her way can go,cos its not in the culture of the Igbo to force unity with anyone no matter how influential the individual is..but many tend to misinterprets this in there own way..
let it be said that,no minority group in there region at this present circumstance can get self determination on its own now unless they affiliate with the people agitating for long..and the desire of ipob is to see every nationality free with all minorities included..
so I don't know where the understanding of attachee by force is coming from.we have oil in abundance in Igbo land,we have enough gas ,we have solid minerals,and off course our ingenuity is an assets for us.
so anyone saying we want there oil is the biggest dreamer of all times..so we have to work together cos its now crystal clear that we have no future in the Nigerian state and if we bicjee SBD mid this opportunity now,I wonder when next we will get it again.
Re: Let The Minorities Speak For Themselves by KingOKON: 10:32am On May 14, 2020
helinues:
I am yet to see any reputable media reporting where Yoruba's are claiming some part of SS.

We are not land grabbers.. We are currently developing our lands hence the flocking of other region to the Western part of the country.

Only developers claim everywhere yet their ancestral home needs it d most....
Re: Let The Minorities Speak For Themselves by KingOKON: 10:36am On May 14, 2020
valirex:
The Oduduwa and Biafran struggle has come at a good time, but the minorities have been marginalized along the this two republics but is not supposed to be. Everyone and every people has the right to choose where they want to be. It's wrong to marginalize people because you feel they have similarities with you without first consulting them. I am not against these two republics wishing to extend a hand of fellowship to the minorities but it should be done in a democratic manner. The minorities are not gonna open their eyes and jump from frying pan to fire. I am not claiming to be a prophet but what I see is just Niger Delta producing about 3 countries alone but each time this is mentioned you all grow wild as if it's a crime to seek for the same Independence you're seeking for. If at this stage you act aggressive online I wonder how you all would act if those minorities go with you. If the likes of:
1. Vatican City - 0.44 km²
2. Monaco - 2 km²
3. Nauru - 21 km²
4. Tuvalu - 26 km²
5. San Marino - 61 km²
6. Liechtenstein - 160 km²
7. Marshall Islands - 181 km
8. Saint Kitts and Nevis - 261 km²
9. Maldives - 300 km²
10. Malta - 316 km²

Can survive then I see no reason why the minorities cannot survive too. what's good for the goose is good for the gander. Let's stop all this bullying cos it won't work, if Nigeria that is bigger than Biafra and Oduduwa republic cannot shut you guys down then I don't see how you can shut the minorities down also. Let's join hands and free ourselves from this British contraption

gregyboy
AreaFada2
Sarah20A
Ghostwon
AreaFada2
Osazuwa23
MelesZenawi
MinorityOpinion

Nice but note the Ekois are a very powerful group
Re: Let The Minorities Speak For Themselves by valirex: 10:39am On May 14, 2020
KingOKON:

Nice but note the Ekois are a very powerful group

Wow am just hearing about this, who are the Ekois?
Re: Let The Minorities Speak For Themselves by Rodwave: 11:25am On May 14, 2020
AreaFada2:

Well, the South will produce several countries. Minimum 3 to 4. One or 2 others aside Biafra and Oodua.

Not bad. It can even be 20 as far as I'm concern. The important thing is peace and progress. Not the wickedness that pervades the current Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Let The Minorities Speak For Themselves by Rodwave: 11:28am On May 14, 2020
valirex:

Lol. When will you learn to separate the wheat from the chaff?
Re: Let The Minorities Speak For Themselves by mystery22: 11:48am On May 14, 2020
Eastern region need to come together first,we need a unifying leader,we can't defeat the north without been one,remember the backstabbers in afonja land,that can't stay alone,if not give the North 20-50years and Nigeria might become fulanised,Ilorin is already in there hands,next is Lagos,asari dokubo is already raising the alarm about bayelsa,we all are suffering the heat,to me let Nigeria(Fulani) deal with us more so some will grow sense....

1 Like

Re: Let The Minorities Speak For Themselves by KingOKON: 11:53am On May 14, 2020
valirex:

Serious! Men u got plenty of read up to do
Re: Let The Minorities Speak For Themselves by valirex: 3:20pm On May 14, 2020
KingOKON:

Serious! Men u got plenty of read up to do

You know Nigeria is big, with divers cultures, so now tell what/who are the Ekois. Did a little Google search and found nothing
Re: Let The Minorities Speak For Themselves by valirex: 3:20pm On May 14, 2020
Rodwave:

Lol. When will you learn to separate the wheat from the chaff?

I don't get?
Re: Let The Minorities Speak For Themselves by AreaFada2: 5:59pm On May 14, 2020
Rodwave:

Not bad. It can even be 20 as far as I'm concern. The important thing is peace and progress. Not the wickedness that pervades the current Nigeria.
Yep. Part of the process is to ensure only people who wish to be together actually come together. Even the Bible says two cannot walk together unless they agree.

We have a better chance of removing that wickedness if people feel genuine patriotism.
Re: Let The Minorities Speak For Themselves by Rodwave: 7:48pm On May 14, 2020
AreaFada2:

Yep. Part of the process is to ensure only people who wish to be together actually come together. Even the Bible says two cannot walk together unless they agreee.

We have a better chance of removing that wickedness if people feel genuine patriotism.

Exactly.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Aisha Buhari Was A Child Bride, She Has Not Yet Grown Up- Reno Omokiri / 55 Days: Twitter Influencer Detained For Impersonating Goodluck Jonathan / If Gej Froze Thier Account.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.