Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,302 members, 7,881,110 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 12:44 PM

Nzeogwu's Words Still Ring True Today? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nzeogwu's Words Still Ring True Today? (1119 Views)

Excerpts Of Major Nzeogwu’s Coup Speech / Nzeogwu; How We Killed Sardauna (video) / Video Footage Of Aguiyi-ironsi, Nzeogwu, Sardauna’s House, Katsina…. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nzeogwu's Words Still Ring True Today? by johnie: 12:38pm On Jan 14, 2011
"OUR ENEMIES ARE THE POLITICAL PROFITEERS,THE SWINDLERS,THE MEN IN HIGH AND LOW PLACES THAT SEEK BRIBES AND DEMAND 10 PERCENT;THOSE THAT SEEK TO KEEP THE COUNTRY DIVIDED PERMANENTLY SO THAT THEY CAN REMAIN IN OFFICE AS MINISTERS OR VIPS AT LEAST.THE TRIBALISTS,THE NEPOTISTS,THOSE THAT MAKE THE COUNTRY LOOK FOR NOTHING BEFORE INTERNATIONAL CIRCLES,THOSE THAT HAVE CORRUPTED OUR SOCIETY AND PUT THE NIGERIAN POLITICAL CALENDER BACK BY THEIR WORDS AND DEED".

MAJOR PATRICK CHUKWUMA KADUNA NZEOGWU JAN. 15 1966.THE LEADER OF THE FIRST MILITARY COUP IN NIGERIA.

Watching the political scene today, I can't help but wonder if these words still hold true in present day Nigeria?
Re: Nzeogwu's Words Still Ring True Today? by johnie: 12:41pm On Jan 14, 2011
Please before I am crucified, let me state that this and all other military incursions were unnecessary in my opinion.
Re: Nzeogwu's Words Still Ring True Today? by okosodo: 1:50pm On Jan 14, 2011
My guy you are saying the truth. I like what you just said
Re: Nzeogwu's Words Still Ring True Today? by Xfactoria: 1:53pm On Jan 14, 2011
The guy could have said anything to justify his ethnocentric truncation of the first republic.
Re: Nzeogwu's Words Still Ring True Today? by johnie: 3:10pm On Jan 14, 2011
^^^
Fine, but are those words true of Nigeria today?
Re: Nzeogwu's Words Still Ring True Today? by Akhenaten: 3:28pm On Jan 14, 2011
It doesn't mean his words are any hollow. And Nzeogwu was far from ethnocentric.
Re: Nzeogwu's Words Still Ring True Today? by T9ksy(m): 6:12pm On Jan 14, 2011
Posted by: Akhenaten Today at 03:28:14 PM
It doesn't mean his words are any hollow. And Nzeogwu was far from ethnocentric

Probably but his fellow coupists were bloody ethnocentric!
Re: Nzeogwu's Words Still Ring True Today? by Akhenaten: 6:15pm On Jan 14, 2011
T9ksy:

Probably but his fellow coupists were bloody ethnocentric!

But the thread pertains to Nzeogwu's words. I do not know why the other coupist should be mentioned. undecided
Re: Nzeogwu's Words Still Ring True Today? by Kobojunkie: 6:34pm On Jan 14, 2011
True words!
Re: Nzeogwu's Words Still Ring True Today? by T9ksy(m): 6:38pm On Jan 14, 2011
Quote from: Akhenaten on Today at 06:15:39 PM
But the thread pertains to Nzeogwu's words. I do not know why the other coupist should be mentioned

Yeah, the thread is about Nzeogwu's words and not about whether he's ethnocentric or not.
You brought this part up and am just following your lead  grin
Re: Nzeogwu's Words Still Ring True Today? by Akhenaten: 6:41pm On Jan 14, 2011
T9ksy:

Quote from: Akhenaten on Today at 06:15:39 PM
Yeah, the thread is about Nzeogwu's words and not about whether he's ethnocentric or not.
You brought this part up and am just following your lead  grin

Actually, if you look prior to my post, I was responding to X-factoria and his assertion and it should have ended there. undecided
Re: Nzeogwu's Words Still Ring True Today? by Nobody: 7:30pm On Jan 14, 2011
Kobojunkie:

True words!

True words, but not true enough to deal Nigeria a death blow, a mere six years after independence.

If Nigeria should eventually fail, the genesis will be traced to the misguided actions of Nzeogwu and his friends in 1966.
Re: Nzeogwu's Words Still Ring True Today? by dayokanu(m): 7:41pm On Jan 14, 2011
johnie:

"OUR ENEMIES ARE THE POLITICAL PROFITEERS,THE SWINDLERS,THE MEN IN HIGH AND LOW PLACES THAT SEEK BRIBES AND DEMAND 10 PERCENT;THOSE THAT SEEK TO KEEP THE COUNTRY DIVIDED PERMANENTLY SO THAT THEY CAN REMAIN IN OFFICE AS MINISTERS OR VIPS AT LEAST.THE TRIBALISTS,THE NEPOTISTS,THOSE THAT MAKE THE COUNTRY LOOK FOR NOTHING BEFORE INTERNATIONAL CIRCLES,THOSE THAT HAVE CORRUPTED OUR SOCIETY AND PUT THE NIGERIAN POLITICAL CALENDER BACK BY THEIR WORDS AND DEED".

MAJOR PATRICK CHUKWUMA KADUNA NZEOGWU JAN. 15 1966.THE LEADER OF THE FIRST MILITARY COUP IN NIGERIA.

Watching the political scene today, I can't help but wonder if these words still hold true in present day Nigeria?

This words of Nzeogwu are very true and perfectly describe his friends and fellow Coup plotters Like ifeajuna and co.

Who sabotaged a so called "revolution" at the altar of tribalism and nepotism
Re: Nzeogwu's Words Still Ring True Today? by T9ksy(m): 7:47pm On Jan 14, 2011
Posted by: dayokanu Today at 07:41:01 PM
This words of Nzeogwu are very true and perfectly describe his friends and fellow Coup plotters Like ifeajuna and co.

Who sabotaged a so called "revolution" at the altar of tribalism and nepotism

True words!!!
Re: Nzeogwu's Words Still Ring True Today? by aljharem(m): 8:41pm On Jan 14, 2011
see who is talking about tribalism grin grin grin

some people just keep making rubbish speech to make them look intelligent

@op

i think he was refering to his military igbo brothers not nigeria,,, so i do not see how this really concern nigeria as a whole

if he knew all this, why did his co-igbo military men kill only northern and yoruba/edo military men undecided why not igbo miltary men then eg ojukwu himself why only those miltary men undecided

look not to drag this thing long, his speech was not to nigerians but for himself and others like him

most of us on nairaland are only and i repeat only tribal on nairaland which is the fault of some of my igbo brothers on this forum

in the outerside world, i believe we love each other whether igbo yoruba, edo etc

but even in the outer world like america, igbos still dislike us northerners and especally the yorubas

so i think this is something igbos have to think about and retify before it become a big problem like the nazis in germany

well i know before it gets to that stage, they all be died if that rubbish happens in nigeria

also, i love everyone igbo, yoruba, delta ibo, ijebu, hausa, fulani, ika, igala etc i love everyone and i am not tribal in any form

most of us just like to defend our people, there is no tribalism in Nigeria, i mean like at PDP primaries yesterday

does it look that the north hate south or does it look like igbos dislike ijaw etc, NO

on nairaland, it is just over pull undecided  1 love to nigeria cheesy
Re: Nzeogwu's Words Still Ring True Today? by dempeople(m): 11:25pm On Jan 14, 2011
alj harem:

see who is talking about tribalism grin grin grin

some people just keep making rubbish speech to make them look intelligent

@op

1)   i think he was refering to his military igbo brothers not nigeria,,, so i do not see how this really concern nigeria as a whole

2) if he knew all this, why did his co-igbo military men kill only northern and yoruba/edo military men undecided why not igbo miltary men then eg ojukwu   
     himself why only those miltary men undecided

3)  look not to drag this thing long, his speech was not to nigerians but for himself and others like him

4)  most of us on nairaland are only and i repeat only tribal on nairaland which is the fault of some of my igbo brothers on this forum

5)  in the outerside world, i believe we love each other whether igbo yoruba, edo etc

6)  but even in the outer world like america, igbos still dislike us northerners and especally the yorubas

7)  so i think this is something igbos have to think about and retify before it become a big problem like the nazis in germany

well i know before it gets to that stage, they all be died if that rubbish happens in nigeria

9)  also, i love everyone igbo, yoruba, delta ibo, ijebu, hausa, fulani, ika, igala etc i love everyone and i am not tribal in any form

10) most of us just like to defend our people, there is no tribalism in Nigeria, i mean like at PDP primaries yesterday

11) does it look that the north hate south or does it look like igbos dislike ijaw etc, NO

12) on nairaland, it is just over pull undecided  1 love to nigeria cheesy

1) And why did you think he was referring to his Igbo brothers? Were you aware of Nzeogwu's personality before spewing this trash? Even I myself as an Igboman, with the benefit of hindsight, is very much against the coup plot but believe he was a patriot at heart who really cared about the country. His actions were shrouded in patriotism but really not the best solution for the country at the time.

2) Simply because the coup was a failed coup or rather, poorly executed/not carried out, by some of his fellow plotters.

3) Shut up. Like I said, I vehemently disagree with the coup and its motives - because it simply wasn't the best solution at the time however, the statement and the motives were carried out with the best interest of Nigerians at heart - at least that's what I strongly believe they thought though.  undecided

4) Why do you think the prevalence of tribalism on Nairaland is due to Ndigbo on this forum?  . And you said you're half Igbo?  cheesy.

5) I'm not sure about that. Where's the love? If we love each other, Nigeria would have become a better country for it.

6) I think it goes both ways. I would say that more Nigerians dislike Ndigbo than Ndigbo dislike other Nigerians. I always wonder why this is the case though!

7) Shut the he.ll up. That Ndigbo should rectify what before it becomes like Nazi Germany? You're really a loser - talking from both sides of your mouth. What should Ndigbo rectify, wise one?

8   I'm beginning to think you're a lunatic. "That they will all be dead if that rubbish happens in Nigeria" ? Are you really O.K in the head? Why are you spewing out statements like this?

9) No. I don't think you love everyone. For a fact, I'm dead sure you hate Ndigbo - from the utter nonsense you've posted here and in your threads which has given me a better understanding of your personality. You and your other Yoruba wife are really of the same feathers in thoughts.  angry angry

10) There's tribalism in Nigeria. Don't be deceived by what u saw at the primaries. Its all formalities. Learn to see the big pictures.

11) The North really hates the South. A quick one, why do your  brothers like to kill southerners especially Ndigbo? Its always about KILL, KILL, KILL, KILL and KILL. What has your ilk contributed to the development of this country?

12) The most reasonable statement you've made so far. At least, it shows that your brain came online for a second.

At the end of the day, we're all Nigerians and Africans. Sometimes, its unbelievable about the hatred and prejudices here on this forum.
Re: Nzeogwu's Words Still Ring True Today? by aljharem(m): 11:33pm On Jan 14, 2011
^^^^

why higlight my statment undecided is there something wrong undecided
Re: Nzeogwu's Words Still Ring True Today? by dempeople(m): 12:03am On Jan 15, 2011
How's it a big deal? Respond to my post. I wanted it to be numbered and highlighted for you to see the ones I'm commenting on.

(1) (Reply)

, / Dateline Feb. 2007: You Have A Crisis Of Credibility: Tinubu Tells Ribadu. / Bomb Blast In Inec Office

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.